George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
January Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

January Chit Chat

+19
playfuldeb
Picachu
Lighterside
Merlin
Best in Category
Atalante
Vi
Maggy
it's me
theminis
pattygirl
silly girl
suebee
melbert
Katiedot
Joanna
OofOof
cindigirl
LornaDoone
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

January Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: January Chit Chat

Post by Best in Category Sun 27 Jan 2013, 07:21

Never before has privacy been so public.

Just checked my IP and location.
Public. It says computer is Mac book air. Right.
Location. Longitude and latitude. Very wrong.

You want to mask, change, reroute and obtain some type of solid privacy you can use a special server, proxy.

Hashes play a big role in facilitating database searches, also passwords etc. Well basically what ever you do in the net you always leave a mark. Emails, message boards, shoppings, any commercial site or papers net versions (most of them follow how many and even who visit their pages).

Pictures are tricky. Many people want to keep location and time attached because that way they can search, find and place all the pictures in their galleries. Downside is that information travelles with these pics when they are forwarded (face, instragam etc.)

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:27

Is it really a problem to us though ?
The pluses of the Internet far outweigh the minuses IMO.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 27 Jan 2013, 17:51

the most important thing is to be aware
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 27 Jan 2013, 18:18

Joanna wrote:Is it really a problem to us though ?
The pluses of the Internet far outweigh the minuses IMO.
For the time being maybe not. What worries me is that it's the thin edge of the wedge. Where does this go in the future?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 27 Jan 2013, 19:53

OK it's my fault - now I have to go and wash my eyes out. I visited IMDb and found this incredibly false accusation.

"Previously KATIE.BUTTPLUG RAN MilanoCookiesCrumbs, with her PR troll regulars [melbert with the testicles, lighterside, cindygirl/oof oof, noodle/ mazy and several other names they use. She would constantly drop hints that Clooney was bisexual with Waldo Sanchez. He's not. But Katie.ButtPlug often would repeat it. Why? Because of fake sensationalism."

Now I know for sure this isn't true - I am not oof oof. But I especially liked the reference to melbert with the testicles (hope I didn't insult you mel). This and this alone convinces me that these people who are posting there are certifiably insane.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:06

No offence taken from you CindiGirl, however, the whole paragraph pissed me off when I read it from that person on IMDb. I don't understand why IMDb doesn't monitor better. He/she/it defames everybody, but then calls those people out if they dare say anything about he/she/it. Oh well, he/she/it has to look in their own mirror and I certainly don't know how they can with all that hatred inside of them. AND how does he/she/it know what I have in my panties!!!!????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:16

I believe we are all big enough here to cope with stuff
that comes across from the playground.... Love3

Whoever it is...IMO they need a good f$$$$$g to get their
dormant grown up gene alive and kicking.....seriously.

From experience......I KNOW that works..... Yahooooo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:24

They also said we "trolls" are not allowed to post in red. You proved them wrong mel. And Joanna i love your green George. At this point with Argo's success I'm wondering if he IS green with envy that he didn't take the Argo leading role instead of Afflect who I was disappointed to see showed up at the award show.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:38

cindigirl wrote:They also said we "trolls" are not allowed to post in red. You proved them wrong mel. And Joanna i love your green George. At this point with Argo's success I'm wondering if he IS green with envy that he didn't take the Argo leading role instead of Afflect who I was disappointed to see showed up at the award show.

Glad you like him Cindi....

Who received the Award for Argo then ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:45

Hey Mel.....you'll have to contact George for details
of his Ball Ironer soon !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:57

Wow how did I get included in that? Does it mean I will be getting a check soon???? I don't know who Masy is, but I'll be on the lookout for her posts.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 27 Jan 2013, 21:06

Joanna wrote:Who received the Award for Argo then ?

Only Afflect showed up to receive the award.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Sun 27 Jan 2013, 21:09

Oh Cindigirl! I hadn't visited that place in months but you got my curiosity going. How can one crazy, no lets be polite, less than in touch with reality, person talk to themselves for so long? Excuse me. My eyes need to go take a shower now.

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Jan 2013, 22:53

Joanna, Ben and Grant were there. Grant made a statement about his other two producers being "Sexiest Men Alive".
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 28 Jan 2013, 00:29

I didn't think G was there. I looked up in Google and it said Grant was there but not George.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Jan 2013, 00:45

I think given the recent PGA win that George will try to make it to the Oscars. Fingers seriously crossed for Best Picture Oscar!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 02:06

Wouldn't that be wonderful! It would really improve the credibility and interest in Smokehouse!! Not that Mr. Clooney can't garner the attention and interest alone needed to help build the Smokehouse name, but considering there is more than Clooney working there, it would help broaden the appeal of his company, and for once somebody might actual make note of Grant Heslov. Doesn't it just seem like he always gets shoved in the corner. Ironically, he may very well be the reason why Smokehouse has seemingly grew to its current status. So, thank you Ben Affleck for showing interest in that little idea that Mr. Heslov and Mr. Clooney took interest in first.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 28 Jan 2013, 04:37

noodle wrote:Wow how did I get included in that? Does it mean I will be getting a check soon????
Don't hold your breath waiting - you might turn blue!

