George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted

+7
What Would He Say
it's me
Joanna
melbert
Dior
theminis
LornaDoone
11 posters

Go down

HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted Empty HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Jun 2013, 21:57

To reply to someone using the Quote function

1.  At their post click on the Quote icon to the upper right of their post.

2.  Once you are in preview mode and can see their quote click on the last icon that looks like a sheet of white paper with writing on it.  This is a toggle to let you see the editor's marks.

3.  Once you click on that icon you should be able to see the beginning and end quote marks.  They look  like this:

Beginning quote [ quote ]

End quote mark [ /quote ]

4.  Make sure your comments start AFTER the end quote mark.

I had to put a space between the brackets and the word quote so that you could see what it looks like.  When you use these marks there will be no spaces between the brackets and the word quote.

You can then click on preview to see if you've posted your comment correctly.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted Empty Re: HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted

Post by theminis Sun 16 Jun 2013, 21:58

Thanks for the tip Lorna, I goosed it up quoting yesterday.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted Empty Re: HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Jun 2013, 21:59

I found it by accident cause I couldn't figure out what was going on when I tried to quote someone's comment.  You take a couple of days off from the forum and they change how things work!  Geesh!  :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:01

Katie likes to keep us on our toes it seems!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:04

LornaDoone wrote:To reply to someone using the Quote function

1.  At their post click on the Quote icon to the upper right of their post.

2.  Once you are in preview mode and can see their quote click on the last icon that looks like a sheet of white paper with writing on it.  This is a toggle to let you see the editor's marks.

3.  Once you click on that icon you should be able to see the beginning and end quote marks.  They look  like this:

Beginning quote [ quote ]

End quote mark [ /quote ]

4.  Make sure your comments start AFTER the end quote mark.

I had to put a space between the brackets and the word quote so that you could see what it looks like.  When you use these marks there will be no spaces between the brackets and the word quote.

You can then click on preview to see if you've posted your comment correctly.

test

Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:05

*sigh
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:17

Dior wrote:*sigh

Dior did you find the toggle?

Click on the quote button above my post.

Then once you see my post - look for the smiley face icon.  On that same line in the icon buttons above your post is an icon that looks like a white piece of paper with printing on it.

Click on it once and it will show you the editor's marks.

Then try posting your "test" comment outside (to the left) of the [/quote] end quote mark.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:22

and I think that if you click on it once, it stays that way. At least it is for me. That way you don't have to remember it each time.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:28

melbert wrote:
and I think that if you click on it once, it stays that way.  At least it is for me.  That way you don't have to remember it each time.  

Yes that's correct. It stays highlighted.  i.e. the area around the paper goes white instead of the grey that surrounds it when it's not toggled on.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:31

LornaDoone wrote:

Then once you see my post - look for the smiley face icon.  On that same line in the icon buttons above your post is an icon that looks like a white piece of paper with printing on it.

Then try posting your "test" comment outside (to the left) of the
end quote mark.[/quote]

test
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:32

*giggle
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:35

melbert wrote:
and I think that if you click on it once, it stays that way.  At least it is for me.  That way you don't have to remember it each time.  

Thanks....
Testing...1 2 3
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:39

Joanna wrote:
melbert wrote:

Thanks....
Testing...1 2 3

Thanks Lorna & Mel....good job some have got brains. Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo

Now I've overloaded the smilies....Time for bed me thinks....Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:44

Joanna wrote:
melbert wrote:

Thanks....
Testing...1 2 3

4 5 6
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:44

Good night Joanna!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 16 Jun 2013, 23:07

LornaDoone wrote:Good night Joanna!

da da da da
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 16 Jun 2013, 23:12

Good show theminis! Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 16 Jun 2013, 23:21

I know I surprise even myself with my stupenditity
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 16 Jun 2013, 23:52

Lol Very Happy  you are all so funny !!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 17 Jun 2013, 00:34

Dior wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:

Then try posting your "test" comment outside (to the left) of the
end quote mark.

test[/quote]. Just testing.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 17 Jun 2013, 00:36

Oh cool
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 17 Jun 2013, 07:53

what would he say wrote:Oh cool

Maybe I got it too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 17 Jun 2013, 08:28

everyone scoring goals today
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 17 Jun 2013, 09:00

theminis wrote:everyone scoring goals today
Yay!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

HOW TO put your comments outside of someone's else's comment that you've quoted Empty test

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 18 Jun 2013, 16:56

LornaDoone wrote:Good night Joanna!

Got it!

Finally, I think I have it.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 18 Jun 2013, 22:31

Hi very intelligent Peeps....I really thought I had it.....but if I click on the quote button of a Picture or image...all I get is a great big pic and no place for my ramblings....Mmm .... having a bad day with all things gadgety......and today of all days!! you have posted some beautiful snaps of G ! and I wanted to say  
" This is a Beautiful Man".  But i've said it now....so all good. Help for next time please....X
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 28 Jul 2013, 15:41

As Lorna says, click on the last icon on the tool bar, the one that looks like a sheet of white paper with writing on, then you'll get space to put your words under whatever you're writing.

Katiedot
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 28 Jul 2013, 19:31

Admin wrote:As Lorna says, click on the last icon on the tool bar, the one that looks like a sheet of white paper with writing on, then you'll get space to put your words under whatever you're writing.

Katiedot

Just testing it too. Great, thanks for sharing Lorna. didn't know that. Makes it much easier Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 28 Jul 2013, 22:21

I always get the inserting images thing wrong....so I simply don't do that many.....any hope of making it easier, pleeeze...x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 29 Jul 2013, 00:32

I have found that once you do it for the first time, you don't have to remember to do it each time. At least I've not had any problem. It's probably one of the easiest lessons I've learned WWHS. Believe me, if I can learn it, ANYBODY can!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Jul 2013, 06:10

what would he say wrote:I always get the inserting images thing wrong....so I simply don't do that many.....any hope of making it easier, pleeeze...x
That has got a bit easier recently. Usually you have to create a photoaccount then link your pictures to this site, but sometimes when you copy and paste an article with pictures in, it'll automatically copy over the codes in the original article over into this site for you. But then, sometimes it doesn't.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down