George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin

+23
fava
Carla97
Philippago
LornaDoone
Way2Old4Dis
Pari
catwoman
Sevens
Joanna
Lighterside
pippilotta
it's me
silly girl
Piglet
marysunshine
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
lelacorb
What Would He Say
Lakin460
Butterfly
Nicky80
Katiedot
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Empty Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin

Post by Katiedot Wed 19 Mar 2014, 16:25

Thought I'd round up the general comments from various gossip sites for your delectation. Methinks George is going to have to work hard to convince people on this relationship if these comments are anything to go by. And nobody seems too impressed that "she's on his level" quote.

Thanks Henway for the links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and alleged new gerral friend pictured in the Seychelles

Here they are, both holding their refreshment of choice, while meandering past a concrete post in the Seychelles. They look totally en route to a business meeting of some sort. That or they're actually dating.

According to a source speaking with US Magazine, 36-year-old Amal is "very smart and can hold a conversation." News I'm sure her list of clients (including Julian Assange) will no doubt find comforting, you know, given she's a respected human rights lawyer 'n all.

We give it approximately two years, whereupon Amal will convince herself she's been in love with one of her good friends all along and will get married/pregnant in the space of three months.

George Clooney took his official girlfriend Amal Alamuddin on an African safari

March 19, 2014

People Magazine has some exclusive photos of George Clooney and his OFFICIAL girlfriend on holiday in Tanzania. Go here to see! Yes, like we already said last month: George Clooney is officially dating Julian Assange’s hot lawyer Amal Alamuddin. She’s one of Britain’s top lawyers and she’s not some silly C-list wrestler or whatever. Amal is a woman of substance. She is a woman with an education and a real job. She sits down with despots, hackers, captains of industry and movie stars. Of course, the first time she ever got invited to the White House was as Clooney’s plus-one for The Monuments Men screening, so maybe she likes Clooney’s trappings of fame too.

A safari with George Clooney? That’s one trip to remember. The Monuments Men actor whisked his new girlfriend, British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, off for a jaunt to Tanzania to watch wildlife. Exclusive photos in the new issue of PEOPLE show the couple on one of their first trips together after romance rumors swirled when they were spotted dining together back in October.

The pair more recently turned up together for a special screening of Clooney’s latest movie on Feb. 18 at the White House alongside President Obama. When they had a nightcap at a local hotel afterward, “his arm was around her shoulder and she had hers around his,” an observer told PEOPLE at the time. “They just seemed very, very together.”

A source who has worked with Clooney has high hopes for the new romance.

“He’s with someone who is a very accomplished attorney. She isn’t someone who is pursuing a career in acting or entertainment,” says the source. “She’s on his level.”

[From People]

As Lainey pointed out, People Mag’s exclusive photos look like a planned and organized photo-op. Why is George making it official, I wonder? Could it be a little tit-for-tat with his ex, Stacy Keibler? Keibler gave People Mag an exclusive too – her wedding photos and the unconfirmed story that she’s already knocked up. So George is letting Stacy – and all of us – that he’s fine. He’s already moved on. He’s moved on with a hottie with a law degree.

Here’s what bugs me a little though: “She isn’t someone who is pursuing a career in acting or entertainment. She’s on his level.” First of all, while I admire George’s political work most of the time, I’ve never thought of him as some smooth, savant-like political operator. He’s not. He’s smarter than the average movie star, but that’s a low bar. I would even bet that Amal is smarter than George. And that’s what makes me think that this won’t last. George doesn’t like or need for his girlfriends to be smart. He likes being the clever one in relationships.

George & Amal back after holiday

March 19, 2014

I wrote about this yesterday – click here for a refresher. George Clooney and his girlfriend Amal Alamuddin were photographed on safari in Tanzania. PEOPLE has the exclusive photos and held them until the couple had left their destination. It turns out however that George and Amal were also in Seychelles. Click here to see US Weekly’s exclusive photo from there. Startraks is the agency that took that shot. They’re the ones who just happened upon Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds at a bed&breakfast in a small town in Utah a couple of years ago, remember that? Well, sh-t, the paps see to hang out in the most remote locations and conveniently just when celebrities are around.

So, basically, George Clooney doesn’t give a sh-t that Stacy Keibler is now married and pregnant. I mean, you can’t do much better than Amal Alamuddin. Again, have you seen her profile? That’s some serious game she’s bringing. At this point, he should be asking himself how he can keep deserving her, and not the other way around.

