George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder Empty George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder

Post by Nicky80 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 17:32

George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder

The politically active actor is on a perennial journey to make the world a better a place

The Nespresso sustainability drive is not out of character for George Clooney, noted for being one of Hollywood’s most politically active actors, as reflected in his appointment as a UN messenger of peace in 2008. Along with his Ocean’s co-stars Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and Don Cheadle, Clooney is a co-founder of the Not On Our Watch Project, which seeks to attract global attention and resources to stop and prevent mass violations of human rights.

In April 2006, he spent ten days in Chad and Sudan with his father, TV journalist Nick Clooney, shooting a TV special A Journey to Darfur, highlighting Darfur’s refugee crisis and advocating action. Two years later he released a DVD of the special — the sales proceeds of which were donated to the International Rescue Committee — and joined Cheadle and two Olympians on a crusade to China and Egypt to ask both the governments to pressure Sudan’s government.

Involvement with foreign governments also took the form of his open letter to Angela Merkel in 2007, pleading the EU to take “decisive action” in view of Omar Al Bashir’s failure to comply with UN resolutions.

In response to the devastating Haiti earthquake in 2010, Clooney co-hosted the telethon Hope for Haiti Now, drawing an estimated audience of 83 million viewers and raising $61 million (Dh224 million) for the cause. In accordance with his intentions, Clooney was arrested outside Washington DC’s Sudanese Embassy in March 2012 for civil disobedience during a protest, proclaiming to reporters his concern for the children of Sudan — “stop raping them and stop starving them” — as he was led away.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder Empty Re: George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder

Post by silly girl Fri 19 Jul 2013, 17:34

If only this got tweeted about more....thanks

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder Empty Re: George Clooney: Hollywood’s Mr Do-gooder

Post by Mazy Fri 19 Jul 2013, 19:53

silly girl wrote:If only this got tweeted about more....thanks

Hi SG, what do you want tweeted more that story or Darfur it self? The story I will go to the source and start tweeting which I do anyway. I tweet about Darfur everyday and I'm not alone there are many of us that seem to be doing the same thing. If you have any ideas of what or how to tweet something please tell me. Maybe your wording would be different or a new idea. I usually go from the articles I get in emails or find on twitter. Any suggestions are much appreciated as sometimes I just go blank. Thanks
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 19 Jul 2013, 20:12

Hi Mazy, I read silly girl comment to mean that it would be nice if his humanitarian stuff got tweeted more than who he's broken up with and who he's dating next. JMO

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 19 Jul 2013, 20:23

LornaDoone wrote:Hi Mazy,  I read silly girl comment to mean that it would be nice if his humanitarian stuff got tweeted more than who he's broken up with and who he's dating next.  JMO

Okay, thanks. I try with that also, people just love to trash him, jealousy is a terrible thing.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down