George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyToday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue

+21
isogotit
it's me
playfuldeb
Pari
bellybaby
Snoopy
Dior
lovelylois
adgran
fava
Henway
theminis
Joanna
watching
lucy
davidarochelle
janieb
melbert
The next mrs clooney
party animal - not!
Katiedot
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue Empty Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 00:57

Don't have the actual magazine yet, just a mention of the article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Meanwhile, Keibler looks just as beautiful in Self’s June issue. She told the magazine: “I pride myself in taking great care of my mind, body and soul and not just through exercise. It’s also about getting enough sleep, eating nutritious and organic meals and taking good care of my skin.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue Empty Re: Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 May 2012, 01:09

Does it look as if these pix were taken in Cabo?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue Empty Re: Stacy Keibler in Self Magazine June 2012 issue

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 15 May 2012, 01:20

These are some of the nicest pictures i have seen of her. She looks so much better with natural make up and softer hair in a darker blonde shade.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 15 May 2012, 01:32

Agreed TNMC!!!! Cute outfits too!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Tue 15 May 2012, 01:37

She looks fantastic!!!! Good for her! Very Happy
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 01:43

She does look good. Here are the working out shots for the magazine, found by Henway:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 15 May 2012, 02:05

SK keeps looking better and better. Is it just different hair and makeup color choices? Has she finally been Cloonified? Or is it "Self" mag's staff?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 15 May 2012, 02:42

I think it probably has a lot to do with Self magazine. They promote a natural and healthy beauty and they work to have their stars look more natural and healthy.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 15 May 2012, 04:47

She does look good with a more natural look. SK with Nike shoes while working out,EC with Reebock
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 15 May 2012, 05:40

By George she's gorgeous! Stacy Keibler reveals how to get the body that won Mr. Clooney in the new issue of Self magazine

It isn't hard to see how Stacy Keibler landed herself one of the world's most eligible bachelors. As can be expected from a former pro wrestler, the 32-year-old bombshell takes her fitness seriously.
George Clooney's leggy girlfriend shows off the stellar results of her frequent in the new photoshoot by appearing in tiny gym shorts and a midriff-baring top.

Love has made the blonde bombshell magnanimous, given that she also shares her fitness tips in the June 2012 issue of Self magazine. She appears in a variety of poses, revealing how to get her long, lean legs, flat stomach and whittled waistline.

The 5'11 stunner then shows how gorgeous she can look in non-gym clothes. She appears in a sexy, vintage-inspired halter bra and a pair of knit shorts, showing off her perfectly toned midriff. She displays her legs again in a pair of tiny swim shorts, a grey and white striped top and lace-up Raffia wedges.

The former Dancing With the Stars contestant then covers up her legs in wide-legged white trousers, and instead shows off her back in a black and white striped top. In every shot, her makeup and golden locks are flawless.

In the article, she says that she gets her confidence from within (though having a perfect figure surely can't hurt). She says: 'Confidence comes from within and as long as you are putting forth a respectable effort to take good care of yourself, you should feel confident about that path. 'Just be sure to set realistic goals for yourself and design a plan that works for you. 'Also, remember that everyone gets there at their own pace and there’s no losing when you take charge.'

Keibler also offers the following tips, including: 'Your body begins to change when it burn and shakes...so when an exercise is challenging, I always think 'feel your body changing'.' She adds that the key to a good workout 'is always to make it worthwhile and as enjoyable as possible. 'If you do something that is a little harder, then mix in another exercise that has a more enjoyable element to it.'

She has been dating Oscar winner George Clooney since last July.

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 May 2012, 11:11

That's an interesting article and great pictures. I admire anyone who keeps that fit as I've never been able to do that. I wonder if she'll bring out a fitness video as Jane Fonda did ?
Am I naive to think that she must have a generous spirit to share her fitness regime with everyone ? Yes I know she'd get paid....
but wouldn't some people in her position not care about sharing
their fitness ideas ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2012, 12:04

Joanna wrote:That's an interesting article and great pictures. I admire anyone who keeps that fit as I've never been able to do that. I wonder if she'll bring out a fitness video as Jane Fonda did ?
Am I naive to think that she must have a generous spirit to share her fitness regime with everyone ? Yes I know she'd get paid....
their fitness ideas ?
A generous spirit! Sharing her fitness regime! LOL. Very Happy This is a shoot designed solely to promote Stacy and her fitness regime, presumably in the hope that it will bring her work in the industry. What else would she have to talk about or promote? Girl is working. This is her area of 'expertise' and the only one she has a chance of making a living out of.

