George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Dlisted: I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair

+10
Cece42
bgarabedian
lionheart
Sevens
Silje
Nicky80
Atalante
Katiedot
melbert
LornaDoone
14 posters

Go down

Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair Empty Dlisted: I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair

Post by LornaDoone Fri 26 Sep 2014, 20:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

September 26, 2014 / Posted by: Michael K

In case you didn’t already know, George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are the anti-Brangelina and they’re not going to get married in a hush, hush at-home wedding featuring a coloring book dress and a busted, ugly wedding cake made by a child. (May a special place in Hell’s special place open up just for me for saying that, but that cake Pax made was a janky mess. Even Maddox knows this.) MuddiLooney is going to give us SPECTACLE! THEATER! DRAMA! FACE! OLD SCHOOL LIFE MAGAZINE GLAMOUR! Thank God George Clooney isn’t following that “secret wedding” trend and is whoring out his wedding to the masses.

As expected, George and Amal arrived in Venice today and you’d think that true royalty like Shauna Sand or Phoebe Price arrived. Because peasants lined the canal as Clooney and Amal waved from a boat while a photographer (from American Vogue, probably) and his best man Rande Gerber took pictures of them. Somebody really needs to blow the delusion dust out of Clooney’s head and tell him that the world already has a modern day JFK and Jackie O. Their names are Mama June and Sugar Bear and until break up for good, they are still the JFK and Jackie O of our time. So quick trying, MuddiLooney!

The Telegraph says that Clooney, Amal and many of their guests are staying at the Belmond Cipriani. The ceremony is supposed to go down at another fancy ass hotel, the Aman Canal Grande. The rumored guest list includes Rande Gerber (DUH), Cindy Crawford (DUH), Matt Damon (pictures of his ass below), Brangelina, Ellen Barkin, Cate Blanchett, Richard Kind, John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, Gabriel Byrne and Bono. Clooney’s friend, the former mayor of Rome Walter Veltroni, is going to officiate the ceremony. Clooney is going to wear a tux by Giorgio Armani and some say that Amal’s dress was made by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, but she’s also been photographed carrying a Stella McCartney garment bag in Milan.

The ceremony will happen tomorrow and a civil ceremony will happen on Monday. Parts of the Grand Canal will be shut down for the civil ceremony, because the citizens of Venice will all barf into the water together after living through a weekend full of stunts and shows.

This is really how it’s done. If you’re a huge star and you’re getting married, you should show everyone how much power you have by getting parts of the Venice canal shut down. If you can’t shut down a road or the canal by snapping your fingers, you aren’t a STAH. But really, at the end of the day, this is about Clooney and Amal uniting they’re love and I’m sure they’re going to last forever. Because a celebrity couple who marries in a gigantic wedding EXTRAVAGANZA, stays together forever. Ask Tommy Girl, Katie Holmes, Kim Kardashian, Elizabeth Hurley, etc…

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

More pictures at the link.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair Empty Re: Dlisted: I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair

Post by melbert Fri 26 Sep 2014, 20:11

MuddiLooney !  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Dlisted:  I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair Empty Re: Dlisted: I See That George Clooney's Wedding is Going to Be a Low Key Intimate Affair

Post by Katiedot Fri 26 Sep 2014, 20:13

Trying too hard to make that stick. We all already know it's Alamooney (cos it sounds just like alimony and what's not to like about that?)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 26 Sep 2014, 20:41

Laughing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 21:19

Love4
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 26 Sep 2014, 23:35

This is really how it’s done. If you’re a huge star and you’re getting married, you should show everyone how much power you have by getting parts of the Venice canal shut down. If you can’t shut down a road or the canal by snapping your fingers, you aren’t a STAH. But really, at the end of the day, this is about Clooney and Amal uniting they’re love and I’m sure they’re going to last forever. Because a celebrity couple who marries in a gigantic wedding EXTRAVAGANZA, stays together forever. Ask Tommy Girl, Katie Holmes, Kim Kardashian, Elizabeth Hurley, etc…

I like this part!  HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 27 Sep 2014, 00:27

Who is Tommy girl?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 27 Sep 2014, 04:04

Tom Cruise?

Anyway, my feelings exactly (from many years of attending friends' weddings). The bigger and more extravagant the wedding, the shakier the marriage. People who are truly in love don't need to dress it up and make a big deal out of it whereas those who think they're in love are more focued on the wedding than on the marriage that comes afterwards. Yes, it's not a hard and fast absolute rule, but I've seen enough statement weddings to feel a bit suspicious when I see everything snowballing to grand dimensions.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 27 Sep 2014, 05:38

Katiedot wrote:Tom Cruise?