Here they are last night leaving dinner in New York, fresh off holiday and, again, well timed for the release of that PEOPLE article yesterday, just in case you missed it:

George Clooney is in love again!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Empty Re: Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin

Post by Nicky80 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 16:57

Interesting views. I guess the relationship has to last longer than two years otherwise people won't believe it is/was real. But having said that I guess it doesn't matter how long they will be together there will always be critics.....

But I do wonder...do you think she will join him on red carpet events? Ok I guess there will be no red carpets for George for a while now as there are no projects right now.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Empty Re: Amusing (or not) media comments on George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin

Post by Butterfly Wed 19 Mar 2014, 19:15

Thanks Katie.

Yes, I noticed as well that the majority of comments (and especially the ones on People's site) are negative. I don't know how to explain this, but I'm surprised.

Whatever happens, I wish them well.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 19:48

You can't blame the entertainment pundits for being cynical. George has given them plenty of reason to be. Given his dating history, this does look like a calculated move to up his reputation. If it's genuine, time will tell. But as for now, I leave it to the women on this forum who have followed him for years. They would probably affirm that this is just another cyclical relationship, albeit with a fairly obvious spin.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 20:10

I will qualify my previous statement with this - the initial 'coming out' pictures of them show more warmth and affection than I ever recall with Keibler in the entire two years of their relationship.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 19 Mar 2014, 20:56

I'm sticking this here, 'cos it is kind of amusing.

Have you noticed George and Amal have the same bottom lip dent ... Suspect 

Have you noticed George and Amal use their hands in the same way... Suspect 

funny don't you think....

Coincidence... or a sign of something else... Suspect 

Whatever conclusion you come to don't underestimate The Cloonmiester.

Last edited by what would he say on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hands...they both use "claw" expression with hands re; coconut etc.)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:19

Excuse me a question? Amal alamuddin if she really was a lawyer so important for international events, do you think that in this historical moment for the world with the facts in which she appears to be committed to no first person, she might be absent from the law firm to take a vacation with George? Sorry I just have some doubts!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:26

International lawyers are allowed a holiday too! I'm sure her office are keeping her informed of everything, and for all we know she could have spent today in the New York or Washington offices........the International Bar Association has offices in both....and the UN are in NYC

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:31

In the important moments leading lawyers in the office eat and sleep only a few hours! Then there are quiet moments and then take a vacation!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:35

I, for one, hope it's real. I'm so tired of the jokes about his private life - not to mention the rumors that he's gay. Enough!

I'm not naive enough to think there isn't a lot of PR involved here - some of it probably to stick it to Stacy - some of it to clean up his image - but I'm hoping there are real feelings behind this relationship. It's time he grew up.

@Lelacorb - It's possible that the cases she's actively working on do not require her attention right now. The Wikipedia case and the Syrian problem seem to be stalled. I'm sure she's not the only lawyer on any of the cases, and maybe she's been due a vacation. If she really does care for George this trip was a chance not to be missed. I wouldn't turn it down, would you? Job be damned! Smile And, as PAN said, the IBA and the UN are both in New York.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:41

Very true, Lelecorb, but she'll have a team of people around her and the likes of Geoffrey Robertson QC, and she had just finished the massive Egypt project with 25 different meetings and visits, and Tymoshenko is now on hold and presumably she's not due in a meeting for her new appointment advising the British Govt and maybe Ben Emmerson is in NYC looking into the US use of drones, and.......and....

Have you looked at any of her interviews on some of this, Lelecorb?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:51

I do not think I'm an important person as Amal but in the important moments of my job I can not be absent except for serious illness and it is true that Amal is so busy with the 'Ukraine and the Tymoshenko she should be locked in her studio!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by marysunshine Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:54

Party Animal-Not, thanks for the posting site info. My pc is really falling apart, and seizing like crazy, so moving about on this site is a challenge. That aside..considering George's past girlfriends weren't exactly the girl next door, and their internet photos were , ahem, interesting.... does anyone know if AA's law partners are blowing a fuse over all this publicity. And speaking of publicity,, just googled the new bride. On E! News she's flashing her diamond,and a very flat tummy, but since George has introduced his new love, SK is clearly yesterday's news.

marysunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 21:56

I agree with PAN, and if the president of the US has time for vacation then Lawyers can do this too there is always a team to cover the other person.  Very Happy  So don't see the problem there.

