George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she?

+12
Anna Tower
LornaDoone
theminis
Carla97
noodle
What Would He Say
Nicky80
it's me
Mazy
Pari
janieb
Katiedot
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 Empty Re: An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she?

Post by Carla97 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:24

Good luck to everyone with their writing! And love life!

I´d like to but ce n'est pas possible. This much I can tell, when there is an international, sensational best-seller, but writer never went on to the book tour. It´s probably me.

All they know is the bank account number she left behind.
Maybe she bought an island and when she is not swimming she´s checking how the money comes rolling in to her account after each new edition of her book.

Is he there? No. He got lost, took a wrong turn and is too stubborn to ask for directions. She sat tight, waited but gave up. No love life, no more creativeness. Some things happen only once. She is a one story woman, one book wonder.

Tragic, no. It´s life and it´s happening.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 Empty Re: An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she?

Post by it's me Sat 07 Sep 2013, 15:27

It's happening right now?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Tower Sat 07 Sep 2013, 16:55

Always people trying to cash in on someone's fame.
Name dropping.
Anna Tower
Anna Tower
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 23:38

@Katiedot, thank you for posting this book. Must have been lot of work.  Lot of pages.   Give Flowers 

Now I have a question. Did you post everything or is there more to come?
If there is not more to come and that is the book then I don't like the end. I expected it to be more an "intense" dialogue between them at the end.

I maybe expected even more intense dialogues between them in the book. Found it sometimes too cool, less feelings, no romantic.

I think in general it felt like this book is about the life about that so called ex girlfirend and LESS about her and George.

But in general I liked reading it. I liked the bold humor. That was good. I liked that there was a dog called Clooney. I liked the scene when she confessed to G that she named the dog after him. Funny.

And I liked the "funny" conversation between George and her in Chapter 11.

But of course this is only my opinion. I'm not an expert in book critics. And I'm not a writer I'm better in talking hehe. So I for sure will never write book. But I like reading.

Thanks for sharing
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:08

Nicky I like your review on it! Thanks.

Yes it´s me. It is like I wrote.

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:12

Wow
Let us know more! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sun 08 Sep 2013, 14:19

So Vikramarka tries again to defeat the invader. (Genghis Khan? I can never remember names!)Rolling Eyes

It was neither. I think the author is talking about 'Mahmud of Ghazni' - the ruler of Ghazni empire comprising the current territories of Afganistan, part of Iran, India & Pakistan. He was supposed to have invaded India 15 times and was successful on his 16th attempt.
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sun 08 Sep 2013, 14:24

It had a picture of Kali, the goddess of death,Shocked 

Kali is the Goddess representing destruction of evil. (Destroyer of evil) In a way, ofcourse, causes death of evil people.
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sun 08 Sep 2013, 14:39

He had a brownish muzzle, wise eyes with the thick lashes, black markings on his head and a shiny black coat. But the interesting part was his significant jaw that set as if he was amused. His lips twisted at corners and he looked as if he had a private joke in his head. As if he is reluctant to divulge the reason behind his smile.Laughing

I like the dry sense of humor of this lady. The last two lines are simply superb. (Quite a good observation) 

Laughing
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 14:54

Yes I liked the humor too. So why do you think the last two lines are superb. What it is the observation? Maybe I didn't get it but didn't like how it finished.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sun 08 Sep 2013, 16:30

Yes I liked the humor too. So why do you think the last two lines are superb. What it is the observation? Maybe I didn't get it but didn't like how it finished..

Nicky, I always have the feeling that GC has an impish smile conveying that he has something hidden behind that smile. (Obviously she is not describing the dog there). I also has impish way of making comments. Bear with me:bricks:
I have not yet read the end. I'm still in chapter 6. So i reseve my comments. 
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 17:34

Ah ok. Let me know when you finished and tell me what you think about the end. Can't wait to hear how you like it. Nice to know somebody else is reading it too Very Happy 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Sun 08 Sep 2013, 17:42

architecturally amazing Brihadeshwaralaya in Tamil Nadu (or its sexually provocative sculptures)

The Brahatheeswarar temple is not known for its sexually provocative sculptures. All temples in India has sculptures that display human anatomy in artistic way. It is not more than what is displayed now in movies or ads or otherwise. There is only one temple in India in a place called 'Khajuraho' that has erotic sculptures whis is actually a stone depictions of a literary work called 'Kamasutra' on sex.

Thorugh it is George Clooneys fans forum, i dislike to see wrong history or geography for that matter. Thats why so many clarifications:lol: Is it not Samuel Butler who said "God cannot alter the past; But, the historians can"Laughing
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 08 Sep 2013, 19:05

Thank you madjyo for your input. History fascinates me, and I appreciate the time you took to clarify.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 20:43

Interesting. Not sure about God or historians but I´m pretty certain that kamasutra is entirely and solely a product of one writer´s imagination.

Butterfly position and so on? Give me a break! Smile

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 08 Sep 2013, 21:10

I was referring to 'Mahmud of Ghazni' , Kali, the Brahatheeswarar temple . Perhaps the kamasutra was evolved from the drawings in such temples, and of course, sex is always a derivative of one's imagination. So therefore, were temple drawings a figment of one's imagination?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 21:17

Sorry my ignorance I don´t know anything about these temples yet or kamasutra either, but usually it doesn´t stop me from commenting. Smile

My friends are saying Bangkok is better than New York any day of the week. I have been neither of those places. So..
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 09 Sep 2013, 03:48

Nicky80 wrote:Now I have a question. Did you post everything or is there more to come?
That's all there was.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Mon 09 Sep 2013, 07:17

Interesting. Not sure about God or historians but I´m pretty certain that kamasutra is entirely and solely a product of one writer´s imagination.

