George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours?

+23
m4rose
playfuldeb
Henway
Lighterside
lucy
Lakin460
theminis
melbert
it's me
Joanna
The next mrs clooney
janieb
amaretti
fava
party animal - not!
Dior
Mazy
OofOof
LornaDoone
silly girl
Bidbod
Katiedot
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I think:

Yes, she's already on the plane home

Yes, they're going to split up in the next week or so

No, they're going to keep on going for at least another month or more

View results

Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? Empty Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours?

Post by Katiedot Sat 23 Mar 2013, 11:15

With all of these split rumours circulating - despite official and unofficial denials - do you think George and Stacy are on the verge of a breakup? I know we've done this before but it's always fun to see if we've changed our minds or not.

As always, vote above and feel free to comment below.

When I did the poll, I got a little stuck on the word imminent. For me imminent means really soon and really soon means in a week, give or take. If this relationship carries on for more than a month, then it's not really imminent - especially not in the world of Clooney who doesn't usually date for more than a year or two, so each month counts.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? Empty Re: Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours?

Post by Bidbod Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:00

I voted another month. He could have easily run with the rumours and ended it. Done and dusted. But no. He brought her to Berlin. He prolonged it. I think whatever it was, it is over and she is sorry. Him, not so much.

Last edited by Bidbod on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:03; edited 1 time in total

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours? Empty Re: Do you believe the George and Stacy split rumours?

Post by silly girl Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:03

I voted no as they are probably both comfortable in the relationship.

We keep saying he has a pattern but don't we think that the pattern is really only these last 3 girlfriends? The media etc keep saying that SK made it to 2 awards seasons but let's face it he only really started going to the award shows since SL. He didn't take a date to his first Oscars other than his manager and even then there weren't a million entertainment outlets reporting on it.

Yes he has dated lots of women but some lasted more than 3 years while others were more just a few dates. As I said they are in a comfortable arrangement whether it is real or not. JMO

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidbod Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:13

I think whatever the relationship was, the mutually beneficial dynamic has definitely changed. She is not so cocksure, so to speak! It reminds me of when Elisabetta turned up in Milan when he was filming the Norwegian bank ad and looked defiant going into the hotel with him. He looked over it. He had been filming Gravity in London, she had not been seen and the rumour mill was in overdrive. One month later, Elizabetta was gone. Same situation here, I think. He is phasing Stacy out.

Bidbod
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 23 Mar 2013, 14:17

I'm not sure when they'll split so I didn't vote. Can't really tell with George what he'll do any longer.

One thing I'm sure of - if someone else comes along who has the bucks, the ability to get Stacy the type of jobs she wants (not just publicity gigs cause she's the girlfriend of..) and he's willing to marry her then she'll be the one to split.

The gal has a plan and it doesn't necessarily involve forever after with George. I think she's a realist and will work this for as long as she can, but if someone else stepped up - again rich with entertainment contacts or clout, closer to her age and is good looking too - I think she'll go for it. Cause really, she'd have to be totally dense to think George is going to change his mind about getting married especially to her. And for gals like Stacy - marriage is really the only way they are going to be sure that they'll get to live the type of life that she's been aspiring to since she high kicked herself onto the football field and jumped into the wrestling ring.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sat 23 Mar 2013, 14:51

I voted more than a month because I think George wants to work on his movie in peace

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 23 Mar 2013, 15:17

I'm with Lux. Voted more than a month simply because I don't think George wants the distraction a full on split would cause right now.

But I also, sadly think Lorna is spot on in her analysis. I ve thought for a while that if the right pro athlete, retired pro or investment banker with entertainment ties or enough money came along, and marriage was offered, she'd jump the George wagon. I just don't think she's with him for love or passion. Have thought since day one they were friends with benefits but if the benefits were better from someone else, my guess is she'd move on.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 23 Mar 2013, 18:32

I also voted another month, I'm not sure if they are ready to call it quits right now because of the movie for one. But George might want some time to get himself together, after that for them to see if they want to continue. I don't think he wants to make decissions under pressure.

