George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy!

+20
LizzyNY
Missa
phys major
mel01
LornaDoone
Picachu
Jenn
Boshkash
PigPen
Lighterside
it's me
LJN2606
Alisonfan
annemarie
Joanna
Cece42
Nicky80
party animal - not!
Sevens
melbert
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy!

Post by Cece42 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 17:36

As far as her sticking her tongue out at the camera, I don't think it shows her fun side.  She is a grown woman, I find it immature and no class.  MO

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy! - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy!

Post by Alisonfan Fri 04 Jul 2014, 18:14

The pictures on the fan girl site above, have many images of G's family.  I will try to copy.  As they are more encompassing. You were right, above someone said everyone was not giddy, I had only looked at images of G (very serious) Amal and Karen, who was smiling so on reflection just Amal, giddy.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 04 Jul 2014, 18:19

She looks like she was licking her lips not sticking out her tongue. They may have all been tired at least Amal looks happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 19:11

I think the reason why many of them looked serious when they came out of the restaurant is the paparazzi at the front. When you see the pic below (from the fan girl site) you can see Gio pushing back the paparazzi and Nina and Ben's wife looking concerned. There must have been a lot of them there and for some people that can be scary. And why should they all smile when they come out. That is a message for the paparazzi telling them "I like it that you are here..." I don't think George and his family want to give that message to the paparazzi. so they look the way I would look when I come out of a restaurant with a million paparazzi at front "serious scared" LOL 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Jul 2014, 20:01

a million?

better search a really large place

a square maybe
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Jul 2014, 21:06

I think I read that there were representatives of both religions at the LA ceremony.

And that restaurant has a very narrow doorway, is in a paved area of Como - pretty amazing that they drove down there - and they would have been surrounded by photographers. Not surprised that Nina and Mel are holding hands!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 04 Jul 2014, 21:19

annemarie wrote:Is Ben's wifes name Mei Or Lelani? I thought her name was Lelani and wasn't Ben married before and has a grown son.
 Lelani was Miguel Ferrer's first wife's name; I believe he's since divorced and remarried.  And I don't think Ben has a grown child; I recall George mentioning Ben in an interview a few years ago, referring to the two of them being the only two in their group of friends who didn't have kids.  I don't know if he's since had children with Mei.

I don't get the focus on George and Amal not holding hands on the way out.  By that definition, Nick and Nina's marriage is in crisis; not only are they not holding hands, they're several feet away from each other and Nick has his hands on another woman's shoulders!  Looks to me like a group of people straggling out to their cars as they say wrap up and say good night to their hosts.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 04 Jul 2014, 21:25

and also probably struggling for privacy because theres a bunch of paps taking pictures and getting in their way.

i think there should be a resctriction in the distance these paps get to be around people, to be surrounded like that must be frightnening for anyone no matter how long you have bene in the business, just too close
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Jul 2014, 22:13

Yep, which is exactly why the Laglio Mayor has created a 100 metre zone for paps around his house - not unreasonable given how narrow the road is - but His Nibs has got a lot of stick from people in the gossip mags 'who does he think he is?' etc

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 04 Jul 2014, 22:31

Yes George gets blamed when it is for his safety as well as other people passing near his house.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 04 Jul 2014, 22:37

Stuff the gossip mags I say. What do THEY know
about ANYTHING ?
Zilch !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 04 Jul 2014, 23:16

If you enlarge the photo above from the Fan-Girl link of Nina Clooney getting into the car, and look to the left of it where Gio is near the car, you can see he's actually putting his hand over a camera lens.

Really shows how intrusive they get..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 04 Jul 2014, 23:21

Am I wrong in thinking that George did not REQUEST the new laws in Laglio, but they were instigated by the mayor?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 04 Jul 2014, 23:37

Yes I believe it was the Mayor who added the new laws not  George. Each year it gets crazier near his house and they have been implementing laws for the last couple of years.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Jul 2014, 01:45

So what do you think they ate?

Hmm?

Pasta?

Anyone know what kind of food the restaurant serves?

I'm drinking shakes over here - need some solid food info! 

Ok, just kidding.

But seriously, think they make nice juicy steaks? 

Seafood?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Jul 2014, 01:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Re: George Clooney & Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Make It a Family Night in Italy!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by Nicky80 Yesterday at 10:06 am

Here a bit ore about the location from people

Her mother Baria visited a few weeks ago.Now, it's his parents' turn. 

George Clooney and his fiancée Amal Alamuddin had dinner Wednesday with the actor's mother and father, Nick and Nina, at a restaurant in Lake Como, Italy, not far from his villa – at a place the Oscar winner actually hadn't tried before. 

