George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie

+2
Katiedot
silly girl
6 posters

Go down

Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie Empty Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie

Post by silly girl Sat 25 Jan 2014, 01:37

Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie

There’s nothing like the advent of a George Clooney movie to put historical institutions on a war footing. Timed to coincide with the Feb. 7 release of “The Monuments Men,” about the heroics of the soldiers and scholars who chased after European cultural treasures plundered by the Nazis, both the Smithsonian Institution and the National WWII Museum in New Orleans announced new ventures. The New Orleans museum said it would open a permanent gallery about the unit in 2016. It will show, among other things, how the soldiers descended into an Austrian salt mine to recover masterpieces hoarded there by Germans. The exhibition will highlight the recovery of works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Picasso and Leonardo da Vinci and the continuing search for works like Raphael’s “Portrait of a Young Man” and Michelangelo’s marble “Mask of a Faun.” Meanwhile in Washington on Feb. 7, the Smithsonian Institution’s Archives of American Art will open an exhibition called “Monuments Men: On the Frontline to Save Europe’s Art, 1942-1946.” It will showcase the work of the scholars in the original unit, one of whom is played by Mr. Clooney, above right, in a scene from the film with Matt Damon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie Empty Re: Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Jan 2014, 03:30

Fantastic!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie Empty Re: Museums Follow the Call of a Clooney Movie

Post by it's me Sat 25 Jan 2014, 05:37

it's like a big machine is going to move  Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 09:30

Really good news. It´s amazing how in those days painters were so productive and just look at the results (compared to some contemporary art today)...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 25 Jan 2014, 14:26

they and people of their studios
so to say

(bottega was the right name, I think)

I guess sadly art was taken in a different count
those days

am I wrong?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 25 Jan 2014, 14:45

Great, great PR........!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:34

It really amazes me how much that has come about because of George and Grants movie. Can you imagine the aftermath of the movie, it is very exciting and it's almost here.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down