George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon

3 posters

Go down

George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon Empty George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Apr 2011, 04:24

From LV Review

Bizarre interview with Kevin Nealon talking about the famous people he's played sports with . . .

Comedian Kevin Nealon, performing at Suncoast, staying active on courts, fairways DAVID STROUD/LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Updated: Apr. 1, 2011 | 10:32 a.m.

MORE 'WEEDS'

Kevin Nealon begins filming "Weeds" again in June, for a June 27 start to its seventh season.

As if you needed another reason to think George Clooney has it all, he's apparently a really good basketball player, on top of being an Oscar-winning sex symbol beloved by friends and strangers alike.

Anyway, comedian Kevin Nealon plays basketball with famous people on occasion. Clooney could be the best star he's played with, he says.

Second-best may be David Duchovny, also a sex symbol beloved by friends and strangers alike.

"Clooney: He's like Duchovny," Nealon says. "He's a good guard, and he's got a good set shot -- almost effortless."

But there was a very non-Clooney celebrity basketball player who had "coordinated, fluid, good moves."

"Chris Farley," Nealon says. "He was very light on his feet. It always amazes me that people who are heavy are light on their feet. Apparently he took ballet classes. That's what his brother told me.

"Artie Lange is like that, too," Nealon says.

Nealon judges himself as good on defense and rebounds, because he's 6-feet-4.

"I'm not a good ball mover or a quick passer or dribbler," he reports. "Apparently, my hands and arms are strong, according to several people."

Nealon is good at "grabbing the ball," because he played rugby for three years in his youth. He didn't lose any teeth playing rugby.

"But I did hear a lot of noses breaking in the scrums."

He swings through a lot of celebrity golf tournaments.

"I'm not a good golfer. They pair me up with Charles Barkley," Nealon says. "He's got some psychological hitch in his swing. Just before he hits the ball, he stops his swing. When he starts up again, he has 8 inches to go before he hits the ball.

"It's the infamous Charles Barkley swing. He's worked with hypnotists and golf pros. He just can't fix it."

Nealon skis and hikes. And:

"I was on the table tennis team in college. I went to a small college (Sacred Heart University) but we played Yale. Not too many people had table tennis teams, so we played whatever school had them."

He bowls a few times a week with his wife and 4-year-old son. He plays Wiffle ball and soccer with his kid in the yard.

"He's still young. I'm not gonna be one of those fathers that's really intense and pushes him," he says.

"I play a lot of sports," he says. "I'm not real good at any of them. I'm above adequate."

Golf is his favorite: "You can play into your 80s or 90s. There's always that possibility you could hit a hole in one or get better at the sport."

As for basketball, he hasn't been playing a lot lately, though he's recovered from ripping a bicep muscle on the court last summer.

"I've run into a lot of people in their 30s that say, 'You still play basketball? I stopped that a long time ago, because there are too many injuries.' "

Such is the jeopardy of gaming with celebrities his age, 57.

"They're kind of clumsy and not that coordinated, so you're tripping up a lot."

Doug Elfman's column appears Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Contact him at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. He blogs at reviewjournal.com/elfman

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 02 Apr 2011, 05:11; edited 2 times in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon Empty Re: George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 04:36

"George Good as Baseketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon"

Is that anything like Basketball Katie? lol

I know, it's the accent thing right?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon Empty Re: George Good at Basketball according to comedian Kevin Nealon

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Apr 2011, 05:10

LOL!! I think I might just change that headline. I'm sure for serious fans he is as good as basketball though!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Apr 2011, 05:12

dammit! Didn't notice the mispelling too! I always get baseball and basketball confused - I think it's because there's only two letters different between them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 13:35

and baseball you hit with a bat and basketball you shoot through a hoop, but those are just minor, insignificant differences... hahahaha lol - just messing with you girlfriend!!! I love you
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 02 Apr 2011, 16:45

Very different sized balls!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 18:49

Good point Lucy!! Forgot that OBVIOUS difference... lol
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Apr 2011, 18:52

LOL! I swear if you were to put a gun to my head I'd still be as likely to say basketball as I would baseball when asked to name what sport is being played.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2011, 18:53

we still love you Katie!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down