George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April

+4
LizzyNY
Sevens
Katiedot
Nicky80
8 posters

Go down

Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April Empty Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April

Post by Nicky80 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 06:23

Thanks to frenchies

Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April

posted on March 26th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

What if there was a place … a secret place where nothing is impossible?
You wanna go? Well, soon you can, when Disney’s riveting mystery adventure “Tomorrowland” makes its debut in theaters. In the meantime, visitors to Tomorrowland at the Disneyland Resort and Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort can catch an exclusive preview of scenes from the movie.

For a limited time, a sneak peek of “Tomorrowland” will be presented with special in-theater effects at the Imagination Pavilion theater at Epcot and the Tomorrowland Theater at Disneyland park.
Directed by Oscar® winner Brad Bird and starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney, “Tomorrowland” tells the story of a jaded scientist and an optimistic teen who embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space. “Tomorrowland” features a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen.
The Disney Parks-exclusive “Tomorrowland” sneak peek begins in mid-April at Epcot and Disneyland park. With every second that ticks by, the future is running out, so be sure to take advantage of this special opportunity before “Tomorrowland” opens in theaters on May 22, 2015.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April Empty Re: Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Mar 2015, 08:44

Oooh. Jealous of those who get to see this.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April Empty Re: Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April

Post by Sevens Thu 02 Apr 2015, 01:19

OMG we're gonna have George's beverage and literally drink him!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 02 Apr 2015, 06:32

Sneak Peek: New Food and Beverage Novelty Items to Celebrate Disney’s Tomorrowland at Disney Parks!

by Linda Ramirez, Disney Parks Novelty Food and Beverage, Lead Communications Coordinator, Manager

Ready to ‘launch’ up your next Lunch at the Disneyland Resort? Here’s a peek at some of the new food and beverage items coming to Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park to celebrate the new Tomorrowland movie (in theaters May 22nd), and I couldn't wait to share it with Disney Parks Blog readers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First, inspired by young Frank Walker’s jetpack adventure in the film, try the Double dog FRANK-furter Jetpack at Award Wieners in Disney California Adventure park. This double all-beef hot dog is served on a ‘wheatfield’ bun (just like in the movie), with an ‘exhaust’ of wasabi ketchup and dijon-aioli infused mustard, in a souvenir Disney Parks authentic, collectable, exclusive 'jetpack' bun holder.

You'll need something to wash down all that FRANK-furter fun, so we've designed this new souvenir collectible sipper to enjoy on all your ‘Tomorrowland’ adventures. If you love George Clooney as much as I do, I suggest getting your drink in the Frank Walker souvenir sipper, perfect to keep your little one’s ‘fueled’ up for action. The "Frank Walker souvenir sipper" is a great value at $19.64 and includes a single soft drink fill at time of purchase.

The designs, by Mark Jennison, Creative Marketing Lead of Novelty Merchandise Foods Synergy and Products, "Guest research shows that our guests will have a great response to these Tomorrowland collectible sippers and food products. After seeing the movie (in theaters on May 22nd), we know guests will want to 'jetpack' over to their favorite Disney Parks’ resorts’ food and or beverage destination and enjoy these limited edition products that show their #DisneySide."

Our Walt Disney World guests can enjoy these select items at vending carts in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom Park.

You wont need a special pin to enjoy these new food and beverage offers, but hurry - these limited time offerings have a 100% probability of disappearing from the future soon.

Which of these new #FuturisticFun items will you be ‘transporting’ your Disney Parks adventure with?

From sevens link.

I like the sipper hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Apr 2015, 14:58

OMG! First thought? Eating the FRANKfurter! lol! lol! (Yeah, I know! Dirty old lady! Very Happy Very Happy )

Seriously, though, how cheesy can you get? Thank goodness it was just an April fool's joke - or was it? scratch I don't think George would be in love with these.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 02 Apr 2015, 15:32

Lizzy it's not a joke...it's from the official Disney Parks blog. You know they'll start a whole of extensive promoting events in the parks very soon...and the Disney officer won't lie about such things.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 02 Apr 2015, 15:43

I could literally see George wearing that pin and Amal drinking from that George Clooney sipper when/if they're at the Disneyland premiere of Tomorrowland! Very Happy
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Apr 2015, 16:33

