George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding

+35
lelacorb
kmoo
Katiedot
cupcake
Lakin460
Carla97
ktsue2002
marysunshine
LizzyNY
Atalante
pandabear
Boshkash
theminis
socimar
Pari
isogotit
Way2Old4Dis
it's me
Butterfly
Rachel
annemarie
Lighterside
fava
silly willy
party animal - not!
What Would He Say
Joanna
NewFanForever
watching
lourdes flores
amaretti
LornaDoone
silly girl
melbert
Catie
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 Empty Re: Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 12 Mar 2014, 19:11

Nope, not just you. I feel like I need a shovel.

I wonder how long it will be before the media outlets stop showing pictures of SK-P with George when they talk about Stacy and her new husband.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 Empty Re: Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding

Post by fava Wed 12 Mar 2014, 20:33

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Nope, not just you. I feel like I need a shovel.

I wonder how long it will be before the media outlets stop showing pictures of SK-P with George when they talk about Stacy and her new husband.

Umm, never? After all it is really the only reason they are paying any attention to her.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Wed 12 Mar 2014, 20:37

We are getting a bit nasty now.

She has never done anything wrong...she was GC date for 2 years and I assume she would have been very hurt by the breakup.

People need to make a living...if she wants to sell her pics..that's her business.

I certainly would like to see them...I have always liked her and thought she was lovely back from the wrestling days!

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 12 Mar 2014, 22:16

No NFF.....it's not "we" are getting a bit nasty now....
Just "some" !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 12 Mar 2014, 22:33

stacy no I was never nice and I never thought that George had never been in love with her but ironically it seems to me to be narrow-minded people ...... We love when women want a son who loves us ..... evero or not?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 13 Mar 2014, 00:51

Looks like Watching was right that this was a shotgun wedding. It's all over the media that Stacy's probably pregnant. Pretty quick for a free spirit who never really thought about marriage or children. Maybe now she can retire from chasing fame and be a full-time mom, but somehow I doubt it. I think she's addicted.

I wish her well - I'm sure she'll have a good life - but I really hope she just goes away.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 13 Mar 2014, 03:14

Katiedot wrote:
theminis wrote:Its not really off topic if you write in Italics (new rule)
Ahem.   Oi, you!  Noooo! 

I'm so with you  on this one.  The problem is, we create these celebrities.  As long as we comment about them on websites or watch the tv shows or buy the gossip magazines, we keep them famous.  

Ha theminis, told ya you couldn't sell that one to katie!  brahahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 13 Mar 2014, 06:35

watching wrote: I'd be sad too if I was marrying a millionaire on the weekend yet I still had to hustle and arrange my own pap shots
I think maybe you're projecting a little too much. Sure, you wouldn't sell pictures of your wedding to the paps but you're not a wannabe celebrity. This is what they all do and it's got less to do with the money (although I'm sure that didn't get turned down) and more to do with staying in the public eye which is what celebs, especially c-listers like her, have to do.

She is a celebrity - whether we like it or not - and she'll continue working that for as long as she can. Getting pictures of herself into the gossip magazines is her job.

LornaDoone wrote:"And they cried tears of joy..."  good Lord is it just me or   are they laying on the schmaltz just a little bit thick?
I think schmaltz only comes in thick, thicker and really thick! I was crying tears of laughter, but that's just me.  Twisted Evil 
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 13 Mar 2014, 21:37

In case anyone is interested People.com has posted a behind the scenes video. More views of the front of the dress...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 13 Mar 2014, 22:56

Silly girl - Well, you suckered me into watching just to see if there is a "baby bump". Could be, but I couldn't really tell. Why did I do that?!!!. headbang 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 13 Mar 2014, 23:32

Lovely video.....reminds me of a friend's wedding
in Cuba.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lamby Fri 14 Mar 2014, 00:45

Another interesting blind item from cdan which some of you have speculated on...

lamby
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 08:33

Well maybe someone already speculated on what´s in it for him? For this company future ad? Private and middle sized, is he the founder, owner and CEO? I took a look at their website... and as usual not very investor friendly with all the engineering jargon...