Butterfly position and so on? Give me a break!

I had not visited Khajuraho or read Kamasutra. But i had visited Tanjore temple several times and also many temples in India. Thats why i made that comment, carla97. No offence intended. Whatever the writer had written about the politics 'n' people is fairly accurate. But one of the few things India can boast of its rich cultural heritage and the southern indian temples are marvels of architecture. Sculptures a only a part of it. India is even now better known for its arts than science, which is still in a developmental stage only. Architecture is science or art? scratch
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Sep 2013, 07:32

Both I guess
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 08:13

madjyo wrote:
I had not visited Khajuraho or read Kamasutra. But i had visited Tanjore temple several times and also many temples in India. Thats why i made that comment, carla97. No offence intended. Whatever the writer had written about the politics 'n' people is fairly accurate. But one of the few things India can boast of its rich cultural heritage and the southern indian temples are marvels of architecture. Sculptures a only a part of it. India is even now better known for its arts than science, which is still in a developmental stage only. Architecture is science or art? scratch
Market is open and I´m here! Have to correct the garbage I wrote ealier, Bangkok? It´s a capital of Thailand and this was about Indian temples. So you should not take me too seriously on this matter.

Taj Mahal I know, but wouldn´t necessarily travel to see it. If I ever went there it would be to see the sea, Arabian Sea or Bay of Bengal or Indian ocean. Sea view I can just sit and stare...

Architecture, some physics and math needed and hopefully some eye for beauty. Smile
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 09 Sep 2013, 09:34

So . . . can we get back to talking about the book?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:51

S. Katiedot. Getting back to the book. No more deviations about India from me. Thank you very much for your painstaking work in posting that book. I went to pdf 'n' it did not open 'n' i would not have tried one more time. We r reading whole or tit(d)bits of the book only bcoz of you.Give Flowers
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by madjyo Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:32

To Nicky80: Wow:D Finally finished reading 'n' very much confused. It is mostly an autobiography of the author and GC breezes in 'n' out in few chapters.
From whatever she has written in her own words - friendship - yes; flings - yes; romance - no. So....
About the end: Why she should be an outcast in India. The world has no boundaries, now. From my point of view the writer appears to be a tough, tenacious woman, who thinks more of others, than about herself and had been trying to help others and may not have been very successful for several other reasons. However, her efforts should be lauded. But i do have few comments to writer from a READERS POINT OF VIEW - not as a critic. The personal details are too much. Edit 'n' make it crisp (I felt like skipping many a times with an urge to go to the end) Ur style of writing is good 'n' keep the sense of humor till the end. Whether it is a fact or fiction only two people will know - the writer 'n' GC. Better to avoid name dropping and replace the names with imaginary ones. It has all the potential to be a good M & B story with a little unselfish heroine, a casula but loyal (till the end as friend) hero and a villain too (Mr.Vinay whose act is despicable - not despicable if like Georgie he has said no kids, no marriage before dating). If the writer wants to make it an autobiography add more human life stories of indians in plight. Will fetch reward 'n' award.
On the whole, i liked reading it as all human life stories fascinates me and it does not bore anyone, if it is narrated well as done here - well mostly.cheers
madjyo
madjyo
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 13:14

Yes I had the same feeling that this book is about the life of the woman and LESS about her and George. And no romance. Would have loved to read more how George and her interacted more. Sometimes I got the impression that maybe the author was scared to share love-feelings in this book as it was a "no go zone". That's why I got so surprised when in chapter 13 the author wirtes about the sex scene which could have been written more intense with feelings and so on   Very Happy  Sounded like it was a "quicky at the street".

I like intense LOL

But in all the humor was good.

So sounds like we nearly have the same opinion about the book.  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

An old girlfriend of George Clooney's writes a book about their 20+ year-long relationship -- or does she? - Page 2 Empty Note from the author

Post by clooneys six Tue 17 Sep 2013, 05:41

Hi all,

Thankyou for your wonderful comments and suggestions. It's always nice for a writer to read through the reader feedback. I'm doubly thankful to Katiedot for posting the book here and making it available for all clooney fans Smile I couldn't have asked for more.
Reading through the comments and reviews, I certainly would like to clarify a few things:

a. The narrator is not the same as the author. This is not an autobiography.
b. This is an experimental mode of storytelling, based on actual research and interviews over a certain amount of time. 'Namedropping' as you call it, is actually part of this story of an unnamed protagonist.
c. And yes Smile this is not a romance novel. Sorry to disappoint. The story is about the protagonist's continual efforts to find herself as is it about a clooney fan to understand the man. His choices and life.

I hope this answers a few of your questions. Do feel free to buzz me on @Clooney_Looney on twitter for more conversation.

Thank you. Happy reading. Smile

Wy
clooneys six
clooneys six
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sun 30 Mar 2014, 10:06

I just lost 2 hours of my Life!

But as always thanks to Katiedot...for posting..much appreciated!

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2