George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin)

+13
Way2Old4Dis
fava
bellybaby
Lighterside
Nicky80
Joanna
playfuldeb
Sevens
bamboochacha
ace
Katiedot
LornaDoone
theminis
17 posters

Go down

Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) Empty Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin)

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 05:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney may be one of the biggest names in Hollywood, but his fiancée has no intention of becoming a typical "trophy" Tinseltown wife.

Amal Alamuddin, a human rights lawyer, has told colleagues that she will not give up her career and will continue to work as a barrister in London after she marries the actor.

The 36-year-old Oxford graduate, tipped as a future High Court judge, made her name handling high-profile humanitarian and extradition cases. She worked as an adviser to Kofi Annan, now the UN envoy to Syria, and to the King of Bahrain over the killings of human rights protesters, and acted as counsel to the UN inquiry on the use of drones in counter-terrorism operations.

It is thought that Beirut-born Miss Alamuddin met Clooney, 52, last year while she was working for Annan. Clooney is well-known for championing human rights causes, in particular the plight of refugees from the Darfur region of western Sudan.

Since being photographed together last October, they have spent time in New York, Tanzania and the Seychelles.

Miss Alamuddin comes from a prominent intellectual Lebanese family who fled war-torn Beirut when she was two. Her mother, Baria, had a distinguished career as a journalist. Her father, Ramzi, is a retired professor of business studies at the American University of Beirut.

Miss Alamuddin was taken on as an "exceptional" pupil at Doughty Street Chambers in London in 2010 after working for the UN court in The Hague prosecuting the killers of the Lebanese prime minister, Rafik Hariri. Her most high-profile cases include that of Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, and representing Yulia Tymoshenko, the former Ukrainian prime minister.

Clooney was previously married to the actress Talia Balsam and has said that he would never marry again. Only last September, a month before his relationship with Miss Alamuddin is thought to have started, he told Esquire magazine: "I haven't had aspirations in that way, ever. I was married in 1989. I wasn't very good at it."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apologies if we already have this article, so many can't keep up
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) Empty Re: Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin)

Post by LornaDoone Tue 29 Apr 2014, 05:06

So she's going to continue to work in London.

Guess George is relocating then.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin) Empty Re: Future Mrs Clooney puts her foot down (Amal Alamuddin)

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 05:25

Wow. Wonder how that's going to work out for them?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 05:25

Looks like George will be spending more time in the UK then to be with her
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 29 Apr 2014, 05:31

Hope this isn't true - i.e. the she put her foot down part cause that doesn't bode well. Two stubborn people is a recipe for trouble pdq.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ace Tue 29 Apr 2014, 05:33

I find it strange she is now suddenly tipped to be a future High Court judge! Not something easily said about people when she is so young and only been called to the bar for a few years.

ace
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 29 Apr 2014, 06:04

don't go losing your heads now - but I say - "yeah, right". lol.  queen 
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:31

I think the rumor last week was right. George is prepared to move to London.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 07:49

He is wealthy enough that he never has to work again. So London shouldn't be an obstacle for him, me thinks
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Apr 2014, 08:08

LornaDoone wrote:Hope this isn't true - i.e. the she put her foot down part cause that doesn't bode well.  Two stubborn people is a recipe for trouble pdq.

It's just a journalist trying to catch headlines by using
a silly out dated phrase !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 08:57

I can imagine he would move.... Very Happy  Before the engagement they must have talked about it. 
She is a good job and why giving that up? She is in the middle of her career and George always said in interviews he is just waiting until people don't want to see him anymore in the cinema like when his fame is over.....Of course he didn't say the exact words but you know what I mean....So it would make sense....to me  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 29 Apr 2014, 13:19

She could start their marriage by continuing to practice law in Britain and then eventually move her law practice here.  Who knows, maybe she'll be the one to run for office.  

I know other people believe George has political aspirations but I don't think that's the case, he'd be bored to distraction with the daily grind of politics but Amal is an attorney and a good many, if not most politicians here in America have a legal background as their starting point in the political arena.  She couldn't be president of course because she wasn't born here but nothing else is off the table for her.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:04

She's a human rights lawyer...advising/defending the King of Bahrain who's accused of killing human rights protesters??? What did I miss?

Well, being married to George will give her access to the US at anytime. No visa needed.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:25

bellybaby wrote:She's a human rights lawyer...advising/defending the King of Bahrain who's accused of killing human rights protesters??? What did I miss?

Well, being married to George will give her access to the US at anytime. No visa needed.

She worked in the US for years, so I assume she has a green card.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:29

Well, she's the one with the job, while he can work from anywhere. It will be interesting to see where George's line is.

As long as he doesn't get that fake-ass Madonna accent...

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:30

bellybaby wrote:She's a human rights lawyer...advising/defending the King of Bahrain who's accused of killing human rights protesters??? What did I miss?

Interesting point.

I hope there never comes a time when she decides to defend someone who would be abhorrent to George. Now THAT would be a recipe for disaster.

I realize a lawyer has to defend those that many may have issue with, but I deeply suspect that if Amal ever defended someone that George found truly awful and/or who's offense went against his moral upbringing, it could cause a rift.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 16:16

Time will tell with these two.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 16:45

I have the feeling that Amal defends "human" rights only of humans rich, I would have respected if he had defended the human rights violations of the protesters not to "human rights" of the king!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 17:04

Unless George becomes a house husband I can't see him moving to London full time. If he keeps acting his work will take him all over the world. If he moves behind the scenes he still has to keep close ties to LA for business - not to mention all his closest friends are there.

She's going to have to make some concessions, too, for this to work. I don't believe she expects him to drop everything he's worked for all these years just to be with her. If she's smart enough to hook him, she's smart enough to know how important his career is to him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 29 Apr 2014, 17:59

Em...perhaps I've mistaken the word "move" here, Lizzy.
I don't think he'll be there full time. Just fly there sometimes and live with her for a while. Actually I can see Amal moving her career to the US in the coming years. She can still do her job very well in your country.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:09

How long were they on their little "world-tour" vacation? If she can take that much time off from work, Im sure she'll be able to do the trips to LA if George doesnt move
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:38

Sevens - Hi! To me, him moving to London implies he would make it his home base and spend most of his time there. I don't see this happening unless he makes some major changes in his professional life.

I think it's more likely she'll have to make changes to accommodate him, or get used to not seeing him very often. Who knows, maybe that wouldn't bother her very much as she is so involved in her own career.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 23:15

Way2Old4Dis wrote:As long as he doesn't get that fake-ass Madonna accent...
Well, damn! That was the only thing giving me hope over this engagement story!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 23:41

Know I've said this before, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear that the latest film 'Pioneer' is going to be filmed in or near the UK......editing studios Como....but I'm sure they know better how to plan their lives together

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 23:44

Things may stay the way they are. She seems to come here every couple of weeks. We don't know how often George goes to London. So maybe things are working the way they are.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down