Do they do IGA (in-game advertising)? Like Massive inc. did (aqcuired by Microsoft). I bet he is trying to sell the company or merge it with some bigger one and take an exit himself. I guess there is a chance for him to become tech millionaire by doing so. But I don´t see how you can take a million out of that company (as dividends) per year. I just don´t see it.

Also venture capitalists won´t make any decisions based on the fact CEO had beach wedding they read about in the magazines. Do not see the value added there  Laughing 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:16

lamby wrote:Another interesting blind item from cdan which some of you have speculated on...

Well personally, I hope to God that it's not her!  I suspect that most of these blinds are made up by these gossip columnists that witness the celebrities around them and make up stories that fit the superficial circumstances they see, to give it plausibility.  Much the same way some of my friends and I do, when we're somewhere having a drink and speculating on the people present in that establishment, as sort of a conversational game.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 14 Mar 2014, 13:10

The picture on People is of Stacy with her back turned to the camera. Why is her husband not on the cover it looks strange.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by marysunshine Fri 14 Mar 2014, 17:05

Just watched the People video. Dear Lord, this thing screams "I want publicity, and I want it NOW". Watching the happy (??) couple, there's no warmth, anywhere. Not crossing the pool, dancing on the sand, even the kiss looks icy cold. And he looks about as interested in her and George did towards the end. This is like watching a train wreck in progress, only more fun. 

marysunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 14 Mar 2014, 17:43

Don't forget that one cannot cross a pool on stepping stones other than in single file.
Otherwise....Splash !

I've seen other "professional" wedding videos of friend's
weddings like that. Especially when in USA and Cuba.
The couple are very much under the control of the photographer and they never show the real occasion
at all. They always look a little staged.
It's more about the film makers reputation rather than the wedding IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 14 Mar 2014, 20:03

The photographer told them what to do and they did it. The cover to me is just odd she has a husband to me he should be on there with her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 14 Mar 2014, 20:29

Watching them cross the pool on those stepping stones - first thought that came to mind - if it was George, he'd have pushed her in!  LOL! 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Fri 14 Mar 2014, 20:45

LizzyNY wrote: Watching them cross the pool on those stepping stones - first thought that came to mind - if it was George, he'd have pushed her in!   LOL! 

Should do a thread on George and his pranks.

Call me old fashioned by I don't know and understand why people do them...reasoning behind?

Is it for there amusement...or don't know?.....

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 15 Mar 2014, 01:17

From the wedding site - the knot

7 Questions We Have For Stacy Keibler’s Husband Regarding His Top Hat
By: Ivy Jacobson

When pictures of Stacy Keibler and Jared Pobre’s secret beach wedding were released, we immediately loved the photo of Stacy in her custom-made Monique Lhuillier lace wedding dress. However, the other photo where Jared is wearing a top hat on the beach (and Stacy is carrying one) made us wonder if he’s trying to get top hats to make a comeback — plus some other serious questions that we want answers to ASAP.

Here are our pressing concerns:

1. Did they have their reception at a three-ring circus or on the beach?
2. Did he want to dress up as a leprechaun for St. Patrick’s Day?
3. Did he pull a rabbit out of it during the ceremony?
4. Is he the Monopoly man?
5. Can we call him the Mad Hatter?
6. Is he reusing props from his Willy Wonka Halloween costume? (And is he friends with Johnny Depp?)
7. Is he attempting to mimic Fred Astaire in Puttin’ on the Ritz?

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 15 Mar 2014, 01:23

Hold on...I need to change my pants..lmao!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 15 Mar 2014, 01:29

NewFanForever wrote:
Call me old fashioned by I don't know and understand why people do them...reasoning behind?
We do have a thread on his pranks!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 15 Mar 2014, 01:31

melbert wrote:
NewFanForever wrote:
We do have a thread on his pranks!

Thanks very much I will look that up...better to be safe than sorry!

