George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious

+7
LizzyNY
hathaross
Joanna
lelacorb
PigPen
Picachu
Nicky80
11 posters

Go down

Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious Empty Re: Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious

Post by Nicky80 Mon 23 Jun 2014, 09:29

Found on frenchies

Google translation

Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious

Laglio - A car with tinted windows that are quickly Monday morning at Villa Oleander revenue had actually aboard George Clooney with a large following of friends, but it seems with the absence, at least for the moment, the new flame Amal Alamuddin, waiting for the next few weeks.

The confirmation of the arrival of the landlord, as well as the opening of windows, from music and bell ringing at noon to announce that dinner is served, is coming from the promulgation by the mayor Roberto Pozzi two ordinances regarding safeguards for privacy, but also with reference to public safety.

It happens that high-powered motorboats have to whiz quickly a few meters from the shore and then slow down at dell'Oleandra and resume immediately after the race.

"It was an episode that has given much to think about - said the mayor - as one of these boats the other day scooted in front of the beach and a few centimeters of Tenciùu not swept a kid who was taking a bath. Hence the adoption of the prohibition on approaching the coast and the next installation of floating sla to delimit the swimming zone. "

The first order of publication from June 21, states that in front of the villas and Margaret Oleander vessels will have to be at a distance of 100 meters from the coast and in the area of ​​the beach to at least 50 meters. It will also be banned the stationing of more vessels in the vicinity of the villas. Are exempt from these requirements the citizens of Laglio and craft of rowing clubs.

The second ordinance concerns the prohibition of gatherings near the gates of the mansion Mites, including the parking lot before the provincial 71 and the stretch of Queen Street from the pier in Laglio to Villa Margherita.

The bans take effect until September 30, and will be worth the day and night. The municipal ordinance did not, however value for citizens residing or domiciled in the country.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious Empty Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious

Post by Picachu Mon 23 Jun 2014, 09:53

they had to do this didnt they, it was getting to much and just no privacy for them and also a hassle for local residents, ok maybe we wont get a s many pictures but safety does come first, these paparazzi people are a liability
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious Empty Temp thread do not post

Post by PigPen Wed 25 Jun 2014, 18:36

PigPen wrote:George Clooney Has Been Granted Two New Protection Laws in Lake Como, Italy, Ahead of His Fall Marriage to Amal Alamuddin

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Hope I did this right
There is another similar article on the Telegraph, pretty much the same info.

George Clooney Has Been Granted Two New Protection Laws in Lake Como, Italy, Ahead of His Fall Marriage to Amal Alamuddin

's good to have friends in high places! George Clooney has been granted two new protection laws in Lake Como, Italy, preventing fans and paparazzi from getting close to his residence ahead of his planned wedding to Amal Alamuddin.

Sources confirm to Us Weekly that the Monuments Men actor's friends at Laglio Council have just approved the laws and huge fines, designed to keep uninvited guests away from his idyllic lakeside mansion Villa Oleandra.
The laws, declared on Saturday, June 21, prevent anyone from stopping on both the road outside his house, and the water directly in front of his villa, 24-hours a day. The restrictions will remain in place until September 30.

Formerly confirmed bachelor Clooney, 53, became engaged to human rights attorney Alamuddin, 36, on April 22, and, as Us reported previously, are planning to tie the knot this fall. The couple had been considering both Lake Como and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, where Clooney also owns a villa, as venues.
Mayor of Laglio, Roberto Pozzi, told Us that an official request to hold the nuptials in Italy have not yet been lodged. "We have not received any formal requests yet," the Mayor said. "But we are ready for any requests."
But these two new laws will make planning such an inevitably star-studded event, much easier.

“It is now completely forbidden to stop outside the entrance to Clooney’s villa," the Mayor continued. "It’s a question of traffic and security. It is very dangerous and it’s also an issue of privacy."
On the lake side of the property, anyone sailing or swimming within 100 meters from Clooney’s villa could be fined up to 500 euros ($680).

"We have never penalized anyone in the past,” Pozzi said. "This type of action is designed to bring about a change in people’s behavior and create a more peaceful environment. We have to guarantee privacy and security for George Clooney and his guests."
Clooney made the most of his new laws over the weekend, arranging for his future mother-in-law Baria Alamuddin to visit him and his fiancee and stay overnight at their Como pad, away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 18:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious Empty Re: Clooney's Villa Oleandra: Here are the orders of anti curious

Post by lelacorb Wed 25 Jun 2014, 18:59

It 's the same order, which is renewed every year from June to September, I know Laglio and I know that if you want to walk under the home of George and stop on the beach side villa Oleandra can because it is the only beach (what George wanted to buy but the municipality has not sold) public. If you want to go boating in his house as long as you go with a resident of Laglio.

Last edited by lelacorb on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 19:36; edited 1 time in total
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 25 Jun 2014, 19:36

Mayor of Laglio, Roberto Pozzi, told Us that an official request to hold the nuptials in Italy have not yet been lodged. "We have not received any formal requests yet," the Mayor said.
"But we are ready for any requests."

Oh Glory....can this Mayor be trusted to keep quiet
if or when he does receive a formal request ?

