George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival

+7
What Would He Say
Nicky80
party animal - not!
ktsue2002
it's me
silly girl
11 posters

Go down

George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   Empty George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival

Post by silly girl Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:14

George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival

The Berlin Film Festival has added George Clooney‘s The Monuments Men to its official program. This is the second film announced by the fest which kicks off on February 6th. Both Monuments Men and the recently-announced Berlin opener The Grand Budapest Hotel were shot in Germany. This will be the international premiere of Monuments Men, which is based on a true story and focuses on an unlikely World War II platoon, tasked by the Allies with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. The subject is especially timely given that just this week, 1,500 works of art were discovered in a Munich apartment, allegedly including masterpieces by Marc Chagall, Max Liebermann, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Oskar Kokoschka, Edvard Munch, Emil Nolde and Albrecht Dürer. “Over five million cultural assets stolen by the Nazis were returned to their countries of origin in the years following World War II. As the recent discovery in Munich demonstrates, the art theft of that time is as current as ever. The Monuments Men finally gives this little-known subject a worldwide audience,” said festival director Dieter Kosslick. This is Clooney’s second directorial appearance in the official program after 2003′s Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind. Clooney also co-wrote, produced and stars in the movie with Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Jean Dujardin, Bob Balaban, Hugh Bonneville and Cate Blanchett. The Monuments Men shot at Studio Babelsberg and Berlin, among other locations. 20th Century Fox, which has international rights, will release The Monuments Men in Germany on February 20th, 2014. Sony releases in the U.S. on February 7th.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   Empty Re: George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival

Post by it's me Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:31

olè !
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   Empty Re: George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 13:36

How wonderful is that!
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Nov 2013, 14:17

Ooh, I wondered if they'd do that!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Nov 2013, 14:32

And I note that all the articles on this announcement, including the Hollywood Reporter, are datelined London, so that's where the organisers are - may explain Our Chap's presence

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 14:45

OMG

" This will be the international premiere of Monuments Men" so exited to know it will be Berlin. Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo

Will be crazy busy and too many people as it is the film festival called "Berlinale" but who cares. I'm so going cheers cheers cheers cheers 

I'm so excited right now.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 14:48

Here si the offical website of the film festival Berlinale

Additional Information
Nov 08, 2013:

The Monuments Men in the Official Programme of the 64th Berlinale

The international premiere of George Clooney’s dramatic adventure The Monuments Men will be presented in the official programme of the 64th Berlin International Film Festival.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

© 2013 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. and Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved. George Clooney on the film set of The Monuments Men

“Over five million cultural assets stolen by the Nazis were returned to their countries of origin in the years following World War II. As the recent discovery in Munich demonstrates, the art theft of that time is as current as ever. The Monuments Men finally gives this little-known subject a worldwide audience,” says Berlinale Director Dieter Kosslick.

Still missing are thousands and thousands of cultural assets and documents worth billions of dollars. The Monuments Men touches on a subject matter that re-surfaced with the discovery of 1,400 works of art in a Munich apartment. The collection of found objects allegedly includes masterpieces by Marc Chagall, Max Liebermann, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Oskar Kokoschka, Edvard Munch, Emil Nolde and Albrecht Dürer.

A German-American co-production, The Monuments Men is based on a true story and focuses on an unlikely World War II platoon, tasked by the Allies with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. It would be an impossible mission: with the art trapped behind enemy lines, and with the German army under orders to destroy everything as the Reich fell, how could these guys – seven museum directors, curators, and art historians, all more familiar with Michelangelo than the M-1 gun – possibly hope to succeed? But as the Monuments Men, as they were called, found themselves in a race against time to avoid the destruction of 1000 years of culture, they would risk their lives to protect and defend mankind’s greatest achievements.

Two-time Academy Award winner George Clooney has been a frequent guest of the Berlinale as a producer, actor and director. The Monuments Men will be his second directorial appearance in the official programme after Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (Berlinale 2003).

