George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!

+6
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
Silje
bgarabedian
LornaDoone
Nicky80
10 posters

Go down

Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  Empty Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!

Post by Nicky80 Fri 05 Dec 2014, 21:29

Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Karwai Tang/WireImage
We all know that Amal Clooney has amazing taste in clothing, but now the British lawyer is getting recognition for what's on her arm (no, we're not talking about hubby George Clooney).
Italian shoe and handbag line Ballin has named a particularly chic, tote-size style after Mrs. Clooney, simply calling it the "Amal." The bag comes in a rich brown and a tawny nude hue—the color that Amal has been seen out with—and retails for about $1,198.
Back in June, Amal toted the structured purse at the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict in London. She was also seen showcasing the bag (and her stunning emerald-cut engagement ring from George) while hitting the streets in her hometown.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]FameFlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
Amal was a household name even before her wedding in September—we took notice of her Jackie O-esque style choices, which included bright hues, structured shift dresses, trousers, slim-fit cigarette pants and plenty of chic ladylike blouses.
As far as handbags, Amal seems to prefer styles in the same size and color as the Ballin tote named in her honor. She frequently carries neutral purses that offset her more colorful ensembles and exceptional taste in shoes and statement jewelry. (No really, we still covet that citrine necklace.)
What do you think of the "Amal" bag?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  Empty Re: Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!

Post by LornaDoone Sat 06 Dec 2014, 03:58

If they named it after her they should pay her a commission every time they sell one.  Ooo, did I just say that?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!  Empty Re: Amal Clooney Gets a Designer Purse Named After Her—Get the Scoop!

Post by bgarabedian Sat 06 Dec 2014, 06:46

Who can afford this bag, not worth the $1,198 price. i would rather buy a bag on sale after Christmas and a much more beautiful bag. But her taste in clothes and accessories is great. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:09

1198$ for a bag, that is reasonable. I hope Gwyneth is going to recommened it soon.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 06 Dec 2014, 15:30

I have a green canvas messenger bag that's at least 12 years old, that I carry everywhere because it holds anything I need and invariably matches whatever I'm wearing... which happens to always be jeans and comfortable no-heel shoes. So who do I talk to about naming an old bag after me and getting in on this commission thing? Goodwill?

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 06 Dec 2014, 16:05

Way2Old - I think I've got you beat. I've got a tan leather shoulder bag I've had since high school (and don't ask how many centuries ago THAT was!) It's still in great shape and gets plenty of use even today - and, if I remember right it cost less than $20! I wouldn't pay $1,198 for a bag even if I had the money to waste. There are a lot of better things to spend money on.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 06 Dec 2014, 16:36

I know, right? I get $1200 to spend, and I buy a purse!? A. Purse. One. Come on. I'd kick my own ass for doing something like that.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 06 Dec 2014, 16:59

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I have a green canvas messenger bag that's at least 12 years old, that I carry everywhere because it holds anything I need and invariably matches whatever I'm wearing... which happens to always be jeans and comfortable no-heel shoes. So who do I talk to about naming an old bag after me and getting in on this commission thing? Goodwill?

The Way Old Bag!!!!   queen
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 06 Dec 2014, 17:07

There you go. Laughing  And you can get 120 of them for the price of one Amal.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 06 Dec 2014, 17:42

You could get 120 of a lot of things for the price of one Amal! Very Happy

(Sorry, guys, just couldn't resist.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Sat 06 Dec 2014, 20:04

Don't think so.  Can think of a lot of other ways to spend that $1198.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 06 Dec 2014, 21:51

Amal must make a significant income to be able to buy the clothes and assessories she has. Even before marrying George she spent hundreds and and more on just shoes and bags. On the Amal style blog they price out a number of the outfits and assessories she has worn in the past. Very expensive. I have never made that kind of a salary to afford designer clothes but if I did I would be tempted to spend that much money on a bag and shoes. It's all relative. And if you're really into fashion, which she obviously is.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 06 Dec 2014, 22:01

LizzyNY wrote:You could get 120 of a lot of things for the price of one Amal! Very Happy

(Sorry, guys, just couldn't resist.)

HaHaHaHaHa!!!

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by cyntia Sun 14 Dec 2014, 16:23

The scoop was posted first on Amal Clooney Style blog https://amalalamuddinstyle.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/update-id-amal-alamuddin-tan-bag-is-by-ballin/

cyntia
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 14 Dec 2014, 17:29

Yes Cynthia I've been to that site. It's really done well. You get a real sense of Amal's style. They have started adding more pics of George and Amal together.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down