George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
January Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

January Chit Chat

+17
Carla97
it's me
Joanna
party animal - not!
Lighterside
theminis
melbert
LornaDoone
Katiedot
Nicky80
Maggy
pattygirl
Lakin460
amaretti
silly girl
fava
What Would He Say
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

January Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: January Chit Chat

Post by Carla97 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 20:12

Yes Nicky, it´s crazy and doesn´t feel like winter at all. Sun is shining and grasses are green like it is April. I left winter wonderland behind and I already miss it. It´s going to be long spring...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 06 Jan 2014, 22:54

Something definitely kooky with our weather system in the US and Europe and even Aus. By now I should be sweltering in the heat, days and days of hot weather but no, its like winter again. A bit of sun every now and then but yesterday it was 14 degrees (that's just ridiculous for an Aussie summer). For some reason no-one has told my state that its summer yet.

Feel for all you guys with ice falling off your homes (SG) - take care, rug up, put the fire on and a George Clooney movie and go into hibernation until the weather improves.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Jan 2014, 00:02

the hibernation idea is really good!  Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Jan 2014, 23:16

dunno where to put it but
enjoy!

Martin Scorsese to his daughter

http://espresso.repubblica.it/visioni/2014/01/02/news/martin-scorsese-a-letter-to-my-daughter-1.147512
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 07 Jan 2014, 23:35

That is lovely, IM. Great find!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 08 Jan 2014, 06:23

thank you
Very Happy
I find it interesting
no more big cinemas?
in Italy all little are closing
but most bec of changing technology
too expensive for most

the light part is sweet!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 08 Jan 2014, 07:39

Wise words.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 09 Jan 2014, 11:48

Girls, if you do nothing else for yourselves today, make time to go to www.laineygossip.com and read the transcripts of Meryl Streep's and Emma Thompson's speeches at the National Board of Review.

Wonderful

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 09 Jan 2014, 12:06

Well Can´t concentrate on work... so thanks for the tip Party.

I don´t know about you guys but I took my christmas tree down. Neighbor had said he´ll dispose it. But my visitor (who I rented the chalet from) was dropping something off for my son and wanted to take care of it.

First the little one (yes, I had two, I´m christmas crazy! and I was away most of the time, so both trees were really dry and dead as they can be). Well, guy from neighbor came when he saw the first tree was carried out. He would dispose the bigger one.

I couldn´t believe it, they laid the tree down on my living room and were arguing about who gets to have it. All needles coming off on my floor!!! I tried to grab it and they both were like NO don´t you touch it! Hello! Who brought it in and set it up? ME! How many men do I need to get it out?

Then the neighbor asked if he has been to the army? As he had recently been in some formation d'appoint armée what ever it is... And my new acquaintance said yes, but not because he is patriotic. Then why? He was busted in a raid and sent to army. Bad luck? Yes he said it was bad luck because 2nd Chechen War was going on. So you have seen the world? He said "I have seen enough".

I had to sit down, my life had just taken an exciting turn. Neighbor said I possibly had OMON man taken my christmas tree out. From the russian army to my living room...miracles. Talking about many miracles...

Whatever special skills in life and instincts he used to survive the army horror zone, those are still working today. And he is right about me...
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Jan 2014, 20:27

Sorry.....didn't quite know where to pop this !

http://www.zimbio.com/Awards+Season+2014/articles/LSPib2oTW6j/Ellen+Degeneres+Cutest+Tuxedo+Wearer+Hollywood

Ellen Degeneres Is the Cutest Tuxedo-Wearer in Hollywood
By Jill Slattery on January 8, 2014

Awards season has officially begun!

The good people of the Academy released the first official posters for the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards on Wedesday.
The March 2 shindig will be hosted by everyone's favorite dancing talk show hot Ellen Degeneres, who seems totally thrilled to be headlining the Oscars again (she previously hosted in 2007).

"Look at me! I'm gonna host the #Oscars," DeGeneres tweeted on Wednesday. "I'd like to thank The Academy. Seriously. Thank you," the comedienne added.

The 2014 Oscars posters feature Degeneres looking totally dapper in a natty tuxedo, which prompted us to wonder — is Ellen the cutest tuxedo-wearer in Hollywood? Let's examine the evidence:

There is a picture of George here.....

Ellen vs. George Clooney
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 09 Jan 2014, 20:52

Joanna wrote:Sorry.....didn't quite know where to pop this !

http://www.zimbio.com/Awards+Season+2014/articles/LSPib2oTW6j/Ellen+Degeneres+Cutest+Tuxedo+Wearer+Hollywood

Ellen Degeneres Is the Cutest Tuxedo-Wearer in Hollywood
By Jill Slattery on January 8, 2014

Awards season has officially begun!

