George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney

Go down

Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney Empty Hollywood Goes Green: George Clooney

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2011, 03:48

I hope I am adding this tpoci in the right part...

Green Celebrities
Posted on Jul 06, 2011 3:00 PM by Laura Willard
Leave a Comment

Just when you didn’t think you could hear more about how “green” Hollywood is, we’re bringing you the Hollywood Goes Green series. Sure, we sometimes scratch our heads wondering how celebs who live in 20,000-square-foot homes, charter private jets and own 10 vacation compounds call themselves green because they drive a Prius. But as it turns out, being green means more than using less electricity and carpooling. Check out our weekly pick for the top green celebrities in Hollywood. This week, we focus on George Clooney.

George Clooney is known for his great acting skills, his long list of former girlfriends (he's single again after another recent breakup) and, oh yeah, being so hot!

But much like our other green celebrities, Clooney is more than a bundle of talent and a beautiful face. He believes in both charitable and environmental causes. We also love that he's honest about how his celebrity lifestyle doesn't always mesh with green living.

In 2007, he told Time magazine, "You don't want to be a spokesperson unless you are absolutely committed to a cause because you can hurt it. I've been asked to help represent environmental groups. I'm a big proponent of cleaning up the environment. I have two electric cars. But I also have a big weak spot because I've flown on private jets."

That said, Clooney does care about the environment, and here's some proof.

Representing the green cause
Clooney appeared on the first "green" issue of Vanity Fair, along with Julia Roberts, Al Gore and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. His eco-friendly car, a Tango, was also featured in the photo spread. He traded his BMW for the electric two-seater, becoming the first American to purchase one.

Along with other celebs, his contribution to the green movement was profiled in the issue.

Oil Change
After he starred in Syriana, Clooney became involved with the launch of Oil Change, a campaign to eliminate America's dependence on foreign oil. The campaign also sought to educate Americans. "If you're doing a movie about oil consumption and corruption, you can't just talk the talk," Clooney said. "You gotta walk the walk."

Humanitarian work
In addition to his environmental work, Clooney is well-known for his humanitarian efforts. He has financially contributed and personally supported people all over the world in crisis, often appearing in-country. Clooney has been involved in raising awareness and funds for the Sudan crisis, the 2004 tsunami victims, the Haiti earthquake victims and more.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down