George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant

+11
phys major
Dior
Atalante
Best in Category
MM
it's me
Lighterside
ktsue2002
silly girl
Joanna
laetval
15 posters

Go down

George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant Empty George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant

Post by laetval Mon 28 Jan 2013, 09:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney baffles Berliner by paying dinner bill

George Clooney confused a German man in a posh Berlin restaurant by paying for his dinner. The Hollywood star apparently feared he and his friends had been rude, but the baffled businessman didn't even notice the actor at the next table.

The man ate at the Grill Royal restaurant in the centre of the city on Friday evening - but when he went to pay the more than €100 bill, he found it had already been covered.

The waiter said George Clooney had paid it, fearing he had his friends who were at the next table, had disturbed the man by being too loud.

"That's not true at all. They had behaved in a very cultivated manner. I was stunned," the man told Monday's Bild newspaper.

He left his business card at the Hollywood star's table so he could one day return the favour - and even then did not recognize Clooney.

It was only after he left the restaurant that the man realized who had bought him dinner, he told the paper.

Clooney is in Berlin preparing to make his new movie The Monuments Men in Babelsberg, Potsdam.

He is expected to bring other big stars to town, including Cate Blanchet, Matt Damon, Jean Dujardin and Bill Murray to take part in the film which tells the story of art historians and museum curators who tried to save art looted by the Nazis before it was destroyed at the end of World War II.

A call for candidates to try out for extra parts in the film this weekend resulted in around 3,500 people queuing up in freezing temperatures for a possible role as a German soldier.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant Empty Re: George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:52

That's a typical George gesture Thumbs up!

I'd have paid to "people watch and eavesdrop"
in that restaurant on Friday !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant Empty Re: George Clooney pays fellow diner's bill in Berlin restaurant

Post by silly girl Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:05

Great story. Thanks Laetval for finding one that had a good translation. I saw it earlier but my translation kept coming up wonky.

This is something my brother would have done....very nice.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 14:11

Now that sounds like my birthday twin with whom I admire so greatly! I have said it before, it is not his looks that make me quiver; it is his caring and giving heart that shines through for me. If more people cared like he does, this world would be a better place.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 28 Jan 2013, 14:14

Good Lord Joanna...what have you done to George? (that avatar is spooky!) LOL

I agree ktsue, it's in his nature to be generous and it's one of the most attractive things about him...his great personality outshines his good looks, in my opinion. 10 out of 10
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:16

Lol lighter....he's auditioning for his new film The Hulk !
I'll change it shortly.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:48

The G Hulk was nice!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 28 Jan 2013, 20:00

Green George looked like he fell into a vat of spinach dip. LOL!!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 28 Jan 2013, 21:39

good samaritan

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:10

Gossip Cop must love that they get to say something is true! Wink

George Clooney Picks Up Stranger’s Tab at Berlin Restaurant
Truth rating: 10
George Clooney
4:57 pm, January 28th, 2013

George Clooney has once again shown himself to be the perfect gentleman.

Fearing that his party had been too loud while dining at the Grill Royal restaurant in Berlin, the actor reportedly picked up the approximately $120 bill for a nearby table.

The German patron told Bild newspaper that when he went to pay his check, his waiter informed him that Clooney had already covered the tab because he worried his party had disturbed the man.

However, the man said that rather than being too boisterous, Clooney and his friends had “behaved in a very cultivated manner,” and he was “stunned” the movie star had felt the need to pay his check.

It wasn’t until he left the restaurant that the patron realized who Clooney was.

Clooney is currently preparing to film his upcoming movie The Monuments Men in Potsdam.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:14

Georgieporgie you are NOT that wellknown ! Get over it ! Laughing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:18

LOL!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:55

Maybe George hasn't encountered the boisterous beer drinking, linking arms while singing, German Beer Fest's yet ? Lol
My husband has and he caused a long bench full of beer drinking revellers to fall all over the floor. They all had linked arms, swaying from side to side singing when he threw himself backwards.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:03

Joanna, they will not do this in that kind of expensive restaurants?
Btw, I'm getting tired of the restaurant pics, I wish he would do a special photo op snacking a Currywurst or a Bulette avec Schrippe on the street... lip smack
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:19

Really gossip cop confirmed George paid for an expensive dinner for a stranger who could pay for his own dinner...give me a break!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:22

Great now st George is getting praised for helping the wealthy..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Jan 2013, 12:35

Hah! And here's me trying to figure out how $60 a head including wine (assuming there were only two people at the table) works out as expensive!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:29

This proves that he is considerate! Some of us could learn from him being so considerate.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:38

Sounds like he is aware of how disruptive his fame can be on someones everyday life.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 29 Jan 2013, 17:05

Really katie??? He was in. Posh establishment..by the way the story plays out it was one person and maybe he had a damn burger!!!
It also said more than the 100 dollar bill maybe it was 600???

Last edited by phys major on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:18; edited 1 time in total
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:06

phys major wrote:Great now st George is getting praised for helping the wealthy..

LOL!

Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:16

better keep attention to strange things

Berlin Police Give City Bus Stops All-Clear After Fluid Found
By Brian Parkin
Jan 29, 2013

Berlin police removed cordons from six bus stops near the Alexanderplatz area that were sealed off early today after workers putting up posters at the sites found a suspicious fluid and complained of breathing problems.
Police and technical staff from the city’s BVG transport company who examined the bus stops found no evidence of poisonous substances in the fluid and were unable to account for the physical complaints of the two workers, police spokesman Dirk Stoewhase said in an interview.
“Vandals often etch glass with acid but we found none in the spilled liquid and signs of damage to the bus stops were clearly old,” said Stoewhase. “We cannot at this stage explain the workers’ symptoms.” Police reopened the bus stops to the public at about 9 a.m. after about two hours, he said.
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:22

ktsue2002 wrote:This proves that he is considerate! Some of us could learn from him being so considerate.

If he was being considerate he wouldn't have thought he was annoying him, Therefore paying for his bill !
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:28

it's me wrote:better keep attention to strange things

Berlin Police Give City Bus Stops All-Clear After Fluid Found
By Brian Parkin
Jan 29, 2013

Berlin police removed cordons from six bus stops near the Alexanderplatz area that were sealed off early today after workers putting up posters at the sites found a suspicious fluid and complained of breathing problems.
Police and technical staff from the city’s BVG transport company who examined the bus stops found no evidence of poisonous substances in the fluid and were unable to account for the physical complaints of the two workers, police spokesman Dirk Stoewhase said in an interview.
“Vandals often etch glass with acid but we found none in the spilled liquid and signs of damage to the bus stops were clearly old,” said Stoewhase. “We cannot at this stage explain the workers’ symptoms.” Police reopened the bus stops to the public at about 9 a.m. after about two hours, he said.

No danger for George, he will not drive the bus, will he?
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:29

Here's being considerate, me not punching someone's daughter in the face while my friends and I watch her mother die because she can't seem to find the time to care for her own mother!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:43

While I was working at a home for elderly people, I called a woman 5 times a day, because her mother was going to die, she didn't had the time to come. The old Lady died that night, alone.
Next day in the afternoon this woman came to pick up the rings and the earrings of her mother.
Lesson for life.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Jan 2013, 19:11

phys and Dior....Don't forget that some Mothers haven't been
good Mothers to their Daughters.
So why should the Daughter then be a good Daughter
when Mother is dying ?
I too have seen many examples of Mother Daughter relationships over the years....both good ones and bad ones.

Sorry....off topic !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 29 Jan 2013, 19:20

Sorry Joanna I have a friend who's mother was a prostitute he doesn't like her but he takes care of her...I'm In the book u take care of her on her death bed even if she was a shitty mother..even if it's just for the satisfaction of seeing her die...forgiveness...Is mandatory in all aspects of life....
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 29 Jan 2013, 19:51

Yes, forgiveness, your release from hate.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Jan 2013, 20:24

phys major wrote:Sorry Joanna I have a friend who's mother was a prostitute he doesn't like her but he takes care of her...I'm In the book u take care of her on her death bed even if she was a shitty mother..even if it's just for the satisfaction of seeing her die...forgiveness...Is mandatory in all aspects of life....

I'm talking Mothers and Daughters phys....Mothers and Sons are a different ball game.
But what would be the purpose of watching someone die who's treated you badly all your life ?
Have to agree to disagree friend flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Jan 2013, 20:27

Forgiveness is Fabulous.....but only when there is true remorse
and an apology given.