Oh my, that's probably one of the funniest posts she's made in a long time. You've got to feel sorry for her, don't you?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 28 Jan 2013, 08:14

As far as I am concerned
I don´t care who is who
or who thinks who can be who

I so wish I lived in Venice, when they had those parties that lasted 6 months and another 6 months was spent to recover and preparation for next one. All wearing masks and costumes. And Casanova was there...

Comical situations can happen when someone thinks you are somebody else. Not just in the net but real life.

I was invited to this seminar, in L., which took place in 5 star hotel´s big cabinet. It started off with a breakfast. I arrived in time and looked for available place around the long table. A guy stopped me

- Can you get me another cap of coffee, please? He said.
- Sure. I said and picked the empty cup in front of him.
- Not in that one! A new cup!
- Okeydokey.
- Just how long have you worked here?
- I don´t work here.
- Rented help. Didn´t you get ANY basic training, you poor thing?
- None what so ever.
- It shows. Now try and get me the coffee, will you?

After he got his coffee, only nearest available seat was next to him so I sat there, because first speaker had already arrived.

- Honey pumpkin, as much I would like you to stay I am afraid you can´t. All the staff has to leave. He said. Then leaned toward me and whispered
- There is going to be confidential information, all Latin to you.
- Could be. I need to get some breakfast fast as it might very well be the best thing that this morning and afternoon has to offer for me.
- You have an invitation?
- I do. (I wanted to ask if he was a doorman, checking for invitations, but I didn´t)

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Mon 28 Jan 2013, 13:42

I think I do feel sorry for her in some ways. She is annoying but if she really has a mental problem I would hate to have to live in her mind. And if she is not mentally ill and just does this for fun I would still hate to live in her head. I can't imagine the only thing making someone happy being to spent all their time ranting, in a way that makes no sense to anyone else, so much so that she has to invent people to answer and agree with her. Constant anger drives people away, even when it makes sense. She and her computer must live in a lonely world. In my more charitable moments I wish she would seek help. Whichever guess is right she needs it.

And I'm still wondering who Masy is since I'm supposed to be her. Maybe I can put working for George on my resume? lol

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 28 Jan 2013, 21:50

Katiedot, thanks for creating a seperate category for my story. That was nice. I really like this blog. Gives me a chance to talk about Mr. Clooney with people, or some atleast, who actually might listen. Take care, ktsue
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:03

BIC that's a funny story.

Too bad you weren't one of the speakers - had I been there - seen that and then saw you get up to speak I think I would have pissed myself laughing!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:44

ktsue2002 wrote:Katiedot, thanks for creating a seperate category for my story. That was nice. I really like this blog. Gives me a chance to talk about Mr. Clooney with people, or some atleast, who actually might listen. Take care, ktsue

Hope you enjoy all the "old threads" and features here....there's plenty to keep you out of mischief for a long time !
Have you seen all of George's films ?
Do you have favourites ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 29 Jan 2013, 01:25

I have seen most all of his films, but not his early work like Return of the Killer Tomatoes. My favorites are Out of Sight, Good Night, and Good Luck., and for sentimental reasons Leatherheads! What about you, Joanna? Where has Mr. Clooney really excelled in his film work for you?
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 30 Jan 2013, 22:53

Okay a tiny wee bit emotional today. 2 of my children after 6 weeks of school holidays started back at school today. My 7 year old as expected with a tear in his eye, sitting there at assembly staring at me with that sad little face. My 5 year old totally cool calm and collected. I was totally fine until the principal said "Parents, you have had your children at home for 6 weeks, nows its time to say goodbye to them and hand them over to us for a bit of fun and hopefully some learning". Made a hasty exit lest my little ones see the tears in my eyes, such a sook I am.

Can't wait to pick them up and find out how their first day went, who they are in class with etc.

Can someone please re-assure me that it gets easier and less emotional, otherwise if Im still crying when they are older, for sure they will disown me!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 30 Jan 2013, 23:08

6 weeks of school holidays ?
wow!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 30 Jan 2013, 23:31

Yep in Australia most school have 4 terms or 2 semesters, so they have 3 lots of 2 week vacations throughout the year, then they end the year usually just before Christmas Day and return to school again the end of January or beginning of Feb. Up until last week and a bit this week, I was soaking them all up and really loving them being around all day, but they really truly tried my patience and tolerance levels, particularly this week. My 3 year old kind of got sick of seeing so much of them too I think, so started a lot of dramas. He was so funny, this morning he went and got their school bags and put them by the front door as if to say get to school now!!! But when he said goodbye gave his older brother/sister really big hugs and kisses, he will miss them even though he doesn't know it yet.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 31 Jan 2013, 03:49

It really does get easier the older they get TheMinis! I promise! Soon enough you'll be saying "isn't it time for school to start?????"
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 31 Jan 2013, 05:50

LOOOL !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 31 Jan 2013, 08:32

Better yet… isn´t time for boarding school to start? just kidding.

Seriously, it´s good to keep an healthy eye on your kids. Not to worry worry, but still.