@Lakin, "this does look like a calculated move to up his reputation" -intersting point of view. Can be true. Thought about it too. Now time will tell. Hope for them the best will happen 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Piglet Wed 19 Mar 2014, 22:02

If you look at the site for her law firm she's not a QC yet. Mostly she seems to be part of a team. If it's like in the US she's probably 2nd chair not the lead lawyer. She could also be able to do what she needs to by phone or computer. More and more can be done without having to be in an office.

Piglet
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 19 Mar 2014, 22:08

So many of the comments are wondering about what she is thinking...they think she should be smart enough to know better than to date him. I think they genuinely like each other...it will probably last a long time only because she does have to work.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 20 Mar 2014, 02:10

Even ET questioned his methods on tonight's show. Drew parallels between present and past girlfriends. he has a method - a control over how his love life is reported. Eonline calls George out for staged pics with Amal. But then goes on to say that's how he's always debuted his girlfriends.
Well done! Even the pandering media had caught on! But in all seriousness, if a man who 'commands his fame' as Esquire most recently reported, then it makes sense that George would orchestrate his love life, knowing it would be in the public eye,
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 20 Mar 2014, 06:34

but how
can he do that?

influences.... tit for tat

do ut des....

money?

Suspect
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Thu 20 Mar 2014, 06:50

Nicky80 wrote:Interesting views. I guess the relationship has to last longer than two years otherwise people won't believe it is/was real. But having said that I guess it doesn't matter how long they will be together there will always be critics.....

But I do wonder...do you think she will join him on red carpet events? Ok I guess there will be no red carpets for George for a while now as there are no projects right now.

If the relationship will persist, she will join him on red carpet evebnts as well as he will join her on business evening events.  Twisted Evil bounce Should be if they are really on the same level.
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Mar 2014, 06:53

it's me wrote:but how can he do that?

influences.... tit for tat

do ut des....

money?
Well, it really depends on whether you believe this was done by George on purpose in the first place or if it was just one of those coincidences in the world.

I'm thinking George's schedule is so busy that it seems unlikely that he could pull off a safari at the last minute in order to take the attention away from Stacy's wedding.

Does that mean Stacy suddenly got married in order to take the attention away from George's new girlfriend announcement? Well, I guess it's possible but again that would depend entirely on George talking to her and letting her know in time what his advance plans were. I'm not so sure that he would do that but maybe he might.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Thu 20 Mar 2014, 07:20

@Lakin, "this does look like a calculated move to up his reputation" -intersting point of view. Can be true. Thought about it too. Now time will tell. Hope for them the best will happen [/quote]

In my opinion it could be both: move up his reputation and true feelings. When I saw these pictures the first time, I remembered the political interests of GC. He was asked if he could imagine a political career. He answered that his lifestyle up to this moment had not been serious enough. So what makes the lifestyle of a man more serious? A lawyer as wife could be very useful for a political career.
Another point is his plan to retire from acting. He mentioned that not long ago. He wants to focuse on producing films but I am sure that he thinks also about politics. In US it is possible to get even high political jobs without being a longtime member of a party. Just make a good election campaign, have a good reputation and , surely, have the right arguments and intentions. There are plenty examples eg. A. Schwarzenegger. He used to be an actor and govener of california.
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 20 Mar 2014, 09:18

He likes control, it's a male thing, not just George.

Also, like writing a script, he wants a "beginning". A timeline.

Ppl above talked of "change". This too is possible, just not too much, he has a definite preference for women younger than himself, that's hard wired. So change comes through background, TICK.

But also he can now change the script, beginning, middle, end or no end?
In this relationship is he the only one holding the pen, is it time to loosen the grip allow someone to help write the story.

Interesting times.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:18

I think everyone is forgetting the fact that George has kept his relationship with Amal since October a gigantic secret for the most part.  No one knew who the woman was in the pictures of Cabo at New Years Eve or at dinner in Toronto.  And there are many more pictures of private events coming out now that we've never seen before. So George kept their relationship private until she was comfortable going public with it.  What's wrong with that? Calculated?  Well, he's a celebrity and one of the most highly recognized people on the planet....how long could he go on hiding her?  What kind of relationship would that be, if he couldn't go out to a public restaurant or any other functions with her on his arm because he might be accused of manipulating the press to up his image?

