George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time

+14
Joanna
Maggy
Catie
party animal - not!
jluna2011
What Would He Say
theminis
amaretti
LornaDoone
Mazy
Nicky80
melbert
it's me
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time Empty George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time

Post by it's me Fri 11 Oct 2013, 22:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One PM Central Standard Time Trailer

On November 22nd 1963 the lives of two men of the same age collided with history in the most dramatic way. John Fitzgerald Kennedy was the thirty-fifth President of the United States. Walter Cronkite was anchor of the CBS Evening News. When Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Cronkite wanted to be first with the story. But, he was an experienced wire-service reporter who lived by the maxim 'get it first, but first get it right'. The events of November 22nd were to be the greatest challenge of his career and would make him the Most Trusted Man in America.
Narrated by George Clooney. Written Produced and Directed by Alastair Layzell. Filmed and Edited by Richard Hall. Drama Director Richard Dale. Associate Producer Marlene Adler. Production Assistant Anne Dunning. Assistant Camera Adrian Walker. A Colonial Pictures Production in conjunction with WNET Thirteen, PBS and More 4.

thanks to French friends

Last edited by LornaDoone on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 23:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update name of thread)
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time Empty Re: George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time

Post by melbert Sat 12 Oct 2013, 01:06

Thank you It'sMe. George idolized Walter and I'm so glad he did this.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time Empty Re: George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time

Post by Nicky80 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 07:14

Thanks It's me. I liked the video to hear his voice and in fact showing up for a second in the video Very Happy 

So that movie/documentary is coming out on DVD only in November?

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 07:16

Free sreening at Washington DC so whoever lives there go and enjoy...Well I think I googled it right and it really is Washington DC.

Film Screening: One PM Central Standard Time

One PM Central Standard Time Image
Date: Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

The Newseum presents a special screening of the new documentary "One PM Central Standard Time," produced and directed by Alastair Layzell and narrated by actor George Clooney.

The documentary chronicles the news coverage of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas and in the CBS newsroom in New York.

The title of the documentary, "One PM Central Standard Time," reflects the time that President Kennedy was pronounced dead at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. The film features rarely seen archival footage of Kennedy and Cronkite, and includes remembrances from the producers, writers and reporters who worked on the story that day, including Dan Rather, Bob Schieffer, Marvin Kalb and Marianne Means.

The documentary will premiere in November on PBS.

A question-and-answer session with Layzell will follow the screening.

The screening is free with regular paid admission. Seating is on a space-available basis

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 12 Oct 2013, 13:38

thanks for the update!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Narrate JFK: One PM Central Time Standard Time Empty George Clooney To Narrate JFK: One Pm Central Standard Time, 11/13

Post by Mazy Thu 31 Oct 2013, 03:06

George Clooney To Narrate JFK: One Pm Central Standard Time, 11/13
October 29
2:47 2013
by TV News Desk

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
THIRTEEN, PBS
John Fitzgerald Kennedy was the 35th President of the United States serving from January 20, 1961 until his assassination on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas. Five decades later, as we mark the 50th anniversary of his death, JFK: One PM Central Standard Time, a Secrets of the Dead special presentation, tells the story of two men, one the President of the United States John F. Kennedy - shot in Dallas and rushed to Parkland hospital, his fate unknown - and the other respected CBS Evening News anchor Walter Cronkite, knowing he had to get the story right amid myriad uncertainties that tragic day.

Narrated by George Clooney, JFK: One PM Central Standard Time, premiering Wednesday, November 13 at 10 p,m. ET on PBS (check local listings), recounts the riveting story of the reporting from Dallas and the CBS Newsroom in New York from the moment President Kennedy was shot until Cronkite's emotional pronouncement of his death at 1 p.m. CST. The program features interviews with President Bill Clinton and Brian Williams, anchor & managing editor, NBC Nightly News and Rock Center with Brian Williams, rarely seen archival footage of Kennedy, Cronkite and moving memories from the producers, writers and reporters who were there on the day, including, Susan Bennett, former UPI Bureau Chief; Ron Bonn, CBS News, 1963; Bill Hampton, UPI Bureau Dallas, 1963; Marvin Kalb, CBS News, 1963; Robert MacNeil, NBC News, 1963; Marianne Means, Hearst Newspapers; Dan Rather, CBS News, 1963; Bob Schieffer, CBS News; and Sandy Socolow, CBS News, 1963 among others. The film is airing as part of a week of special programming on PBS, November 11-13, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy.

