George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time

+14
Joanna
Maggy
Catie
party animal - not!
jluna2011
What Would He Say
theminis
amaretti
LornaDoone
Mazy
Nicky80
melbert
it's me
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time

Post by amaretti Sat 16 Nov 2013, 04:44

Nice pics .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Nov 2013, 09:43

it's me wrote:look
this is Como

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It certainly looks the same venue....well spotted IM  Coolio
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 16 Nov 2013, 12:45

new one for me sunny 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 16 Nov 2013, 18:19

what would he say wrote:Thumbs up! btw, nice to see you Mazy
Thanks I was in the hospital for a week and was so looking forward to seeing this when I got home, thankfully I did.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 18 Nov 2013, 13:59

Just a further update, that on Friday 22 Nov, George is on More4 @ 9pm GMT until 10.35pm doing this program.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 23 Nov 2013, 00:56

Link to full program!!! Thanks Henway!

melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 23 Nov 2013, 10:39

This came out last night. Couldn´t watch it then, but I have it and will watch it tonight YES YES YES. Superdupercool 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 23 Nov 2013, 11:27

I watched it last night... it is so good.  To be totally honest within minutes I stopped listening to G's voice ... it became all about the subject, I had to shake myself every now and then and say "listen that's G" ....

I hope you all enjoy it.

I had the privilege of meeting Jackie ... At the time, because I was young, I wasn't shall we say star struck at the prospect.  When we met I found her to be "lovely" softly spoken, very slim, with a vulnerability and slight child like quality to her (i'm a bit child like myself ...so I liked that instantly) ... an overall "good egg".

I was fascinated by the documentary, I will have to watch again, but I felt so sorry for her .... from what I could see she flew in the plane back same day (?) with her husbands body... she appeared at the door as they were removing it into the hearse and watched "unaided" someone was standing next to her but no contact .  She walked herself, again unaided and alone around to front section and left herself into the car. NO human touch, no hand to the back or arm to the shoulder, just totally alone.  JFK, died on the Friday and was buried on the Monday in full public glare, 100 hours that Jackie didn't see coming.

The images of dignity were beamed around the world and now down through history, a Mother with two tiny children dressed immaculately, but in the same pretty blue coats they were filmed in on their fathers knee only days before. A very public flawless expression of grief and bravery, (*and I felt isolation) all in just 100 hours ... but at what personal cost.

*Grief carries the smell of isolation, so it might be that...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 23 Nov 2013, 11:31

I'll have to watch it again .... maybe I'm wrong .....

@ Carla look out see if you see it too....Thanks
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 23 Nov 2013, 19:38

It was very good. I agree with you wwhs. And loved to hear his voice!

I see what you say about her, widow with two children.
But and here is a but again
Everything fine until the post-JFK years. I can´t help but feeling it was disrespectful of her to marry Onassis. Just how I feel.

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 24 Nov 2013, 02:46

JFK One PM Central Standard Time isn't playing for me due to region rights restrictions. It's not on YouTube yet either.
I'll have to wait till I travel. I'd love to watch this. End of Camelot.

wwhs wrote:I had the privilege of meeting Jackie ... At the time, because I was young, I wasn't shall we say star struck at the prospect.  When we met I found her to be "lovely" softly spoken, very slim, with a vulnerability and slight child like quality to her (i'm a bit child like myself ...so I liked that instantly) ... an overall "good egg".
Very dignified & composed. She left an impression on you.
Her iconic style image influenced generations.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 24 Nov 2013, 06:00

Jackie had to be the strongest woman in the world in those few days during the funeral and after. Why she chose to stand alone.

Everyone was looking to her for some kind of comfort as she was the one left that had been closest to him. And his children. But she would have been much closer, knowing secrets. They were controlling what she could say. I remember that. So all she could do was offer a strong front. She chose not to associate with the ppl around the white house too much as there were too many to suspect. I felt sorry for her too. Lost her husband to who knows what and how many, prolly terrified herself somewhat because of his children and who might come for them next. That was the sort of atmosphere that surrounded them at the time. After Bobby was killed too, that prolly settled it for her. She needed to have a position of power after that, to protect her children so Onassis. Thats my opinion on why she married him so soon afterward. he was actually into someone else, as came out later.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 08:16

Right Joanie he was indeed into someone else.

Not sure about the motives. When Jacqueline Kennedy was invited to Onassis yacht it was because of her last name. The whole world knew Onassis liked to party and seduce women. Despite of his life style he was not looking for someone to spend the night with but life with. The whole world also new that he had divorced his wife for Maria Callas. She had divorced her husband, who never got over it.

Sotheby´s auctioned Maria Callas´ love letters to her ex-husband. She was not only talented opera singer, but strong writer. I guess that was her way to include him to her experiences. Did she write to Onassis? More than likely.

One thing is sure, Callas said art comes first, her career. Maybe he didn´t like it. He was the richest man in the world why would she need to work and have career? Probably just wanted to be accepted as he was (not the most faitfull etc...) That could have been the reason why Onassis ended up marrying Kennedy.

The new marriage didn´t end his affair with Callas. Personal tragedies. He died alone, neither of those women were at the hospital with him. At the dead bed finally it was clear that Callas was the chosen one. He loved her. When the news reached Callas, he was gone. She was devastated, broken hearted and died shortly after. What a story!
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 21:54

melbert wrote:Link to full program!!!  Thanks Henway!

Ocean wrote:JFK One PM Central Standard Time isn't playing for me due to region rights restrictions. It's not on YouTube yet either.
I'll have to wait till I travel.  I'd love to watch this. End of Camelot.
I had the same problem. This link was posted on les frenchies. Have a look if that works for you. Didn't have time yet to check

or this one

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Sun 24 Nov 2013, 23:46

Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Sun 24 Nov 2013, 23:56

R.I.P. Mr. Präsident Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2