I don't think he's in love with her, but who knows. You know me I don't want him with anyone but me. But if he met someone and was really in love with them I would be very happy for him. I hope I would. ;-)
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 24 Mar 2013, 09:05

New vocabulary of the day: "cocksure"
My English is evolving Smile

*giggle
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 24 Mar 2013, 09:11

To stay on topic, I voted they will split soon, but this may be only wishful thinking as my poor little heart is aching and I so want to have him for myself, exclusive of course!
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 24 Mar 2013, 09:54

silly girl wrote:Yes he has dated lots of women but some lasted more than 3 years while others were more just a few dates.
Not so sure about this. The last girlfriend he dated for more than 2 years was Celine and that a decade ago. Since then, I don't think anyone has made it much past the two year mark.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:12

Well, on that basis, this is interesting, because this is possibly more than that, given that they've been friends longer, and that SK said they met again at a party three years ago (talking to B Bush in October).........on the other hand.............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 24 Mar 2013, 13:25

Oh yes, no way of knowing how long he's known the women he dates, but how long he's dated them is fairly clear.

It was the same story with Sarah Larson that apparently he'd seen her working in a bar in LV some years before they got together. I believe there were similar rumours about Elisabetta too but I'm not sure how much I believe those.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Mar 2013, 14:48

Katiedot wrote:Oh yes, no way of knowing how long he's known the women he dates, but how long he's dated them is fairly clear.

It was the same story with Sarah Larson that apparently he'd seen her working in a bar in LV some years before they got together. I believe there were similar rumours about Elisabetta too but I'm not sure how much I believe those.

Waited several years before he asked her out?

Well hells bells then.

Either he's deep down really, really shy or he's a damn stalker. "Gotta see the bar girl, can't stop thinking about the bar girl, gotta meet the bar girl, what do I say to the bar girl?" "Oh wait, I forgot I'm George Clooney - let me get drunk and then I'll have the courage to ask her out!"

Brahahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 24 Mar 2013, 15:02

Rumors like these (that he scopes women out a long time before he dates them) make me wonder how predatory George is. Not a quality I like I have to say. Does anyone else remember story where friend of his (Tommy of the boys) had a camera and would take photos of potential women for G? I thought that idea had a very high "ick" factor. Does anyone have an opinion about how calculated his seduction of women is?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 24 Mar 2013, 15:15

I believe that his (still?) friend from Belstaff said in an interview that GC had seen Elisabetta on TV and asked to meet her - not a lot of difference really. Possibly did similar with Stacy, e g red carpet host for Spike VT awards, but who knows?

I think in his position it must be really difficult to slowly get to know anybody slowly.....in fact I think I remember him saying so in one interview, but don't ask me which one.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 24 Mar 2013, 17:28

I remember reading something to the affect that when they first met they each were in a relationship. I think SK's was 3 or 4 years. CRS so I don't know all the details.
Dior
vocabulary of the day: "cocksure
I remember this one from back when ;-))
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 24 Mar 2013, 17:53

Mazy wrote:I remember reading something to the affect that when they first met they each were in a relationship. I think SK's was 3 or 4 years. CRS so I don't know all the details.
Dior

Pardon?
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 24 Mar 2013, 18:03

I don't get the 2 year thing with Stacy. Almost all the gossip sites make it sound as though they've been together longer than any GF. They may well have been friends with benefits before they officially got together but the same could be said about the last 2 for sure. So if she flew to Como in July, that would put them at just over a year and a half. And, if you go by officially "stepping out" as a couple, that would place it in Sept of 2011 when she wore that wonderful mini dress and bee hive hair do.

All I can say, is I miss those sweet days of young love and Stacy style! Bring back her original stylist! It was way more fun!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 24 Mar 2013, 18:20

Maybe he is bashful . I am bashful when I like a guy .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 24 Mar 2013, 18:38

Sadly Amaretti I think he's a rich and powerful guy who knows he can have almost any woman he wants. Seems like that's been the case for him since high school, according to his sister. I suspect the rich and powerful operate like this all over the world. they see a beautiful woman in a club, on TV or in a magazine and they call on someone to approach her. And, sadly, many women seem more than happy to oblige!

Think Donald Trump...frankly, I don't know how his many wives have done it...George on the other hand is most certainly the golden prize for these women--sexy, good looking, rich, fun, nice and, while most would probably like to marry him, the fact he also wants to keep it simple would be a plus in my book!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Sun 24 Mar 2013, 18:44

fava wrote:Rumors like these (that he scopes women out a long time before he dates them) make me wonder how predatory George is. Not a quality I like I have to say. Does anyone else remember story where friend of his (Tommy of the boys) had a camera and would take photos of potential women for G? I thought that idea had a very high "ick" factor. Does anyone have an opinion about how calculated his seduction of women is?

