George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Who loves Amal? EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Who loves Amal? EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Who loves Amal? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Who loves Amal? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Who loves Amal? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Who loves Amal? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Who loves Amal? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Who loves Amal? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Who loves Amal? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Who loves Amal?

+13
LornaDoone
Cece42
Nicky80
annemarie
Way2Old4Dis
Picachu
LizzyNY
mel01
Katiedot
bgarabedian
kat19
Alisonfan
fava
17 posters

Go down

Do you like Amal?

From what I know about her, so far, I like her!

If George chose her that's good enough for me to like her

I like that she's different from the previous llne of women, but jury still out on her personally

I could like her if she did not represent certain reprehensible characters in her work

I could like her if I did not perceive her to be an attention-seeker

Don't like her, but can't put my finger on why...just a feeling

Don't like her for a myriad of reasons based on what we know about her

I hate everything about her

I don't care about Amal either way

View results

Who loves Amal? Empty Who loves Amal?

Post by fava Thu 26 Mar 2015, 15:48

I get the impression that some COH's think there is a lot of support for Amal on this forum.  I thought there were a few strong supports, a few haters and a bunch of posters with mixed feelings.  Decided to do a poll to get the lay of the land. I think I set it up so you can pick more than one option.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Who loves Amal? Empty Re: Who loves Amal?

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 26 Mar 2015, 16:47

I can't vote. I want to say that she must be a wonderful person because George chose her, but I think he's still in the infatuated "anything my baby wants" stage, and I'm not sure his usual judgment is in the 'on' position. And she's sent my antennae up too many times, without anything specific to go on, for me to completely accept her as the genuine article.

Sure, nobody who knows her or who cares about George has said a negative word about her. But that could be true of me, too, and I know I can be a butthole.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 17:46

i feel like this is just a completely unnecessary poll, sorry. There doesn't need to be consensus about her. She's a person, not a movie or a piece of clothing.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 26 Mar 2015, 20:01

kat19 wrote:i feel like this is just a completely unnecessary poll, sorry. There doesn't need to be consensus about her. She's a person, not a movie or a piece of clothing.
Are any of the polls completely necessary?  I was not looking for consensus--know that is not possible. But I see comments like "so many posters are pro-amal" or complaints of being attackef for criticizing her,I wondered if that is indeed the case or whether it's just a few posters who post often on either side.  I think there have been polls about people in the past--including George.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 20:30

fava wrote:
kat19 wrote:i feel like this is just a completely unnecessary poll, sorry. There doesn't need to be consensus about her. She's a person, not a movie or a piece of clothing.
Are any of the polls completely necessary?  I was not looking for consensus--know that is not possible. But I see comments like "so many posters are pro-amal" or complaints of being attackef for criticizing her,I wondered if that is indeed the case or whether it's just a few posters who post often on either side.  I think there have been polls about people in the past--including George.

Well obviously you can make a poll about whatever you like. 

I feel like there's a hand full of posters on both sides who do post often, but there are a lot of people who lurk on the site as well, who don't post often but might vote in a poll anyway so that kind of skews the results if you want to know if regular posters tend to favour one side in particular.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 22:07

fava wrote:

I don't think this poll will give you the right answer. Do you want to know who loves Amal or about the Posters who comment on Amal? This is not clear to me when I read your post.

I can't vote as well. I think we just have to accept it how it is. Some like her, some don't, some are not sure and this will be reflected in many threads in the past, present and future.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 23:52

I think it a good idea.  Many here feel overwhelmed by "new" poster's.
this is good IF fair.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Mar 2015, 02:40

I can't vote one way or the other. I have days where I like her well enough and days where I don't. Sometimes there's a reason, sometimes there isn't -just a gut feeling. Today I could probably check off almost all of the boxes in your poll, so I don't think my vote would tell you very much. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 06:21

Alisonfan wrote:I think it a good idea.  Many here feel overwhelmed by "new" poster's.
this is good IF fair.