Director, screenwriter, producer and actor George Clooney assembled a high-calibre ensemble for The Monuments Men: Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Jean Dujardin, Bob Balaban, Hugh Bonneville and Cate Blanchett. The screenplay is written by George Clooney and Grant Heslov, who as screenwriters have twice been nominated for an Academy Award. The film is based on the book by Robert M. Edsel with Bret Witter, and is produced by Grant Heslov and George Clooney, who won last year’s Oscar for Best Picture (Argo).

The Monuments Men is a co-production by Obelisk Productions Limited and Studio Babelsberg. Shooting took place at Studio Babelsberg, in the Goslar region and in Berlin, among other locations.

20th Century Fox, who has international rights, will release The Monuments Men in Germany on February 20, 2014. Sony has the US rights and will release the film on February 7.

Press Office

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 15:05; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Fri 08 Nov 2013, 15:01

What an amazing photo in your link, Nicky!

If it'll be shown at the Berlin Int film festival, then suffice it to assume that its release shouldn't be postponed much later than that.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 15:12

Yep I like the pic too Very Happy 

So the Berlinale will be from the 6.-16. February. I'm not sure what date George and co will walk the red carpet but I guess it will be maybe the first day to do the opening? Just guessing now. I need to know when to go cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 15:21

Ok I answered my own question. If sony release the movie on the 7th Feb in the US as stated in the artical above then they must do the opening on the 6th February.

Can you tell I'm exited. I need to go offline for a moment LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 08 Nov 2013, 15:50

do they recreate THAT?????

last supper

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Nov 2013, 16:03

IM, where are those photos from tripadvisor from?

They must have recreated it in the derelict cathedral they used for filming, but I'm just trying to remember which bombed Cathedral it was in originally. Will check the book

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 08 Nov 2013, 21:51

found searching 'last supper Milano'

it was AMMMMAZING ! WOW! affraid 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 21:01

In this artical they revealed who does the opening film at the Berlinale and it is NOT MM. Interesting...I thought they would.

George Clooney returns to the capital

The shooting of his art thriller "Monuments Men," has finished in Berlin. Soon, the superstar returns - early February, the film celebrates its premiere at the Berlinale.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He resided at Soho House, held a chat in Chorin street and ate at the Grill Royal and Bocca di Bacco or dinner. With a little luck and open eyes and ears, it was for fans easy for George Clooney to experience live: For the filming of his movie "Monuments Men - Unusual hero" was the Hollywood star six months in Berlin before the camera and the city held its breath .

The Clooneymanie has barely settled , since the actor is already back to Berlin : The Berlin Decision of 6 to 16 February celebrates the arts thriller " Monuments Men - Unusual hero " premiere , in which Clooney not only participates as an actor but as a director , screenwriter and producer operates.

The film is the end of the Second World War, and tells the true story of a team of art historians and museum curators bring important works of art in safety from the Nazis.

Rotated at over 40 locations in and around Berlin

Besides Clooney , Matt Damon , Bill Murray, Oscar winner Jean Dujardin, Cate Blanchett and John Goodman are seen in the film. Was filmed in collaboration with Studio Babelsberg , a total of more than 40 locations in Berlin, Brandenburg , Lower Saxony and Saxony- Anhalt.

"We have once again shown the realization of this film with such excellent actors and producers that big Hollywood productions can be implemented in Germany ," said Christopher Fiss , Director of the Babelsberg Studios , " We congratulate George Clooney and his producing partner Grant Heslov with all heart and look forward to an exciting Berlinale 2014. "

Exciting likely the 64th International Film Festival for fans of Hollywood are all Beaus : besides Clooney are also Jew Law , Ralph Fiennes , Jeff Goldblum , Owen Wilson and Adrien Brody expected to play in the opening film " Grand Hotel Budapest " by Wes Anderson.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 12 Nov 2013, 10:52

Just a thought .... Doesn't London always have a Royal prem around end Feb/March ... Considering storyline it would be nice .... I will write to Mam immediately !
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   Empty Clooney Nazi Art Thriller Due At Berlin Film Fest, Organisers

Post by Mazy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 04:40

Clooney Nazi Art Thriller Due At Berlin Film Fest, Organisers

Oscar winner George Clooney will present his Nazi-era art thriller "The Monuments Men" at the Berlin film festival in February against the backdrop of a new real-life drama surrounding looted masterpieces, organisers said Friday.

