George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue)

+24
Mazy
melbert
Dior
LornaDoone
Olguncha
Joanna
Butterfly
it's me
mel01
Carla97
party animal - not!
amaretti
playfuldeb
chiki
Katiedot
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
Atalante
GiGi
silly girl
Nicky80
Lakin460
theminis
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) Empty George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue)

Post by theminis Tue 26 Nov 2013, 19:45

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) Empty Re: George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue)

Post by Carla97 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 19:58

Oh yes he looks GOOOOOOD
but you see polka dots?
I see dalmatians, you know 101 dalmatians, Disney movie!Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue) Empty Re: George Clooney on the cover of W Magazine (The Art Issue)

Post by it's me Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:07

well....

did they pay you for wearing that
baby?

hope enough tongue 

tell me
the title is?
and about what??

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:09

oh I got it!
it's about a magician!! Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This issue is about Art, that's about all I know...Now whether George dressed like that can be considered art? is another debate
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:16

so tell me
pl
what art piece inspired that?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:21

theminis, I love you. Thanks SO much for taking the time to post the link's picture. big smoochie to you!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:52

Nice, it is something different.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:54

Wow! Still looking good!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:55

Face looks nice but not sure about the outfit Wink

Do you think the outfit was photoshopped on him?

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:58

Unusual & eye-catching.
Contemporary pop-art photography with polka-dot camouflage.
Nice contrasts.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Tue 26 Nov 2013, 21:28

How many Dalmatians lost their hide for that? cat cat cat Evil or Very Mad 
Cruella De Vil 2.0
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 26 Nov 2013, 22:24

his face it's the only meaning of it
to me

Give hearts 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 26 Nov 2013, 22:35

thanks to French friends again!
take a look Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 26 Nov 2013, 22:52

alien Fricking GAY that !!!pointing 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 26 Nov 2013, 22:58

Atalante - seriously enough of that crap already

Looks like its the December 2013 issue - may get me a copy

SG - yeah it does look a little photoshopped, perhaps no-one is making polka dotted suits for obvious reasons!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 26 Nov 2013, 23:03

Well it's "W" ....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:06

theminis - George dressed in anything (or better yet, nothing) can be considered art! And yes, someone went polka-dot crazy with photoshop. If he'd really posed in a suit like that he'd have gone blind!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:24

LizzyNY wholeheartedly agree with you - He would have gone blind, Im seeing things if I stare at the pic for too long...I do like it as its so different from how we usually see him.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 27 Nov 2013, 01:02

Possible artist:

Preview: George Clooney Gets the Kusama Polka Dot Treatment (Or So It Appears) for W’s Art Issue

Here's a preview of W's December/January Art Issue cover, featuring George Clooney. After the snapshot above appeared on PopDuJour's Instagram (the proprietor, Ahmad-Ali Swaid, runs a blog by the same name and oversees social media for GARAGE), it was immediately posted to the forums. That was three days ago. No other photographs or scans of the magazine have surfaced on the Internet since.

For the publication's Art Issue, W typically collaborates with contemporary artists on conceptual celebrity covers (one of the most notorious examples: for the November 2010 issue, Kim Kardashian appeared on the cover fully naked except for three strategically placed Barbara Kruger text banners). Although the fashion glossy has not yet released the name of the artist who collaborated with W on Clooney's cover, it is most likely Yayoi Kusama, who is known for her distinctive bright polka dots. The Japanese artist has often incorporated clothing design and runway shows as part of her artistic practice; in 2012 she collaborated on a collection with Louis Vuitton.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 27 Nov 2013, 02:21

Good find Silly girl thanks
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Nov 2013, 02:59

I'll go against the flow and say that while I like the polka dot suit and shirt, I don't think George is looking all that good. Not his best picture IMO.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 27 Nov 2013, 03:32

I agree, not his best picture, but I don't think the polka dots help. Take them away and the picture isn't that bad. Still, something is better than nothing, IMHO.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 27 Nov 2013, 05:48

interesting procedure ....