New posters are not a bad thing. This is an online messageboard, not an exclusive club.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Fri 27 Mar 2015, 07:10

I am not sure about this. I have never met her and from what I see in the media and all her pictures, she seems like she enjoys the spotlight and loves the camera and I feel she wants to be the star of this marriage and george in the background. she seems always first but I know she is not. If it was not for George she would never be in the media and no one would even care so I think my opinion is sometimes I like her and most of the time I do not. just my opinion. bg

bgarabedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Mar 2015, 08:43

I don't understand why people can't vote? This is just an opinion poll, not a definitive authority on whether or not we like her. Nobody is going to change their mind about Amal after seeing the results.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 10:45

Katiedot wrote:I don't understand why people can't vote?  This is just an opinion poll, not a definitive authority on whether or not we like her.  Nobody is going to change their mind about Amal after seeing the results.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with this poll. Instead of saying "can't vote", if u really have feelings one way or the other, voting will give a general idea of everybody's opinion. Of course, if u're not sure and neutral, then no need to vote. Smile

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Mar 2015, 14:09

Katie - I don't know about anyone else, but I can't vote in this poll because I can't make up my mind about her. Every day my opinion of her changes and there's no logical reason for why I don't like her. Right now I could check off any of the first 7 options. Tomorrow maybe I'll choose the last option. I dunno scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 27 Mar 2015, 14:41

im not voting because as far as i am concerned this is a George Clooney site so any poll i take part in should be about him and not his wife
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 18:00

I don't vote as I don't see the point to judge somebody to like or don't like.  It's not like we vote what was George best movie or "who will be George best man". 

Also I think we repeat ourselves with "like and don't like Amal". We have a thread already below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But of course this is just me. Any other feel free to vote. Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 27 Mar 2015, 18:29

My interpretation is that the poll is more for the reasons than the actual stance.

And we decide whether we like or dislike people all the time. It's human nature, and nothing to get judgey about.

I'm with the folks whose reaction to Amal is a game day decision.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 27 Mar 2015, 18:45

I did vote but don't think it truly matters George loves Amal and that is all that really matters we really don't know her that well.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 20:54

Way2Old4Dis wrote:My interpretation is that the poll is more for the reasons than the actual stance.

And we decide whether we like or dislike people all the time. It's human nature, and nothing to get judgey about.

I'm with the folks whose reaction to Amal is a game day decision.

True, but it is our responsibility how we share it. it is not about judging other People, this is normal and we do it everyday and we share it in all the threads here too, it is about how you do it.

Imagine you go into your office and your co workers start a poll about you why they like or dislike you. It is different if you talk to a friend / co worker about it. if you talk to someone you TALK. But if you tick a box about someone that is too easy to judge someone.....

But as I said, this is just me. I'm sure others enjoy the poll Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 28 Mar 2015, 03:16

So, so far:

3% don't care about her either way
10% haven't made an opinion on her yet
33% are variously liking her
57% are in various forms of not warming to her

That adds up to 103% somehow. Oh well. Time for coffee!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 28 Mar 2015, 18:41

Yeah, I did that math yesterday, but I wasn't going to say anything.

Maybe it's because Amal is so superlative in everything that she even exceeds the limits of finite percentages. :-)

Anyway, it's probably not all her that causes me the misgivings. It's the lore. I don't buy the story, hate that anyone thinks it's necessary, and don't believe for one minute that she played 'hard to get.' Met and married in a year is not 'hard.'

It's just as likely, to my thinking, that George was the one playing aloof and uncommitted when he told the world that he hadn't met the love of his life yet, at a time they were apparently seeing each other.

But what do I know? Nothing.

They look like they're enjoying life. If George is happy, then I'm happy. If it's because of Amal, I give her props. Today, at least.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 28 Mar 2015, 19:10

I agree with everything you said Way2 .... in your LAST paragraph!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 22:20

Well we all know one thing, the way to Georges heart is not thru his stomach since she doesn't cook.   I wonder which route she took.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 28 Mar 2015, 22:48

Cece42 wrote:Well we all know one thing, the way to Georges heart is not thru his stomach since she doesn't cook.   I wonder which route she took.

It's a question a lot of us want to know.  I'm not saying that she purposely enticed him but I would love to know what the initial attraction was for George. There are many qualities about her that could have gotten his attention but what was the "wow" factor for him.   These are mysteries that we may not know for a long time or may never  know if the two of them prefer not to talk about their private lives together.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 28 Mar 2015, 23:34

The wow factor was probably that she didn't really have any time for him.  For a man who is used to women making fools of themselves and tripping over themselves to be around him but she didn't was probably too intriguing to pass up.