Clooney is due on the red carpet of the 64th annual event running February 6-16 to show his new movie, based on the true story of a US platoon charged with rescuing priceless artworks from the Nazis during World War II.

The announcement dovetails with revelations this week that an elderly recluse in the southern German city of Munich hid a stash of more than 1,400 artworks believed stolen by the Nazis in his garbage-strewn flat for decades.

The paintings, sketches and prints include priceless works by Picasso, Matisse and Chagall thought lost forever that may have been taken from Jewish collectors, extracted from them under duress for a pittance or seized from museums as part of a Nazi crackdown on modernist "degenerate" art.

"Over five million cultural assets stolen by the Nazis were returned to their countries of origin in the years following World War II," festival director Dieter Kosslick said in a statement.

"As the recent discovery in Munich demonstrates, the art theft of that time is as current as ever. 'The Monuments Men' finally gives this little-known subject a worldwide audience."

The unit portrayed in the film, comprised of seven museum directors, curators, and art historians, was tasked by the Allies with recovering masterpieces behind enemy lines and returning them to their rightful owners.

Clooney directed and co-wrote the film and assembled a cast including Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett and John Goodman. It was filmed in Germany and is due to come out in the United States on February 7.

Organisers of the festival known as the Berlinale announced Tuesday that an all-star romp by US director Wes Anderson, "The Grand Budapest Hotel", would open the event on February 6.

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s ‘The Monuments Men’ Gets Berth At Berlin Film Festival   Empty George Clooney’s “The Monuments Men,” to play at Berlin Film Festival

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:24

Berlin Film Festival Reveals Further Competition Pix

The Berlin Film Festival has revealed further titles for its Competition section, as well as pics in its Berlinale Special lineup.

As well as two previously announced titles, George Clooney’s “The Monuments Men,” which plays out of competition, and the fest opener, Wes Anderson’s “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” the Berlinale has revealed five other Competition section titles.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:48

Feb 16
right?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Wed 18 Dec 2013, 14:34

Berlinale is on from Feb 6 - 16.

BAFTAS are on in London on Feb 16.
Guess no reason for GC to go to London then if not nominated.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 18 Dec 2013, 17:55

Maybe this thread can be merged with that one below?

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 18 Dec 2013, 18:01

And maybe this one too?

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 19 Dec 2013, 03:16

Done and done! Thanks Nicky.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 19 Dec 2013, 06:58

I swear everytime I see this thread I keep on reading Men gives birth (best get my eyes checked I think).
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 19 Dec 2013, 07:05

LOL! Well, I guess in effect George has given birth to this film.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 19 Dec 2013, 07:41

HA very true
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 19 Dec 2013, 10:37

You are not the only one theminis. That word berth is very confusing for me too LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 15:48

Don't know where else to pu it as i have no link or photos. Just writing from my phone.But George is now in Berlin. I walked into Gio today near the Berlinale. Of course i recognised him but he didn't recognised me HAHA. Berlin is small.I'm excited for tomorrow.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 07 Feb 2014, 15:55

Wow I didn't realize you were that close Nicky....so is Gio nice?

Oh I posted an article in a new thread... bild tweeted the story....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 16:56

Yes gio is nice i said hi as an reflex and he said hi too but of course he was surprised as i am a stranger to him he was smoking an electric cigarret looked funny he was with two other men from the berlinale organisers checking out the area from the berlinale thnks for posting the artixle just saw that
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Feb 2014, 17:13

oh tobacco addicted him too...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 07 Feb 2014, 18:15

Big Lucky Nicky !!

Superdupercool 

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 23 Feb 2014, 12:24

I removed all press conference posts to that one

And all red carpets post I created a new thread

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 23 Feb 2014, 12:25

Excellent work and many thanks for the clean up!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 23 Feb 2014, 12:26

Thanks Nicky
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down