George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Einstein in Germany

+22
it's me
Natascha
NotAvailable
Vi
bunny
isogotit
very vera
party animal - not!
amaretti
Joanna
Barbara Garabedian
LornaDoone
Maggy
OofOof
melbert
silly girl
Katiedot
annemarie
niloufar
hana200369
Picachu
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Einstein in Germany

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 May 2013, 11:44

Way2Old4Dis wrote:The picture (above) of Einstein has a copyright mark. I wondered how or why she would copyright a private picture of someone else's dog on someone else's plane
Firstly, if she took the picture, then it belongs to her so she has every right to copyright it. That goes for everyone: a picture belongs to whoever takes it not to whoever/whatever is in the photo.

That doesn't necessarily mean she can publish the picture: every country has its own privacy laws about what pictures of other people you can and can't publish but seeing as this is a picture of a dog then it's a moot point.

Secondly, I think that was a standard thing that comes with WhoSay. Whenever you upload a picture to WhoSay, which is what Stacy was using before she switched to Instagram, I think it automatically adds a copyright notice to it.

In theory that would stop magazines etc from taking the picture from the net and re-publishing it.

Now, why are we still talking about Stacy when she's not in Germany? Wink
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Einstein in Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Einstein in Germany

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 06 May 2013, 13:24

So, has anyone noticed if any other of her posted photos since then are carrying the 'copyright?' I wonder how she's choosing which to 'claim.' Probably the single-subject, inner-circle, I-was-the-only-one-there ones.

This seems like a long way to go to maintain an appearance of association.

I think she's putting together a retrospective: Doing Clooney. Coming to a Walmart bargain bin near you.

Kidding.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 06 May 2013, 13:26

Would it would be written in Burnt Sienna or Cyan?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 06 May 2013, 13:31

Katiedot, I don't question that she can copyright it; I was wondering why she would.

The WhoSay thing makes sense, I guess, even though it doesn't explain why the mark didn't show right off the bat. But it's not nearly as conspiratorial or funny, so I'm dismissing it out of hand.
Wink

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 06 May 2013, 14:22

Way2 you have no idea how much I enjoy your posts. Not having a great few weeks but you can always manage to make me laugh. I hope you really procrastinate today and post away!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 May 2013, 16:20

Way2Old4Dis wrote:So, has anyone noticed if any other of her posted photos since then are carrying the 'copyright?'
I think it was only the WhoSay ones. I haven't checked but I remember seeing a few of her pics with the copyright notice on ages back which I think stopped when she went to instagram.

Way2Old4Dis wrote:But it's not nearly as conspiratorial or funny, so I'm dismissing it out of hand.
Thumbs up!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 07 May 2013, 00:04

OofOof wrote:Way2 you have no idea how much I enjoy your posts. Not having a great few weeks but you can always manage to make me laugh. I hope you really procrastinate today and post away!

Hope things get better. Happy to be able to make you laugh a little. This place is great for mutual laughter-making.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 07 May 2013, 02:59

Way2Old4Dis wrote:So, has anyone noticed if any other of her posted photos since then are carrying the 'copyright?' I wonder how she's choosing which to 'claim.' Probably the single-subject, inner-circle, I-was-the-only-one-there ones.

This seems like a long way to go to maintain an appearance of association.

I think she's putting together a retrospective: Doing Clooney. Coming to a Walmart bargain bin near you.

Kidding.

I like this idea, but as a multi-volume set, with an edition by each previous girlfriend. It would be like the Encyclopedia Brittanica. Very Happy
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 03:01

You two are too funny. It would at least be as long as an old Encyclopedia Britannica!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2