The good people of the Academy released the first official posters for the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards on Wedesday.
The March 2 shindig will be hosted by everyone's favorite dancing talk show hot Ellen Degeneres, who seems totally thrilled to be headlining the Oscars again (she previously hosted in 2007).

"Look at me! I'm gonna host the #Oscars," DeGeneres tweeted on Wednesday. "I'd like to thank The Academy. Seriously. Thank you," the comedienne added.

The 2014 Oscars posters feature Degeneres looking totally dapper in a natty tuxedo, which prompted us to wonder — is Ellen the cutest tuxedo-wearer in Hollywood? Let's examine the evidence:

There is a picture of George here.....

Ellen vs. George Clooney

January Chit Chat - Page 2 RIWOYmG07XXl

January Chit Chat - Page 2 9r6euOOw4IFl
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Jan 2014, 20:56

Oh well done Lorna.....thanks.  Thumbs up! 

Ellen will be thrilled if George is there !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 09 Jan 2014, 21:43

I like George in the Tuxedo I like it even more that he has two pens in his hands to sign autographs  cokesniff 

But call me old fashion, I don't like woman in Tuxedo. Of course it looks good on women but why looking like a men if you can be pretty and show what you got  lip smack
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 Jan 2014, 22:23

It's for the Oscar's Publicity Poster Nicky.....the Oscars are always associated with a tux.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Jan 2014, 22:29

she is sweet
and makes me think at Twitty!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 10 Jan 2014, 01:00

Nicky80 wrote:: But call me old fashion, I don't like woman in Tuxedo. Of course it looks good on women but why looking like a men if you can be pretty and show what you got  lip smack

Ellen has stated many times that she doesn't wear dresses. She wore a white tux for her wedding with Portia. Portia's dress was a beautiful light pink.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 10 Jan 2014, 07:37

Melbert, she wore a tux and a man´s dress was beautiful light pink? I don´t understand- happened in a movie?  Shocked 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 10 Jan 2014, 07:49

When Ellen got married to Portia (they are both female), Ellen wore a tux and Portia wore a dress.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 10 Jan 2014, 07:53

oh, ok, Well I could tell Ellen is a female but don´t know Portia. Then it makes sense.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:37

They are lesbians and when California opened up to same-sex marriage the first time, they got married.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 10 Jan 2014, 15:25

This interweb thingy never ceases to amaze me !

I just had an email regarding online billing for cable and wifi, showing an account number and amount owing,
from a company called Rogers.com in Toronto !!
Obviously me being in UK it's not mine.

I didn't access the company via the email link but found it via Google and went onto their customer service section.
I had a live chat with someone called Natasha and she eventually closed the account saying someone must have entered the email address incorrectly.
She even gave me a session ID number for future reference.
All cleared up in ten minutes.....across the pond.

Wonderful this technology !!!
 Sofa bounce 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 10 Jan 2014, 19:00

Joanna wrote:It's for the Oscar's Publicity Poster Nicky.....the Oscars are always associated with a tux.

As most hosts were men that is almost correct.  Anne Hathaway wore a black gown in her promos so a "tux" itself would not necessarily be the requirement for the Oscar poster.

I think it's more that Ellen, being gay and ALWAYS wearing slacks, would not choose to wear a gown and respecting that, they would not ask her to do so.  That's just my observation based on what I've noted about Ellen and her attire over the years.

January Chit Chat - Page 2 6a00d8341c51c053ef0147e212ac89970b-450wi
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 11 Jan 2014, 00:31

Well gotta say out of all the customer service people I have had to ring during my day to day life Apple Support are the absolute best by far. I waited all of 3 seconds for someone to answer the call, they were polite, and best of all they understood that Im a bit of a TFU (technical F..k up) and talked me through how to reconfigure my kids Ipads so that they don't get all the info from Mummys Ipod. They have been listening to blurred lines and my 4 year old was walking around the house singing "Youre the hottest bitch in this place" YIKES. So being that everything I tried didn't work, thank god for the patient Apple support person who sorted it all out for me. So far Ive had to spend an additional $100 downloading apps they will need for school - not loving that, but the kids are exploring and learning which is good.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 11 Jan 2014, 04:29

OMG!  You need to be carrying a video camera around and capturing this stuff!  The thought of you 4 year old sing "You're the hottest bitch in this place" must have been hysterical.

