George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney talks to Peter Travers EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney talks to Peter Travers

+4
Nicky80
LornaDoone
Joanna
silly girl
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney talks to Peter Travers Empty George Clooney talks to Peter Travers

Post by silly girl Thu 06 Feb 2014, 18:00

This looks like part of a larger interview--here he talks about working with Philip Seymour Hoffman. After I saw this I noticed that Les Frenchies tweeted the same video. I did see it before I saw she posted it....I hate that she makes us feel guilty for using things we can find on our own. Anyway my issue....

Here is the link as I couldn't find an embed button:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney talks to Peter Travers Empty Re: George Clooney talks to Peter Travers

Post by Joanna Thu 06 Feb 2014, 18:27

Very sensitive words from George.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney talks to Peter Travers Empty Re: George Clooney talks to Peter Travers

Post by LornaDoone Thu 06 Feb 2014, 18:55

Transcript for Inside George Clooney's Last Dinner with Philip Seymour Hoffman

[quote]So it was a good basketball players that you mentioned before -- -- that you had played with Philip Seymour Hoffman yes what was. He was athletic fields of really good after he was a really good athlete. That's just yet tell -- -- we were just talking about before the show.

And it's only been a few days and -- Absolutely. -- of course is heartbreaking and you know you hear the -- devastating a lot that the city and somehow reflects as if it's about us -- and it's it's just.

It's something that I can't comprehend really he was. We loved him as a community he was a friend to all of us in this community and he was also this incredible talent. And he was way too young and it was is just it's something that I can't understand I can't comprehend and it just... I think just fills us all with.. and I know you feel some of the same way (I just can't get my head around it) and yet and I and I - it breaks all of our hearts.

I think it's just a... It's it's been difficult because we had to do premiere last night - which is in New York two days after Phil's no longer in new York. And you know I always think of him in this city and it was very hard to - walk a red carpet and talk about, uh, having a good time with the monuments men you know, when, when, there's a whole real world out there that someone had a horrible, horrible time.

Well you worked with him in Ides of March is there like a story you could tell about him.? Just as him as an actor and working with..

Well he's such a great a great actor, he's so instinctive. You know, directing him was, you know, picking and choosing. There wasn't, you know, let me tell you what you should do it was literally going... you turn him loose and he would do, what was so interesting about him, he would give you sort of three choices.

And I would do three takes with him literally every scene we did three takes. In the first scene it would be very quiet very calm.

The second take would be just raging. You know eyes, screaming, and spitting, yelling.

And then he'd do one in between.

And it was so much fun because he gave you options.

Which doesn't often happen, always happen with actors. A lot of times they decided on something and they're gonna do that.

And he was always experimenting. He was always looking. Well let me go push this a little bit and then let me stay completely out of that one.

I found him to be uh, to work with he and Paul Giamatti at the same time was so much fun to have two actors that I have such great respect for it was so much fun to have two actors that I have such great respect for on either side of each other kind of eyeballing one another. It was really fun.

And you could enjoy that as well, that he could laugh at yourself . He was not only intent he got into the character he was playing.

He wasn't, it wasn't sort of manic there was a.. when you said cut, we could go have dinner and it was easy and fun and it was never a... I think he was very happy at that period of time in his life and he seemed to be and I've seen him many times since and we've had dinner in Berlin a few months ago and he uh, seemed to be having a tougher time.

And there's no understanding what goes on in a person' s mind and in their life, uh, that gets them to that place. I'd like to think it wasn't intentional. I'd like to think it was an accident. But what gets you to the point that you have to do that in general is just so, it's just so hard to understand and heartbreaking.

The problem is that there isn't a great lesson to be learned you know, you wish you could go, Well, alright we know the lessons. Don't do drugs. We know all those lessons. There isn't anything good to come out of it.

I can't look at it and go, Well there's something - the good that comes out of it is that we're talking about drug use - we've always talked about drugs. I find this one to just be as pure a tragedy as I know.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 19:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The website transcript pretty much sucked so went back to fill in and fix it.)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 19:45

Thank you SG and Lorna, always difficult to see the point in this when it happens.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 07 Feb 2014, 16:35

I think this might be the whole interview:

thanks to Henway and Maven....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 20:45

Oh can't watch it. Restricted because of my region and couldn't find it on youtube  Sad
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 08 Feb 2014, 13:37

There's a segment titled "What George Clooney
says about dating Judi Dench" at the same site that seems to be a full interview with Peter Travers.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 08 Feb 2014, 23:27

Is it the one above Lizzy?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 08 Feb 2014, 23:57

theminis - Its : abcnews.go.com/ what George Clooney said about dating judi dench

At least that's where I found it. I wish I knew how to post clips like these , but I'm clueless. Sorry.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 09 Feb 2014, 00:18

Ok I watched the one above, and he talks about Phillip Seymour Hoffman, couldn't copy the video here though
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 21:06

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 22 Feb 2014, 21:27

found that
dunno if the same
but maybe a bit clear vid
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 22 Feb 2014, 21:57

This video is already on here somewhere.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 22:00

Yes SG posted the link above, wanted to add the youtube video as I (and maybe others) can not watch the video from the link due to restrictions
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 22 Feb 2014, 22:06

my bad, sorry...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 22:07

No my bad, I could have explained why I posted the video  LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Feb 2014, 22:27

George mentioning the song "Don't Fence Me In" took
me back to my childhood !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 22 Feb 2014, 23:04

Thanks for posting, Nicky. That's the one I saw. I love all the interviews he does with Peter Travers. He's always so relaxed and comfortable with him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down