Ok so Jared goofed up on his dress maybe a little...ok a lot..lol....but he didn't goof up on marrying Stacey..Hell I'd marry her myself! And I am not even gay.

Did anyone every see her as the teacher on WWE...when she walked in the whole stadium went Whoah!!!

I like people like that who are a little bit different from the norm.... there wedding looks like it was a lot of fun! iMo

Last edited by NewFanForever on Sat 15 Mar 2014, 01:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding)

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 15 Mar 2014, 06:40

Who magazine in OZ has run the pics from the wedding. Who is the Australian edition of People. She got 3 pages, barley a write up but lots of pics. They look happy and he still looks to me to love the attention that comes with a famous pernter. The 7.5 carat engagement ring seems a bit excessive but then again, that's just my taste.

The pics with her jumping in the air with hubbie makes it look almost definite that she is pregnant. The bump seems clear. It doesn't just look like how the dress falls but who can say until there is official confirmation. And then that gets them both another media write up and pay cheque.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 15 Mar 2014, 06:48

Well this feeds into my shotgun wedding theory. She contacted the designer only a fortnight before the wedding to design and make the dress for her. If they had been planning for months, wouldn't she have been all over that once they settled on a date and location?

Stacy Keibler's Wedding Dress: The Exclusive Sketch and All the Scoop!
03/14/2014 at 09:00 AM ET

Stacy Keibler acknowledges it was a tall order. She needed an amazing custom-made wedding dress — in just two weeks time. So when she called fashion designer Monique Lhuillier to see if she’d take on the task, Keibler was strategic.

“I waited until she got home from New York Fashion Week and literally called her the next day,” she says. “I was like, ‘Uh, hey, could you make me a very special dress for a very special occasion in less than two weeks?’ And she says, ‘Yes.’ I’m like, ‘Really? Did you hear the part about two weeks?’”

Lhuillier, who was sworn to secrecy about the surprise March 8 wedding plan, didn’t blink. After collaborating with Keibler on a vision — “a perfect balance of a little bohemian, easy and effortless while still [looking like] a bride” — Lhuillier created the perfect dress: a delicate Chantilly lace v-neck bodice that adorned an ethereal, silk chiffon draped skirt.

“She’s a master,” says Keibler, 34, who often had two fittings a day until the dress was finished — just one day before she left for the Punta Mita, Mexico, wedding. “Luckily it all worked out perfectly!” Of course Keibler wasn’t the only one to give the dress a thumbs up. Of watching his bride walk down the aisle, groom Jared Pobre, 39, raves, “She looked so beautiful it was surreal.”

People article
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 15 Mar 2014, 06:54

Thanks watching for uploading this article as I rarely buy magazines.

As long as they both are  happy..designers have work, photographers, venues etc..keeps the world and ecomony going and is also entertaining!

And that's a good thing! iMo

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 15 Mar 2014, 08:03

Funny questions, funny find watching LOL

I have only seen one pic so...but this much I can say, he or they seemed to be dressed. Not a wedding a´la Sergey Mikhaylovich Brin (you know him right? We all love to use his invention!) He married on the beach in speedos and I guess bride had swimwear too.

The hats, there prob were rabbits. Weddings are full of symbols "something old, something new, something blue" no, this time it was a symbol of fertility, rabbits breed fast. And also, due to her connections, she has met the president, "the rabbit" is a nick name to interm PM of Ukraine - so they showed their support this way. The rabbit just visited Obama last week. Very current affair.

Is he the monopoly man? Remains to be seen.

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 15 Mar 2014, 11:50

The top hats were props for the pictures.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 15 Mar 2014, 23:35

It's all over the web (on George's sites, no less) that George is stunned by Stacy's marriage so soon after they broke up and that his ego is hurt that she moved on so quickly and he still hasn't found a new gf. A "source" is quoted as saying it was a "revenge marriage" to show George what he lost and rub his nose in it.(Personally, I don't think it bothers him a whole hell of a lot.)