Best you can do is talk about school and how days are going in more detail with you child daily basis and use your mother´s instinct. If and hopefully everything is good so it´s nice to show you are interested. If something is wrong you have to take actions. sunny

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 31 Jan 2013, 23:24

Ending the month on a High !

Former England captain David Beckham completed his move to Paris St Germain on Thursday and said he had to turn down offers from England because he could not bear to face Manchester United.

Beckham, 37, revealed he will play without a salary at PSG, instead donating what he would have earned to a children's charity in Paris.

He has signed a five-month contract and confirmed the presence of Carlo Ancelotti and Leonardo, the head coach and sporting director, had persuaded him to join the wealthy French giants.

Beckham knows both men from time he spent on loan at AC Milan.

"I'm very lucky. I'm 37 years old and I got a lot of offers, more now than I've probably had in my career. I'm very honoured by that," Beckham said at a press conference.

"I chose Paris because I can see what the club are trying to do. I can see who the club are trying to bring in.

"It's an exciting city and now there's a club that's going to have a lot of success over the next 10, 20, 30 years. I'm very honoured I've been picked to be part of the future of PSG.

"Every club I've played for throughout the world I've been successful with.

"I was successful with Manchester United and always said I'd never want to play for another English club. I had a lot of history with Manchester United. It's the team I support and the team I dreamt of playing for.

"I'm very honoured by the offers I had from other Premier League clubs but I didn't want to play there unless it was for Manchester United."
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 01:29

Thanks Mel/Bic etc.

I'm not too much of a helicopter parent but if I don't leash myself it could happen! I believe in talking to them every day about all the little things so that hopefully when the big stuff happens they will tell me.

They had a reasonably good first day, lots of new kids in their class they don't know, this worries my son more than my daughter who would make friends with a tree if possible. Both my children really bonded with their teachers from last year and I was happy to hear that both of them came to their new class to specifically find them and say hello, it made their day.

The house is a tiny bit quieter and in 2 weeks when my 3 year old starts daycare for 1 day a week, I will for the first time in 7 years be totally alone for part of the day.. It will be a shock but a good one....

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 01 Feb 2013, 01:43

You will do just fine TheMinis! I know you will.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 02:19

Mel - I have so many plans to fill 5 hrs a week of my alone time. There will be shopping in blessed peace and quiet for once, maybe even a little exercise, possibly I will get to finish the many books I have started but had to put down. My hubby recently had 2 weeks off work to spend with us, I insisted he take the kids (all 3 of them) with him every time he left the house for whatever reason. After 2 weeks of this, he asked me why I am punishing him, I was ROTFLing.

One of my really fabulous friends has already booked a nice restaurant for lunch, we are both hoping we will be able to finish a meal without interruption.

I love and adore them to the moon and back but Im really looking forward to 5 hours of no noise, unless I turn my IPOD up full blast!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 01 Feb 2013, 03:07

theminis wrote:...unless I turn my IPOD up full blast!
But, that's YOUR noise!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 03:09

Exactly!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Feb 2013, 03:33

So glad for you Theminis! My closest friend was in your boat for 7 years as well and the first day she had several hours to herself she called me and said "what should I do?" Pretty funny! Hope you have fun.

Your daughter is a love. I hope she has some nice girls in her class this year.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 03:39

Thanks Oof Very Happy
My daughter at 6 is a fan of Grease (90% goes over her head, thank goodness) but she did announce that this year she was "going to rule the school and not gonna take any crap from no-one". She was quoting Rizzo and one of the Thunderbirds. They kill me with what comes out of their mouths.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Feb 2013, 04:03

You must have wanted to bust out laughing! How wonderful!

Think that's going to be my new motto--I'm going to rule "the school" and not take any crap from no-one!"
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 05:06

Oof it gets better - Her teacher today (on Day 2 of school) told me that it was suggested to my little girl that the word "crap" is not a nice word to use - she is then overheard 5 mins later muttering to herself that she is not gonna take no shit from no-one. Priceless
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 05:34

theminis, love your little girl's attitude. Keeping the communication open over the years is a great way to build a lasting relationship with your daughter. Sounds as if the two of you have honest beginning.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 01 Feb 2013, 06:09

I so love her attitude, except of course when its directed at me or sprinkled with rudeness. She definitely has more of my hubbys DNA, her confidence, assertiveness, occasional take no prisoners attitude, all him. Allegedly I imparted my hair and stubbornness, which I like to view as determination!!.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 01 Feb 2013, 06:15

She's already a step ahead with that confidence and determination! And she should thank you for her hair!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 02 Feb 2013, 20:56

I don't know if anybody else is tired of the frigid winter but here's an article about Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog who is supposed to be a predictor of early spring. If you can believe a rodent this is good news. LOL

http://weather.aol.com/2013/02/02/the-seer-of-seers-predicts-early-end-to-winter/?icid=maing-grid7%7Ccompaq-desktop%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D265211

Oops sorry, I should have posted in February Chit Chat.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 03 Feb 2013, 00:54

thanks!!!

January Chit Chat - Page 4 Groundhogday1

Very Happy Groundhog Day
it's me
it's me