In 1962, Cronkite accepted the offer to anchor the CBS Evening News, but with one condition: to be the Managing Editor as well. Though the term Managing Editor was not used in television, Cronkite knew he'd be able to determine which stories would be aired and how they would be handled. Having the final decision rest with him would be key on that fatal day one year later in Dallas as he employed all of his journalistic skills to report the story of a lifetime.

In September 1963, Cronkite launched the extended CBS Evening News with an interview with Kennedy. He was 46, the same age as the President. Both men were Second World War veterans; Cronkite had been a war correspondent in Europe and Kennedy had commanded a Torpedo patrol-boat in the Pacific; and both men knew how to effectively use the new medium of television.

Eight weeks later, on November 22, Cronkite and Kennedy would be forever linked in history.

Through re-enactments of the CBS newsroom in New York and anecdotal accounts from those in Dallas, the chaos of that day unfolds. Bennett and Hampton vividly recall the actions of UPI correspondent Merriman Smith, who after hearing gunshots, grabbed the one phone in the press pool car and started dictating to his desk in Dallas, "Three shots were fired at the motorcade!"

Cronkite had been a distinguished wire-service reporter. He relied on the wires and knew Smith's reporting would be accurate. Though he wanted to be the first to break the news, at that point Smith didn't know if Kennedy had been hit or even if he was wounded. Faced with the story of a lifetime, how does Cronkite choose to handle the story?

From the first reporting of the shooting to his announcement of Kennedy's death, "Walter turned in his best day and one of the best days the business of news has ever had...and he happened to do it on what was the worst day in modern times," says Brian Williams.

JFK: One PM Central Standard Time is a production of Colonial Pictures in association with THIRTEEN Productions LLC and WNET. Producer and director for Colonial Pictures is Alastair Layzell. Executive in charge for THIRTEEN is Stephen Segaller. Executive producer for THIRTEEN is Steve Burns. Coordinating producer for THIRTEEN is Stephanie Carter.

This program is among the full-length episodes that will be available for viewing after broadcast on Secrets of the Dead Online (pbs.org/secrets). Along with the extensive online video catalog, the series website provides resources for educators with lesson plans for middle school and high school teachers.

As one of PBS' ongoing limited Primetime series, Secrets of the Dead is a perennial favorite among viewers, routinely ranking among the 10 most-watched series on public television. Currently in its 13th season, Secrets of the Dead continues its unique brand of archaeological sleuthing employing advances in investigative techniques, forensic science and historical scholarship to offer new evidence about forgotten mysteries Secrets of the Dead has received 10 CINE Golden Eagle Awards and six Emmy nominations, among numerous other awards.

Read more about George Clooney to Narrate JFK: ONE PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME, 11/13 - BWWTVWorld by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 31 Oct 2013, 03:27

This sounds very interesting - in many ways it reminds of The Newsroom - since they note they will be re-enacting some of what happened in the newsroom as they led up to Walter's announcement that Kennedy had died.

I remember the day after his assassination.  I was only about 5 years old but the reason I remember the day after was that it was a Saturday and I remember being terribly upset that all the stations (all three) kept talking about John Kennedy and I wasn't able to watch the Saturday morning cartoons.  I still remember standing in front of the TV and being very upset about that. What do kids know anyway.

I will be looking out for this event and think it's really appropriate that George is narrating - being the son of a newsman. :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 31 Oct 2013, 08:22

his voice

....HIS VOICE Very Happy 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 08:42

Thanks Mazy for the artical.

I think there is anopther thread with this topic where the video with his voice was posted. Maybe we can merge it? Not sure

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 01 Nov 2013, 13:19

Looking forward to seeing this .Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 04 Nov 2013, 15:48

Just a reminder
One PM Central Standard Time Film Review
12:31 PM PDT 10/28/2013 by Stephen Farber

PBS
The Bottom Line
Doc revisits the Kennedy assassination without adding much insight.
Narrator
George Clooney

Director-producer
Alastair Layzell

Narrated by George Clooney, the documentary from director Alastair Layzell revists the John F. Kennedy assassination.
The 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination has led to new books and films in addition to the massive amount of material already produced about this seminal, traumatic event. The latest installment in the ongoing saga is a new documentary, One PM Central Standard Time, which will have a brief theatrical run before inevitably finding a home on television. The film tries to distinguish itself from the pack of Kennedy assassination films by focusing on the role of Walter Cronkite, who memorably broke the news of the President’s death to many in the nation and whose participation in the story helped to cement his own rise to the position of America’s most revered television anchor. Even with this angle and with the marquee name of George Clooney as narrator, the film adds little to a very familiar tale.

