George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey

+17
PigPen
fava
annemarie
lionheart
Joanna
Alisonfan
Ballycuan
Nicky80
fluffy
Boshkash
Picachu
bamboochacha
theminis
LornaDoone
amaretti
Sevens
party animal - not!
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey Empty George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 May 2014, 02:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How to impress his lady! George Clooney whisks fiancée Amal Alamuddin away for a visit to the set of Downton Abbey

He has whisked of off her feet since meeting her last September with a whirlwind engagement.
And now George Clooney has taken his barrister fiancée to a country retreat in Surrey, where he treated her to a visit to a romantic and idyllic location - Downton Abbey.
The Sun has reported that the Hollywood actor turned up unannounced at 36-year-old Amal Alamuddin's home at 11.45pm on Wednesday, and gave her ten minutes to pack.

A source told the paper: 'George took Amal completely by surprise. He turned up at nearly midnight after jetting into Heathrow.
'George literally told Amal to grab some clothes before they jumped in a cab down to Surrey.
'She thought it was so romantic, she loves how unpredictable he is. The set visit to Downton Abbey was the icing on the cake of a crazy few hours.'
The couple strolled around the grounds of Highclere Castle, Hants, where the hit ITV1 show is based.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 23 May 2014, 08:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey Empty Re: George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 May 2014, 03:01

Of course, slight elaboration of the truth - she was a Law seminar early this evening...............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey Empty Re: George and Amal Go To Downton Abbey

Post by Sevens Fri 23 May 2014, 03:13

Well I'd like some pics... sounds romantic
George must got enough sleep on the flight
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 23 May 2014, 03:21

That is really cool . Wow . Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 23 May 2014, 03:26

Here I'm trying to win a trip to Downton Abbey thru Omaze and they just get to go!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 23 May 2014, 04:44

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 23 May 2014, 05:36

LornaDoone wrote:Here I'm trying to win a trip to Downton Abbey thru Omaze and they just get to go!  

Yep that sucks
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Fri 23 May 2014, 06:33

that's nice.

(firstly, she looks like michael jackson in the above linked pic (rest his soul).  secondly the act of submissiveness (looking down and appearing shy) is a trick I have seen used on the men in my family and is quite temporary.  once married the true nature of she wearing the pants will become apparent and he will undoubtedly be a shriveled up old abused yes'em within a year.  LOL.   any bets??)   flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 23 May 2014, 07:08

And nothing is private, looks like they are being stalked by the press in London, I would hate that
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Fri 23 May 2014, 07:37

OH lucky them!! i wanna go there and meet the cast!! best cast ever!!

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 23 May 2014, 08:11

The paper said "it was a surprise visit", all AA had to do was tune into COH to get the very latest!!!! We all knew what was going on! Can't say I would want to be up so late, rather take Georgie to bed then early morning stroll watching the sun rise. More my kinda thing! Still full marks for coming all this ways. Does anyone know if G has time on his hands right now? Don't know whats in the offing filmwise or if he's squeezing her in to his busy schedule!  bom 
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 23 May 2014, 08:35

Picachu wrote:And nothing is private, looks like they are being stalked by the press in London, I would hate that

For this event I don't think it was the press who found that story or we had some pics. I think the story was given to them and again " the source" is mentioned. I don't want to say the source comes from George or Amal's camp but it it not someone from the Downton Abbey cast who said George came to visit...no it is somebody who says George arrived at her place at around midnight and made her pack....mmhh..

I mean I'm happy about any info we get what he is doing  Very Happy  But in this case I don't think he was stalked by the press. It was given to them. But of course just my opinion....
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballycuan Fri 23 May 2014, 08:43

Maybe a possible wedding scene, just guessing.....

Ballycuan
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 23 May 2014, 08:52

love the deets on this oh so romantic story.
only one problem, the flight from Newark to Heathrow takes 7 hours approx,
naughty George turns up at 11.45 straight off plane, the flight would have got in at 8am max
PR ppl need to be sacked, oopsies again.
STOP insulting our gray matter Dr Ross.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 23 May 2014, 08:53

total crap, but WhY.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 23 May 2014, 09:13

seems strange to be able to do this in the middle of the night no matter who you are
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 23 May 2014, 09:42

Enjoy a virtual visit.....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 May 2014, 09:54

The Hugh Bonneville connection? Are they filming?