I don't do hypocrisy.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 29 Jan 2013, 20:46

Joanna wrote:Forgiveness is Fabulous.....but only when there is true remorse
and an apology given. I don't do hypocrisy.

Thanks Joanna - I was looking for the directions to forgiveness and this helps!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 29 Jan 2013, 22:29

I personally believe of you can't forgive without an apology or remorse from someone else you are only harming yourself emotionally and physically...but I will agree to disagree as much as that kills me to do..I would like to say I have been abused by my ex husband and I forgave him with no apology..it made me a healthier happier person..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 30 Jan 2013, 05:01

Ok, let's get the conversation back on track, folks.

phys major wrote:Really katie??? He was in. Posh establishment..by the way the story plays out it was one person and maybe he had a damn burger!!!
It also said more than the 100 dollar bill maybe it was 600???
The article said George paid $120 for the other table's dinner. Who knows if that was right. It doesn't say how many people were at dinner, only quotes the man who was going to pay for it. Perhaps we was alone.

From the website it looks like a nice place and there's no way of knowing which details the article got right.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 30 Jan 2013, 07:47

Well, I have seen some very expensive dishes before, and if a couple of ppl have those heaped with appetizer, deserts and certain expensive drinks... it can add up. Yes it only mentions him I think because he was the one who would have paid. Wink
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 30 Jan 2013, 13:46

hah, there is one possibility, very obvious I´d say...

he was making a move
that´s right now the guy owns him "a favor" Rolling Eyes

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:04

Lol that same thought went through my head!!! And his head too!!! Lol
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:13

I'd love to be in the same restaurant with him. I wouldn't really care if he paid the bill, but I wouldn't leave another opportunity open without telling him "I am a big fan, and I treasure my autographed photo. Can I have a fan photo with you?" Of course, I would wait til he finished eating first.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:20

Yeah simple explanation to complex situation
or is it complex explanation to simple situation...
Razz

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:26

ktsue2002 way to go
I couldn´t do it
Just a mere thought he would associate me with this BIC person here
would make me want to sink under thew ground...

If that happened I´d be too busy contacting the moderator:
is there a price for deleting 100, 500, 1000 posts - all of them and immidiately?

Then I could start from the clean table: oh, ahaa, GC? ! I barely recognized...etc. I would behave. Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 30 Jan 2013, 16:50

BIC, don't be silly, your posts are so funny!
Maybe you should just avoid to meet his girlfriend! Very Happy
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Jan 2013, 17:00

phys major wrote:Lol that same thought went through my head!!! And his head too!!! Lol

Oooooooo.....you're obsessed woman.....again ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 17:08

I guess that is part of the reason why I don't talk smack about him or his relationships, unless it is something positive.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 31 Jan 2013, 15:39

Us Magazine has the story---

George Clooney Pays a Stranger’s Restaurant Tab
CELEBRITY NEWS
JANUARY 31, 2013 AT 5:30AM BY SUZY BYRNE, OMG! STAFF

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you ever happen to walk into a restaurant and see George Clooney dining there, do whatever it takes to get seated next to him!
The 51-year-old star enjoyed a meal – and apparently some lively conversation – with friends at the Grill Royal restaurant in Berlin over the weekend. However, worried his party was perhaps too lively, the affable actor generously picked up the bill for a table of strangers who happened to be seated nearby.
Local German newspaper Bild broke the news of Clooney’s generosity (later confirmed by the actor’s rep), reporting that the Oscar-winning actor and part-time tequila maker dropped about $135 on the dinner tab. Something the story also noted? Clooney and friends actually weren’t disruptive in the first place.
"They had behaved in a very cultivated manner," one of the men who benefited from Clooney’s kind gesture told the newspaper. And when he was told a stranger picked up their bill? "I was stunned," he replied.
The businessman – who didn't realize he was among Hollywood royalty – walked over to Clooney’s table and left his card, telling the star that he hoped to one day be able to return the favor.
Clooney, who is known for his generosity (and apparently has excellent manners), is in Germany filming "The Monuments Men," which is about a group of art experts trying to save priceless artworks from destruction by the Nazis. Clooney is starring in and directing the film, which also features Daniel Craig and Cate Blanchett.
Keep an eye out for him while he’s still in town, Berliners!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down