George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech

+6
What Would He Say
mosaic
Lighterside
Joanna
very vera
Nicky80
10 posters

Go down

Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech Empty Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech

Post by Nicky80 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 17:49

I saw this 10 minutes speech by this woman and I was really touched even though I don't believe so much in god. If you ever asked yourself "why me" then watch the video. Thought this needs to be shared. Internet can be so cruel.

http://www.godvine.com/Girl-Voted-the-Ugliest-on-the-Internet-Gives-an-AMAZING-Godly-Speech-3653.html
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech Empty Re: Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech

Post by very vera Sat 20 Jul 2013, 18:09

Phenomenal

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech Empty Re: Girl Voted the Ugliest on the Internet Gives an AMAZING, Godly Speech

Post by Joanna Sat 20 Jul 2013, 20:26

Hug1 Lizzie

What a wonderful young women. She must be so interesting to talk to.
She's a real credit to her family, who must have 
given her much positive support to enable her to grow 
mentally and spiritually.
I'm so pleased to have seen that video.

This is from her entry on Wiki.

Elizabeth Ann Velásquez Born March 13, 1989 (age 24)
Austin, Texas Nationality United States

Other names Lizzie Velásquez

Occupation Motivational speaker

Known for Public speaking, anti-bullying activism,
 public appearances and book authorship.

Website Aboutlizzie.com
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 20 Jul 2013, 20:28

She is an amazing woman and living proof that true beauty comes from within. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 20:43

So true Lighterside. We always take the obvious for granted but sometimes it is deeper it is from the inside.

Thanks Joanna for the Info. Amazing that she turned out to be a motivate speaker. She must have a great family who sopported her well.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 20 Jul 2013, 20:48

Her web site is lovely.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 20:52

Yes just checked it out. There are more videos from her. I like the book title she puplished "Be Beautiful, Be you"...great words
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Sat 20 Jul 2013, 21:15

Thanks for posting this, Nicky.  She truly "gets it".  How painful for her to have read those comments.  Our society truly has become a bullying society--targeting those perceived as different or weaker.  I blame a lot of this on media--violent video games that desensitize one and shows like "Survivor" that target individuals to cast them off from the group.

I was called "dog" and "ugly" and "goon" right to my face when in adolescence, so I kinda know her pain.  (gawky stage)

It's terrible when you're judged by your looks instead of what you have to offer the world.

...motivational speakers, though? Meh. :p

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 20 Jul 2013, 21:20

Ooh Nicky this has really touched me in so many ways;

She is the embodiment of JOY....JESUS(or whoever your God is) OTHERS, YOURSELF. I am speechless I simply echo above post who put it so well.

But also, I worry that as we watch this thousands of 11year old are being harmed by youtube as we speak.

The internet has the power for great good and equal harm.

I will try to change this....we have to have policing....xxx
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 21:40

So true WWHS we have to remember how bad the internet can be and at the same time how many great and strong people are out there to make life more enjoyable. People are too quick to judge people.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sat 20 Jul 2013, 22:14

I'm really touched from this video , it really shows the education her parent's have given to her , and really beauty comes from within .
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sat 20 Jul 2013, 22:25

I find it fascinating that we are talking about her on a George Clooney fansite. Here we talk endlessly about how good looking he is; I have even heard reference to his private parts here. Yet, here this woman bravely talks about being what what some consider to be the oppisite of all the externally attractive people that Hollywood leads us to believe are beautiful. Now, to be fair, I am not sure if I would follow GC if he was not as attractive as he is. Yet, this reminds me of why I love him so much. He is much more than physically attractive. He seems to be kind, strong, intelligent, caring, considerate, etc.
I think this video is a good reminder that we need more people like her and George Clooney too rather than people like Kim Kardashian, since they shine in more ways than what Hollywood considers important. So, cheers to this young woman for reminding us what is most important! God gave me and her beauty, and we should embrace our gifts instead of attempting a artificial facade that is only skin deep.Give Flowers Love5 
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 20 Jul 2013, 23:59

Thank you to give me that
This girl is a truly gift from God
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 21 Jul 2013, 00:17

Shall we send her an email to say how we've enjoyed her video on here ?
I'm sure she'd be interested to hear where we've all met her....an unlikely place in her experience I imagine.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 21 Jul 2013, 00:26

Yes
I was right thinking a t it
Looking at her site

Go, do it for me too

Thanks!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:22

I watched this last night & was numb.
Cyberbullying is harrassment crime.
There is increasingly more legislation & movements against bullying in general.
People can be so callous & mean-spirited.

She has a kind soul & stoic pride to stand up in defiance if these pathetic individuals.
She drew attention to her ordeal in order to help others.

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:30

Joanna wrote:Shall we send her an email to say how we've enjoyed her video on here ?
I'm sure she'd be interested to hear where we've all met her....an unlikely place in her experience I imagine.

That's a great idea. I think she will be thrilled to know that her video get shared on so many different platforms

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:58; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:46

ESATTO ! Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 21 Jul 2013, 11:19

Excellent idea, I think it would show our gratitude for her bravery....and show the good of the internet, after the terrible wickedness she had to endure, possibly/maybe in the safety of her own home, which makes it so much more horrible....no place of safety....no place of peace...xxx
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 21 Jul 2013, 13:45

Lizzie's email address is on her personal web site.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 21 Jul 2013, 14:10

it's me wrote:Yes
I was right thinking a t it
Looking at her site

Go, do it for me too

Thanks!!!

Have sent an email and PM'd you too.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 21 Jul 2013, 16:10

I wrote her too. Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 21 Jul 2013, 17:21

You great amazing girls too 
Thanks!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down