It's a nice shoot (love the swimwear) but it's fluff at the end of the day and she still sounds depressingly vacant. I preferred the pics of her at the Revlon run where she looked like herself, sporty and natural. If she focused more on what comes out of her mouth - feed the mind, Stacy! - and less on the surface, she'll have a much better chance of translating all these opps into actual work.

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 15 May 2012, 13:14

I really like the lovely shots of her at the top of the page, understated and natural with a hint of glamour.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Tue 15 May 2012, 14:06

Joanna wrote:That's an interesting article and great pictures. I admire anyone who keeps that fit as I've never been able to do that. I wonder if she'll bring out a fitness video as Jane Fonda did ?
their fitness ideas ?

What else is she going to talk about? Her next big movie roll?

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 15 May 2012, 14:37

That is what they ask all the celebs in Self to do--share their fitness regime. That is the deal when you get the cover. Although I don't think they all get photographed doing the actual exercises thouth.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 May 2012, 16:35

I thought I read somewhere that SK had been the fitness editor on 'Self' or a similar magazine in a previous life.......could be wrong

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Tue 15 May 2012, 18:08

Some expert! "revealing how to get long, lean legs?" "confidence comes from within as long as you are putting forth a reasonable effort along those lines" meaning fighting to have extra low-body fat. Hollywood syndrome!

Confidence does come from within, but confidence that lasts is not based on looks. Talk about shallow!

Maybe her legs are lean because of what she does, but long? No amount of exercise gives anyone long legs. In fact, there are some people whose genes have given them a long slim frame and some people who because of genes are extra short, have wider hip bones or a barrel chest or extra wide feet or extra narrow feet. Some are prone to be slim, some are prone to be full-bodied. Keibler did NOTHING to EARN those long legs.

Not talking about obesity here which is caused by eating too many calories for how much exercise is done (exception being some sydromes (Prader-Willi comes to mind). Just talking about the length of her legs. As an "expert", she needs to weigh each and every word.

Talk about promoting poor self-images and lies to other women. "If you would just work out like I do and eat like I do, you will look like I do and have the life I have" is basically what she's touting. I know many naturally slender women who have never had enough money to take a vacation and stay in a hotel anywhere. She has the life she has because either she pursued George until he noticed her, his friends suggested he pursue her for some reason, or he pursued her and she said "yes."

In fact, there have been some comments here and on other blogs (I'm one making them) who have talked about how it looked like she was losing too much weight. Constant cleansing, dieting and mega-exercise to drop weight to fit into a certain dress instead of just having it altered = not healthy. She has posted on facebook and tweeted about cleanses and more exercise before events.

I know this is soap-boxy. But "you too can look like me" or "look like me and you'll have a wonderful life" have caused women - young and old - to have so many problems. I'm not so sure Keibler's life is so wonderful. Cause if she gained 20 pounds, maybe even 10, George would kick her to the curb faster than any plane can fly. I'll bet that's not the only way she could lose out on the GF OF gravy train she's been on since last July.

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 18:20

adgran wrote: Talk about promoting poor self-images and lies to other women. "If you would just work out like I do and eat like I do, you will look like I do and have the life I have" is basically what she's touting. [ . . . ] I know this is soap-boxy. But "you too can look like me" or "look like me and you'll have a wonderful life" have caused women - young and old - to have so many problems.
If I may share your soapbox for a minute (just shuffle a little, there's room for two) that's one of the reasons I dislike many women's magazines. They use 'celebs' to sell you stuff which you're supposed to buy in the expectation that it'll make you look the way that celeb looks. It's not just diets and exercises (although every magazine seems to abound with the latest fashionable celeb-endorsed diet and ab excercises to make you look like Jennifer Aniston or whoever) but right down to fashion and makeup. Any publication with a 'get her look' feature is doing the same. Truth is, you won't look like Heidi Klum unless you already look like her already.

Ok, dismounting from the soapbox. Who'd like it next?

adgran wrote: I'm not so sure Keibler's life is so wonderful. Cause if she gained 20 pounds, maybe even 10, George would kick her to the curb faster than any plane can fly. I'll bet that's not the only way she could lose out on the GF OF gravy train she's been on since last July.
So true.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 May 2012, 19:04

Oh dear...my MacBook has failed me big time.
I didn't read her words saying "do this and you'll look like me
and have the life I have" Oh Shucks !

BTW....what's her next big movie "roll" ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 19:32

Pointing out someone's spelling mistakes is a cheap shot. It doesn't support your argument and makes you look like a dick. Please don't do it again.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 May 2012, 19:35

It's been done to me in the past...and more !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 19:37

I'm sorry about that, but two wrongs don't make a right.

There was an interesing discussion starting up and I'm happy to see a difference of opinions done (reasonably) politely.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2012, 19:55

adgran wrote:Talk about promoting poor self-images and lies to other women. "If you would just work out like I do and eat like I do, you will look like I do and have the life I have" is basically what she's touting.
?? I'm no Stacy fan but how in the world did you get all that from the article? I think it's an unfair and very subjective interpretation. I reread the article and while I cringed (again) at her 'Stacyness', I didn't find a trace of what you've described in your earlier post. Say what you like about Stacy but she knows her exercise - no one can argue with that - and is in great shape. And she's not promoting anything negative here (no cleanses etc), just talking about her own routine, how she achieves her own shape, and the importance of finding a balanced workout. She very clearly says find what works for you.

She may not be the brightest but I don't think she's guilty of any of the above. She IS fit and healthy, you only have to look at her body to see that. She's involved with lot of fitness-related activities, it's plainly a big part of her life and not something she's just latched onto because the opportunities are there. BTW, you don't need to have Stacy's leg length to achieve leannesss and the appearance of length. It's possible for anyone of any shape with a reasonable degree of fitness. All it takes is the right combo of exercise, will-power and effort.

Last edited by Anxala on Tue 15 May 2012, 20:22; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 15 May 2012, 20:07

People pick-up mags for the featured celebs, although I think that more look at the pics then read the actual articles. They are declining in popularity; yearly subscriptions for most are now only $4 yearly. Still I wish that SK would say something more substantive. She has access to the best trainers. Can't she pass along some of their original ideas? I'm sure that they would appreciate the publicity attached. Again SK does look substantially better in these pics. She is lucky that her bone structure is long and thin, and that she naturally has a very long waist. Many actresses actually look "child-size" in person, not just very petite. They got their start in part because they could play teens under 18, while legally being of age and conforming to labor laws. How SK can get acting roles if she is taller than most male actors is beyond me. Although I went to the premier party of the "Year of Living Dangerously" and could not believe the height and size difference between Sigourney Weaver and Mel Gibson.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 May 2012, 21:29

party animal - not! wrote:Does it look as if these pix were taken in Cabo?
I thought so.

More from their site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (thanks Henway)

The ex–pro wrestler (cool, right?) and Dancing With the Stars vet uses these exact moves to prep for the red carpet—where she looked incredible some 30 times last year.

Celebrity trainer Juliet Kaska created this routine to strengthen every show-it-off-for-summer muscle (shoulders, triceps, abs, butt and legs—that means you) while ratcheting your heart rate higher and higher. The result: "You'll burn extra calories for up to 48 hours after," Kaska says. Fire. It. Up.

All you need are 18 minutes and a handled resistance band. Do one sexy sizzler (a combo of strength, cardio and core exercises that will take about six minutes) three times total without any breathers—the calorie-incinerating crux! Try a different sizzler four or five times a week. In a month, you'll want to put on a racy little number and pose with your honey, too.

[then there's all the info on how to do the workout]

"Stacy is superstrong. During our shoot, she had no problem holding tough positions while we adjusted the camera or clothing. Plus, the girl eats! Lunch was more than a dinky salad."
—Lida Moore Musso, senior style editor
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 May 2012, 22:14

You know, from the few pix I've seen, it could almost be the Crawford/Gerber front (or is it back?) wall - not that I know it intimately!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Tue 15 May 2012, 23:24