Plus she has that lovely British accent.  I tell ya, put me near a Brit or a Scottish guy (well at least one that I can actually understand) and it's so pleasing to the ear they way they say their words.  Probably found the same thing with George.  

JMO and conjecturing...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 29 Mar 2015, 00:53

Donnamarie wrote:I agree with everything you said Way2 .... in your LAST paragraph!

Not the third?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 29 Mar 2015, 03:49

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:I agree with everything you said Way2 .... in your LAST paragraph!

Not the third?

Hahaha Way2.  Is that a trick question?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 29 Mar 2015, 04:22

Not a trick. I messed it up; did it without looking at how many paragraphs I'd actually written.

It should have been "the fifth."

See? I know nothing. Can't even pull off a joke without flubbing it.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 29 Mar 2015, 04:34

Way2 that's what happens when you try to watch b ball and post at the same time.  

Ha!  My response would have been the same.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 30 Mar 2015, 02:58

LornaDoone wrote:The wow factor was probably that she didn't really have any time for him.  For a man who is used to women making fools of themselves and tripping over themselves to be around him but she didn't was probably too intriguing to pass up.

Plus she has that lovely British accent.  I tell ya, put me near a Brit or a Scottish guy (well at least one that I can actually understand) and it's so pleasing to the ear they way they say their words.  Probably found the same thing with George.  

JMO and conjecturing...

Her genuinely not having the time for him or being immediately available could have been a real turn on for George.  George once said in an interview that he likes to be the one to pursue someone he's interested in. He likes to be the hunter which I thought was a funny thing for him to say.  Of course I'm paraphrasing but you probably read that too.

But what else?  Her accent I'm sure was attractive to him but was it her brilliant mind or her sense of humor or her skinny, long legs which he has an affinity for.  Maybe all of it.  Im so curious to know.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 30 Mar 2015, 14:07

I'd guess all of it Donnamarie. But as you say it's a 
private thing really. 
Sometimes we don't know just what attracts us
to a person....and sometimes it's obvious. Lol

Lorna...I love the Welsh accent of people from 
South Wales. I'll try and find Rhod Gilbert on
you tube. It'll be in the Kitchen Chat eventually.
for you to judge.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 30 Mar 2015, 15:43

Here's my list in no particular order....not interested/too busy,  her knowledge and work including all the things that interest him internationally, thin with long long legs and long long hair, large brown eyes, no nonsense approach, sense of humour and discretion, a world miles away from his, (was once quoted as saying to marry another actress would never work) which I suspect in his eyes is way more important than his, like minds,..... and of course that old black magic called 'alchemy'.

I also think that he thought that there was no way she would want to marry him.....(see John Lambros' 'The Boys' speech from the wedding)

He was the hunter....and quite possibly now he has to cool his heels sometimes and wait for her

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Mar 2015, 16:01

If you're a man feeling your age and are in a period in which you think maybe you've lost your mojo, an Amal Alamuddin is the perfect type to make you feel you've still got it.

I'll get killed for that. But wait, there's more.

You're a movie director who has an eye for raw looks that can be made into more. So you take a decently attractive woman and help her become stunning. You create the vey prize you've supposedly won.

Just felt like playing Devil's Advocate. (Which is probably the most fun job at the Vatican, IMO.)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 30 Mar 2015, 16:58

PAN, you're most likely right on all counts.  It just wasn't one thing.  She definitely was a challenge for him.  I think you bear that out in your comments.  And your last paragraph on him waiting for her I suspect that's really true.  But  obviously he appreciates the importance and highly respects her job.  In some ways from the comments he has made I think he sees her work as more important and consequential than his work.  I wouldn't agree but I do believe he may feel that way.