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't...poor guy can't catch a break!

Last edited by Lighterside on Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:21; edited 1 time in total
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:20

casualty happens
obviously

but when G involved it seems
as he can also manage that too!  Suspect 

anyway
the lawyer  thing
is not a casualty too
IMO

dunno exactly about what
obviously
but this is my today feeling

anyway
the script seems working (he had already won one, right?

Oscar I mean)

even if we can't see yet
the beginning

and most of all

the end
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:05

Lighterside wrote:Well, he's a celebrity and one of the most highly recognized people on the planet....how long could he go on hiding her?  What kind of relationship would that be, if he couldn't go out to a public restaurant or any other functions with her on his arm because he might be accused of manipulating the press to up his image?
Exactly. At some point he's going to have to 'go public' with her (and so far, none of this is exactly public) and this was probably the best way to do it.

As for the timing, I think most people give relationships a chance to grow and see if they develop before inviting the world in. Why should George be any different?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:13

Lighter....I was thinking the same thing. But you've expressed it so well I can't add anything to what you say. Thanks.  Thumbs up! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:17

Lighter so damn well said! I've given you a thumb-up vote!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 20 Mar 2014, 12:24

"As for the timing, I think most people give relationships a chance to grow and see if they develop before inviting the world in. Why should George be any different?"

Precisely...that's normal for mature people.

I think maybe some of George's fans feel possessive of him and think that they should know everything, all the time, at the time it's happening.

I personally have always had a small sense of gratitude that he does allow his fans many glimpses into his life from time to time.

Coolio 

[/i]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 20 Mar 2014, 16:47

Many people are saying that he only left his relationship with Amal appear after Stace announced they will marry and is pregnant. Wounded male pride!
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 20 Mar 2014, 17:39

Do we really think he's so immature that he would use his relationship with Amal to get back at Stacy? If what has come to light recently is true, he and Amal were already beginning when he and Stacy ended.

@Pipilotta - George will never go into politics. In this country it is a time consuming, soul-eating proposition. He has a better platform for his issues as a civilian, and access to people in power because of his celebrity status. He'd never give up doing what he loves (film-making) for such demanding, unrewarding work.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 20 Mar 2014, 17:41

Phew!! (reading full-length) Smile But then, George+Amal could've kept this phase of their holiday/outing just as quiet as any other they could've had... so yes, I guess, this was their "chosen" timing, and we must respect it as part of respecting their privacy+happiness Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 20 Mar 2014, 17:46

Men never grow up, are immature eternal, especially when they are wounded pride. But it was not me who said it was a person in the magazine people site
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 20 Mar 2014, 17:54

Oh no catwoman, am just responding to threads right now... shall quote IF it is direct anyone...
 I love you 
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 20 Mar 2014, 17:57

I'll just be glad when all the hoopla dies down. George apparently got the 'intro' he wanted. She's obviously become comfortable with the new limelight (very comfortable, a bit quickly for my taste, but that's neither hear nor there). Now it's time for both of them to go back to their respective work and build whatever relationship they're going to have away from prying eyes.

Amal may be ideal for George because maybe (I said maybe) at 36 and at her career level, she doesn't want kids (or marriage). Or their schedules will keep them apart enough that their relationship will last longer. She must have a playful (naughty?) side; otherwise George wouldn't be interested. So maybe he's found his match. Maybe not. Enough things look different enough that he's changing his MO.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though. I think a lot of these things are happening the way they are because George is a famous actor with an image to protect, is a control freak, is 52 years old, and has a Y chromosome.

One of three things will happen. (1) After the initial blush, it will become the standard two-year stint at Clooney Prep, after which Amal will graduate to a more permanent relationship; (2) it will be an amorous whirlwind, after which they both have the perfect excuse that work comes first, and will split amicably; or (3) it's the real thing that both will take the time to nurture, and be in it for the long haul.

I hope she handles all of it well, whatever happens. But I hope the frenzy is over soon.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 20 Mar 2014, 18:01

catwoman wrote:Many people are saying that he only left his relationship with Amal appear after Stace announced they will marry and is pregnant. Wounded male pride!

And many more people believe their own farts don't stink...neither are true! ahahahaha

OK Don't kill me now...only injecting a little humor!   Laughing

@Lizzy I agree...good points, especially on the politics issue.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:05

@Lighterside - Just thinking - His life is a three-ring circus now. Can you imagine what a zoo it would be if he tried to run for office? Thank God he doesn't want to!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:30

Pari wrote:Oh no catwoman, am just responding to threads right now... shall quote IF it is direct anyone...
 I love you 

Hahaha....Pari....your avatar made me laugh!  rollingsmiley rollingsmiley Thanks! Very Happy 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:42

@Lizzy I think the nuts and bolts and "sausage making" that goes into being a legislator would bore and frustrate the hell out of him and that's no lie.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:50

Butterfly wrote:
Pari wrote:Oh no catwoman, am just responding to threads right now... shall quote IF it is direct anyone...
 I love you 

Hahaha....Pari....your avatar made me laugh!  rollingsmiley rollingsmiley Thanks! Very Happy 

Found it in DailyMail some while ago Butterfly... thank you Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 20 Mar 2014, 23:12

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I'll just be glad when all the hoopla dies down. George apparently got the 'intro' he wanted. She's obviously become comfortable with the new limelight (very comfortable, a bit quickly for my taste, but that's neither hear nor there). Now it's time for both of them to go back to their respective work and build whatever relationship they're going to have away from prying eyes.

Amal may be ideal for George because maybe (I said maybe) at 36 and at her career level, she doesn't want kids (or marriage). Or their schedules will keep them apart enough that their relationship will last longer. She must have a playful (naughty?) side; otherwise George wouldn't be interested. So maybe he's found his match. Maybe not. Enough things look different enough that he's changing his MO.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, though. I think a lot of these things are happening the way they are because George is a famous actor with an image to protect, is a control freak, is 52 years old, and has a Y chromosome.

One of three things will happen. (1) After the initial blush, it will become the standard two-year stint at Clooney Prep, after which Amal will graduate to a more permanent relationship; (2) it will be an amorous whirlwind, after which they both have the perfect excuse that work comes first, and will split amicably; or (3) it's the real thing that both will take the time to nurture, and be in it for the long haul.

I hope she handles all of it well, whatever happens. But I hope the frenzy is over soon.

Very clever your comment, I also think that this is what will happen
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Mar 2014, 00:19

@Lighterside -Amen to that! I think being unable to get things done and having to compromise your ideals would probably drive him nuts. As many on this site have said, he seems to like being in control, and in politics that just doesn't exist - at least not in this country. Right now I don't thnk anyone's in control!

@Way2Old - As usual I agree with everything you said, especially the 3 possible options in your last paragraph - they cover all the bases.

But somehow the idea that all of this is a 52 year old man trying to protect his image just doesn't feel right to me.Lots of people are jumping to just that conclusion, but don't you think he would have known that would happen? If that's what he's doing, IMO it hurts his image much more than it helps.

I'm not so naive that I can't admit there's PR at play here, but I'm hoping there's a real connection between them. He's not the frat boy he was when he started out, even if that is still part of the image he cultivates. IMO he's matured more than he lets on in public - after all, he couldn't have achieved what he has if he were an immature jerk. Fingers and toes crossed that things work out well for them both.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 21 Mar 2014, 01:27

This is tangentially about Amal and George, and kinda sorta comes back around to topic, so...

Does anyone remember during the PR run-up to 'Monuments Men,' when there was all the talk of the pants-altering prank on Matt Damon...? Remember Damon's responses in more than a couple of interviews, when he was asked if he'd retaliated against George? They ran along the lines of "I have a wife and four kids, I don't have time for that shit" and "George has nothing but time on his hands." Now, I'm sure it was all said in fun and jest, but it struck the wrong nerve with me, and I think it's highly possible it stung George a bit, too. I doubt he'd ever admit it. But he's human.

So, the implication is that even his friends think his personal life is pathetic and inconsequential, that he has nothing better to do and nobody to do it with. Take him away from a movie set or humanitarian causes, and you get a stunted adolescent.

Well, a relationship with Amal goes a long way in changing that impression, IMO. George Clooney is a brand, and like it or not, his personal life has become part of the Clooney brand. Brand images are carefully managed. It may be subtle, or even subconscious (doubt it), but it has to happen.

Yes, it all sounds very calculated. But I think George calculates everything important about his life. Again, my uninformed opinion. But that doesn't mean he doesn't really like or care about Amal. I think he does. But she also serves a good purpose. Those two aspects can co-exist, and I think that's what it is.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 02:22

I so hope this isn't just a relationship to "fix" his image.

I really hope he's found someone he enjoys being around, who stimulates him intellectually (as well as physically HA) and who can handle the media glare.

I hope SHE doesn't become more enamored of the attention than of George.

And I too hope it works out well for both of them.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:31

@Way2Old - Ouch! "Stunted adolescent"? Do you really think so? And "pathetic and inconsequential", "nothing better to do and nobody to do it with"? Do you really think his friends see him that way?

We usually see eye to eye, but this time I have to respectfully disagree. He seems to have longtime, very good and loyal friends who love and protect him. If he was really so pathetic I don't think they'd have stuck by him all these years and remained as loyal as they have. If nothing else, their wives would have put a stop to the friendship if he was such a jerk. He wasn't always the big star he is now, so it couldn't always have been for success by association. There has to be much more to it than that.

I think he has his moments of adolescent stupidity (name me one man who doesn't), but I think it's more a release - a way to blow off steam - a distraction from the pressure of being under the media microscope.

I'm sure he considers the effect on his career of every move he makes - he has no choice. Everything he does is dissected in the media. But I hope he makes his life choices based on what is best for him as a person, not as a brand (God, I hate that word!). If Amal is someone he wants in his life, I hope he makes it happen for personal reasons and not for his "image".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Fri 21 Mar 2014, 06:50

catwoman wrote:Many people are saying that he only left his relationship with Amal appear after Stace announced they will marry and is pregnant. Wounded male pride!

If I consider the facts (dating at least from Oct. on, Cabo, White House, vacanies, etc.), it could also be just the right time to make the rlationship public.
Of Of course, wounded male pride is also possible.
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Fri 21 Mar 2014, 06:53

LizzyNY wrote:@Way2Old - Ouch! "Stunted adolescent"? Do you really think so? And "pathetic and inconsequential", "nothing better to do and nobody to do it with"? Do you really think his friends see him that way?

We usually see eye to eye, but this time I have to respectfully disagree. He seems to have longtime, very good and loyal friends who love and protect him. If he was really so pathetic I don't think they'd have stuck by him all these years and remained as loyal as they have. If nothing else, their wives would have put a stop to the friendship if he was such a jerk. He wasn't always the big star he is now, so it couldn't always have been for success by association. There has to be much more to it than that.

I think he has his moments of adolescent stupidity (name me one man who doesn't), but I think it's more a release - a way to blow off steam - a distraction from the pressure of being under the media microscope.

I'm sure he considers the effect on his career of every move he makes - he has no choice. Everything he does is dissected in the media. But I hope he makes his life choices based on what is best for him as a person, not as a brand (God, I hate that word!). If Amal is someone he wants in his life, I hope he makes it happen for personal reasons and not for his "image".

fully agree. can't better express.
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Philippago Fri 21 Mar 2014, 07:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and if this time the forward contract Amal wants it? I would say that is a perfect woman, beautiful, intelligent, rich and well-known in her work, not to mention her family ..
Philippago
Philippago
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 07:37

While it's possible, I think it's unlikely.  George (and Amal, for that matter) has a really busy schedule.  Did he really have time to drop everything and go on holiday in order to 'prove' something to his ex?  I rather doubt it.

I think that Stacy's sudden marriage and possible pregnancy is a two finger salute to George and all the lies about not wanting to settle down that she dutifully trotted out to the media as she was told to.  A woman scorned . . .

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I'll just be glad when all the hoopla dies down.
I think you've got a long wait.  Elisabetta was over several years ago but look how her fans are still pushing the agenda, even on this site!

LizzyNY wrote:@Way2Old - Ouch! "Stunted adolescent"? Do you really think so? And "pathetic and inconsequential", "nothing better to do and nobody to do it with"? Do you really think his friends see him that way?
 I don't think that's what W2O4D is saying; she's referring to his public image and what's being said about him.

Matt Damon isn't a close friend of George's as far as we know, although they're surely friends.

George's close friends know him and support him, of course, but to the outside world looking in on George's life, that is how it can appear.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:26

LizzyNY, I acknowledge that it sounds harsh, what I wrote. But I'm not saying that George is shallow or that that's what his true friends think of him. Maybe I was ineloquent in making my point. Let me try again.

Jokes of the kind Damon was making aren't funny unless they contain an element of truth that the audience can extrapolate to humorous proportion. That's why the Tina Fey/Amy Poehler Golden Globes joke landed so effectively. (I'm not telling you anything you don't know, and forgive me if I sound condescending. I'm just trying to lay the groundwork here.)

So when Damon was asked if he'd responded to the pants prank, or the letter to Fey & Poehler in his name, and he essentially rolled his eyes and said "who has time for that besides somebody with nothing better to do," everybody laughed, but the underlying kernel of truth was "Hey, yeah, that's right, Clooney's got no grown-up responsibilities, so he has time to sit around and plan pranks on his friends." It's an implication. Ridiculous thought in its reality, but true enough to make it a humorous observation.

And what I'm saying is not that it's what Damon or his friends think of George, but that the jokes in the context of George's image could sting. I think George is practical about what comes with his fame, but still sensitive about what the public thinks of him, as much as he makes his own path. And I think he's the kind of guy who won't let certain things stand. A perception like that is one of those things, IMO.

I don't think he sat down and charted out an algorithm to manipulate his image post-SK and post-Golden Globes target and post-pseudobashing by his colleagues. But I also think that nothing that's happening now is coincidence, and that he's making a concerted effort to counter that small element of truth that's at the core of the jokes about his life.

I hope that's clearer. I haven't had my brain protein yet. Not that I'm trying to change your opinion or reaction; just explain myself a little better.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:28

George Clooney's Latest Girlfriend Is Out of His League

Her name is Amal Alamuddin. She's a barrister who specializes in International Law. She's currently advising Kofi Annan on the UN's Syria talks, and represented Julian Assange in fighting extradition from London to Sweden.
Not only does she have an impressive career, she manages the other two parts of the desirable woman trifecta - being smart and hot! As gushingly described in the Daily Mail:
Miss Alamuddin, who works from London's Doughty Street Chambers, specialises in international law, human rights, extradition and criminal law. She speaks three languages - French, Arabic and English - and was voted No. 1 on London's Hottest Barrister list of 2013.
According to other gossips, she also has "great fashion sense."
Now, you might read this and think, "Why should I care about another celebrity girlfriend?" The answer is because who George Clooney dates has always been strategic, and Alamuddin isn't just interesting because of her outside accomplishments, but because of how she has broken the Clooney Girlfriend Mold.
As Jezebel has previously covered in 2009, with "Is George Clooney Dating Down?," the Cloonster usually favors actresses/models/waitresses/dancers who could never hope to eclipse him in interest or fame. This was true back in '09, when he dated Elisabetta Canalis, and more recently, when he dated Stacy Keibler, a former WWE wrestler, from 2011-2013.
These former girlfriends are not interesting on their own. Besides George Clooney himself, they could benefit from this arrangement by parlaying their notoriety into Reality TV gigs (Canalis and Keibler has since been on Dancing With the Stars; E! and other outlets have covered Keibler's post-Clooney marriage and pregnancy).
The image benefits to Clooney have been thus: He's been a confirmed bachelor since divorcing Balsam, and can play it up with his interchangeable model flings. He also wants to win Oscars, though, which is probably why he's taken his last three girlfriends before Alamuddin to the Academy Awards, and why they have publicly accompanied him on commitments during award season. Their use is to provide the hope, however faint, that he'll settle down, but not with someone who will overshadow him.
Now he's risking that with Alamuddin, with the video above commenting on how she stands out, and with gossip blogs joking that she's the Darcy to his Bridget Jones, or with commenters joking that the only way he'll able to top this girlfriend is if he dates Hillary Clinton next. Even her barrister career comes with possible controversy, since she tried to protect Assange from extradition on rape charges.
I think he's willing to take this risk if it burnishes his own image, though. Remember, her substance lies in her influential involvement in international issues, which Cloons has dabbled in himself, campaign to Save Darfur, and taking on Oscar-winning roles in "geopolitical thrillers." Plus, he released pictures to People of them on safari to make it official to the public. As if to say - "Look at how cultured and globalized I am; I have the girlfriend and the Tanzanian wildlife to prove it."
As Lainey Gossip puts it, maybe Clooney wants to give Brangelina a run for their money. It's probably a bonus that she doesn't want/need to end up on Dancing With the Stars.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next