I like her when she is more natural BUT I find her poses awkward and
and it is obvious she doesn't have that professional model look to me. She reminds me of the past girlfriends who tried the modeling stage when they were dating George. She got the Self job, because of George, not that anything is wrong with that, but if she had the talent for modeling she would have made it as a professional model long ago instead of Wrestling and Cheerleading. Yes I think there is a talent behind modeling. Also, just because you know how to cleanse, work out 2 hours a day, eat salad and spend lots of money on your hair and skin doesn't make you an expert on fitness and health. She tries to sell herself off as a fitness expert, but I think she really doesn't know much more than many people I know who work out. There are beautiful trainers at my health club that have degrees in nutrition, health and exercise physiology that know more than she does and could pose just like Stacy in Self Magazine.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 15 May 2012, 23:34

Stacy (and the Self crew) tweeted about the photo shoot and if I recall correctly, Stacy was out and about in LA at the time.

I think we posted some of the tweets on the Stacy thread if someone wants to go looking.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 16 May 2012, 00:15

Who cares for her fitness bla bla as long as she is doing what she's doing best: Spreading her legs in front of a camera.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Wed 16 May 2012, 00:30

Alright slide over girls, I need to get up on the soapbox for a minute. I agree with Adgran, Katiedot and lovelylois but have one thing to add. She states she eats organically and nutritious meals, so why the constant cleansing? I know a yoga instructor who is in fantastic shape and does eat organically, she doesn't need cleanses, makeup, oxygen facials, etc and looks fabulous at 53. And much younger looking than Stacy!

Last edited by Snoopy on Wed 16 May 2012, 00:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Wed 16 May 2012, 01:38

Snoopy wrote:Alright slide over girls, I need to get up on the soapbox for a minute. I agree with Adgran, Katiedot and lovelylois but have one thing to add. She states she eats organically and nutritious meals, so why the constant cleansing? I know a yoga instructor who is in fantastic shape and does eat organically, she doesn't need cleanses, makeup, oxygen facials, etc and looks fabulous at 53. And much younger looking than Stacy!

I think the cleansing is to drop weight before a big event or a trip to Cabo which means bikini time. I'm wondering if Stacy really does eat organically, go to bed early to get enough sleep, etc. Didn't Cindy Crawford-Gerber say the same kind of things about her beauty "regimen" - that and Cindy uses that Magic Beauty or whatever the line of cosmetics her informercials are for?

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 16 May 2012, 01:54

I remember Stacy saying in some interview that she cleanses to loose weight before she goes on vacation as she knows she will gain a couple of pounds when she's away. Guess that means she cleanses all the time since her life is one big vacation (sorry couldn't help it, I'm in a snarky mood).
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Wed 16 May 2012, 02:31

A life of moderation. Cleanse is ok as long as you don't use it as your main way of dieting. Even Dr Oz recommends it with limitations. Here is an article

Dr. Oz's 48-Hour Weekend Cleanse

Are you ready for the ultimate detox solution? Dr. Oz’s 48-Hour Weekend Cleanse will revitalize you from the inside out.

Be sure to print the complete shopping list in order to prepare all the recipes that accompany this plan.
Added to Articles on Thu 10/06/2011
The practice of detoxifying the body to rid it of unhealthy toxins has been around for centuries. Hippocrates recommended fasting to improve health, and many religious groups have historically used fasting as a way of purifying the spirit.

Today the marketplace is cluttered with detox diets that promise to help you lose weight, boost your energy levels and more. However, many popular detox diets, especially those that involve extreme low-calorie fasting, can rob the body of important nutrients and place the body in starvation mode, which actually slows your metabolism. Other downsides of many detox diets include: dehydration, fatigue, dizziness, nausea and even colon damage.

The Body’s Detox System
Oftentimes people don’t realize that the body has its own extraordinary internal detoxification system. Here’s a brief look at three critical organs involved:
The Liver: Your first line of defense against toxins is your liver, which acts like a filter in preventing toxic substances contained in foods from passing into your blood stream.
The Colon: This organ has bacteria that produce both healthy and unhealthy chemicals. You want to keep your colon flowing regularly since its main role is to flush out toxic chemicals before they can do you any harm.
The Kidneys: Like clockwork, the kidneys are constantly filtering your blood and getting rid of toxins in the form of urine.
For a detox diet to truly work, you need to maintain these three key organs by nourishing your body with the right nutrients. Dr. Oz’s 48-Hour Weekend Cleanse is based upon eating certain “detoxifying” foods that will keep these systems running smoothly. The plan couldn’t be simpler to follow so you’re not always focused on what to eat next. You'll need to prepare and eat the following meals and snacks two days in a row. To get ready for the weekend cleanse, print out the complete cleanse shopping list and make a trip to the supermarket. Click here for the shopping list.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 16 May 2012, 06:45

Any scientist can tell you that there's no such thing as detoxifying. The body is excellent at getting rid of harmful waste on a daily basis, otherwise we'd all have died out as a species millennia ago.

What detoxing does is clear the head. It's no coincidence that fasting and strict diet limitations (which is what cleansing really is) are so closely related to religion. I can't think of a major religion that doesn't advocate some form of fasting to its religious orders, and in the case of Christianity and Islam that requirement is also passed on to the laity (lent, Ramadan). Religion requires it because it works so well with the mind.

What cleansing does is make you feel fantastic. It's all in the mind. Most cleanses are deeply unhealthy because they deprive the body of essential items such as fat and carbohydrates which it requires to function correctly. There's no lasting harm in doing a day or two-day cleanse but no point in lying to yourself that you're doing a good thing.

Cleanses, because of their super low calorie value, are excellent at dropping a few pounds last minute, flattening the stomach and reducing 'bloating'.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 16 May 2012, 13:05

While I think these are some of the nicer shots I've seen of SK, I'm also gonna say that I'm not all impressed with her legs....for someone as tall as she is, and is known for her loooooong legs, and is a "fitness expert", they could be in better shape - especially at her thighs. Not alot of muscle tone going on there. I say this after seeing a couple of Victoria Secrets ads and last nite a commercial on tv -those girls, who are probably in the 5'9" - 5'11"height range, have LEGS. Legs with muscle tone. SK's legs just never really appear long. She just looks like she's a big girl - proportioned, but big.
And I think - without going back to look, that she was the fitness correspondent (?) for one of the newspapers/mags in Baltimore that had done an interview on her.

Last edited by bellybaby on Wed 16 May 2012, 13:06; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Wed 16 May 2012, 14:09

Katiedot wrote:Any scientist can tell you that there's no such thing as detoxifying. The body is excellent at getting rid of harmful waste on a daily basis, otherwise we'd all have died out as a species millennia ago.

What detoxing does is clear the head. It's no coincidence that fasting and strict diet limitations (which is what cleansing really is) are so closely related to religion. I can't think of a major religion that doesn't advocate some form of fasting to its religious orders, and in the case of Christianity and Islam that requirement is also passed on to the laity (lent, Ramadan). Religion requires it because it works so well with the mind.

What cleansing does is make you feel fantastic. It's all in the mind. Most cleanses are deeply unhealthy because they deprive the body of essential items such as fat and carbohydrates which it requires to function correctly. There's no lasting harm in doing a day or two-day cleanse but no point in lying to yourself that you're doing a good thing.

Cleanses, because of their super low calorie value, are excellent at dropping a few pounds last minute, flattening the stomach and reducing 'bloating'.

Katie, yes the body is designed to get rid of waste, including yuck stuff floating around in the blood. Organic eating is fine - if it's balanced diet. And yes cleansing is a type of fasting. And works to clear the mind. In religious purposes also to remind the person to focus on God and their spiritual needs rather than their physical needs. Everything you've said is true.

The problem with fitness "experts" and celebrities (not just Stacy) who talk a lot about cleansing? They do portray it as a way to lose weight, to get in shape. Again it's all about the wrong message to young women (in particular) because they are still trying to figure out who they are and how to fit in. Many teens (dare I say most) focus on their looks and are willing to try anything to get what Hollywood and modeling industry says is a perfect body (meaning size 0-2). Thus the rise in anorexia, bulimia and generally poor nutrition.

There's always a personal reason behind my soapbox stands. This one involves 2 young friends who "cleansed" and worked out as much as they could (goal 2 hours per day while going to school and working part-time jobs) for 3 weeks to "get into shape" so they could fit into smaller sized prom dresses. Both girls became very ill. Their families are embarrassed that they didn't know what was going on. Mothers called me to talk with their daughters because of a connection I've had with them in some charity work. And yes, prom came and went while the girls were in the hospital. Why did they do it? Web-searches on celebrity weight loss methods.