Thought from the Twitter ticket that the 8 15 a m flight got in early evening. Could have gone away that evening, stayed in Ascoot and gone to the set or Downton yesterday...........someone may have seen them:endless tours of the place

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Fri 23 May 2014, 10:09

George the romantic. Asking the fiancee to go on a tour somewhere 15 minutes before midnight. I would have kicked him for making me lose my sleep.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 23 May 2014, 10:56

Either the press made this story up or they went there to look at the castle for a wedding venue , and just in case it was reported they were covered just a surprise for Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 May 2014, 11:03

Yep. That's what I thought

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 23 May 2014, 11:26

Obviously no tour of Highclere Castle at night. 
Duh !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 23 May 2014, 12:57

no. Obviously they stayed somewhere overnight, and then went to the set yesterday, and she was back in town in time for the seminar...........if it's true.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 23 May 2014, 13:40

party animal - not! wrote:no. Obviously they stayed somewhere overnight, and then went to the set yesterday, and she was back in town in time for the seminar...........if it's true.........
right --it says they went to a romantic retreat at midnight--not highclere

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 23 May 2014, 16:31

I agree,   someone is feeding info to the world, and it appears to have the blessings of the key people ( lest it would have been nipped in the bud).  But why? This gets more baffling as time goes by.  I dunno    Is this the same man who  blew a fuse with Paramount's tabloid tv show (?? Hard Copy) for showing footage of him and Celine on the Batman set?

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 23 May 2014, 18:31

And that Hard Copy incident was how many years ago? People change.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Fri 23 May 2014, 18:33

PigPen wrote: Is this the same man who  blew a fuse with Paramount's tabloid tv show (?? Hard Copy) for showing footage of him and Celine on the Batman set?

Not anymore. He's Mr Alamuddin now. Laughing 

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Fri 23 May 2014, 19:12

what about coronation street? LOL
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 23 May 2014, 21:04

Mr Alamuddin? That's harsh.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 23 May 2014, 21:58

PigPen wrote:I agree,   someone is feeding info to the world, and it appears to have the blessings of the key people ( lest it would have been nipped in the bud).  But why? This gets more baffling as time goes by.  I dunno    Is this the same man who  blew a fuse with Paramount's tabloid tv show (?? Hard Copy) for showing footage of him and Celine on the Batman set?

Celine, she was the French girl? The one he was in love with? He is treating Amal differently? People mag, holiday posed pictures, his private life not so important any more, to him or Amal .

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 23 May 2014, 22:52

How did George and Amal become a villains here? We all know enough to not take the media as gospel these days. Nothing is beyond them.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 23 May 2014, 23:34

So, everyone knew George was heading to London, and the paps have apparently be camped outside Amal's place for a week, yet there isn't a single photograph of him arriving there or them leaving together to go on their "whirlwind" trip? Nor a single photograph of them touring Highclere, which is typically filled to bursting with tourists? I think somebody at the Daily Mail got a little creative with this story. And of all the places available to them to have a wedding, Downtown Abbey? It's gorgeous, but just doesn't seem like their style. They ain't Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, who are renting out Versailles for their rehearsal dinner this weekend. Rolling Eyes 
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 23 May 2014, 23:40

If she hasn't been seen since his arrival, then they are probably making up
for the days they were absent from each other.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 24 May 2014, 06:05

This is like the movie Notting Hill. Didnt they escape the paparazzi too?

I'm also just a boy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him.' Imagine him saying that in front of her door.  Give Flowers 

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 24 May 2014, 06:20

Aaaaaah  Hug1 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 24 May 2014, 07:27

Love4
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 24 May 2014, 14:22

Good point, Missa!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 May 2014, 14:43

Okay, well takea look at the opening days and times for Highclere this month:

Only opening days available in May are 4th, 5th, 6th.........then 25th, 26th, 27th

Between then they are filming. Remember Hugh Bonneville's wife and son visiting the Monuments Men Set at Duxford? Same thing entirely possible.

Highclere Castle is in Berkshire, not far from Surrey, but my guess would be they'd be staying near Wentworth, Virginia Water, Surrey.......pix of Himself and Brad Pitt going out one evening there last year

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 24 May 2014, 15:04

Given George's clout, and that the owners of Highclere Castle live on the premises, isn't it possible he just called them and asked for a midnight tour?

Still doesn't explain no photos. Not necessarily at the Castle, but he pretty much has disappeared since the airport.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 24 May 2014, 15:05

OK now we got the pictures. Why did it take so long...

Hop in! Amal Alamuddin pictured sneaking into fiancé George Clooney's car ahead of their romantic country retreat

They have spent the past few weeks apart after her work as a human rights lawyer saw Amal Alamuddin return to London.

But smitten heartthrob George Clooney has been making up for lost time after he flew in from New York on Wednesday.

The actor was spotted picking up his beautiful bride-to-be after he made his way straight to his fiance's flat the second he landed on UK soil.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Get in: George Clooney was spotted picking up Amal Alamuddin after he landed in London on Wednesday night

Wearing a black jacket over her grey trousers, Amal quickly made her way into George's waiting car

She seemed to be carrying a weekend bag on one arm as the pair travelled to the hotel which George is currently staying.

Her mother Baria was then seen entering the hotel where the loved-up couple are holed up in.

Last minute: George reportedly gave Amal just ten minutes to pack for their getaway

He has been whisking her off her feet since meeting her last September ahead of their whirlwind engagement. 

And George has kept on good form after he took his barrister fiancée to a country retreat in Surrey, where he treated her to a visit to a romantic and idyllic location - Downton Abbey. 

The Sun reported that when George turned up unannounced at 36-year-old's home at 11.45pm, he only gave her ten minutes to pack.

Low-key: Wearing a black jacket over her grey trousers, Amal quickly made her way into George's waiting car

A source told the paper: 'George took Amal completely by surprise. He turned up at nearly midnight after jetting into Heathrow. 

'George literally told Amal to grab some clothes before they jumped in a cab down to Surrey. 

'She thought it was so romantic, she loves how unpredictable he is. The set visit to Downton Abbey was the icing on the cake of a crazy few hours.'

The couple strolled around the grounds of Highclere Castle, Hants, where the hit ITV1 show is based.

Reunited: George took his barrister fiancée to a country retreat in Surrey, where he treated her to a visit to a romantic and idyllic location - Downton Abbey

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 24 May 2014, 15:10

Is loved-up a European term? blah! Looks like Gio in front passenger seat. Not exactly romantic to have him tagging along.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 24 May 2014, 15:11

We all know George can do stealth better than anyone. If he doesn't want to be seen he won't. They are probably not staying at Amals place. As for their style we really don't know what her dreams for her wedding are. George will do whatever makes her happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 May 2014, 15:16

Pigpen, this man is particularly good at disappearing. Does it all the time. No pictures at the airport either. They must have done this a lot, if you think about it.

Can't say I blame them at all........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 24 May 2014, 15:18

The article says they are staying at a hotel. I'm sure they are alone when inside Gio is only there for security.

Last edited by annemarie on Sat 24 May 2014, 15:20; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 May 2014, 15:19

The hotel I think they are staying in would have absolutely no access for chasing paps. The last word in privacy

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 24 May 2014, 17:12

moved the new sighting to this thread

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 24 May 2014, 17:25

Post the article in this thread as well as it cover the event too

party animal - not! wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney, Fiancee Amal Alamuddin Tour Downton Abbey's Castle, Have Dinner With Her Mother

Lady Mary would be pleased! George Clooney and his fiance Amal Alamuddin visited Downton Abbey's Highclere Castle in Hampshire, a county outside of London, on Thursday, May 22, multiple sources reveal to Us Weekly.

The silver fox, 53, and British barrister Alamuddin, 36, stayed at a luxury five-star hotel in Surrey before traveling to the castle, a source tells Us. Thursday morning, they were then driven to the location where the hit BBC drama series is filmed.

"Highclere is sometimes open to the public but this day it wasn't, so they were the only ones there," the source tells Us. "They spent a few hours there before they returned to their hotel."

Later that night, the future spouses were then joined by Alamuddin's mother, Baria Alamuddin. The trio dined at the Berkeley Hotel, marking the first time the actor has seen his future mother-in-law since the engagement, the insider adds. 

As previously reported, Clooney and Alamuddin aren't wasting much time between now and their nuptials and plan to wed this fall.

"He'd marry her today if he could, but he wants to give her a dream wedding," a source told Us. "It is her first, and he wants it to be his last!" (Clooney was previously married to Mad Men actress Talia Balsam from 1989-1993.)

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 24 May 2014, 17:28

Gosh, Nicki. We're having a Crossing Threads Crisis here!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 24 May 2014, 17:30

LOL! 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 24 May 2014, 18:18

Good luck to him handling the paparazzi there.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next