If it is a "revenge marriage", what does it say about SK and the chances for this "love match" to survive? I'm beginning to think she got knocked up and didn't want to deal with everyone guessing who the father might be, so she got married. I hope JP is the father and they make a go of it for the child's sake, but this is not sounding like the blissful bullshit she's been spouting.

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 15 Mar 2014, 23:48

I just can't believe some of the sick cynical comments on this thread.
I am SO disappointed in my fellow females. Period.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Mar 2014, 00:27

Sorry, Joanna - can't help it. I try not to be too cynical, but being a native NYer makes it second nature - you have to be to survive here. I do think it's all a little too quick to be the fairytale she says it is, but if it's true then good for her!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Mar 2014, 00:28

LizzyNY wrote:It's all over the web (on George's sites, no less) that George is stunned by Stacy's marriage so soon after they broke up and that his ego is hurt that she moved on so quickly and he still hasn't found a new gf. A "source" is quoted as saying it was a "revenge marriage" to show George what he lost and rub his nose in it.(Personally, I don't think it bothers him a whole hell of a lot.)

If it is a "revenge marriage", what does it say about SK and the chances for this "love match" to survive? I'm beginning to think she got knocked up and didn't want to deal with everyone guessing who the father might be, so she got married. I hope JP is the father and they make a go of it for the child's sake, but this is not sounding like the blissful bullshit she's been spouting.
What I find cynical is "all over the web", "George stunned", "ego hurt", etc. For the love of pete, they had a 2 year "relationship" and it ended as the time was UP. I believe that they were friends and nothing more. Stacy knew that going in and knew that it was for 2 years. She got a boost in her income, made some contacts, basically got a 2-year vacation. For almost half of that time George was very busy with his true love - work. IF, and I repeat IF, he is all those things above (stunned, hurt, etc), that would show there was a love affair there. Not so. I believe that Jared was waiting in the wings for her to finish her stint with George. Will this marriage last? Who knows? Is George crying in his beer as he lost the love of his life? Yeah right!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Mar 2014, 00:50

Melbert - Here's something strange - I went back to the search page where I found all those sites that said George was "stunned" (I know TMZ was one of them) because I wanted to see how they id'd the person who said it was a revenge wedding, and they're all gone! WTF? I know I saw it. I read at least 4 stories where they said basically the same things. - Conspiracy theories anyone? Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Mar 2014, 00:57

I know Lizzy, I saw some of them too!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Mar 2014, 01:26

Coolio lol!  Mel.....wonder why you chose your avatar ???

confused Razz Razz Razz 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 16 Mar 2014, 01:27

The original story came from the Enquirer....Here is Celebitchy's take on it--since it was in the Enquirer I would take it with a grain of salt:

George Clooney has not completely replaced Stacy Keibler yet. And that’s weird, and it’s unlike him. Usually he gets a new girl within one year of a big breakup. There are significant rumors that Clooney is dating Julian Assange’s hot lawyer, Amal Alamuddin, but she’s got a real job and I would suspect that she’s not in a position where she can jet off to Lake Como for the summer. So why hasn’t Clooney replaced Stacy Keibler with yet another B-list or C-list model/waitress/wrestler? Is it because he’s still sort of pining away for Stacy and he’s upset that she’s moved on so quickly?

STACY KEIBLER stuck it to George Clooney, one of Hollywood’s hottest hunks, by getting hitched just eight months after their split!

Former WWE star Stacy, 34, and tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre, 39, tied the knot in an intimate sunset beach wedding in Mexico on March 8. The shocking nuptials came as a surprise even to family members who were vacationing with the gorgeous couple.

“It was a revenge wedding of sorts,” a source revealed to The ENQUIRER. “Stacy stuck it to George to show him that he lost out on a great wife…and now she’s rubbing his face in it.”

In a post-wedding interview, the overjoyed new bride gushed about her relationship.

“Marriage is the ultimate bond of love and friendship,” she said. “It means putting all your faith and trust into a person that you can’t help but believe is your soul mate. Someone who has all of your best interests at heart – someone hand­picked for you, to help you grow and be the best person that you can be. Jared is all of this for me.”

