George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It

+22
Atalante
hathaross
lionheart
Mazy
What Would He Say
Sevens
Carla97
melbert
Butterfly
theminis
Katiedot
Maggy
Nicky80
silly girl
Joanna
Lighterside
it's me
Boshkash
uboru
ktsue2002
Way2Old4Dis
LornaDoone
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 Empty Re: Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It

Post by Donnamarie Wed 19 Nov 2014, 04:04

I think so many quality movies coming out these days fall prey to so much media hype that is almost impossible for a movie to live up to the expectations.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It - Page 2 Empty Re: Monuments Men Discussion for those Who Have Seen It

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 19 Nov 2014, 13:25

Yeah, I think the uneven sound levels are the problem in Interstellar. That's what I've heard, anyway. Not sure I'll see this, so I'll have to take others' word for it.

So, back to an old point... I think the realization about MM was part of George's year of transition. I think if it had done better (not that it did poorly -- it was a success), and August: Osage County had not disappointed, and he wasn't feeling mocked about his private life at the same time, we would have seen at least a longer engagement. Any one of those alone would have been okay, I think. But not all at the same time. I think it drove him inward, and he made a big move coming out of it.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 19 Nov 2014, 14:30

I guess that sound thing is something only people in the industry would notice.  I didn't have any issue with sound whilst watching the film.

Still highly recommend it for how it makes you think about time and family and to what ends would you go to save your family?  Some interesting commentary also on the environment.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 19 Nov 2014, 20:17

Way2Old4Dis wrote:

So, back to an old point... I think the realization about MM was part of George's year of transition. I think if it had done better (not that it did poorly -- it was a success), and August: Osage County had not disappointed, and he wasn't feeling mocked about his private life at the same time, we would have seen at least a longer engagement. Any one of those alone would have been okay, I think. But not all at the same time. I think it drove him inward, and he made a big move coming out of it.
Way2Old, I think this makes a lot of sense. I hadn't considered the timeline or considered the effect the reception of these films might have on his thinking. It sure makes a lot more sense than him being upset that Stacey got knocked up and married.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 04 Dec 2014, 07:04

George said from the beginning that this was not an award type movie, it was a popcorn and candy movie. He had a story he wanted to tell and I think he did it beautifully in the period style it occurred. 
This movie made a lot of people aware of some brave men and women that had been over looked. That's why I bought the DVD so I could watch it again which I have. It's not 100% factual; but enough to maybe get you to read the book and go to the website. 
GREAT JOB GEORGE
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:37

Hi Mazy Hello!
Good to see you posting again. Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Dec 2014, 16:21

So agree, Mazy. Missed you! How are you?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Dec 2014, 23:43

Mazy, Glad you're back. Hope everything's ok.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Thu 04 Dec 2014, 23:56

A few nights ago I watched Monuments Men with my dad who is almost 99 years old and we both enjoyed it and found it a very interesting and well told story. Afterwards dad was keen to relate a few tales about his time in the war which he mostly spent in Malta which was very heavily bombed.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 05 Dec 2014, 00:21

Yes, that's my experience of that generation once they've seen the film. They have many stories to after they've seen the film - and think it is absolutely how it was in terms of atmosphere and all pulling together

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2