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 16 May 2012, 14:24

party animal - not! wrote:I thought I read somewhere that SK had been the fitness editor on 'Self' or a similar magazine in a previous life.......could be wrong

Stacy was a fitness editor for "stuff" magazine in 2005/2006 where she wrote a fitness column. She also appeared on the cover. Stuff magazine is predominantly a men's magazine that features the latest tech gadgets and amongst other things and has scantily clad women all over it's pages.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 16 May 2012, 14:36

Have to agree with all of you soap-box ladies, cleansing on a weekly basis ( as often as SK tweets/talks about it ) is not a healthy way to lose weight. More often these days I'am hearing Doctors on TV talking about the new cleansing fad and overall how unhealthy it is, also talking about the harm it does to your over all body. Unfortunately these young girls will believe what someone like SK says over a professional doctor, and that's what angers me, SK may have a beautiful body but shes worked at it since she was a teen. She may have a healthy way of eating on a daily basis but the cleansing isn't something she should be promoting, it may work for her in her lifestyle, but not for someone who has different habits.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 16 May 2012, 14:52

Interesting that GTC is also doing the 'cleanse' thing too.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Wed 16 May 2012, 15:16

Some wear up higher.......

Buy the way Stacy is not ON the cover of Self, to clear that up!

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 16 May 2012, 16:37

Thanks, TNMC, I knew I'd read that somewhere.

A girl I know was cleansing recently, but it isn't really radical - she eliminated all sugar and read meat from her diet (I think for a couple of weeks). Other than that, she still ate her regular food. She wasn't doing it to lose weight, just to clean her body out a bit. Seems like a healthier approach.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 16 May 2012, 18:28

Adgran: "There's always a personal reason behind my soapbox stands. This one involves 2 young friends who "cleansed" and worked out as much as they could (goal 2 hours per day while going to school and working part-time jobs) for 3 weeks to "get into shape" so they could fit into smaller sized prom dresses. Both girls became very ill. Their families are embarrassed that they didn't know what was going on. Mothers called me to talk with their daughters because of a connection I've had with them in some charity work. And yes, prom came and went while the girls were in the hospital. Why did they do it? Web-searches on celebrity weight loss methods."

Thank you for sharing Adgran, you've raised some valuable points, as have the others upthread... Not wanting to put down my daughter here... but jotting a few pointers for the sake of my other daughters doing those crucifying diets / cleanses etc... Smile All that they ever have to do, is to ALSO make a few comparisons to check-out the impractical Very Happy Like, look at Stacy's pictures at the Airport (blue/purple trousers tousled hair, supposedly without make-up as advertised); her pictures in the pink dress with the mike at the Mixology Event recently, including her legs there; to come to terms that they really DON'T match the ones on the magazines... Candids are different... SURE! Smile And YES, Stacy may have a beautiful body... BUT then, everyone sure does at certain angles... I love you

Besides, a pretty looking body does NOT necessarily mean a healthy living body Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 16 May 2012, 20:54

I've done a master cleanse once a year for the past three years, am getting ready to do another one starting in a day or two, and I'm fine. And the stuff your body cleans out is pretty substantial. Your body stores metal if you eat things from a can, and during one day of this cleanse, I can taste the metal as my body rids itself of it. Things like that happen each day during the msster cleanse
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 16 May 2012, 21:08

what kind of cleanse is this, play?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 22 May 2012, 08:41

Self has put up on their website Stacy workout routine - created by a trainer, not Stacy personally. 13 slides for showcase the routine with a couple of new photos.

Steal Stacy Keibler's 18-Minute Workout

Those toned legs, sleek abs, firm booty...Stacy's our latest girl crush with one amazing body. Snag her workout and you'll be just as smokin'. Now if only you could steal her boyfriend, too...

The ex–pro wrestler (cool, right?) and Dancing With the Stars vet uses these exact moves to prep for the red carpet—where she looked incredible some 30 times last year. That's her at the Oscars with bf George Clooney (inset).

Celebrity trainer Juliet Kaska created this routine to strengthen every show-it-off-for-summer muscle (shoulders, triceps, abs, butt and legs—that means you) while ratcheting your heart rate higher and higher. The result: "You'll burn extra calories for up to 48 hours after," Kaska says. Fire. It. Up.

