George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel

+20
LizzyNY
annemarie
Nicky80
Jenn
Rach Clooney
hathaross
PigPen
The next mrs clooney
doris day
Doug Ross
silly willy
Katiedot
Sevens
globalchick
Missa
Alisonfan
party animal - not!
theminis
melbert
Picachu
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  Empty Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:49

im watching the live feed that is on Le Frenchies and it looks like they are putting up some sort of covering so when they leave the hotel to get in the boats we may not see much - have a look and see what you think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

it would be a shame if this was a full covering and we didnt see anything
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  Empty Re: Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel

Post by melbert Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:53

Are they going to cover up the boats too?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel  Empty Re: Live Feed from George Clooney's Wedding Hotel

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:54

would be a shame if they did but cant see anything happening to them, they are just lined up waiting
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:55

We've got two threads going on this Live Feed now as PA-N posted it at the same time.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:56

we must have posted at the same time
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:58

Translated tweet:

All waiting for bait Amal , and in the meantime the operation - darkening tunnel takes hold

So yep looks like they are trying to control the photos
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:59

Oops, sorry. There's going to be some sort of canopy isn't there? Gio is there - saw him a while ago

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:00

not surprised if there is money involved, just hope we get a glimpse of something and surprised this wasn't put up earlier - the privacy canopy

Last edited by Picachu on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:04; edited 1 time in total
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:01

earlier the camera moved because someone was opening there bedroom window, all shutters are down for privacy but funny how the slightest thing will get filmed

theres sound too which is pretty good
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:02

Course they are CONTROLLING THING,  those photos re bought and paid for.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:21

why does that covered walk way look so unsafe now
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:23

It does

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:27

I would think the first photos of her in the wedding dress are part of what was negotiated. I don't know how much else we'll see today of them.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:32

Agree Missa, thats why I think they gave the public/fans a taste of the event before it goes into lockdown - fair enough
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:35

Totally agree. There really was no way to get around on the boats in privacy without looking like jerks: holding up umbrellas or coverings, pushing the photographers out of the way. They took the opportunity to give everyone what they wanted, and the rest is for them.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:43

I'm sorry but by the time the media is camped outside your hotel running a LIVE FEED of your wedding you have entered Kim Kardashian territory. This reminds me of the reasons why Ben Affleck and JLO cancelled their wedding do you guys remember? They were discussing a decoy bride and then they called the whole thing off. There is no dignity in this hyped up overextravagant wedding I'm afraid. And blowing this much money on a 3 day extravaganza is just obscene. Especially for a couple of people who claim to be humanitarians? Weddings in palaces and hotel rooms that cost 3000 pounds a night. Many people in Italy are really hurting right now economically. I wonder what the Italians think of all of this. Plus it looks like George has taken over the whole of Venice. Glad I'm not a tourist there who booked my holiday a year in advance and experienced this media hell. Hope George enjoys all the coverage. He wanted it!!! I think it would have been better for his image to have married quietly on a private island. I think this is all going to backfire on him as it is too over the top. I can't imagine getting married in the circumstances they are, which is what he and Stan wanted. It's even more outlandish and saturated in media coverage than the royal wedding of William and Kate. It is equal to the Kardashian wedding a few months ago. The focus is not on the commitment they are making but on all the hooplah.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:45

Um why dont you think about all the money that George/Amal have just poured into Venice by holding their wedding there, or is that irrelevant.

Maybe it would be better for the fans who cant handle it, if he married on a private island, with no photos. Glad he hasnt though
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:54

Here is what the local think:
The wedding is already the talk of the town in Venice, a city used to famous visitors (Clooney is a regular at the annual film festival). "Ever since he admitted he would be marrying in Venice a few weeks ago, everyone wants to be in on it," says local Liliana Sermonetta. "Where are they staying, what are they eating, will they take a gondola ride? It'll be difficult for Clooney to outdo Salma Hayek and François-Henri Pinault's wedding. The whole of Hollywood moved here for three days!"
But potential gondola gridlock aside, Venetians are happy to host the famous couple. "We are glad that George chose our beautiful city to finally tie the knot," says waiter Giorgio Valli. "We wish him a long and happy marriage to his beautiful wife."
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 27 Sep 2014, 13:01

I really dont care about the royal wedding or Kardashian wedding coverage. Never clicked in any piece of them. All kinds of things are getting covered all over the world at every moment for whatever reasons. Why would it bother you? People would just follow the news that interests them. Fair enough. They're covering it because it's happening and worth attention. They'll try their best and I appreciate all the decent photos and videos.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 13:28

Has the live feed just gone belly up or is it only my PC, its constantly flashing messages about middle-eastern crisis

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 27 Sep 2014, 13:35

globalchick wrote:I'm sorry but by the time the media is camped outside your hotel running a LIVE FEED of your wedding you have entered Kim Kardashian territory. This reminds me of the reasons why Ben Affleck and JLO cancelled their wedding do you guys remember? They were discussing a decoy bride and then they called the whole thing off. There is no dignity in this hyped up overextravagant wedding I'm afraid. And blowing this much money on a 3 day extravaganza is just obscene. Especially for a couple of people who claim to be humanitarians? Weddings in palaces and hotel rooms that cost 3000 pounds a night. Many people in Italy are really hurting right now economically. I wonder what the Italians think of all of this. Plus it looks like George has taken over the whole of Venice. Glad I'm not a tourist there who booked my holiday a year in advance and experienced this media hell. Hope George enjoys all the coverage. He wanted it!!! I think it would have been better for his image to have married quietly on a private island. I think this is all going to backfire on him as it is too over the top. I can't imagine getting married in the circumstances they are, which is what he and Stan wanted. It's even more outlandish and saturated in media coverage than the royal wedding of William and Kate. It is equal to the Kardashian wedding a few months ago. The focus is not on the commitment they are making but on all the hooplah.

