George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney

+6
Sevens
Way2Old4Dis
bgarabedian
Donnamarie
Nicky80
LornaDoone
10 posters

Go down

Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney Empty Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney

Post by LornaDoone Wed 01 Oct 2014, 21:27

Amal stomped out cig habit after meeting George

Call it the Clooney effect.
New bride Amal Alamuddin‘s close friend, Jae Kim, told People that the famed lawyer, 36, quit smoking after meeting George Clooney, 53.
“Cold turkey!” exclaimed Kim, who witnessed the couple’s lavish wedding ceremony in Venice on Sept. 27.
Leaving the cigarettes behind isn’t the only thing Alamuddin changed about herself. She’s also become punctual.
“Ever since she met George, she has been on time,” quipped Kim.
Beyond the obvious changes, Kim says she’s watched her friend become increasingly happy since dating the Oscar winner.
“I have never seen her smile like that,” Kim said. “She has had that smile now for almost a year straight.”
Clooney and Alamuddin ended a weekend full of wedding activities on Monday with a 10-minute civil ceremony in a historic palace along the Grand Canal.
The entire four-day affair, which welcomed famous faces like Anna Wintour, Bono and Cindy Crawford, cost an estimated $13 Million.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 07:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:51

Smoking is a bad habit good she stoped....George is saving people again hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking After Meeting George Clooney

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Oct 2014, 23:04

Glad to hear she actually has flaws! Although she has corrected those vices. Glad to know she's not perfect.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Thu 02 Oct 2014, 09:39

yes, she does have flaws. george and everyone else thinks she is so perfect but she is human and I am sure she has many besides being late and her smoking. Now those are corrected they might be another flaw and I am sure we will hear about it. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 03 Oct 2014, 07:19

People who are chronically late are either passive-aggressive or think their time is more valuable than others', or both.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 03 Oct 2014, 07:41

For me it was the smoking and the part about being on time.

So…

She was a smoker. Did you know that Jacqueline Kennedy was a chain smoker? Closeted. Carolyn Bessette too. Carolyn used to bum cigarettes from passersby while and she and John Jr were arguing on the street.

You can kick ass on the international human rights legal circuit and be a smoker because no one’s papping outside the courthouse…unless you’re married to the Chairman of Hollywood. There’s the incentive to quit. Or do it in the bathroom blowing it into the vent. Or switch to e-cigs.

Now that’s the kind of biographical information I need more of. It’s delicious.

Same goes for the punctuality thing. So she’s one of those. Like Duana. She’ll be yelling at me about this for days, but Duana has her own Time. Don’t we all have friends on their own Time? Me, I’m one of the chronically early people. To the point that on the rare occasion that I get somewhere on time – not even late, but just on time – people start to worry. Duana and Amal? I guess you have to give them a window. Duana’s window is about 15 minutes. Am curious about Amal’s. Or if she’s really reformed. Like the smoking. You always relapse with the smoking. And you always relapse with the punctuality.

Amal Alamuddin 101. I’m enrolled. I want more! I need more!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:00

And her previous boyfriends, no news about the guys she has dated? How weird.  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 03 Oct 2014, 14:31

Who is Duana ? scratch
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 03 Oct 2014, 14:44

Atalante wrote:And her previous boyfriends, no news about the guys she has dated? How weird.  Laughing
A former classmate said she had a boyfriend when they were both at Oxford. Also a law student.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 03 Oct 2014, 18:40

That was SMART, to start smoking in the first place.(not).
Was even smarter to stop, because of love, to end such an addiction, it was worth the wedding hoopla just for that alone.

Why suddenly change the habit of  "not having a concept of time" and always being late.  George must be intimidating in some way, to change two addictive and frustrating habits, so quickly.

Funny, when first we met AA she was significantly more weight than now.
Amal is the only person I have knowledge of who LOSES WEIGHT AFTER GIVING UP SMOKING - MOST PUT IT ON. HOW DID SHE MANAGE THAT????

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:02

Most people who quit smoking and gain weight replace the oral component of the smoking fixation with eating. Amal obviously didn't do that; and she had the incentive of getting ready for a wedding to help. Maybe that's all it took to manage that.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:44

Alisonfan and Way2Old I thought that too. You stop smoking you gain weight. Now I remember when I fell in love I actually lost my appetite. Just couldn't eat I was sooo in love. But that passed. Seeing pics of Amal last summer before she met George she did look like she had more weight on her arms and her face looked a bit fuller.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Oct 2014, 20:03

Well I for one am glad George had a postive affect on her. Smoking is SO damaging to your body.

Good for her to do it cold turkey.

Now if I could just figure out how she lost all that weight so quickly. I just know Hollywood folks have a secret and they're not telling the rest of us.

And no, I don't believe it's all exercise. They've got some secret potion they're using! :-)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 03 Oct 2014, 20:19

... drugs ... Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Oct 2014, 22:07

So in addition to Amal being part of a criminal family now she is shooting up? Oh my. What has George gotten himself into?
Seriously, maybe Amal decided after quitting smoking to get healthy. Working out, eating a better diet. She was never even close to being overweight. She was slim to begin with. Looks like she just lost a few pounds and toned her body.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 04 Oct 2014, 01:39

I think it was a combination of nerves and stress over the wedding and all the public attention. Add in that she was very thin to start with and you get the size 0 we saw at the wedding. I hope now that she's put all that behind her she'll put on some weight. Right now she's built like a 12 year old boy with bumps on his chest!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 04 Oct 2014, 01:57

I think she looked more healthly and energetic last year...but now she looks more relaxed and happier as Mr.s Clooney!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down