The restaurant, La Colombetta, is located on the site of an old church dating from the 1300s. Run by three sisters since 1990, it has five small separate dining areas that offer guests a lot of privacy. 

The menu is traditional: fish prepared the Sardinian way. (The three sisters, Mariana, Silvana and Lina Peddoni, are Sardinian.) 
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Jul 2014, 01:53

Ah thanks Mel.

Looks like a lovely, intimate place.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 05 Jul 2014, 05:32

Yes sounds delicious . Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:39

party animal - not! wrote:If you enlarge the photo above from the Fan-Girl link of Nina Clooney getting into the car, and look to the left of it where Gio is near the car, you can see he's actually putting his hand over a camera lens.

Really shows how intrusive they get..........

And really shows what a Great Guy our Gio is too.

Yahooooo 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 05 Jul 2014, 11:49

Some new pix: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 13:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nicky80: added pictures)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:08

A good find sevens. A better selection of pictures there.

George looks a little apprehensive. I'd imagine
concerning his guests being bombarded by flash lights.
After all, he and Amal are used to it but his Mom and
Bens wife aren't !
I hope they can laugh it all off easily.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 05 Jul 2014, 13:10

Not being catty, but she looks even thinner than before. At this rate she'll be invisible by the time they get married. She needs to EAT!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 13:36

I guess that's why they went for dinner to EAT  Razz  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 05 Jul 2014, 13:45

I feel like the press are a double edged sword we fans need them for pictures. Yet they act so intrusive they make it difficult to get any. So we don't get as many as we used to. Well dinners will have to do I suppose something is better than nothing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 05 Jul 2014, 13:46

Nicky - I'm thinking instead of gourmet restaurants where they serve beautiful, healthy food they should hit Burger King or IHOP a couple of times. That'll fatten her up pdq. Laughing 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 05 Jul 2014, 13:57

You know, I was just thinking how elegant she looks. And how I wouldn't mind looking like that - and apparently so effortlessly. Tricky when you're 5 feet and half an inch tho! I'd just look like two sacks of potatoes in that...............

Love her choice of jewellery - that necklace at D'Este is to die for

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 05 Jul 2014, 14:50

I don't think she is that tall she does look nice here. And black is supposed to make you appear thinner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 05 Jul 2014, 15:06

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 05 Jul 2014, 15:20

Is the little boy behind them (shaking hands with owner?/host?) Karen Duffy's son? Cute.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Jul 2014, 15:23

Yes it is.  Jack is the other love of her life.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jul 2014, 18:19

annemarie wrote:I feel like the press are a double edged sword we fans need them for pictures. Yet they act so intrusive they make it difficult to get any. So we don't get as many as we used to. Well dinners will have to do I suppose something is better than nothing.

Let's count our Blessings about candid pictures.

I know a fan forum for a Big Big A lister where the web mistress doesn't allow
them at all.
It's very strictly controlled and very sycophantic.
No gossip, no gossip mags, no rumours, which can be quite refreshing really !

No paps pictures, no family information unless it's Nice, no downloading of
photos from the fan site.
But it's very informative professionally about.......Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 18:59

No gossip, no rumors, no paps pictures.........Sounds boring to me  tongue Glad this forum is different.  cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 05 Jul 2014, 19:38

Did I miss something?
Usually don't we get a 7/4 fest? Did I miss a thread?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Jul 2014, 21:05

Nope, they're in hiding again!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jul 2014, 22:24

Ooooooo......hope there's no food poisoning again !

Vomit 1 Mopping up the mess 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 05 Jul 2014, 23:04

Cece42 wrote:As far as her sticking her tongue out at the camera, I don't think it shows her fun side.  She is a grown woman, I find it immature and no class.  MO

George once flashed his ass at the paparazzi from a yacht, so I guess immature birds of a feather flock together.  Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 05 Jul 2014, 23:06

Jo - That's mean! She needs to keep down every bite she takes. Very Happy  And poor Nick and Nina! - I've been there, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - It's the only time in my life I truly wished I was dead!  Vomit 1 Gone to heaven 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Jul 2014, 23:11

LizzyNY wrote: Jo - That's mean! She needs to keep down every bite she takes. Very Happy  And poor Nick and Nina! - I've been there, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - It's the only time in my life I truly wished I was dead!   Vomit 1 Gone to heaven 

I can well imagine.
Just remembering a previous year....I didn't wish it on them ! Lol

OH......where has that fly got to ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 10:57

Here few more details about the visit.