I like his face lip smack 
way more than those polka dots composit geek 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 07:50

It´s not the dalmatian spots
it´s too black and white.
He is not black and white...
sunny 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Wed 27 Nov 2013, 17:03

Katiedot wrote:I'll go against the flow and say that while I like the polka dot suit and shirt, I don't think George is looking all that good.  Not his best picture IMO.
I agree too..... I love George, but I think I need special glasses for this pic.
Put three flounces and a carnation on the suit and he could be a "bailaor flamenco" Very Happy

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 29 Nov 2013, 07:48

I have to agree with Atalante. When I first saw that cover the first thing that flashed thru my mind was Elton John or Liberace. That is possibly the worst magazine cover I have ever seen George in.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:31

Liberace! Shocked 

...oh my! Rolling Eyes 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:24

Sometimes he goes very hairy for covers . He he heeee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 29 Nov 2013, 17:37

Waldo!
was it you??? cyclops
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 29 Nov 2013, 18:47

It looks to me as if someone has done a polka dot doll cover and cut out another photograph of His Nibs' head and stuck it on. And then added a touch of Robbie Williams to the hair..........but I know nothing about photography, art or otherwise

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 22:00

Maintenant que j'y pense...either he is starting to look like Robbie Wlliams (go gentle vid) or Robbie Williams is starting to look like him.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 23:48

Yuck, that is not good art, no matter what. Only thing nice about the cover is George..

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 30 Nov 2013, 00:03

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 30 Nov 2013, 10:17

My first impression about the cover was negative. This is why I didn't comment so far... I am usually silent when I dislike something. I don't like to hurt anybody's feelings.

This is simply not George I love. Not my George. Sad There is something dark about the message of that picture, and George's facial expression confirms that. I feel like something bad is about to happen No and I don't feel comfortable at all watching him in this edition. Sad 

I doubt George wanted to present himself like this. I'd say he is playing some kind of role. Putting this picture into context would require reading the article inside the magazine. Has anyone done that? What's the article about?
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 30 Nov 2013, 12:41

A bit of information here....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Olguncha Sun 01 Dec 2013, 16:56

George is somewhere inside. Dots overdosing for me.

Olguncha
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:02

Olguncha wrote:George is somewhere inside. Dots overdosing for me.
I like this picture better but his head does look like it's photoshopped on. I think if it is real (i.e. that George posed) then those dots are seriously distorting his head placement.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:11

Oooooo.....headache inducing picture !

Come on you ladies with inside knowledge....
Are those really George's hands and fingers ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:31

Carla97 wrote:Maintenant que j'y pense...either he is starting to look like Robbie Wlliams (go gentle vid) or Robbie Williams is starting to look like him.
You are right, the last time I saw Robbie Williams on TV he looked like a George Clooney double, what happened to him?
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:35

yes, they are his hands and fingers!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:36

How do you know, melbi?
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:38

Twisted Evil 
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:45

Aha.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 01 Dec 2013, 17:47

Run for the hills 
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 01 Dec 2013, 18:05

Dior wrote:
Carla97 wrote:Maintenant que j'y pense...either he is starting to look like Robbie Wlliams (go gentle vid) or Robbie Williams is starting to look like him.
You are right, the last time I saw Robbie Williams on TV he looked like a George Clooney double, what happened to him?
He swings both ways Laughing 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 01 Dec 2013, 18:34

Olguncha wrote:George is somewhere inside. Dots overdosing for me.
Thanks Olguncha, copy the pic below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 01 Dec 2013, 19:24

Lost in a three dimensional vision of polka dots.
Only his socks, part of his shirt, sleeve and pants have
not been touched over.

Focus is on face & hands.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 01 Dec 2013, 19:37

Well, that's mostly where I focus! hahahaha
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Dec 2013, 20:32

almost camouflaging .... so strange scratch 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next