George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Using this forum and privacy issues EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Using this forum and privacy issues

+9
cindigirl
ManhattanMaven
Lighterside
Dexterdidit
Merlin
Katiedot
melbert
Ello
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Using this forum and privacy issues Empty Using this forum and privacy issues

Post by Admin Sun 05 Dec 2010, 11:09

This forum is open to the public which means that anyone can pop in and read what we're writing. Likewise, search engines such as google etc can also find anything written here.

Please don't use your real name in this forum and don't share personal information here unless you're comfortable with it being public.

Only members (people who have registered) can post in this forum and only members have access to useful information such as memberlist, search etc.

I'd love it if people could contribute to this forum. You don't need me to post a new story, you can go right ahead and post new stories yourselves. Just use the 'post new topic' button.

Last edited by Admin on Sun 12 Dec 2010, 11:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought of something else)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Using this forum and privacy issues Empty Re: Using this forum and privacy issues

Post by Admin Sun 05 Dec 2010, 11:12

In order to become a member, you have to register and your request will be sent to the Admin (that's me, Katiedot) for approval.

Registration is quick, free and doesn't require any personal information other than your email address.

Please remember that I work in another time zone and it may take a while for me to approve your registration.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Using this forum and privacy issues Empty Re: Using this forum and privacy issues

Post by Ello Sun 05 Dec 2010, 23:28

Hello!
Wow, this is great Katie! santa Wishing much success for the Clooney open house in 2011 and beyond..
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Dec 2010, 02:17

Thanks! And happy posting!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 06 Dec 2010, 02:50

KatieDot - this is GREAT! Thanks for the invite! Wishing you the best of success!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Dec 2010, 09:17

Happy to see you too Melbert!

And sorry about the annoying ads at the top of the page. I'll see if I can get rid of them, but I think that's part of having a free hosted site.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 06 Dec 2010, 10:02

Hi Everyone...thanks for setting this up Katiedot...you've done a lot of work on it already...looks great!
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Dec 2010, 10:08

Hi Merlin

Lovely to see you here! Really hope you can add to this forum and find it a second home.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Dec 2010, 10:24

Hey Katie, well done, it looks great and I love your house rules! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 06 Dec 2010, 11:03

Hey Katie, you can never have too much Clooney. Great rules and I'm sure I will see some old faces and hopefully many new ones! Thanks.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 06 Dec 2010, 13:51

Katie you did a fabulous job already! Thanks for doing this, I know you're busy with work so this is really great. We now have FOUR new homes...who'd have thought that New Kid, Caged and Em would give birth to quads! Hahaha
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ManhattanMaven Mon 06 Dec 2010, 13:52

YAY...i think i finally figured out how to post!! cyclops

ManhattanMaven
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 06 Dec 2010, 13:53

Go Maven! YAY!

Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Dec 2010, 13:55

Yay Maven! Good work!!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 06 Dec 2010, 16:54

Katie, thanks for the invite. Finally figured out what "user name" is - not my name but my sign in name.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by CarraVogue Mon 06 Dec 2010, 17:11

Yay! I finally figured out how to get here. This is great Katie!
CarraVogue
CarraVogue
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Mon 06 Dec 2010, 17:44

Katie! This is great! Looks wonderful!

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Mon 06 Dec 2010, 18:09

Maven if you can do it so can I. rendeer

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 06 Dec 2010, 22:00

Ha ha....I was just going to put my birthday in my profile but not the year but it won't accept a user less than 100 years old Laughing
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 06 Dec 2010, 22:58

I saw that too Merlin! Then when I did put in the year, on my first post it showed my age. Sure made me LOOK old!!! farao
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 07 Dec 2010, 02:16

Hahah! That may have been me playing around. I tried to set it so the age wouldn't show and then I set 100 thinking that was the max possible age - maybe it was the minimum?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ManhattanMaven Tue 07 Dec 2010, 03:16

ROFL...Katie that is SO FUNNY!! Most of us are "women of a certain age" so maybe we should just leave age out of it...LOL! Embarassed

ManhattanMaven
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 07 Dec 2010, 04:21

What some people will do for a telegram from the queen! Some days I feel 100 though.

cheers

Dexterdidit Rolling Eyes
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 07 Dec 2010, 04:30

Dexterdidit wrote:What some people will do for a telegram from the queen! Some days I feel 100 though.

cheers

Dexterdidit Rolling Eyes

Don't know if NBC's Today Show still wishes people Happy Birthday for their 100th.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 07 Dec 2010, 13:24

Yes, they still do Sisieq. Willard Scott is fumbling over the names really bad though.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Using this forum and privacy issues Empty Security and use of proxy servers

Post by Katiedot Wed 02 Mar 2011, 03:40

One of the most annoying things about the internet is that no one knows who anyone else really is. I take it on trust that we all are who we say we are and I don't allow anyone to have more than one username or pretend to be anyone else.

I do see that there is someone who's (not very successfully) trying to hide her ID by using a proxy server. I would warn that if you're using sites such as hidemyass.com to surf the net, then every single keystroke you make and every site you visit including passwords etc are accessible to the proxy site you're using.

Given the obviously close relationship between proxy hosts and phishers, spammers and the like, you'd have to be very careful who you would trust with that information because there's a good chance that it could be abused.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down