Way2, not going to attack you.  I think you're a really smart woman with smart and very articulate opinions.  You always make good arguments here.  And you play Devil's Advocate very well but I think you're showing your true hand so to speak.  I think you got this George/Amal thing all wrong.  But it's always a hoot (for me) to read how you really feel about this relationship.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 17:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 30 Mar 2015, 17:46

Way2-- do you think he enjoys being the one who "discovered" her (to a wider world beyond the legal)?  Is there a little bit of " see, I can attact someone who is smart, has gravitas and is unlikely to appear on a reality show" (a la last 3 relationships)? "Hey, world--see I am a man of substance?" 

Plus, the hair.  He often goes for brunettes and have to admit that hair is to die for.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Mar 2015, 19:28

Donnamarie wrote:
... Way2,  I think you got this George/Amal thing all wrong.  But it's always a hoot (for me) to read how you really feel about this relationship.

Oh, cool. Can you tell me how I feel? 'Cause I really don't know. :-)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 30 Mar 2015, 19:33

Way2Old.....your last sentence about being "Devil's Advocate 
in the Vatican" made me smile. Very Happy

Go on.....apply for the job and write a blog or book
about it all !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Mar 2015, 19:38

fava wrote:Way2-- do you think he enjoys being the one who "discovered" her (to a wider world beyond the legal)?  Is there a little bit of " see, I can attact someone who is smart, has gravitas and is unlikely to appear on a reality show" (a la last 3 relationships)? "Hey, world--see I am a man of substance?" 

Plus, the hair.  He often goes for brunettes and have to admit that hair is to die for.

George is more than a little vain, and very competitive. From what I gather of him, when he decided it was time to be married, he was going to win the wife contest, hands down. I've said before that I think he felt he had something to prove, and there was maybe even an element of "This is what you get when you marry George Clooney."

I'm not culturally or anthropologically structured to envy the hair, but she does work it, and I understand its role in the whole attractiveness thing. Probably way up there in the 'plus' column for George.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Mar 2015, 19:43

Joanna wrote:Way2Old.....your last sentence about being "Devil's Advocate 

about it all !

Wouldn't that be a blast? Rattling the skeletons in the closets of saints?

Wonder if they have it in a jobs listing somewhere.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 30 Mar 2015, 21:09

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:
... Way2,  I think you got this George/Amal thing all wrong.  But it's always a hoot (for me) to read how you really feel about this relationship.

Oh, cool. Can you tell me how I feel? 'Cause I really don't know. :-)

Way2, uh are you annoyed with me?  Do you really not know how you feel about these two or do you not like me saying that I know how you feel.  I don't want to put words in your mouth for sure.  But like the rest of us you have expressed yourself about this relationship quite a bit. 

I get the sense that you're conflicted about the marriage.  You don't  feel that this relationship is genuine.  It's more about PR, image and opportunity for George.  And from your last post here you feel George had something to prove - to himself and to others.  So in your mind it's not about genuine love and finally finding someone who he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

Tell me I'm wrong.  I'm fine with that.  Maybe I've misunderstood you all along.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Mar 2015, 21:30

I'm not annoyed at all. I have too many annoyances in my own life to let a fun subject like George Clooney get me mad.

You're not wrong.

You're also not right.

I think George genuinely feels that Amal is the right woman for him. I think he fell for her and is still infatuated. But I think there were other factors -- in addition to being smitten -- driving his decision to marry her so soon after they met. I say this because he has been a fairly deliberate person in most of his big life decisions and choices, and for him to act "out of character" (or what I think I know of his character) means that something else was going on. Not saying he wouldn't have married her if those whatevers weren't going on; just that he would have not been so (what seems) impetuous about it.

For the record, I'm not in the "they're a perfect match" club.

Having said that, I think he is very, very serious about being a good husband and staying married. It's the kind of guy he is -- now. I've said before that I think when he said he wouldn't marry again, he really meant that he would never go through another divorce.

As for whether Amal reciprocates his love and devotion, the jury is out for me. I think she thinks she does. I'm hopeful for his sake, but I have my doubts.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 30 Mar 2015, 22:30

Well that's a relief Way2.  So I'm not wrong and Im not right.  Ok.  I can live with that.  Now I feel better.  Seriously.

We can get back to disagreeing about these two.  Lovebirds.  Thought I'd just throw that in to get your feathers ruffled.  Wink
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 Mar 2015, 04:16

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Having said that, I think he is very, very serious about being a good husband and staying married. It's the kind of guy he is -- now. I've said before that I think when he said he wouldn't marry again, he really meant that he would never go through another divorce.
I totally, totally, totally agreed with you on that one. Until the blind item came out last week.

