George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is this a marriage of convenience for his image????

+25
premiere
fava
Silje
party animal - not!
blubelle
lionheart
phys major
annemarie
Alisonfan
Nicky80
bgarabedian
The next mrs clooney
lelacorb
Lighterside
Atalante
theminis
it's me
Mazy
pandabear
Joanna
LornaDoone
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
Missa
PigPen
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a marriage of convenience for his image????

Post by lionheart Fri 04 Jul 2014, 16:02

I didnt mean the content of the joke. It just how they used him to get a quick laugh. It's not the first time and they werent the only ones. It gets tiring. 

Yes agreed about Amal came along at the right time. Fate....... Very Happy

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a marriage of convenience for his image????

Post by blubelle Fri 04 Jul 2014, 17:21

He was taking a hit about his pattern of dating (2 years and gone) even here.  Just hope this is happening for more than an image change.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Jul 2014, 20:35

I don't think it's for an image change. I think the joke made him look at himself and he decided it was time to grow up.As I said before, Amal came along at just the right time.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 04 Jul 2014, 22:26

I do not understand, everyone here is a fan of George but they consider it a jerk! Change image for a woman? he is 53 years old, and 'a mature man will' his choices that can please or not to us but the jerk ever!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Jul 2014, 23:16

Lela - I don't think anyone is saying George is a jerk, or that he is changing his image for Amal. I think we're wondering if he decided to change his image because people were making jokes about his love life. Maybe Amal came along at the time he decided to change and she got lucky.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 05 Jul 2014, 00:58

Thank you Lizzy - you said it a lot better than I did.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:29

Personally I don't think the joke had anything to do with his decision.  He's been the butt of these types of jokes for years and its never made him change his behaviour.  To me its probably as simple as meeting the right person for him.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:37

Exactly tnmc.....shame it wasn't you with all your contacts on here to share your life with !

It happens lol! 
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Jul 2014, 21:27

beware
I am NOT trying to say he need to do a coming out
I only read those words
that I find interesting to better know the "image" issue

Ellen Page coming out

Io sono qui, un'attrice, in rappresentanza  di un'industria che impone degli standard oppressivi su tutti noi.... Standard di bellezza, di benessere, di successo. Standard che, mi duole ammetterlo, mi hanno ferito... ti dicono come devi comportarti, come devi vestirti, chi devi essere. Ho cercato di resistere, di mantenermi autentica, di seguire il mio cuore; ma può essere davvero dura".

Here I am, an actress, representing an industry that requires oppressive standards on all of us .... Standards of beauty, well-being and success. Standard which, I regret to admit it, they hurt ... they say how you behave, how you dress, who you have to be. I tried to resist, to stay real, to follow my heart; but it can be really tough. "
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 22:23

I believe this is tough and not everybody can stay real. George knows lot of Hollywood people high up the industry. I'm sure there were times he felt the same. Image is everything in Hollywood.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 08 Jul 2014, 15:35

I see early photos of them and see an attraction. Or her in NY with the fun pants etc. she looks happy even though surprised with the paps outside the hotel.  But not the engagement shots.. cold, staged.  She--blow out hair, make-up, styled, cell phone and coffee in hand. blah blah blah. Him- tired, aggravated.  I don't know what to think any more.  I don't think the paps are playing that big a role.  There aren't that many photos of them.  They've been careful.  Something is certainly afoot...  oh yeah, the coffee..  she's a big time barrister in London, wearing a 7 carat ring, estimated worth $750,000 from an international movie star, and I'm supposed to believe she stands in line at Starbucks like the rest of the human race waiting for a large -sized bold coffee ??  Yeah right.... Juggling  Oi, you!   Razz - oops!  Lying  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 08 Jul 2014, 17:00

I think it simply love no bigger schemes at all. She is different than the  others and we don't see them that often. I think they both like having their relationship as much as possible private.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 08 Jul 2014, 17:08

Pigpen, she does actually (stand in line for a coffee)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 08 Jul 2014, 17:39

party animal - not! wrote:Pigpen, she does actually (stand in line for a coffee)

......And why wouldn't she ? Which country are you in PigPen ?
The Brits invented queuing during WW2 !!

It's only the Queen who'd get away with jumping a queue in London.   lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Is this a marriage of convenience for his image???? - Page 2 Empty remove

Post by PigPen Tue 08 Jul 2014, 17:50

Concentrating

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 08 Jul 2014, 20:59

party animal - not! wrote:Pigpen, she does actually (stand in line for a coffee)

How do you know? are you a Barista to the Barristers.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 08 Jul 2014, 21:34

Oh look, alliteration.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sun 27 Jul 2014, 08:58

I feel George is marrying for the simple reason, love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage. If he did not love this Amal there would not be an engagement ring, or a marriage. I do believe he wants this to work and they both have obstacles to overcome, but if you truly love someone, love conquers all. love u george, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 02 Aug 2014, 01:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This article is about  Leonardo Dicaprio but it also have an interesting take on why George decided to get married and talks about how George reads and watches everything. 

I know it doesn't belong on the sexy thread but I didn't know where else to put it. We don't have an anti-sexy thread for poor Leo.  Smile

-----------------------------------------------------

Part of the article about George:

Fey wasn't the only celebrity to have a dig. In an interview with Esquire Magazine last November, George Clooney, who was at the time a bachelor himself, derided DiCaprio and his friends for their lack of basketball skills, among other pursuits. "The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what's what," Clooney told the magazine. "I'm not sure if Leo has someone like that."

None of us is sure, George. 

But Clooney's comments, and his recent engagement to Amal Alamuddin came at an interesting time. It’s a little-known fact Clooney reads and watches everything in order to keep his level of celebrity at the right temperature. Could it be then, that Clooney took a look at Leo one morning and had a George Costanza moment?

Was Leonardo DiCaprio making bachelorhood appear so trashy it forced Clooney look at himself and effectively shocked him into marriage?

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 02 Aug 2014, 10:19; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Nicky80: added text)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 02 Aug 2014, 08:19

It’s a little-known fact Clooney reads and watches everything in order to keep his level of celebrity at the right temperature.

interesting
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 02 Aug 2014, 10:21

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 02 Aug 2014, 10:30

I'm not sure he reads and watches everything, how does he have the time?  His PR team gets paid to track his anything related to him and how it will affect his image, but to be honest I dont think George really cares too much about all the crap that gets posted about him.  If he did he would have gotten married years ago.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 02 Aug 2014, 11:54

Marriage of convenience to his image? I hope not! I hope it's for love and only love, but honestly I do not see Amal "the one" but one of many!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 02 Aug 2014, 13:00

Nope, George found someone he loves and wants to marry. His image is fine George is George he will not change. It took him a while but I think age and maturity helped him to realize he wanted to settle down and of course Amal being the right one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 02 Aug 2014, 13:37

Well the article about Leo is taking George 's comment out of context--George was talking about his friends and how they ground him, not the need for a woman in his life .

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Aug 2014, 15:47

I'm beginning to think that while we were looking in all the wrong places George grew up behiind our backs. We just didn't notice it until recently.
He is, after all, a 53 year old man with a secure, successful career. His "brand" is well established but evolving - as he himself has often said it must. He can't be the hottest new star on the block forever.
I think he's been dropping hints for a long time that he's making changes. We just didn't want to see them. Is Amal the "love of his life"? I doubt it. But she is the love at the right moment. Right place, right time. Lucky girl.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 02 Aug 2014, 15:51

Last two lines..Rather sad in a way.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:00

and who decides the right moment?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:00

he does.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:05

"Lucky girl." Not sure she's so lucky, although right now she thinks so. I think her life will be interesting, to say the least.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:06

LizzyNY wrote:I'm beginning to think that while we were looking in all the wrong places George grew up behiind our backs. We just didn't notice it until recently.
He is, after all, a 53 year old man with a secure, successful career. His "brand" is well established but evolving - as he himself has often said it must. He can't be the hottest new star on the block forever.
I think he's been dropping hints for a long time that he's making changes. We just didn't want to see them. Is Amal the "love of his life"? I doubt it. But she is the love at the right moment. Right place, right time. Lucky girl.

Not sure I believe in the "love of your life" or "soul mate" concept.  Aren't most relationships partly about timing? I love my husband dearly, but he might not have been the "one" if I had met him when I was 21 not 31.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:35

Fava - That's exactly my point. If they had met five years ago she might have been just another notch on his bedpost!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 02 Aug 2014, 17:08

Ha ha haaaaa. ' notch on his bedpost '.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 02 Aug 2014, 17:20

Off the topic...you know Leo is doubtlessly the No.1 Hollywood super superstar in China as almost everyone has seen Titanic.
And his fatty shirtless pics have been virus online... tons of creative photoshopped pics or gifs...funny enough to get me laughing like crazy all day!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 02:13

As far as this being a "MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE TO HELP HIS IMAGE"  I don't see how she helps.  Why, because she is supposedly a human rights attorney, not if people find out who her clients are, they might take it out on him. IMO she comes across as arrogant and maybe a tad spoiled.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 03 Aug 2014, 10:57

@Fava, totally agree timing is everything - call it fate. If I had met my husband when he was 21 as opposed to when he had turned 31, I honestly don't think it would have worked. No way was he ready for me at 21 lol
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 03 Aug 2014, 11:07

WOW, so you ladies get married really late...I'm 22 now and many of my (or former) classmates have been married already. Guess they met their the one at the age under 20.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:43

Sevens wrote:WOW, so you ladies get married really late...I'm 22 now and many of my (or former) classmates have been married already. Guess they met their the one at the age under 20.

I was very late by your standards then!  Married when I was 34 and had first daughter at 35.  My husband is 8 years older so he was even later.  Some of it may be cultural/location.  Lots of my midwestern high school friends married much earlier than me.  I know I was the only very pregnant one at the 20 year high school reunion.  Lots of them had their own kids in high school --or were on 2nd and 3rd marriages.  Knowing what the research says these days about brain maturation not being complete until mid twenties,  don't worry about being "late" Sevens.  You will probably be more long term compatible.

Last edited by fava on Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:51

It's different in different parts of the world. Across much of Asia, you're an unwanted spinster if you're unmarried by mid-20s. In western Europe, the average age for a first marriage is 28 for women.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2