All you need are 18 minutes and a handled resistance band. Do one sexy sizzler (a combo of strength, cardio and core exercises that will take about six minutes) three times total without any breathers—the calorie-incinerating crux! Try a different sizzler four or five times a week. In a month, you'll want to put on a racy little number and pose with your honey, too.

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Tue 22 May 2012, 17:50

I think it's kind of telling that they didn't put her on the cover.....I'm pretty sure if she weren't GF of, that she wouldn't have been inside either..

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 23 May 2012, 07:23

Baltimore Sun write up again. I get the feeling that this Jill Rosen is not a Keibler fan and she resents having to write stories about the local girl who is currently famous due to who she is banging.

Self magazine shows how to be 'smokin' as Stacy Keibler -- yeah right
11:41 a.m. EDT, May 22, 2012

A body the likes of Stacy Keibler's is just a hop, lunge and a kick away -- or so says Self magazine.

The fitness monthly features Keibler prominently in the June issue, splashed leggily over a multi-page spread headlined "Hot Like Stacy."

"Those toned legs, sleek abs, firm booty," Self says. "Our latest girl crush is Stacy Keibler, who has one amazing body. Snag her 18-minute workout and you'll be just as smokin'."

We will?

Forgive our doubts that 18 minutes a day -- even 18 hours a week -- would get the average girl anywhere close to Keibler-dom.

But, cynicism aside, the magazine shows Baltimore's one-time wrestler turned George Clooney's girlfriend working out, step by step, in quite a bit of detail. Each move is called a "sexy sizzler."

Keibler is demonstrating a workout credited to Juliet Kaska, a celebrity trainer. You need a resistance band -- and of course those 18 minutes.

She's holding a stretchy band and punching forward. She's squatting. She's lunging. She's doing what looks like those bicycle crunchies.

And she's doing all of it wearing barely-there boy shorts with a little waist bow, a white tank and black Nikes. In another shot she's dressier, in black and white short-shorts, a wispy tank and a heavy, anchor-like necklace.

"I love the adrenaline rush exercising gives me," Keibler tells Self. "And the payoff isn't bad, either!"

Guess not.

In related Keibler news, she's made Maxim's Hot 100 list. Check the list out here.

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 13 Jun 2012, 23:27

From the trainer's blog

SELF Magazine Photo Shoot with Stacy Keibler

There are a few times when I legitimately get school girl excited. When a client books a fitness magazine shoot it happens.

Back in April my longtime client and friend, Stacy Keibler booked the June “summer body” issue of SELF Magazine. Now I know for her it is a ton of work; try holding a deep lunge with spinal rotation in the sun for endless shots. Oh yeah and don’t forget, you need a relaxed “I love working out” smile. =) I, on the other hand, have a blast from start to finish. I was asked to design the workout for SELF readers as well as be on set the day of the shoot as the technical adviser. Fun Fun Fun for me!

When I am asked to create a workout for a fitness magazine, the editors will usually give me the the angle of the specific issue and I begin to craft the workout for the readers. This, however, is not always an easy task. Lots of edits, variations of moves, discussions with fitness editors about how the program works, why it works and that’s just the educational side.

Check out Stacy’s 18-minute workout here!!

Then there’s the visual side of how the moves are going to look when photographed. I have to consider how often that exercise has been used in print and how recently it has been run elsewhere. It is a dance and a puzzle– one I absolutely love!

In the end I am always proud of the exercise program I have designed. And, Stacy’s workout for the June issue of SELF Magazine, is at the top of my list. It’s a full body, love handle trimming workout. The whole program is geared toward you a having a great summer body!

The June issue is out now so be sure to pick it up and let me know how you like the workout! Then join me on the SELF Magazine Facebook page Wednesday June 13th at 10 a.m. pst for a live Q&A session!

Check out these on set photos of the shoot below!

Here’s me demoing the move:

And here’s Stacy doing it for the photographer (courtesy of SELF Magazine Online)

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 14 Jun 2012, 01:54

"Back in April my longtime client and friend, Stacy Keibler booked the June “summer body” issue of SELF Magazine."

So she booked it herself? Interesting...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 14 Jun 2012, 02:03

melbert wrote:"Back in April my longtime client and friend, Stacy Keibler booked the June “summer body” issue of SELF Magazine."

So she booked it herself? Interesting...

I don't think they meant that she booked it herself. To book something is a term in the business meaning that you got the job.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next