Yeah, I know it's by Enty who's about as reliable as a British train in a snowstorm, but still.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 31 Mar 2015, 15:49

The blind item about the weekend fling with the waitress? What happened to that thread? Haven't seen it since it was posted.

I don't believe it (coverage of them was pretty much non-stop over the summer, and they were summering in Como when it supposedly happened, the woman has no proof, which is why she couldn't make a payday out of it, and I don't think George would risk it anyway), but what if it were true? Would that mean he loves Amal less? Maybe she got cold feet for a while, and they were "on a break." Like Ross and Rachel. Only, unlike Rachel, Amal decided to stay with George, for numerous and various reasons.

Hey, it could have happened.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:37

Way2Old4Dis wrote:The blind item about the weekend fling with the waitress? What happened to that thread? Haven't seen it since it was posted.

I don't believe it (coverage of them was pretty much non-stop over the summer, and they were summering in Como when it supposedly happened, the woman has no proof, which is why she couldn't make a payday out of it, and I don't think George would risk it anyway), but what if it were true? Would that mean he loves Amal less? Maybe she got cold feet for a while, and they were "on a break." Like Ross and Rachel. Only, unlike Rachel, Amal decided to stay with George, for numerous and various reasons.

It's here, it was moved to the Girls section

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Apr 2015, 05:09

Way2Old4Dis wrote: but what if it were true? Would that mean he loves Amal less? Maybe she got cold feet for a while, and they were "on a break." Like Ross and Rachel. Only, unlike Rachel, Amal decided to stay with George, for numerous and various reasons.

Hmmm, yeah it could have happened. I know of lots of marriages that work out just fine after the man slept a with waitress just months before getting married. Oh no wait, sorry, I don't. Love7

But yeah, that was just a blind item and could well have been BS. My feeling is that team Clooney pay better than the tabloids.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Apr 2015, 13:03

I can't believe that any space has been given here to this ridiculous story.  There is no story.  There is absolutely no reason to believe this trash.  No need for a "team" Clooney.  In My Exasperated Personal Opinion.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 04 Apr 2015, 08:57

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I'm not annoyed at all. I have too many annoyances in my own life to let a fun subject like George Clooney get me mad.

You're not wrong.

You're also not right.

I think George genuinely feels that Amal is the right woman for him. I think he fell for her and is still infatuated. But I think there were other factors -- in addition to being smitten -- driving his decision to marry her so soon after they met. I say this because he has been a fairly deliberate person in most of his big life decisions and choices, and for him to act "out of character" (or what I think I know of his character) means that something else was going on. Not saying he wouldn't have married her if those whatevers weren't going on; just that he would have not been so (what seems) impetuous about it.

For the record, I'm not in the "they're a perfect match" club.

Having said that, I think he is very, very serious about being a good husband and staying married. It's the kind of guy he is -- now. I've said before that I think when he said he wouldn't marry again, he really meant that he would never go through another divorce.

As for whether Amal reciprocates his love and devotion, the jury is out for me. I think she thinks she does. I'm hopeful for his sake, but I have my doubts.

I agree with your analysis W2O4D.  

I also thought the poll was a good idea Fava. I voted, don't like her but can't  put the finger on why.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 04 Apr 2015, 17:29

I've said this before I know, but reaching ones fifty's
and being single and having had a marriage or relationships that weren't successful does 
focus the mind, mainly subconsciously.
It happened to me and has happened to a friend 
of mine.
The right one comes along and you just feel ready
to commit to them.

Looking on from a great distance of course, 
I think that's what has happened to George.
I don't think he rushed into marriage as they'd been 
together for a year. Neither of them are inexperienced teenagers and must have known what they wanted
from a real commitment.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 04 Apr 2015, 17:35

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Joanna wrote:Way2Old.....your last sentence about being "Devil's Advocate 

about it all !

Wouldn't that be a blast? Rattling the skeletons in the closets of saints?

Wonder if they have it in a jobs listing somewhere.

It would be even more fun if Tom Hanks was your PA !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum