George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals

+8
Doug Ross
jd68
LizzyNY
PigPen
Missa
Joanna
Silje
Nicky80
12 posters

Go down

George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals Empty George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals

Post by Nicky80 Tue 02 Sep 2014, 21:24

George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals

All hands are on deck for George Clooney's upcoming wedding to Amal Alamuddin—especially the groom's!

E! News has learned that "George is helping to plan everything" and that the Oscar winner "has been very hands-on" throughout the process.

A source adds that "everyone has been so impressed with how involved he is with everything" leading up to his special day.

"He really is a fantastic man, and it's very obvious from his actions how much he loves Amal."
The insider further dished that the British attorney's family has already given her romance with the Hollywood heavyweight their stamp of approval, saying, "Her family loves him. He is so incredibly devoted to her and has made a huge effort with everyone in her life."

Our source has also been told that the future Mr. and Mrs. Clooney are bound to start a family in the near future, saying, "Everyone thinks she will get pregnant very soon."

And seeing as though the nuptials are due to take place sometime around the end of the month, only time will tell what's in store for these two!

But what we do know now is that Clooney and his fiancée's big day will consist of multiple parts, with an event in both London and Lake Como.

The actor's close pals Matt Damon and John Krasinski are at the top of the guest list; but undoubtedly more famous faces will attend the highly anticipated bash.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals Empty Re: George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals

Post by Silje Tue 02 Sep 2014, 21:29

I was just going to post this. Nothing new. They are just guessing like we are. 

George is a director and he likes control so of course he is directing the wedding.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals Empty Re: George Clooney "Has Been Very Hands-On" With Wedding Planning, Source Reveals

Post by Joanna Wed 03 Sep 2014, 00:09

That's a good point Silje and made me smile....
once a director always a director.

Only time will tell about the producer aspect 
to his life.    oopsie .....sorry.....bad grammar !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 03 Sep 2014, 00:55

Any article that includes "and here's all the movie stars who are attending!" automatically goes in the rubbish pile, IMO.  I'd be stunned if it wasn't just family and close friends for the ceremony and reception.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 03 Sep 2014, 14:20

I saw the broadcast last night.  Typically, E! is very careful what they say, esp regarding George.   Immediately after saying Our source has also been told that the future Mr. and Mrs. Clooney are bound to start a family in the near future, saying, "Everyone thinks she will get pregnant very soon."  the reporter said " if she isn't already."!!!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Sep 2014, 17:07

PigPen - Maybe they saw the Chi photos. Very Happy
I'm not surprised he's all over the wedding plans. I think it was in a Charlie Rose interview where he talked about how he enjoys hosting his friends when they come to Como, and how the host has to plan everything and make sure everything runs smoothly - no afternoon naps for him - he's busy planning the day for his guests.
Control freak or just a great host?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 03 Sep 2014, 17:11

Control freak, definitely.

I was just surprised E! made the comment.  Would be more along the lines of a comment Ted Casablancas would have made.  Watched the midnight telecast to see if it would be deleted, but it wasn't.  There would have been enough time from someone at Camp Clooney to scream.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Sep 2014, 17:21

Maybe they've got better things to do than respond and bring attention to it. Most people probably didn't even see it, or if they did they probably thought it was just what it was - a wisecrack based on nothing.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Wed 03 Sep 2014, 19:11

The tabloids are all speculating that she is pregnant. E! is just trying to report something interesting when there is nothing new. Even if she is  pregnant there will be no official word until she is far along - women typically don't publicly announce a pregnancy until the first trimester is over. Imagine the crap the tabloids would write if she had a miscarriage "George backs out of wedding after Amal miscarries" - yikes!