Clooney’s interest in this part of the story is not surprising. He won acclaim for directing Good Night and Good Luck, his film about another pioneering TV journalist, Edward R. Murrow. The director of One PM, Alastair Layzell, tries to emphasize that the assassination was not just a seminal moment in American history but a day that marked a change in the nature of journalism. With Americans glued to the tube for almost four straight days, television permanently seized power from newspapers and magazines, and Cronkite soon became the dean of TV anchors. One intriguing tidbit recounted here is that just two months before the assassination, CBS expanded its nightly news program from 15 to 30 minutes. So the power of television journalism was on the rise, and Cronkite’s role during those four days in November helped to clinch this transformation.

The film depends on excellent interviews with other prominent television journalists — Brian Williams, Dan Rather, Bob Schieffer, Robert MacNeil — as well as former President Clinton and several newspaper reporters. Some of these people actually covered the assassination in Dallas, including UPI reporter Wilborn Hampton, who helped to transmit the news that Cronkite utilized before making his famous on-air announcement that the President had died. Vivid newsreel footage of the fateful day in Dallas, along with other material showing JFK at home and abroad, enlivens the film.

Less successful is the decision to rely on re-enactments of scenes in the UPI newsroom as well as at CBS headquarters. Re-enactments have of course become a common technique in many documentaries, but this film revives questions about this dubious strategy.  While the sets and costumes are carefully reconstructed, the actors reciting the dialogue are uniformly poor.  Another of the film’s failings is its worshipful attitude toward both Cronkite and Kennedy. Even admirers of both men might not have been averse to a few criticisms. The Bay of Pigs and Kennedy’s flawed Vietnam policy, for example, are never mentioned. The overbearing music is another drawback. Especially cringe-worthy is Michael Feinstein’s original composition, “And That’s the Way It Is,” played over the end titles. All in all, this competent recap of a potent story fails to discover enough fresh and vital material.

Opens: Friday, Nov. 1 (Colonial Films)

Narrator: George Clooney
Director-producer: Alastair Layzell
Drama director: Richard Dale
Executive producer: Steve Burns
Director of photography: Richard Hall
Set designer: Will Layzell
Editors: Richard Hall, Michael Weingrad
No rating, 89 minutes

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 04 Nov 2013, 15:56

a clip? can we hear him?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 04 Nov 2013, 19:03

LOL it's me you are funny. Yes you can hear him in the clip. here is the clip again. And by the way you were the one who posted the clib originally above   Wink 

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 04 Nov 2013, 21:34

the whole thing I mean!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 04 Nov 2013, 22:01

His voice is like smooth honey mixed with a bit of whiskey!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 04 Nov 2013, 22:05

drunken yeppp
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 05 Nov 2013, 00:59

J.F.K suffered Addison's disease

It is a strange thing.. it makes you thirsty, darkens your skin to a tropical tan colour ... you cannot bear  anything tight around your neck (like a shirt and tie) along with terrible fatigue and flu like symptoms .... though very rare ... it is very much "just a condition" these days, and with right med's old age will actually kill not this.  I believe when J.F.K was first diagnosed in the U.K, he was given a just year to live.... His father Joe's wealth and access to the latest treatment extended this to a prognosis of 10 years ... Now we know, this treatment has become very successful.  

I think only 1 in 4 million ppl have it....

A very unique man, in many ways.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 09:01

theminis wrote:His voice is like smooth honey mixed with a bit of whiskey!!!
Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo 

If he would do an audio book I would listen to it 24/7.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 09:02

it's me wrote:the whole thing I mean!!
I guess you need to buy the DVD...Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 05 Nov 2013, 09:04

hmm

prefer to get the whole man

Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 05 Nov 2013, 09:06

what would he say wrote:J.F.K suffered Addison's disease

It is a strange thing.. it makes you thirsty, darkens your skin to a tropical tan colour ... you cannot bear  anything tight around your neck (like a shirt and tie) along with terrible fatigue and flu like symptoms .... though very rare ... it is very much "just a condition" these days, and with right med's old age will actually kill not this.  I believe when J.F.K was first diagnosed in the U.K, he was given a just year to live.... His father Joe's wealth and access to the latest treatment extended this to a prognosis of 10 years ... Now we know, this treatment has become very successful.  