An insider says the news of his former flame’s wedding shocked the dashing “Monuments Men” star. “Typically, when George ends a relationship, his brokenhearted exes go through a period of pining over him and trying to win him back,” said the source. “But that just wasn’t the case with Stacy. She walked away from him and never looked back.

“Stacy began dating Jared within days after her split with George – and that really struck an emotional nerve with him.”

The 52-year-old bachelor has dated a long list of beautiful women, including Krista Allen, Lisa Snowdon, Sarah Larson and Elisabetta Canalis. He and Stacy began dating in August 2011, but the two called it quits just two years later, reportedly because Stacy was anxious to start a family. Stacy denied that, and a well-placed source told The ENQUIRER that they broke up because of Stacy’s fitness obsession.

Stacy has known Jared – the CEO of Future Ads, a private digital media firm he started in 2001 – for over five years. Their friend­ship quickly blossomed into romance when Stacy found herself suddenly single last summer.

“George was aware that Stacy didn’t waste any time finding a new guy after they split up,” the source said, “but it served as an enormous blow to his ego that she could fall out of love with him and in love with someone else so quickly. He was floored when he heard the news.”

[From The National Enquirer]

I could see how the “revenge wedding” storyline could be played, but I think this was more like a shotgun wedding after Stacy got knocked up by the first dude she dated post-Clooney. Now, do I think that Stacy actually did play the breakup really well? Yes, she did. And do I think that Clooney might be a little nostalgic? Sure. But let’s face it – there’s a long line of women in their late 20s/early 30s who would be perfectly willing to hop on the Clooney Train. Especially since the train comes with A) a clothing budget, B) professional stylists at your beck and call, C) lots of media attention, D) vacations at Lake Como and E) some minor work, whatever Clooney can get for you. Ashley Greene, here’s your chance!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sun 16 Mar 2014, 02:00

Facts.

SK is very goodlooking and could have many men.
GC has said he doesn't wish for a family.
JP Is in love with Stacey.
SK and JP are married.

When GC and SK were dating there would have been feelings there....there is in all relationships regardless of whether they are good or bad.

When the TWOrance(2 year romance) ended....lol. there still would have been feelings...who knows whether she did it as revenge or as a feel good act.

She now has good feelings of a man who loves her and a baby on the way..hopefully...she is feeling centred and happy.

GC would also be having regrets...but I rarely have them because when I make decisions I do them on extreme thinking and exploration(I can't think of the word)...etc..

So I would assume he would have done this too..before the ending of the romance.

Example when 911 happened and I had to deal with such a shocking...horrifiying situation and try and process this and my place in the world...the one thing that gave me peace was to be near my child and hold him.

So now SK has a new life and I hope she feels this too.

Everything else (talk) is a few laughs and gossip...to fill and brighten boring days.

iMo

Last edited by NewFanForever on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 10:05; edited 3 times in total

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Mar 2014, 02:28

I love the Enquirer (NOT!) - insiders and sources - never named - probably a staffer with nothing better to do - take it with a whole shaker of salt, not a grain!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Mar 2014, 09:54

Oh I've lived such a sheltered life ! Lol

I've never come across a "revenge wedding" and "shotgun wedding" is now such an outdated phrase.
It sounds so narrow minded in 2014.

Many people get married because they have or expect a child that it isn't even worth commenting on and that's
a good thing. Marriage provides a legal umbrella of protection for the child.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 16 Mar 2014, 11:34

Marriage also provides the father of the child his rights and responsibilities and provides the child with the stability of a two parent home, hopefully. I'm sure we all know single parents who are struggling to rear their children alone. It's a monumental task and too important to the future of the children not to take that responsibility seriously and regardless of the endless speculation, Stacy is doing the right thing and I'm sure for the right reasons.

