George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George sells his LA home
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptyFri 04 Oct 2024, 19:07 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2024
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptyFri 04 Oct 2024, 00:30 by LizzyNY

» Oct 2024 Clooney dinner Party
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptyWed 02 Oct 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» My Wolfs review
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptySat 28 Sep 2024, 16:56 by Ida

» Happy Tenth Wedding Anniversary to George and Amal
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024, 13:20 by Ida

» 2004 more Pranks that Alex does
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024, 12:13 by Ida

» https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13897139/George-Clooney-Amal-stars-Albies-charity-NYC.html
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptyFri 27 Sep 2024, 11:52 by annemariew

» Clooneys and family and friends in Venice
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptyThu 26 Sep 2024, 18:08 by party animal - not!

» George sends congratulations to Cate Blanchett on her latest success
George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' EmptySun 22 Sep 2024, 15:52 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!'

+2
LornaDoone
Sevens
6 posters

Go down

George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' Empty George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!'

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 14:03

George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!'
By PAUL CHI AND MICHELLE WARD
05/01/2014 at 08:00 AM EDT
Now that George Clooney plans to tie the knot with Amal Alamuddin, friends and colleagues of the newly engaged couple are thrilled and offering their best wishes.

"I'm happy for him," Clooney's Gravity director, Alfonso Cuarón, told PEOPLE at Tuesday's Time 100 Gala in New York. "To me George is a terrific and a fantastic person. As a husband I think he will be the same. He's a guy who is so generous and respectful, and I think he will be good at marriage, too. George is also genuinely honest. And, it's so much fun to be around him."

Clooney's close friend Charlie Rose, co-anchor of CBS This Morning, says the Oscar winner shares the same interests with Alamuddin, 36. Rose also has gotten to know Alamuddin, who attended a conference that he hosted in Aspen last year.

"George has a very serious side to him," the veteran journalist, 72, who has spent time with Clooney, 52, at his home in Lake Como, told PEOPLE. "He's a prankster and a damn good actor, but he also cares about issues as she does."

MSNBC host Ronan Farrow is a friend of Alamuddin and seeks her legal expertise in privacy law. The two met while working at the United Nations.

"Amal is incredibly accomplished and has a substantive legal mind. I have a lot of admiration for what she does," Farrow, 26, told PEOPLE. "She's tremendously charming and beguiling. Just look at her career. When I'm ready to do an interview on privacy law or when I'm interviewing someone connected to Julian Assange or Glenn Greenwald, she's one of the people that I turn to. She's wonderful."

For Martha Stewart, who is a fan of Clooney's films, she was happy to hear that the Hollywood heartthrob finally decided to settle down.

"I thought it was about time!" Stewart, 72, told PEOPLE. "They make a great couple."

Stewart has got a recipe recommendation for the bride-to-be, too – if she ever finds time to cook.

"George is a healthy eater. She should make one of our one-pot meals," Stewart said. "It's a new book that is coming out and everything is made in one pot like pasta and chicken ... They have busy schedules, and making a one-pot meal, they can prepare healthy meals in a quick and easy way. I think that's a meal he will enjoy."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' Empty Re: George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!'

Post by LornaDoone Thu 01 May 2014, 18:18

Leave it to Martha to plug something SHE's coming out with (one pot meals cookbook) while wishing someone else happiness. brahahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!' Empty Re: George Clooney's Pals Sound Off on His Engagement: 'It Was About Time!'

Post by Mazy Thu 01 May 2014, 19:48

But we are still not hearing from the boys and acting friends!!!
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 20:29

Bugger them, Mazy! I want to hear from the ex girlfriends!!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 01 May 2014, 20:40

WOW never thought about it until now you said it. ME TOO...wonder why the ex girlfriends are quite so far. This would be the moment for some to come back to the media and promote they career (not be meant offensive so don't beat me).
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 21:11

I believe the ex's are all convening together right now, 
in the ladies restroom of a secet hotel,
preparing their joint statement !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 02 May 2014, 11:17

The ladies restroom may be full of 20 plus women...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 02 May 2014, 11:31

Sevens wrote:The ladies restroom may be full of 20 plus women...

Where's that damn fly when we need it ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 02 May 2014, 11:32

Sorry Jo I don't get the point...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 02 May 2014, 11:36

The saying is "I'd like to be a fly on the wall" when you want to know what's happening somewhere where you can't be - on the basis that nobody notices flies but flies are in a position to notice everything.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 02 May 2014, 12:42

Thanks Katie for that perfect explanation!
Vivid expression...Anyway we have multiple "sources" all flying around to get us some news!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down