I've seen the Chi pics and in one of them the fabric lays in a way that she may have a tiny bulge but in the other one she doesn't. It could just be the angle. In recent pics nothing is showing.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Sep 2014, 20:43

jd68 - I know you were joking (I hope) but do you honestly think he'd back out if she had a miscarriage? What an awful thing to say - even in jest. It makes him sound a right bastard.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 03 Sep 2014, 21:04

That's what the journalists would write, if she had a miscarriage.
I think that jd68 meant that,

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Sep 2014, 21:25

Doug Ross - I know what jd68 meant - but the tabloids could only say that if he dumped Amal if she had a miscarriage before the wedding. That's the implication I find so offensive. It implies that he's only marrying her because she's pregnant ( which they are still denying) and that he's a callous bastard (which I totally don't believe). IMO, it's an ugly thing to say, joking or not.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 03 Sep 2014, 21:35

No, I don't think he would ever do that.  Work commitments maybe, miscarriage never.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 03 Sep 2014, 21:50

LizzyNY wrote:Doug Ross - I know what jd68 meant - but the tabloids could only say that if he dumped Amal if she had a miscarriage before the wedding. That's the implication I find so offensive. It implies that he's only marrying her because she's pregnant ( which they are still denying) and that he's a callous bastard (which I totally don't believe). IMO, it's an ugly thing to say, joking or not.

Lizzy dear....I'm Sorry but I think you may be over reacting a little.

jd68 only wrote....

"Imagine the crap the tabloids would write if she had a miscarriage "George backs out of wedding after Amal miscarries" - yikes!"

A lot of comments that have been written on on COH about Amal can be taken as ugly.
I think anyway....but as long as I didn't go along with them, then it's not my concern.
Hope you understand what I mean.  flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Sep 2014, 22:18

Jo - You're probably right about me over reacting - probably just a reflection of the mood I'm in today - but I can't help it. To even put out there the idea that he would do that is just awful to me, however it was meant. It makes him sound like such a louse.
I'm not angry with jd68 or trying to pick a fight. If that was the situation, I'm sure that's the headline the tabloids would run with. I just know it's something he would never do and the idea of it bothers me - maybe because a friend's daughter just had a miscarriage and I see her suffering. Thank heaven her husband is there for her.
Thanks for trying to straighten me out! Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 03 Sep 2014, 22:57

LizzyNY wrote:Doug Ross - I know what jd68 meant - but the tabloids could only say that if he dumped Amal if she had a miscarriage before the wedding. That's the implication I find so offensive. It implies that he's only marrying her because she's pregnant ( which they are still denying) and that he's a callous bastard (which I totally don't believe). IMO, it's an ugly thing to say, joking or not.

If she had a miscarriage, the first thing tabloid would say is that George is planning to leave her. They want to sell magazines so they would make up (?) any kind of story. 
They don't care about people involved's feelings...
I don't doubt that, in case of a miscarriage, they would give each other the force to "face off" (sorry, I can't find a better world) all the pain. I'M SURE HE WON'T LEAVE HER ALONE.

But I have to say, that some couple, in this situation, can't stay together, the try but they can't. They fall apart. 
And no because they don't love each other anymore, but cause the pain is too strong and they feel the need to stay away from the other. 
I'm not say this is  the case of George and Amal, it's just a general thought.
(I apologise if I sound a little confused, I try to do by best with my English)

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Sep 2014, 23:35

Doug Ross - I agree with everything you said. And your English is fine. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Sep 2014, 00:28

LizzyNY wrote:Jo - You're probably right about me over reacting - probably just a reflection of the mood I'm in today - but I can't help it. To even put out there the idea that he would do that is just awful to me, however it was meant. It makes him sound like such a louse.
I'm not angry with jd68 or trying to pick a fight. If that was the situation, I'm sure that's the headline the tabloids would run with. I just know it's something he would never do and the idea of it bothers me - maybe because a friend's daughter just had a miscarriage and I see her suffering. Thank heaven her husband is there for her.
Thanks for trying to straighten me out! Give Flowers

Oh Lizzy.....I get what you mean completely now.....it can colour other things unexpectedly when you go through that kind of experience, as an onlooker.....I know.
Things will look " straighter" for you after a good nights sleep Im sure.