oh my
so was it right?
his life was already destined to a short end....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 09:23

it's me wrote:hmm

prefer to get the whole man

Thumbs up! 
Understand, the whole man is always better then half    cheers   But we need to do 50/50 if you like it or not   bounce
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 05 Nov 2013, 09:33

well
I can agree on a 90 for me
10 % for fans

but I guess he would want a bit for his job too....

well
NO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 09:35

Beaten Beaten Beaten Beaten
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 05 Nov 2013, 13:52

I am "assuming" this is going to run for four hours. I programmed my DVD to to record the first part for 2hours and the second part for 2hours. That is how it was listed. I must put a lock on it so no one deletes it by accident. I can go to sleep listening to his voice.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 18:14

Oh listening to his voice while falling a sleep ....Shocked  you are so lucky   Hug1
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 05 Nov 2013, 23:07

oh my!!! No envy.....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 06 Nov 2013, 00:21

it's me wrote:
what would he say wrote:J.F.K suffered Addison's disease

oh my
so was it right?
his life was already destined to a short end....
No, the experimental treatment his Father found, they assumed would give him only 10 years ... but in fact it was very successful ... it would have given him a life into old age .... BUT his whole life before that point was littered with ill health... but it never held him back, or was seen as an excuse not to do, or lead a full life.

There is a saying "The day you were born, Angels knew the day they would take you back" ... destiny is just that ... a destination, how or when we get there, we don't know. But an Angel somewhere does, and we can't change it....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by jluna2011 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 02:27

JFK died in Parkland Hospital, I was born in Parkland Hospital thirty years later. I've seen the plaque that they made, actually. It gives you the chills.
jluna2011
jluna2011
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 09:47

Found on les frenchies.

First 10 minutes of the video

Picture from below FB profile

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:03

no iPads..... damn
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 08:47

Found on les frenchies

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:00

great video!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:27

isn't it just?!

I believe it's being screened in its entirety in the UK on More4 on Saturday evening.

Yay!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:56

was it shot in his Como house?
the former factory building?
the gate and the stair
then colours too....
the room disposition....

well
interesting

so when? around last summer ? Question 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Nov 2013, 13:11

Might even be Smokehouse's new offices - Esquire tells they've bought another house in the hills........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 15 Nov 2013, 15:23

I had the wrong one programmed that was narrated by someone else. When I got home yesterday I found it replaying at 4am in the morning. I'm hoping that went well check in a bit.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 15 Nov 2013, 15:57

look
this is Como

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Catie Fri 15 Nov 2013, 17:39

You can watch it on pbs connecting with your twitter, facebook, or creating a pbs account.
Catie
Catie
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Nov 2013, 18:16

Oh, yes, IM - remember it now! I wonder if that's how it was when John Kerry lived there.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 19:30

party animal - not! wrote:isn't it just?!

I believe it's being screened in its entirety in the UK on More4 on Saturday evening.

Yay!!
On German TV they show a 4 hours JFK special on Saturday. I hope they show something from "One PM Central Time Standard Time". Will be interesting.

I liked the video very much. Stripe shirt again. And maybe it was just me but did anyone realised how often he said "Walter understood that".......Funny
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 15 Nov 2013, 19:34

an adoration Very Happy

I can't see the vid
location restriction.... Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Nov 2013, 19:39

Thanks for the vid, Nicky!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 19:43

it's me wrote:an adoration Very Happy

I can't see the vid
location restriction.... Sad
It's me, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and then copy the video link in the search section where it says "google" and then click on "hide my ass". This will bring up the video. Takes a bit until the video is loaded but at least you can watch it. I just tried it and it worked over the website :-)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Nov 2013, 19:59

Alastair Layzell is the producer of this, and runs a production company called Colonial Pictures in the UK.

They've made a lot of documentaries, including one in 2007 with Walter Cronkite called, I think, Legends of War.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 15 Nov 2013, 21:32

I only got a black rectangle
and no play button

I will try from another device

thanks !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Fri 15 Nov 2013, 22:20

Four US presidents have been assassinated.
John F. Kennedy assassination made biggest impact.
Probably due to media coverage. Global scale.

Cronkite and Clooney in 2006.

Last edited by Ocean on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 04:50; edited 1 time in total

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 22:49

Nice pics, thanks Ocean
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 16 Nov 2013, 01:57

I finally got the right one and George did a terrific job as usual. But cannot watch it again for awhile too many tears.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 16 Nov 2013, 02:32

Thumbs up! btw, nice to see you Mazy
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next