I had never heard that before. Wow, yep that is different. Rolling Eyes
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 24 Mar 2013, 18:56

Interesting modus operandi.

Thought men from Texas were still chasing women with a lariat.

Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 24 Mar 2013, 18:57

Mazy wrote:I remember reading something to the affect that when they first met they each were in a relationship. I think SK's was 3 or 4 years. CRS so I don't know all the details.
Dior

I think Stacy shares your CRS. In some interviews she said they met at a party when she was on DWTS which was 2006 then she says that they have been friends for 3 years. Now I am no math genius but even I know the numbers dont add up.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 24 Mar 2013, 19:09

Cannot one can meet someone at a party but not become friends with them until years later, especially if one is in a relationship ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 24 Mar 2013, 19:13

Joanna when someone asks you how you met you tell them how you first met whether it led to anything or not. Plus according to Stacy they have been friends since they met at that party so her math is still not telling the truth. If Stacy said that grass was purple you would defend her on that too Joanna.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 24 Mar 2013, 19:21

The next mrs clooney wrote:Joanna when someone asks you how you met you tell them how you first met whether it led to anything or not. Plus according to Stacy they have been friends since they met at that party so her math is still not telling the truth. If Stacy said that grass was purple you would defend her on that too Joanna.

Really ? I love Purple too ! But my real favourite is Blue Grass, Elizabeth Arden.

I was just being logical in response to what you alone said, not based on any interviews
that Stacy may have made. I haven't seen or heard her say anything about
when they met you see.

That's all sunshine.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 24 Mar 2013, 19:34

I think Ms Kiebler is smart enough to quite deliberately give different dates, because short of saying 'Well, I was around when another girlfriend was also on the scene' would be a step too far.

A lot of people know a lot more than we do - Julie Chen being one -and that's the way they want it. I don't blame them. Smokescreens are good if you want a private life

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 24 Mar 2013, 20:54

friend of his (Tommy of the boys) had a camera and would take photos of potential women for G

what?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Mar 2013, 21:06

I read that George was with Elizabetta (or maybe it was with Sarah) at some awards show or industry event and he saw Stacy there and told her that he had seen her on Dancing with the Stars and complimented her.

That's where I thought they had officially met.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 24 Mar 2013, 21:44

party animal - not! wrote:I think Ms Kiebler is smart enough to quite deliberately give different dates, because short of saying 'Well, I was around when another girlfriend was also on the scene' would be a step too far.

A lot of people know a lot more than we do - Julie Chen being one -and that's the way they want it. I don't blame them. Smokescreens are good if you want a private life

I love your positivity PAN and, maybe because I'm having a shitty day and am tired of not feeling great, I have to say, if the way Stacy lives is "private" then I guess you and I have totally different ways of looking at the word private. Before George, she attended every red carpet event she could, with or without her boyfriend. In comments she made on those red carpet events, she basically invited the public into her "private life." The same thing happened when she hooked up with George...at first. Remember all those tweets. Hell, she's still tweeting where she is and with whom, albeit indirectly, whenever she needs the PR. And frankly, George seems to use the "privacy please" BS whenever it fits his needs but then loves to use the Papparazzi when he needs publicity.

And Julie Chen is a yutze, in my opinion only. She's a Stacy, only older. She married the boss who is 30+ years her senior. I'm sure she feels very sympathetic towards her, not to mention wanting to increase her shows ratings.

The only stars out there today who don't seem to use the media in the way that so many, George included, do are the Meryl Streeps and who else...can't think. Know they're out there but because they're not in my face everyday on the gossip sites or even regular media, I don't think about their personal lives. I don't want or need to know!

I know, I'm a hypocrite today. I love seeing photos of George but only when it seems like they're really candid. Not something he's posed for or set up. Guess I'm just really really tired and grumpy today so don't mind this rant. I love your posts PAN and hope you don't think I'm picking on you. You're just always so NICE and happy and right now I just feel like crying!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 24 Mar 2013, 21:54

OofOof wrote:right now I just feel like crying!
Give Flowers Love5
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Mar 2013, 22:27

melbert wrote:
Give Flowers Love5

Well let's all cry with you - hell it's almost time for me to get my period I'll definitely be in a crying mood.

