George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
 No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party

+4
OofOof
Joanna
it's me
lelacorb
8 posters

Go down

No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   Empty No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party

Post by lelacorb Fri 07 Dec 2012, 15:22

Michael Smith: No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party

By MICHAEL SMITH World Scene Writer
Published: 12/7/2012  1:43 AM
Last Modified: 12/7/2012  4:20 AM

Read the Tulsa World’s continuing coverage of the filming of “August: Osage County.”

Related story: Lasting impression: Movie, stars leave behind memories, more after ‘August: Osage County’.

No, I cannot talk George Clooney into attending your birthday party.

This is but one of the odd requests that I received during the two months of filming on "August: Osage County," which brought Hollywood stars to the area and turned average, everyday Oklahomans into starstruck fans - short for fanatics.

I was on-the-scene for a couple of days of outdoor filming, and my proximity to Ewan McGregor and Abigail Breslin and others must have convinced many readers that I had some proverbial "in" with the production team. That was hardly the case; a good reporter contacts all the sources he can find, learns when such an outdoor event is taking place and crosses his fingers that it doesn't rain.

I couldn't talk to Clooney about anything. As I was told by a publicist regarding him as the producer of the film - and the rest of the cast, for that matter: These people are here to work, and they won't be made available.

As far as their off-hours were concerned, well, that was fair game, and a few citizens found Juliette Lewis on a shopping trip or Chris Cooper picking up some groceries at the local market.

But these requests? My reply was "Sorry, but no ..." to these appeals I received via email or voice mail during filming.

No, I do not know where Meryl Streep is living (among the stars put up in rented Bartlesville homes for eight weeks), and I would not supply that information if I did. What would you do, knock on the door? Don't scare me.

Granted, it's a coincidence that your husband's name is the same as that of one of the characters in the movie, but no, I don't agree that the actor playing that character would find this coincidence "really neat and want to meet your husband."

Well, how wonderful that you look "just like Julia Roberts" and you believe your husband "could pass for Dermot Mulroney," but no, I'm not the person to talk to about work as a stand-in.

No, I can't give you the address of the big Osage County house where most of the filming took place. It's so close to the Kansas state line that a good drive could push a golf ball into that state to the north, and everybody in Osage County knows where it's located. But the long county road leading to the residence was closed. So don't bother.

No, I don't know where Clooney is eating dinner. He ate out in Bartlesville (Frank & Lola's) and he ate out in Tulsa (Biga), and he didn't mind posing for a photo or two in these cases. Classy. But he provided no advance itinerary.

Sorry, but I don't know where Roberts shops while she's in Bartlesville, but my guess is that she doesn't. Multiple sources said she was easily the most private of the cast members.

I'm not aware of when Lewis will next be visiting the Blue Dome district in Tulsa, but check out her Twitter account; she'll usually tell you what she's up to.

No, I will not invite Streep to your house for pecan pie and coffee. Are you nutty? Do you think she'll "do" Julia Child for you?

Um, no, I cannot provide you with a mass email list so that you can invite the cast members to visit your museum.

I watched Benedict Cumberbatch act in downtown Pawhuska for several hours one day, but no, I don't know when I'll see him next. So I probably won't be able to tell him how much you love him in "Sherlock."

And no, I can't talk Clooney into coming to your Halloween party, either.

The best news I can offer is that during the time that Hollywood came and went from "Osage County," I didn't hear a single report of bad manners on the part of any Oklahomans.

I hope that's true, but based on these requests, I'll always wonder.

Original Print Headline: No, I can't ask George Clooney to your party

By MICHAEL SMITH World Scene Writer

Read more from this Tulsa World article at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   Empty Re: No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party

Post by it's me Fri 07 Dec 2012, 15:30

thanks for the article Hello!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party   Empty Re: No, I can't invite George Clooney to your party

Post by Joanna Fri 07 Dec 2012, 15:39

Those requests are so funny ! Thanks for sharing them
with us lelacorb. Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 07 Dec 2012, 16:34

Thanks Lela! Didn't know B Cumberbatch was in the movie. I love Sherlock. He seems like a funny guy for real.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 17:38

Funny!

Thanks, Lelacorb.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 07 Dec 2012, 18:14

Oh my. Sounds like that journalist really got hit with a lot of requests.

Makes you wonder what people who really do know George have to go through.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 07 Dec 2012, 19:10

It always amazes me that people would do this sort of thing. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it. Embarassed

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 20:58

I hope I never would behave like an _SS but I just might depending on who, and how close I got to them.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 08 Dec 2012, 10:53

well
why not
it can be the occasion of your life Basketball
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down