I think it makes him look ridiculous, but if he signed off on it I guess he doesn't care. Somehow I didn't think he would approve this cheesy kind of stuff - kind of fucks with his image - more proof, I guess, that he's ready to move behind the camera.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 02 Apr 2015, 17:45

Well I think that's because Disney has more authority in how to promote a blockbuster.
George hasn't starred in a big-budget studio tentpole since 2007.
And Disney has never made an original sci-fi adventure before.
This project is crucial to both of them, especially if you consider the plot seems to be  very tied-in with Disney Parks experiences. IMO those toys and all the products in general is just part of the very Disney culture.
I think they'll do anything they can to promote this one. Disney want to make George feel more accessible to their guests and fans in this way. George also wants the film to do well in boxoffice. We all know the summer market is very brutal and George hasnt got used to this period of release time and promoting such a big release. Therefore such marketing plans will only do more good than harm to both sides if the film becomes a hit. George surely doesn't want his biggest project in career to be a flop.
I do hope it'll be a hit, because there's a potential "TOMORROWLAND" franchise waiting for him.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Apr 2015, 20:29

Sevens - I'm sure you're right about Disney's need to promote this film to the hilt, and I'm sure they're hoping it will morph into a franchise instead of a stand-alone, but I never envisioned George's career going in that direction and I hope it doesn't. The last thing he needs at this point in his career is a tentpole franchise. For years he's been trying to make smaller, more sophisticated films for mature audiences - there are plenty of others making tentpoles - and unless this film is a totally brilliant instant classic he doesn't need to be tied to a franchise. Just MHO.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Apr 2015, 20:47

Lizzy, don't you think that he may believe that one tentpole now and then can fund anything smaller that he may want to invest in......wasn't the Oceans series part of that methodology?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Apr 2015, 23:08

PAN - I've heard him say exactly what you're saying and it really makes perfect sense. I think it's a good way to raise money for his smaller films.

I'm just hoping that if this becomes a franchise George isn't contracted to star in future installments unless he wants to do them at the time. I'd much rather see him in the kinds of movies he's been making the last few years. I want to see him continue to grow as an actor and I don't think this kind of film offers him that challenge.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Apr 2015, 03:24

I am so looking forward to this film that I don't care what kind of promo they do for it. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 03 Apr 2015, 05:53

Same here Lorna! Brad Bird just tweeted it finished its Dolby ATMOS mix and that means I'm gonna see Tomorrowland one more time-IMAX and ATMOS!
I saw Gravity twice in IMAX3D and once in 3D. Feeling for this one I'll probably see IMAX three times and ATMOS once. So excited! Laughing
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Apr 2015, 06:44

LornaDoone wrote:I am so looking forward to this film that I don't care what kind of promo they do for it.  Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

Me too, Me too, Me too.....Can't wait to see it Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:34

I. Want. That. Sipper.

[I also have a deep love of things that are incredibly, awefully, tacky and this just rings all the right bells]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:49

I'm 99.999% sure that George's contract gives him a percentage of merchandising from the movie. If that takes off, he might make more that his acting fee.

And it has taken Brad Bird 12 years to do another Incredibles. I don't think there'll be another Tomorrowland unless and until there's a really good story to be told.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 05 Apr 2015, 05:36

Way2Old - I hadn't thought in terms of him having a percentage of the merchandising. You're probably right - and he'd probably sign off on pretty much anything if it meant he could fund more projects of his own - he probably thinks some of this stuff is pretty funny and doesn't mind the "cheese factor" at all.

I wonder what kind of a deal he has with Disney. Do you think he's getting a flat fee or a percentage? I hope he makes a lot of money from this film.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 05 Apr 2015, 06:01

Sandra Bullock earned more than $70million from "Gravity".
Dont know if George could earn that much.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 05 Apr 2015, 06:08

there have been lots of tweets about the #TOMORROWLANDevent to be held in Disneyland May 6 to 8.(around his birthday?)
it's said the three-day event includes press interviews. Wondering if George would be there to do the promo.
also it's highly likely the US premiere of the film will be in Disneyland.just like what the first Pirates movie did.
Imagine George&Amal wearing that pin and show up on the Disney red carpet!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 11:27

Sevens wrote:there have been lots of tweets about the #TOMORROWLANDevent to be held in Disneyland May 6 to 8.(around his birthday?)
it's said the three-day event includes press interviews. Wondering if George would be there to do the promo.
also it's highly likely the US premiere of the film will be in Disneyland.just like what the first Pirates movie did.
Imagine George&Amal wearing that pin and show up on the Disney red carpet!