Totally agree, globalchick.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 13:43

It is rather grand isnt it, (pun not intended)

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 27 Sep 2014, 13:50

globalchick wrote: Weddings in palaces and hotel rooms that cost 3000 pounds a night. Many people in Italy are really hurting right now economically. I wonder what the Italians think of all of this.
I'd guess that the Italians are well aware that George is putting money into the Venetian economy and that even if he were getting married secretly in a yurt in Brangelina's back yard, his money wouldn't be going to them instead. They know he's rich and seeing as they practically invented the modern luxury industry (all those designer names in fashion and jewellery) they're familiar with the habits of high spenders.

globalchick wrote:Glad I'm not a tourist there who booked my holiday a year in advance and experienced this media hell.
Ooookay, let's ease up on the hyperbole a bit. Hell? George Clooney has booked rooms in two expensive hotels. Unless you were planning to book those rooms yourself or had some odd desire to stand outside those hotels staring at them, his wedding wouldn't have an impact on your holiday. Venice is crowded with tourists at the best of times. Canals and walkways can be closed down on occasion (last time I was in Venice, the ferry service decided to go on strike for 24-hours - now THAT was an inconvenience to everyone, tourist and local alike).

globalchick wrote:I think it would have been better for his image to have married quietly on a private island
Wholeheartedly agree with you there. Not sure why he wanted all this razzmatazz but there we go, he apparently wanted it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:20

live feed is back and all quiet for now
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:28

HA HA I have the feed running in the background and all of a sudden I hear this terrible racket coming from my computer and a speedy fire boat was going past.....Im expecting one of the big tourist boats to drive past the entrance of the Hotel just as Amal emerges.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:30

That's what I keep womdering, too. I can't believe he would want all of this hubub hoopla. It seems a bit immature (and I hope not to offend anyone here) for him, despite all the expensive dresses and suits, and I absolutely adore George. Perhaps this was Amal's dream...though I doubt that too because this is his stomping ground.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:31

She's not going anywhere, though, right? Aren't George and the boys going to the Amanda for the wedding? We may seem him and his parents and groomsmen, but I don't think we'll see her. At least until they move back to the Cipriani for the pool party.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:32

To the Aman* sorry phone is auto correcting
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:33

Think you are right Missa, they are not going across the road till tomorrow if Im remembering correctly.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:37

She's already at the Aman, right?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:39

Think she spent the night there.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:51

While a George was at the cipriani? 
This things about where did they stay isn't clear yet

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:55

It sounded like he stayed with his side at Cipriani, and Amal and her side stayed at Aman. I'm pretty sure they left from separate hotels for their parties last night; that's why they looked so pleased to see each other on the boats.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:58

would make sense, dont see the bride on the morning of the wedding
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Sat 27 Sep 2014, 14:59

what are they waiting? they will marry on monday morning

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:08

It makes sense, missa. Thank you

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:08

If George didn't want this type of wedding then he wouldn't be having one.  Obviously its the way both he and Amal want it.  He looks very happy in all pics and seems to be enjoying the moment.  I dont think George cares if people think its OTT.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:13

Missa wrote:I would think the first photos of her in the wedding dress are part of what was negotiated. I don't know how much else we'll see today of them.
If that be the case, there are going to be a lot of pissed off international reporters. 

If Vogue wants exclusive shots of Amal's dress for the magazine... does that mean publication via their website, or until the mag is hard copy published?

This has the potential of getting real ugly if Vogue is in control of photos.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:19

In the Uk there tends to be a 'thing' where you don't stay with the bride the night before and you only meet up at the church, registry office, whatever to be married.

We also don't tend to have 'rehearsal dinners'. A rehearsal with only the key people happens at the church a couple of days before, but I don't remember having to do that at the registry office,

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:23

We have that in the US too PA-N.  Like you become virgins again overnight????   Usually the "rehearsal dinner" is after the rehearsal and is paid for by the groom's family, as the bride's family pays for the wedding.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:27

People getting married here seem to footing the bill more and more themselves....probably just want to do it for themselves, but also save the parents expense.......

A few minutes ago:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:30

Thanks Pan, I had also put that on the Preparations for Wedding Thread.

My guess, sneaking into the boat as you exit the hotel on the left so as to avoid the paps - damn it to Betsy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:33

It's 10:30AM here in US... 4:30PM Venice. One earlier story had said 11AM ceremony...more recent one said 6PM   So who ever is slipping out the side door should be doing it in the next 60 minutes or so.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:35

Yup, I think we're about to get shut down. Does anyone know what time of month Vogue is usually published?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:46

but they will marry on monday mornin no?g

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:47

every newspaper here say monday morning not today

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:47

The civil ceremony to sign the documents Doris.  The lavish affair is happening this afternoon.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:49

The civil ceremony is Monday. That's when all the paperwork gr take signed and everything is legal. Today is the big to-do with vows and bridesmaids and a reception. Technically they aren't husband and wife until Monday afternoon.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:53

45 minutes right?
I´m getting soooooooooooooooo nervous
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 27 Sep 2014, 15:55

We should be seeing George head to the Aman soon.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next