Google translation

Como, July 4, 2014 - Dinner in premarital Walled City to George Clooney, who was introduced to "The Colombetta» Via Diaz in the company of parents, Amal Alamuddin girlfriend and her parents. Twelve people around who have been given a secluded room in the loft of the restaurant, famous for its cuisine based on fish and typical Sardinian cuisine. "We got a call late afternoon asking a quiet room for some important guests who were staying at the Villa d'Este - explain to the restaurant -. Our surprise was huge when the door is joined George Clooney with his parents and his girlfriend. "Elegant Hollywood star with a dark suit, while Amal taller than him because of the heels she wore a gown. "At that time there were guests in the restaurant Australians and some Italian customer - continue their story from" The Colombetta "-. We accompanied George Clooney and his guests in the loft that we had put at their disposal. "

Entourage actor has given strict orders to keep away the fans and not to take pictures, not to disturb dinner. To George that yesterday was an important event; to be discussed with the parents and future in-laws were the details of the wedding with Amal, which, according to friends of the couple interviewed by gossip magazines, it would be pregnant. Still top secret location of the wedding of the year that should be celebrated in September. Be ruled out, according to well informed, Lake Como where George Clooney likes to spend the holidays but it would hardly be defensible from the onslaught of paparazzi. Of course George and Amal are still looking around to choose the place of their fairytale wedding. A couple of weeks ago they were spotted holding hands walking in the park of Villa d'Este, a place much loved by Clooney and ideal location, along the lagoon of Venice, to ensure that Italy would result in the greatest names of the jet set internationally. 

To look for the right inspiration Amal George and the other night they decided to take a class dinner in the company of their parents. "They are a beautiful couple and although they have half the world's eyes on him at the bottom are simple people - and conclude at the restaurant of the city center -. Clooney came to greet us, thanked us and promised to return soon. We wait for him with open arms. "Before the wedding and even after, in version dad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 06 Jul 2014, 11:28

If anybody's interested in looking inside you'll find it on this website - as well as many other  beautiful 360 degreee panoramic views from around the world:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 18:19

@ Missa- To be perfectly honest, as far as George mooning the paps, I would rather look at George's ASS (OH YEA) than her tongue!!!!!! MO

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 19:00

LOL!  Me too
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 06 Jul 2014, 19:38

But not in front of his Mom aye ??

lol! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 06 Jul 2014, 21:03

I'm gonna miss Fun George.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 06 Jul 2014, 23:06

Cece42 wrote:@ Missa- To be perfectly honest, as far as George mooning the paps, I would rather look at George's ASS (OH YEA) than her tongue!!!!!! MO
Let's be honest there is no way a female barrister is going to deliberately stick her tongue out at the paps. She is smart enough to know how it will look and sound in the rags. Its also her image as a professional business woman at stake. You don't get as far as she has by being empty headed. Again I had to defend her. W2O know what you mean, I already miss him, love you GTC. I hope the wedding doesn't effect him career wise, whatever path he is going to take next.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 07 Jul 2014, 00:18

Why would she stick her tongue  out that makes no sense. The pap caught her licking her lips something we all do.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Mon 07 Jul 2014, 00:38

Mazy wrote:
Cece42 wrote:@ Missa- To be perfectly honest, as far as George mooning the paps, I would rather look at George's ASS (OH YEA) than her tongue!!!!!! MO
Let's be honest there is no way a female barrister is going to deliberately stick her tongue out at the paps. She is smart enough to know how it will look and sound in the rags. Its also her image as a professional business woman at stake. You don't get as far as she has by being empty headed. Again I had to defend her. W2O know what you mean, I already miss him, love you GTC. I hope the wedding doesn't effect him career wise, whatever path he is going to take next.

I heard someone use the expression book smart, says it all.  I am sure she stuck her tongue out, licking your lips it curls up or down, this sticks straight out for sometime , George has time to lean in and out in the embrace with restaurant owner, and it's still pertruding.  This shows such naive disrespect for George and all the years of goodwill he has built by having an exemplary record of good manners, it's part of who he is, what we love and a credit to his family.  This above all even the "human rights" mythology makes me the saddest.   Poor George, he deserves better.  Wait most your life to fall deeply in love, and you end up with this!

affraid

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 07 Jul 2014, 00:55

Nah, licking lips.

Sticking tongue.

Licking lips.

If this keeps up we'll soon have to start a poll.

Noooooo I'm only kidding don't take me up on this and Nicky or theminis don't you dare!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 07 Jul 2014, 01:08

Sticking her tongue out or licking her lips - who cares? He's probably been teaching her how to behave when the paps are around, so if it bothers him I'm sure he'll let her know. He does have a temper and he's been with her long enough not to be walking on eggshells.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 07 Jul 2014, 01:15

Besides if you're going to stick your tongue out THIS is the way to do it! 

Yea, I'm getting off topic sort of!

Last edited by LornaDoone on Mon 07 Jul 2014, 01:25; edited 1 time in total
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next