Oh wait, did I just put this on a public forum? Ah fuck it! I don't care - Wah! Wah! sniffle... sniffle!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 24 Mar 2013, 22:29

Thanks Lorna and Mel. I'm feeling better already. Not used to being sick and I just can't beat this so feeling sorry for myself which is never good!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 24 Mar 2013, 22:36

OofOof wrote:Thanks Lorna and Mel. I'm feeling better already. Not used to being sick and I just can't beat this so feeling sorry for myself which is never good!

Ah go on - feel sorry for yourself - we all need to wallow sometimes!

Hope you feel better soon!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 24 Mar 2013, 23:03

Must be something in the water. Don't be sad OofOof I have been crying all week myself. Hopefully this next week will bring better things for all. Feel better! sunny

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 24 Mar 2013, 23:33

melbert wrote:
Give Flowers Love5

From my gorgeous daughter to you Oof off, sentiments from her song,

"You'll always have my shoulder when you cry, never let go, never say goodbye" You can count on me, like 1,2,3 I'll be there, cause that's what friends are supposed to do" xxxx

go March Chit Chat for those that want an update......
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:01

For all those who feel poorly or sad or fed up today.......

flower Give Flowers flower Give Flowers flower Give Flowers flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:33

Oof-oof, Silly Girl, Theminis, and anyone else who feels the need.............

Do you think it would it help if we all shouted to no-one in particular

!!!!!. HAIRS ON MENS LEGS!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Mar 2013, 00:35

That we can rip off with Wax Strips - that would make me feel better!!!!

Too funny Party Animal
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 25 Mar 2013, 03:42

theminis wrote:That we can rip off with Wax Strips - that would make me feel better!!!!

Too funny Party Animal

Oooo, I like the ripping hair off mens legs idea! Pain - let them feel pain. Wuhahahahaha!

Hmm, I wonder if I missed a calling of being a dominatrix?

Nah, the leather suit would probably chaff in all the wrong places.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 25 Mar 2013, 04:05

LornaDoone,
Oooo, I like the ripping hair off mens legs idea! Pain - let them feel pain. Wuhahahahaha!
You could kill 2 birds with one stone; think of all the things that some guy ever did that hurt you while you are ripping hair off.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 25 Mar 2013, 05:04

Count me on that! PMS-ing like nobody's business and perfectly happy to inflict pain where it's due. Or even where it's not due.

Now, back on topic again, I see 73% of us think George and Stacy are going to be together for at least another month if not longer.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:14

Isnt that interesting Katie - someone mentioned it on another thread somewhere that maybe the split would happen just before her shows airs, so yeah a month or so makes sense. Me Im giving it till past summer! shock horror..
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:19

Ah. I see you're an optimist!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 25 Mar 2013, 06:44

I didn't think that George would break with SK until after her show started. He's that kind of guy that he would want to see it get off the ground before he would make a break. I don't think that he wants it to affect her draw power. Once it has started to air then it's up to her to hold onto any following.
I hate to say this because it would break my heart, but I'm not too sure that he'll break with her then even. You know how I always worry about how he is feeling. With all that he has going on this year; I not sure if he wants to deal with a new relationship. I don't know??? JMHO
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Mar 2013, 07:24

Katiedot wrote:Ah. I see you're an optimist!

Yep I am, plus I just don't see the split happening anytime soon
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:22

Hey Oof Oof, wanna a xanax? Guaranteed to cure what ails ya'! At least for 4 - 6 hours.......

Sorry to hear you're not up to par. Hang in there, sweetie. I always feel better after a good cry. God made women that way. God also made xanax......shit, I'm back on that subject again.

In case you all are wondering why Lakin is all of a sudden on a xanax kick when I used to regularly promote wine, go to March chit chat. I'll post more there.
Luv you, Oof Oof! Hang tough, my friend!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 25 Mar 2013, 15:41

I think she can promote her show on her own as the ex .

Last edited by amaretti on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 22:14; edited 1 time in total

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 25 Mar 2013, 17:09

Would love to see him find someone that could be in his life for longer than 2-3 years. But I've given up on MY fantasy, so who knows, with all the women that would jump at the chance to be the next GF of the moment, he could already have her picked out. Someone he met years ago, and the romance has already began by texting. Sound familiar?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next