George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is George more like his image than we thought?

+15
party animal - not!
Missa
theminis
Joanna
phys major
Silje
fava
Nicky80
Cece42
it's me
PigPen
Sevens
louisvillelaura
lelacorb
LizzyNY
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is George more like his image than we thought?

Post by Joanna Wed 16 Jul 2014, 15:48

Lizzy.....Your Coffee Needs You !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Is George more like his image than we thought? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is George more like his image than we thought?

Post by PigPen Wed 16 Jul 2014, 15:50

LizzyNY wrote:Jo - It isn't the personal aspect of the engagement that bothers me. If he loves her and she makes him happy, that's great. I'm just sensing that it's more than that - that marrying her is also his entree into circles he had only limited access to before - and that rather than being included because of circumstance, now the inclusion comes because he wants it - and she can help him get it.

Sorry, I know I'm rambling. Not really awake yet.
 10 out of 10  we're on the same page re: George,  and the coffee need!!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 Jul 2014, 16:18

Smile  Hate to say it, but I'm on my THIRD cup of coffee and I'm still just as confused as ever. coffee is not enough Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 16 Jul 2014, 20:21

Lizzy, his image is not one of a social climber, never has been, but who knows what he is like in reality. Times are changing.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 16 Jul 2014, 20:35

Lizzy - I'm just not sure what doors Amal could have the keys to that George couldn't just sail through on his own if the mood struck him.  He's had dinner at Warren Buffet's house, spoken at the UN, and is friends with the Leader of the Free World.  I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just really curious what you think Amal brings to the relationship in terms of access for him?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 16 Jul 2014, 20:44

Missa wrote:Lizzy - I'm just not sure what doors Amal could have the keys to that George couldn't just sail through on his own if the mood struck him.  He's had dinner at Warren Buffet's house, spoken at the UN, and is friends with the Leader of the Free World.  I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just really curious what you think Amal brings to the relationship in terms of access for him?
Totally agree.  If he wanted entre to those particular circles (and I have yet to see anyone articulate why he would), he could have easily accomplished it on his own. It's been said he met Amal at a party right? So he already had access to the contacts .

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 Jul 2014, 21:35

@Missa & Fava - I was thinking along the lines of her family's business and social connections - especially in the Middle East. Also, to a lesser extent perhaps, the international legal community and parts of European society who might not be so interested in associating with an American movie star - which, at the end of the day, is what George is. I'm not saying he couldn't make these contacts on his own, but being part of Amal's family would certainly make it easier.

@ Alisonfan - I never thought of him as a social climber either. I think maybe he wants to move into these circles more to further his humanitarian causes - that doesn't mean he won't enjoy himself at the same time.

I'm just musing here. I haven't got a clue what's going on in his head. Trying to figure it out the last couple of days has been my own little exercise in futility - Alice down the rabbit hole, if you will You're welcome to join me - just be aware there's no bottom to the pit of speculation! Very Happy   

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 16 Jul 2014, 22:01

LizzyNY, your musings would actually make more sense (to me, of course) if George had made a calculated move into this new circle for business reasons rather than humanitarian ones. He would, presumably, have better access to private investment money for his projects, which means he could negotiate a better take on the profits than he could if he were entirely beholden to whatever deal Sony cuts him in support of his movie -- and now television -- projects.

...And if he can make better business deals, he increases his own personal wealth, which he can funnel into his humanitarian efforts. So maybe I just went full circle, and we're saying the same thing.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 16 Jul 2014, 22:26

Way2Old - Anything's possible. Your take on it makes as much sense as anything I've thought of. Thinking about this has turned my brain to mush! Why the hell couldn't I be a fan of someone easy to figure out - like Charlie Sheen or Justin Beiber? (Ugh! to both of them, but you know what I mean.)

PS. How is your project going? Any good news?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 16 Jul 2014, 22:47

I didn't say I believe that, just that it makes more sense to me. :-) I ain't going anywhere near that rabbit hole.

Think of it this way. When George Timothy Clooney decides he's going to do something, he does it in a way that he thinks distinguishes him above all others. His homes, his movies, his humanitarian work... and now his marriage. In that light, I think Amal as a choice makes perfect sense. Not necessarily that he's correct or infallible in his choices; only that he sees his own actions that way. Most egotists do. (And that's not an insult. You have to be pretty damn confident to believe that millions of people will invest in you, follow you, listen to you, and pay to see you pretty much any time you ask them to.)

Piece of advice, though. When you find yourself in any kind of hole, but especially one of the rabbit variety, stop digging. :-)

I'll PM you about the project.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 17 Jul 2014, 11:13

Interesting…

pour moi… I don´t have an image of him now that he is getting married…it just ruins the whole image. Bof!
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2