Anyway, my feelings exactly (from many years of attending friends' weddings).  The bigger and more extravagant the wedding, the shakier the marriage.  People who are truly in love don't need to dress it up and make a big deal out of it whereas those who think they're in love are more focued on the wedding than on the marriage that comes afterwards.  Yes, it's not a hard and fast absolute rule, but I've seen enough statement weddings to feel a bit suspicious when I see everything snowballing to grand dimensions.  
I have different experience...there's no exact rules to this...a lot of couples just have a very bad marriage after a simple and low-profile wedding...the feelings fade away and arguments start...part of the reason is that how small our wedding was and we were not that seriously in love in this relationship from the beginning...your marriage is always the determining  factor not the wedding. One is the substance, the latter is just an external form. That's how Marxism taught us. Smile Every relationship is sort of material and the ultimate philosophy standpoint is "material determines counsciousness".
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 27 Sep 2014, 07:45

lol....Funny article. I feel like printing out the article so I could read it over and over again.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sat 27 Sep 2014, 07:54

It seems to me the bigger the wedding the happier the couple they want to spread there love around and show the world how happy they are. George has a big heart and he is spreading his love all around. best wishes to them and I love you george always, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 27 Sep 2014, 08:11

THE BIGGER THE WEDDING THE RICHER YOU ARE, IMO

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 27 Sep 2014, 09:13

Twisted Evil
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:19

Anyway, my feelings exactly (from many years of attending friends' weddings).  The bigger and more extravagant the wedding, the shakier the marriage.  People who are truly in love don't need to dress it up and make a big deal out of it whereas those who think they're in love are more focused on the wedding than on the marriage that comes afterwards.  Yes, it's not a hard and fast absolute rule, but I've seen enough statement weddings to feel a bit suspicious when I see everything snowballing to grand dimensions.  
I'm with Katiedot. George's wedding has descended into a ridiculous media spectacle. This was his intention of course - by announcing the location and leaking all the details of where and when it would take place, George tried to make his wedding the centre of worldwide media attention and create publicity for himself. Other Hollywood stars care more about the commitment they are making to each other and try and marry privately. All he cares about is the publicity and he is trying to make it akin to a royal wedding. Why? I will explore this elsewhere. His behaviour is completely out of character with how he's behaved for 14 years. Also if you look at the face of Matt Damon and his wife you can see disapproval at how this has turned into a PR spectacle of epic proportions. I'm sure Matt is privately horrified by all this. Who one earth would want a wedding with this kind of pressure? Only someone who wanted the publicity. Remember George could have had a private wedding like John F Kennedy Junior or many other stars. Instead he's courted publicity every step of the way. It's about to get worse as he has even sold the pictures and I heard he will be on the front cover of Vogue shortly with the photo spread. Just like Kim Kardashian. Not good. 

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:27

I have a feeling that there will be lots of attention paid to the pre wedding, cruises, hens/stags nights etc, then for the actual event where Amal will be wearing the wedding dress, it will go into lockdown so that they can achieve the highest amount of money possible. If money is for charity, Im not going to complain, he already gives a lot of personal wealth to good causes so may as well benefit from this situation.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:37

globalchick wrote:

Anyway, my feelings exactly (from many years of attending friends' weddings).  The bigger and more extravagant the wedding, the shakier the marriage.  People who are truly in love don't need to dress it up and make a big deal out of it whereas those who think they're in love are more focused on the wedding than on the marriage that comes afterwards.  Yes, it's not a hard and fast absolute rule, but I've seen enough statement weddings to feel a bit suspicious when I see everything snowballing to grand dimensions.  
I'm with Katiedot. George's wedding has descended into a ridiculous media spectacle. This was his intention of course - by announcing the location and leaking all the details of where and when it would take place, George tried to make his wedding the centre of worldwide media attention and create publicity for himself. Other Hollywood stars care more about the commitment they are making to each other and try and marry privately. All he cares about is the publicity and he is trying to make it akin to a royal wedding. Why? I will explore this elsewhere. His behaviour is completely out of character with how he's behaved for 14 years. Also if you look at the face of Matt Damon and his wife you can see disapproval at how this has turned into a PR spectacle of epic proportions. I'm sure Matt is privately horrified by all this. Who one earth would want a wedding with this kind of pressure? Only someone who wanted the publicity. Remember George could have had a private wedding like John F Kennedy Junior or many other stars. Instead he's courted publicity every step of the way. It's about to get worse as he has even sold the pictures and I heard he will be on the front cover of Vogue shortly with the photo spread. Just like Kim Kardashian. Not good. 

I honestly thought there was nothing in the Bryan Singer story. 
I felt GC may have felt it might reflect on him, being a long time bachelor and all, and might have found love by happenstance at just the right time.

BUT NOW WITH ALL THIS NON-GEORGE-LIKE-HOOPLA

It does look more and more like “Hay, look at me I’m straight, I’m straight AND I’m married”.
You can’t help but feel something is WAY OFF here.

I just posted Amal did not look too unhappy the date of her wedding got out, do you remember at the reg office she confided that was the “only thing that worried her”.

I hope for her sake, she was just feeding us garbage, and that was NOT her true feeling.
At this stage she is about to marry a man, with what looks like his own agenda.  Lets hope she is his equal in feeding the public garbage and hiding an agenda. Lying basically.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:27

You can not approval the way geroge is marrying but how can you say, from photos, that Matt and Lucy look dissapointed? Come on..

And why Amal should be worried? I'm sure that the wedding today will be very private, very low-key.
Now she's just enjoying her time with friends, family and his fiancée. What's wrong about that?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:31

Nothing wrong with it Doug, they are both looking very happy and pleased which is how it should be.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:38

I was talking to the ones who are saying that her and her mom are having a royalty behavior..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:48

I know Doug, just thought Id pop in my 2 cents - as for Royalty - well George is Hollywood Royalty after all
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 27 Sep 2014, 13:29

That's true lol!

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down