Oh wait.  Nevermind.  Someone posted a video online of a toddler cursing up a blue streak in the video and child services ended up taking all the kids out of the household and putting them in protective custody.

But good for you getting the apps you need to lock them out of stuff they shouldn't be accessing!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 11 Jan 2014, 08:47

Theminis I got to agree with you about apple customer service. Swisscom is really good too.

I don´t know if you have seen or heard about this...

Lately in the head banner (on this site) there has been an annoying ad

"1 rule of a flat stomach: Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by using this 1 weird old tip."

Okay, maybe this is really targeted just for me, but why and how Question 

Hmmm, then I found this info

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/laptops/1304566/apple-macbook-webcam-leds-can-be-hacked-to-secretly-spy-on-owners

I´m sure there are many applications and programs you can buy to prevent anyone spying on you via your apple.

I can think of cheaper and foolproof solution. Put a piece of duck tape (I´d use black one to make sure) on your mac´s camera (little spot up and middle of the border of the screen). It will switch off lights even in Moscow. Voilà!  Thumbs up! 

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 11 Jan 2014, 10:53

Useful information Carla.

Adblock is very good for blocking adverts on laptops
or PC's.
There are separate ones for Windows and Macs.
Free too !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 11 Jan 2014, 21:51

For those of you in the US there is a show called Shark Tank where entrepreneurs come in and pitch to billionaires their company / product ideas to get funding.

Last night a guy came on with a solution to that webcam spying issue.

He didn't get a deal cause just as you said, a piece of duct tape would do the same thing but it was surprising to hear how prevalent this issue really is.

Their website blog has some interesting info about the issue.

http://eyebloc.com/blogs/eyebloc-news

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 11 Jan 2014, 22:55

Good tips everyone
It has been explained to my 4 year old that just because those words are in a song doesn't mean he is allowed to sing them. So now he has changed the word to CHICK and goes around singing Youre the hottest chick in this place - I can live with that. His new favourite song is Don't You Worry Child and follows his big sister around until she plays it on her ipad for him.

Regarding the spying Carla are you saying that someone can access the camera function of my childs ipad to spy on them?? Frightening. Ive already turned off all the location tabs on their various devices but its not as if they post photos on any sites yet. But I know that you can be tracked via posting photos if you don't disable that function. Its a scary world out there...

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 12 Jan 2014, 00:56

good advice this too!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 12 Jan 2014, 11:03

Theminis good that you have turned off all the location tabs. And yes it is possible to set the camera on without you or them noticing it.

Much more alarming thing is skype, if your kids are using it. What happened here was that one evening I came home, babysitter reading magazine downstairs and my son with his friends upstairs playing minecraft, multiple game. I heard a man´s voice talking to them, not just a young man´s voice but really I´d say 40-50 years old at least.

I asked babysitter who´s there. No one just them and someone in skype. Great. I run upstairs to ask boys "Who the f... is there?" I saw green light on a screen turned red right after he heard my voice, speakers were on.

Well, it was someone that had collected boys skypes and asked their pictures, to turn video mode on etc. he and his friend had been giving them points/gifts what ever more advanced player can give in this virtual world...

Ok, adult men can play minecraft, but why would they want to interact with 10 years olds? As a result I didn´t let my son to play for a month and he had to change his skype. He is not anywhere in the net by his own name or picture. But with chosen character and name. Unfortunately sports clubs put kids pictures on the net, competition results have pictures etc. so you can´t avoid it completely.

Something to think about if your kids are using skype and playing online games. Watch like a hawk what they are doing!
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 12 Jan 2014, 12:28

Thanks Carla for the tips
They do not use Skype or facetime - I have disabled those. I wont let them use imessages either. Trying to keep these ipads strictly for school, but realistically I know that its unfair to give them such a device and not let them have fun, so I have downloaded 2 games each, none are online or multiplayer. Ive tried everything I can think of to stop them downloading anything including apps without my password. My 8 year old is a bit more savvy, my daughter thinks she has a giant ipod/Nintendo ds in her hands and is not aware (luckily) of the power she holds in her little hands - hoping to keep it that way...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:09

Just a quick shout hello. I can no longer access OH from work & we live in the country on the fringe of wifi reception, so home computer often is so creeping slow, I just don't bother. Managed to post on one game & then got fed up it took so long to navigate the threads (sorry mel, Jo, playful & others I love to play with).

Just didn't want you a thinking I'd bailed. Miss the banter, miss the witty commentary. Hope I find a solution to this soon! Luv ya!
LakeyPoo
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 12 Jan 2014, 18:24

Hello, LakeyPoo!