"But these two new laws will make planning such an inevitably star-studded event,
much easier.
“It is now completely forbidden to stop outside the entrance to Clooney’s villa," the Mayor continued.
"It’s a question of traffic and security. It is very dangerous and it’s also an issue of privacy."
On the lake side of the property, anyone sailing or swimming within 100 meters from Clooney’s villa could be fined up to 500 euros ($680)."

lol!  lol! ......I'm remembering those pictures of the
pap in his underpants, in the water, close to George's
mooring of BOAT, with his large photographic equipment held high !!

He'd probably think that small fine would be worth it
for getting his pictures !   lol!  lol!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 25 Jun 2014, 20:30

Wait, If you are sightseeing and you stop, walking, in front of his villa or the door and take some photos. That is forbidden?
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Jun 2014, 20:54

Yep! No stopping, no boating - no nothing! The town is really trying to make him happy, because the mayor said they were not asked to do this - maybe trying to convince him to have the wedding there.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 25 Jun 2014, 21:25

Joanna wrote:Mayor of Laglio, Roberto Pozzi, told Us that an official request to hold the nuptials in Italy have not yet been lodged. "We have not received any formal requests yet," the Mayor said.
"But we are ready for any requests."

Oh Glory....can this Mayor be trusted to keep quiet
if or when he does receive a formal request ?

"But these two new laws will make planning such an inevitably star-studded event,
much easier.
“It is now completely forbidden to stop outside the entrance to Clooney’s villa," the Mayor continued.
"It’s a question of traffic and security. It is very dangerous and it’s also an issue of privacy."
On the lake side of the property, anyone sailing or swimming within 100 meters from Clooney’s villa could be fined up to 500 euros ($680)."

lol!  lol! ......I'm remembering those pictures of the
pap in his underpants, in the water, close to George's
mooring of BOAT, with his large photographic equipment held high !!

He'd probably think that small fine would be worth it
for getting his pictures !   lol!  lol!
But these two new laws will make planning such an inevitably star-studded event,
much easier.  or a great decoy for another venue or date.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 25 Jun 2014, 21:32

Aaaggg that´s not fair... well myabe it is. There is some strange people around the world and fans of him. But I would love to take a picture If someday I go there. It´s not so far away.

After that guy who entered in the villa, I guess he wanted to do something about it, not only for the wedding (if it happen there), for their security. They will be more relaxed, and that´s fair.
Run guy, run... If someday I know who you are... Razz
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 25 Jun 2014, 21:56

Hathaross - The laws are only in effect til September 30th, so you can still go - just not yet. Very Happy 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 25 Jun 2014, 23:12

super cool  Packing already  lol!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:09

Daily Mail is running the story now and the comments are massive against George for "changing the laws" in his favor. I think this is really bad publicity for him.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:21

Online comments are often against George just for existing...they mean nothing.

So English people are protesting against some bye-laws being changed,
during the summer months, in a small part of Italy ??  lol!

They must be fed up England footy fans who are bored !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 28 Jun 2014, 01:21

The mayor said they had not recieved any "formal requests" yet. Does that mean for permission for the marriage? I took it to mean that George hadn't asked for anything, including the laws to be changed in Laglio. Maybe I'm confused. (It wouldn't be the first time.)  Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 28 Jun 2014, 01:51

I don't know anything about the area or the local laws/ordinances, but I took it to mean that George hadn't yet requested any special access/parking/use of city property/etc. We're coming up on July, and I would think that anything that was happening in September would need to have some paperwork going by now.

But what do I know?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 28 Jun 2014, 02:21

Way2Old - The press is making it sound like George had the laws changed just for his convenience, but the mayor said they'd had no requests. I don't think George asked for anything, but the coverage is making him look like an entitled little rich kid! It just ticks me off when they can't get things right. I think the town passed the laws to make things easier for him because they'd like him to get married there.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 28 Jun 2014, 04:20

Ah. I was thinking of them as two separate things (arrangements for wedding vs requests to protect privacy while they're there), and that George hadn't requested anything as far as wedding plans go.

I think he appreciates the enforcement of the laws, but I can't see him asking for them. He's had bigger people there than Amal, and didn't ask for anything special. Of course, he wasn't engaged to the others.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 Jun 2014, 06:15

from the US article:

"Formerly confirmed bachelor Clooney, 53, became engaged to human rights attorney Alamuddin, 36, on April 22, and, as Us reported previously, are planning to tie the knot this fall. The couple had been considering both Lake Como and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, where Clooney also owns a villa, as venues.
Mayor of Laglio, Roberto Pozzi, told Us that an official request to hold the nuptials in Italy have not yet been lodged. "We have not received any formal requests yet," the Mayor said. "But we are ready for any requests."
But these two new laws will make planning such an inevitably star-studded event, much easier."
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 28 Jun 2014, 10:27

'formerly confirmed bachelor....'  Is this his new nickname now?  Laughing 

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:14

Thanks Mel for repeating the previously posted information.
It's much needed sometimes on here ! Lol

Sorry in advance for the..... sarcasm 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 28 Jun 2014, 14:29

lionheart wrote:'formerly confirmed bachelor....'  Is this his new nickname now?  Laughing 
sure beats "loved up" or "smitten".

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 15:11

I still prefer Gorgeous George as he's called
here in UK.....after ER !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down