George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland”

5 posters

Go down

Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” Empty Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland”

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:18

Disney Sets Imax Releases for ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Captain America,’ ‘Avengers’
MARCH 20, 2014 | 04:49AM PT
Variety Staff
Disney has extended its long-running exhibition partnership with Imax, setting a deal to release “Star Wars: Episode VII,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” and other high-profile pics in the large-screen format.

Deal calls for the “Captain America” sequel (pictured) to hit Imax screens next month, followed in May by Angelina Jolie starrer “Maleficent.” Other titles covered in the pact include Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” (August),  ”Avengers: Age of Ultron” (May 2015) and “Tomorrowland” (May 2015).

“Disney has enjoyed a terrific ongoing collaboration with Imax, and we are thrilled to extend this relationship with a collection of exciting, highly anticipated cinematic events that are perfect for the immersive Imax format,” said Walt Disney Studios president Alan Bergman.

Said Imax CEO Richard Gelfond: “The combination of the great product being created by Disney and the overwhelming enthusiasm of moviegoers to see films in Imax theaters makes this agreement really exciting.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katie...wouldn't you change the section name for 2015?

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” Empty Re: Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland”

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:28

But here's what Brad Bird said:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland” Empty Re: Disney Sets Imax Release for “Tomorrowland”

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:42

I'm a big fan of IMAX! My first IMAX experience was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part2, as a huge Potter fan I managed the mid-night screening! Overwhlemed emotionally and visually by that!
Gravity's IMAX 3D effects blow me away! That's the perfect movie experience I can ever imagine! George Clooney in IMAX 3D format...although less than half an hour
Since Tomorrowland has IMAX 2D now...looking forward to full length George on the biggest screen! cheers 
Hope this one is as good as Gravity in some aspects.(can't wish for seven Oscars)
So Gravity would be George's first and last 3D film?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:10

I love IMAX too - in fact I'd love to see Gravity in an imax cinema. Oh well.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:31

I saw Gravity in one of the four IMAX theaters in my city. Twice.
But its screen isn't as large as the initial one where I saw Harry Potter or Dark Knight Rises. Unfortunately since my family moved , I couldn't afford fighting with all the traffic on road.That best IMAX theater is just too far away.
Sad.

Last edited by Sevens on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 01:30; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 18:12

I saw Gravity only in a normal version. I can't do IMAX....I get sea sick. My first and only 3D movie was AVATAR and with all the flying around I felt like  Vomit 1 

So I hope Tomorrowland will be shown in 2D too  Very Happy  otherwise I have no chance to try again and not get sick. Maybe I can take sea sick pills before  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 22 Mar 2014, 01:35

Poor Nicky...I feel for you
AVATAR was my first 3D movie too...I felt great!
But some of my friends just got sick every time they watched a 3D film same as you.
You can see Tomorrowland's IMAX 2D which has no sick driven effect believe me!
It's all 2D but shown on a larger screen that's all
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 23 Mar 2014, 11:37

I can understand feeling sick when watching 3D, but for me 4D was too much. It was like being in the movie yourself with smells, vibrations, physical touch… yes, rats tails were wagging at our feet. A little bit too much. They also used water sprinkles and I was quite wet when I got out of the theater…Nice.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Tue 01 Apr 2014, 08:43

Tomorrowland set for May 22, 2015 release:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May 22nd

TOMORROWLAND

Tomorrow Land

One of the summer 2015 films we’re hugely excited about. From director Brad Bird, Tomorrowland – originally known as 1952 - has been shrouded in mystery since pretty much the day it was announced. Billed as a science fiction mystery movie, and known to have shot at Walt Disney World in Florida.

George Clooney takes the lead, alongside Hugh Laurie (reportedly the villain) and newcomer Britt Robertson as the film’s young heroine. Damon Lindelof has co-penned the script with Bird and Jeff Jensen, and the film was moved by Disney from the end of this year to its new summer 2015 slot.

Brad Bird is a man with not a bad film to his name. We strongly suspect that Tomorrowland will not change that. It might just be our best shot at an original, standalone non-franchise sci-fi blockbuster in 2015...

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 23:16

Thanks....can't wait for 2015  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 08:35

Unbelievable, it´s still over a year before this comes out. A year! It´s a long time.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down