Well, this doesn't sound like a bundle of laughs at all, does it? Really miss your wit.

How can we help? Maybe have a chat with the boss??

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 12 Jan 2014, 19:31

Lakin460 wrote:Just a quick shout hello. I can no longer access OH from work & we live in the country on the fringe of wifi reception, so home computer often is so creeping slow, I just don't bother. Managed to post on one game & then got fed up it took so long to navigate the threads (sorry mel, Jo, playful & others I love to play with).

Just didn't want you a thinking I'd bailed. Miss the banter, miss the witty commentary. Hope I find a solution to this soon!  Luv ya!
LakeyPoo

Hi Lakin,

Have you tried Dish network satellite internet. It's high speed internet for the boonies.

I have Dish and i hear the commercial for that constantly but don't need it where I'm located.

Just a thought, Don't know how much it costs though.

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/internet-phone/satellite-internet/
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 12 Jan 2014, 23:20

Hi Lakin
Well that explains your absence, do whatever and all that is necessary so that we can enjoy your posting. Im with PAN we can petition your boss!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 12 Jan 2014, 23:29

See the dark orange bit on the map (that's very very close to where I live) yikes temp to soar to 45 this week beginning today with temperature of 35 (and my damn pool is still not ready!!)
I do have airconditioning though so not all bad - going to shops now to buy a sprinkler so I can soak the kids and to stock up on ventolin for my son... I was bitching last week about not having an Aussie Summer so someone heard me!!

Im going to melt!

January Chit Chat - Page 2 Heatwa10
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sun 12 Jan 2014, 23:37

Oh you guys are the absolute best! We have Verizon wifi bundled with our cells so switching isn't really an option. Even Hughesnet, reknown for remote access wifi, does not offer a boost for us. My bf says we're so far out, even God can't find us. I vehemently disagree on principle (& Scripture) but his point is well taken. We have no neighbors. It's beautiful out here. I live in an amazing log home, lest you think I'm some 'varmint' down & outter. Far from it. But tHe advantages of country life FAR outweigh the disadvantages. Disconnectivity IS one of those disadvantages. Hey, I'll find a way to you's guys! How can I stay away?? I've grown accustomed to your smiles. : )
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 13 Jan 2014, 08:42

Right back at you Lakin xx
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 13:31

Well I don't know what's going on, but all of a sudden, today I can navigate all over this site. Ok, fess up....who called my boss?

I just discovered this and am sharing for you pluviophiles out there. It's SO relaxing. I have it playing in the background as I'm working. Love it! Hope some of you do, too!

http://www.rainymood.com/

Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 13:46

Lakin460 wrote:Well I don't know what's going on, but all of a sudden, today I can navigate all over this site.  Ok, fess up....who called my boss?

I just discovered this and am sharing for you pluviophiles out there. It's SO relaxing.  I have it playing in the background as I'm working.  Love it!  Hope some of you do, too!

http://www.rainymood.com/

OMG!  It gets better!  On their site they have tweets and they combine the rain with piano music with a fireplace, etc.  IT IS SO COOL!!!!!
Liking my job more now!!! Feels downright cozy in my office!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 15 Jan 2014, 13:49

Yay for you Lakin, maybe someone did whisper in your bosses ear? Will check your link out ASAP, need some calming music at the mo
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 15 Jan 2014, 13:58

Okay your link is awesome Lakin - last night after top temp of 44 (111 for you US ladies) we had major thunder and lightning but little rain - sounds just like your app.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 14:16

and the hits just keep coming.....they have a RainyMood + Gravity soundtrack!
http://www.rainymood.com/watch?v=Daiz6iqSIE0
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 15 Jan 2014, 14:26

Now that's a good combo -very relaxing so I'll be off to bed now - its 1.30am - ciao
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 15 Jan 2014, 16:53

Had to turn it off, keeps making me run to bathroom. Don't need the constant inspiration. Sounds really nice, though.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 17:00

Yeah, it's relaxing for a while, but then I need a change in the weather to sunny and silent.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 15 Jan 2014, 17:34

Well, of course it was me, Lakin - telling him what a great job you were doing, and how helpful this site would be to your soul and well being and how much more productive it would make you in your workplace on a day-to-day basis............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 18:45

Oh course! I knew it was you, PAN! and thank you very much!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 19:56

Thanks for the link, it took me where it said, but after that gave me just "meditation lausanne"? And right it is!

As for the internet connection...I´m just about to plug out for couple of days. Une merveilleuse idée cheers  sunny 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 15 Jan 2014, 23:54

http://www.rainymood.com

amazing! thanks I love it Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down