I think the speculation of these gossip rags is despicable and only designed to enlarge their own personal bank accounts. The truth has nothing to do with it!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 16 Mar 2014, 11:42

Hey, I'm with you Joanna and Lighter.  Marriage is an institution created for the order, protection and preservation of man and even though men corrupt, pervert and abuse it, it is still a good thing.  I say 'Well done, Jared and Stacy' and I hope you both defy the odds and remain happily married for the rest of your lives and raise happy, stable children.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 16 Mar 2014, 11:51

Agreed, and espouse all those principles.

But there are many couples who did the right thing when a pregnancy happened who are not happy. And secondly Mr and Mrs Pobre decided to sell their 'secret' wedding pix to a magazine, but must have known there would be the odd bit of flack as a result..........

I really don't understand why anyone who didn't need to do that would want to take that chance

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 16 Mar 2014, 11:57

Zzzzz Morning All,

It's Sunday...let's make it mischief day....fill it with naughtiness and impishness!

Hang on a minute, when did love day become a wedding....
I haven't seen the article, but maybe someone can check for me....
Was it a wedding at all, did Bride or Groom refer to "our Wedding"

Mmmmmm.... pre-nups are tricky, and Lawyers expensive ask A. Suspect 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre in Beach Wedding   - Page 3 Empty typo

Post by fava Sun 16 Mar 2014, 12:03

I don't think George gives two hoots about Stacy getting married.  Also, IMO (althought many on the poll disagree!) he does have another girlfriend.  Howard Stern stated it on his show like it was a fact--and I suppose he could have read it on-line.  Or maybe her heard it from George or met her over New Years' in Cabo?  Stern also believed George did not give a damn that Stacy got married.

As far as Stacy's dress, the gathers at the belly make an odd design choice even for a flowy dress at a beach wedding. But I am happy for her as I think she wanted kids. Did not think she was right for George, but she is lucky she found someone else so quickly.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 16 Mar 2014, 12:55

party animal - not! wrote:Agreed, and espouse all those principles.

But there are many couples who did the right thing when a pregnancy happened who are not happy. And secondly Mr and Mrs Pobre decided to sell their 'secret' wedding pix to a magazine, but must have known there would be the odd bit of flack as a result..........

I really don't understand why anyone who didn't need to do that would want to take that chance

Yes you are right about that PAN but many more people get married every single day with their chances of having a "happily ever after" down to about 50% these days, just take a look at the divorce rate today. Marriage is a gamble for everyone; people change and grow over the years and not always together or even in the same direction.  Circumstances in our lives change and not everyone gets 45 or 50 years of wedded bliss with or without an incentive other than love to get married in the first place.

But I defintely agree on your point about selling out...that was an unnecessary call for attention which detracts from "their love" rather than compliments it and conflates it with the endless celebrity attention seeking that most of us find less than authentic as motive for getting married in the first place.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Mar 2014, 13:23

Thanks to Henway!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 16 Mar 2014, 14:20

George might have been surprised (who wasn't?), but why would he be hurt? Their relationship was over months before the official breakup, as George had deliberately distanced himself and not included her in any of his 'downtime,' while she apparently saw the writing on the wall and lined up her fallback guy well in advance.

And I doubt GC expects his exes to pine away for him. He's been the ex how many times now?... and always for the same reason. By now, he can do this in his sleep, of which I doubt he's losing any.

To me, all the rumors are tacky and spiteful. They started with the "they haven't had sex in months" comment from an SK insider -- which to me is inexcusable -- and now smack of "I'm sexy and desirable, so the problem is you." (Same thing with EC's "father figure" post-breakup comment.) You'd think SK-P would have considered that Jared can't like being the afterthought in the news about his own wedding, and keep it under the radar enough that it was only about the two of them, and not a comparison story about her famous ex. The fact that she didn't... well, that tells me whose ego was injured.

Let's let SK-P go be married and possibly pregnant, in or out of the public eye (she's obviously not going away quietly), but without any association to how or what George is doing. He severed the link. It's done. We should follow suit.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 16 Mar 2014, 14:31

@W2O4D...AMEN!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Mar 2014, 15:53

@Way2Old - AMEN! from me as well.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next