We are what we are.....we are what we feel too at times.....I do know that.
It's called being a human being I believe. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Sep 2014, 02:07

Joanna - You're an angel! Thank you. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 04 Sep 2014, 02:09

I like ' hands on anything George ' he he heeeeeee .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 06:19

hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Sep 2014, 14:56

Oh Lizzy....stop embarrassing me now please !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Sep 2014, 15:46

Jo- Never be embarrassed by the truth! flower Your advice was spot on. A good night's sleep put everything (well, almost everything Smile ) into perspective. Why worry about something a tabloid MIGHT write IF something should happen. It isn't going to happen - and anyway, there are more important things to think about - like whether our invitations will come in time for us to make the wedding! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 04 Sep 2014, 21:02

Mine came.  The heck with the rest of you!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Sep 2014, 21:33

LizzyNY wrote:Jo- Never be embarrassed by the truth! flower Your advice was spot on. A good night's sleep put everything (well, almost everything Smile ) into perspective. Why worry about something a tabloid MIGHT write IF something should happen. It isn't going to happen - and anyway, there are more important things to think about - like whether our invitations will come in time for us to make the wedding! Very Happy

Pleased you're feeling better today.....sleep is a wonderful blessing !

Maybe there will be a block invite to all on COH ??? But with no clue as to the 
date & venue !!!   lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 05 Sep 2014, 00:28

Jo - That would be beyond cruel! "You are hereby invited to the wedding of George Timothy Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - IF you can figure out where and when it is!" Maybe they'd leave clues - like a scavenger hunt Smile  or a trail of crumbs from the wedding cake.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Fri 05 Sep 2014, 08:46

LizzyNY wrote:jd68 - I know you were joking (I hope) but do you honestly think he'd back out if she had a miscarriage? What an awful thing to say - even in jest. It makes him sound a right bastard.
The tabloids make up crap all the time (Jenn & Angie fighting at G&A's wedding). Of course I don't think he's do that but the bottom feeder journalists will report anything to sell a paper or get a page click online.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 05 Sep 2014, 13:19

jd68 - No hard feelings Smile  - I'm over it, and it really had nothing to do with you - You just struck a nerve on a bad day.

I know the tabloids will publish anything and everything they think will earn them another penny. That's why I can't wait for George to take them down a peg with "Hack Attack". I hope he guts them!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 05 Sep 2014, 15:41

LizzyNY wrote:Jo - That would be beyond cruel! "You are hereby invited to the wedding of George Timothy Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - IF you can figure out where and when it is!" Maybe they'd leave clues - like a scavenger hunt Smile  or a trail of crumbs from the wedding cake.

He could put that you tube as his latest prank.....hey, stop giving him 
ideas gal !!!

Bricks        lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 05 Sep 2014, 19:30

Jo - You started it !!!! lol!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 05 Sep 2014, 19:46

Oh yes.....so I did Lizzy....Bricks

Oh but really.....aren't we being a patient lot ????
.....but screaming with frustration inside to know !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 05 Sep 2014, 19:52

Being patient?    This run-away train has been on the fast track since April.

A great many weddings take the better part of a year, or more, to plan. You'd be in the looney bin, talking to the flowered wallpaper if they waited until Sept 2015.  Then again, there is a great deal to be said about waiting...wish they would.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 05 Sep 2014, 20:59

PigPen - Even if they waited I don't think the end result would be any different. They've gone too far to back out without looking like complete idiots. Sorry, sweetie, but I think it's happening sooner rather than later.

On that happy note, have a great weekend! Wheee!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 06 Sep 2014, 14:52

Lizzy, this is possibly true.  But their "out" would be we never confirmed Sept --you all did.  Which when you think about it, is true.    Anyway, we're all in a hurry up and wait pattern.  And I'm getting motion sickness from trying to read and type in a fast moving vehicle.  TaTa For Now!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sun 07 Sep 2014, 08:35

He seems to me someone who really loves what he is doing and directing his wedding & making sure everything runs smoothly is just his way. He is a wonderful man, kind and caring and anyone who is around him, will know. I wish him all the happiness and love for this wedding and him and Amal will be forever happy. I adore him and am a little sad but yet happy for him and wish him the very best. love you george, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 07 Sep 2014, 13:21

Bah humbug.  Now I've lost interest.  If there aren't going to be pictures to drool over then what's the point? 

Think I'll go to imdb.com and see what's going on with Pierce Brosnan!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down