Imagine they drink out of that sipper Razz Razz Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 05 Apr 2015, 11:31

May 6th at Disneyland? Well that would continue the theme.of 'I'm spending my honeymoon at Comic-Con'........I'm spending my birthday at Disneyland!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 05 Apr 2015, 15:37

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - I hadn't thought in terms of him having a percentage of the merchandising. You're probably right - and he'd probably sign off on pretty much anything if it meant he could fund more projects of his own - he probably thinks some of this stuff is pretty funny and doesn't mind the "cheese factor" at all.

I wonder what kind of a deal he has with Disney. Do you think he's getting a flat fee or a percentage? I hope he makes a lot of money from this film.

He's hired talent for Disney. The only risk he takes on this project, as opposed to his own, is artistic. So it would be my guess that he got paid his full fee, plus a backend percentage that is much smaller than when he works for next to nothing up front but takes the risk on there being a profit after distribution and release. Plus the merchandising. So this could be a lucrative project for him. Guaranteed money, plus revenue that comes from the pervasive Disney marketing machine.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:37

Well, if he's got a piece of the backend I hope this movie makes a fortune for him. He has said that on his more recent movies (the ones he and Grant produced) he worked for scale and didn't take any of the backend money. He needs to build up his bank account if they're going to keep producing films like GN&GL and MM.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 06 Apr 2015, 06:50

here is from one who got invited:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 06 Apr 2015, 12:15

alright on May 6th there will be a screening of the film and George should be there because he is the biggest star! those bloggers get to interview him and the rest of the cast.
George is definitely spending his birthday at Disneyland!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 06 Apr 2015, 14:46

That would be so cool if George spent his actual bd at Disneyland.  

Lizzy, I'm hoping too this movie is going to make lots of $ and George is going to reap those benefits on the backend.  He's got so many projects he and Grant want to pursue and the Tomorrowland residuals will come in very handy.  He's probably being paid a hefty sum too for having the starring role in Money Monster.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 06 Apr 2015, 16:23

Dont think so Donnamarie...the total budget for "Money Monster" just comes as $30m.
George wont get too much from the front end. Much larger percentage of back end could be more sensible.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 06 Apr 2015, 18:32

I had to go back to the Money Monster thread to realize this is not a high budget film. So I f*d up.  Thanks Sevens for setting me straight.  So at this point Tomorrowland is the only tent pole project G is associated with this year.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 06 Apr 2015, 20:15

Donnamarie - Not counting "Batman" (because, well... just not counting "Batman" Very Happy ) I think the Ocean's franchise is the only thing close to a tentpole feature he's ever done. "Tomorrowland" could be another if they got it right, although I wonder if he'd want to tie himself to a franchise that requires him to appear in sequels year after year. I would think it would interfere with other things he wants to do.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 06 Apr 2015, 22:03

LizzyNY wrote:Donnamarie - Not counting "Batman" (because, well... just not counting "Batman" Very Happy ) I think the Ocean's franchise is the only thing close to a tentpole feature he's ever done. "Tomorrowland" could be another if they got it right, although I wonder if he'd want to tie himself to a franchise that requires him to appear in sequels year after year. I would think it would interfere with other things he wants to do.

Right Lizzy. Can't think of another blockbuster type movie George has been involved with. 
Although what about Graviy?  That made a bucketload of money.

I wouldn't think he would want to do a sequel to Tomorrowland  but I think a lot depends on how well it does at the box office. But I still think he wouldn't want to go there.  I personally don't like sequels.  More times than not they just don't do as well as the original.  IMO The Godfather 1 and 2 are the exceptions.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 22:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 07 Apr 2015, 05:52

more about the #TomorrowlandEvent
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 10 Apr 2015, 17:28

Official statement from Disney. The sneak peek will be 12-minute long and Disneyland also got an exhibit.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:33

Thanks to frenchies

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 17 Apr 2015, 02:32

pictures and comments

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 03:12; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 17 Apr 2015, 03:09

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 17 Apr 2015, 08:20

two videos

spoiler alert! description of the footage
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 17 Apr 2015, 12:38

Great interview with the director and a look at the exhibit:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 17 Apr 2015, 17:11

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down