George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyToday at 09:59 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012

+21
watching
theminis
Dior
Alter Ego
party animal - not!
Lakin460
Katiedot
johnnya2k12
Missa
NotAvailable
m4rose
suebee
very vera
Joanna
Picachu
Margaret
lucy
melbert
OofOof
silly girl
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012

Post by fava Wed 19 Dec 2012, 14:30

IMO, she should have done her homework--this is a job, even if it doesn't pay. It's not like she was put on the spot. She knew what award she was presenting and she should know who the nominees are. It is so hard to trot out the names of some of them? She came off looking like she really had no interest in the actual awards and like she might not actually know what the "dance music" category is.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy at VH1 Diva's December 16th, 2012

Post by OofOof Wed 19 Dec 2012, 17:50

I think Stacy was being careful. She didn't want to offend anyone by saying she liked specific people so she said "everyone.".
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Coco Wed 19 Dec 2012, 19:43

watching wrote:
Ms Bradley wrote: GC is a classy individual..

George isn't classy - his choices over the years confirm that. He sells an image that is classy to sell watches, coffee and films. He may be classy in some areas of his life - his generous nature, his charity work but when you consider all the facets of who he is? Not so classy. Spruiking for Nespresso during the Baby Milk scandal - not classy. Mocking press or being rude to them at press conferences when they ask a question that he doesn't like - not classy. Boozing up before the Oscars red carpet because you know you aren't going to win - not classy. Saying that you want to keep your private life private but then inviting People Mag into your home to take pics of your current gf getting ready for a red carpet event so you get additional and positive coverage - not classy. Dating women whose career is pretty much having their picture taken in a state of undress - not classy. Saying one thing to the press then doing another - not classy.

He picks these women over and over again. You can't really have a go at Stacy without on some level, having a go at George. She is his choice. These women embody the PR image that he wants to promote as his partner of choice - just like Betty, Sarah, Krista, Lisa, etc. They are all one in the same. He has a type and for the past 15 years he has stuck to it. These women don't force themselves into his life, homes and red carpet. They are there by his invitiation. I continue to be amazed that people think he is a helpless, taken advantage of, weak willed man. He is the puppet-master here. Nothing happens without him approving it first.

Watching, I think you have hit the nail perfectly on the head with this post. I'd give you several green thumbs up if I could.

Coco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 20:18

Coco wrote:
watching wrote:
Ms Bradley wrote: GC is a classy individual..

George isn't classy - his choices over the years confirm that. He sells an image that is classy to sell watches, coffee and films. He may be classy in some areas of his life - his generous nature, his charity work but when you consider all the facets of who he is? Not so classy. Spruiking for Nespresso during the Baby Milk scandal - not classy. Mocking press or being rude to them at press conferences when they ask a question that he doesn't like - not classy. Boozing up before the Oscars red carpet because you know you aren't going to win - not classy. Saying that you want to keep your private life private but then inviting People Mag into your home to take pics of your current gf getting ready for a red carpet event so you get additional and positive coverage - not classy. Dating women whose career is pretty much having their picture taken in a state of undress - not classy. Saying one thing to the press then doing another - not classy.

He picks these women over and over again. You can't really have a go at Stacy without on some level, having a go at George. She is his choice. These women embody the PR image that he wants to promote as his partner of choice - just like Betty, Sarah, Krista, Lisa, etc. They are all one in the same. He has a type and for the past 15 years he has stuck to it. These women don't force themselves into his life, homes and red carpet. They are there by his invitiation. I continue to be amazed that people think he is a helpless, taken advantage of, weak willed man. He is the puppet-master here. Nothing happens without him approving it first.

Watching, I think you have hit the nail perfectly on the head with this post. I'd give you several green thumbs up if I could.

Yep, I agree. Spot on, watching, as usual.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 19 Dec 2012, 21:13

from Madam Tussaud London: o my God this statue is melting( look the nose)!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 19 Dec 2012, 21:43

Oh lelacorb....it's Christmas.....give it a rest gal, please ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 19 Dec 2012, 22:04

Christmas is next week, Joanna.
And there is indeed something wrong with the nose, it looks very strange.
santa
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 19 Dec 2012, 22:37

The only thing wrong that I see is pettiness. When Shy posters come online to voice their disgust at what they read on this forum, then its time to pull your head in and grow up!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 20 Dec 2012, 00:26

Yep, theminis, your're right.

The nose keeps being mentioned, doesn't it. The fact that SK has mentioned that she's broken it twice, as well as the odd rib apparently, while wrestling, doesn't seem to make any difference......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 20 Dec 2012, 00:34

Dior wrote:Christmas is next week, Joanna.
And there is indeed something wrong with the nose, it looks very strange.
santa

Tuesday is indeed Christmas Day....Advent is the period of preparation....
So....it IS Christmas. IMO.

Well said that Ozzie Sheila. Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 20 Dec 2012, 01:22

I agree with you also Watching you hit this one right on. The thing that always puzzled me about George, and still does, is why he continues to date and promote these low class women on his red carpet events. He works really hard, puts all his energy, intelligence and heart into all his projects. I can't think of any other A list actor that hires a low class woman, dresses her up in designer clothes, promotes her for a couple months prior and then she walks and models a designer dress on the red carpet. Why would he let someone who has done nothing take his thunder? The weeks leading up to the event the talk is what will his current gf wear,how will they look, will she be the one that settles him down, how long will they last etc.... The day after all these events the talk is usually about what his current gf wore, how they looked, if she is the one that will settle him down, how long they will last etc......... Nothing about the project. I often wondered if this aggravates Grant who is shoved aside for George and his current gf.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 20 Dec 2012, 01:31

Mm. Do you think it's possible that he simply doesn't want to stand on a red carpet alone? That he prefers the attention to be on his girl friend, so it takes some of the pressure off him? Just a htought

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 20 Dec 2012, 01:47

I didn't mean that he should walk the red carpet alone, but why does he allow his current gf model designer dresses, and all the publicity is about her, and her and him, not about the project he is up to win the award. I'm just saying he is the only Alist star I can think of that promotes his gf before and on the red carpet.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Thu 20 Dec 2012, 03:07

Watching - GC is in control of every situation. No-one can make you to do something if you don't want to. If SK didn't want to be photograph half naked then she would have said "NO" but she want the publicity to raise her profile. But then again she has photos of herself in underwear if that is what you would call it on the internet. You are right that he picks these type of women over and over again because he knows that they will do what he wants and they are too afraid to say anything because they will lose the meal ticket and the freebies. I never said that he was helpless or that they are taking advantage of a weak willed man and you are right he is the puppet-master. He is the king of his castle and they are the court jesters.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Thu 20 Dec 2012, 03:11

party animal- you are right he does want to walk down the red carpet on his own and everyone has brought someone with them. I have nothing against SK but there is something about her, I don't know that bothers me.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 20 Dec 2012, 04:55

party animal - not! wrote:Mm. Do you think it's possible that he simply doesn't want to stand on a red carpet alone? That he prefers the attention to be on his girl friend, so it takes some of the pressure off him? Just a htought

Between Watching and Party Animal, I think they've hit the nail on the head. What I've noticed in reading all the wonderful stuff you've gathered in the archives is that oddly, GC seems shy. I think he drinks as much as he does in public because it helps him to be the life of the party and everyone seems to expect that from him. And, I think Party is right in that he simply doesn't like to walk Red Carpets alone.

I have lots of female friends who can't be single. They go from loser to loser, frankly, because they just don't want to be "alone." George may be a mega star and very successful in his own right but that doesn't mean he's got his sh#t completely together. I mean really, who does?

Finally, after reading some of the comments from posters newer than I am, and remembering why I decided to stick with this forum and stop reading Celebitchy etc., I must say I intend to either stay off the Girls threads or remember my manners when discussing Stacy. As Watching said, George is the one choosing them and he must like them for whatever reason. Frankly, I don't know how any of them survive the circus and I cannot imagine how horrible it must be to read some of the things people say about them.

I'm not suggesting to those who don't like her that you shouldn't comment as you like. Your comments are sometimes quite funny and you have every right to say what you want. I just know for me I am no longer going to comment on her appearance or her intellect. When it gets hard for me to shut my snarky mouth, I guess I'll just concentrate on the George George George thread.

Peace!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 20 Dec 2012, 09:00

theminis wrote:The only thing wrong that I see is pettiness. When Shy posters come online to voice their disgust at what they read on this forum, then its time to pull your head in and grow up!

And do you know the saying "What you see is what you get."? Vomit 2
Just facing the facts, what I saw was the strange nose in a new camera angle and thank you lela for posting, usually you never see it that real.
If you weren't that busy with asskiss1 you could have seen that too?
But all you see is pettiness, sorry, maybe you should make up your mind for some real life instead of pulling your head in.
I do not attack other posters for their opinion or their comments, but I am allergic to get patronized!
For the future please think twice if you need to give me unwanted advice, because you will get back so much more than you given, I can be very generous...
Merry Christmas! santa
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 20 Dec 2012, 16:20

"No One Can Spoil Our Fun....TRUE George Clooney Fans
Are Invincible" Hoorah!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 22 Dec 2012, 16:31

Ok, I think this conversation has gone as far as it needs to.

If we've nothing more to say on the subject of Stacy at this show, then let's call this thread over and done with.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2