George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyToday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity

+22
blubelle
fluffy
NotAvailable
cindigirl
LornaDoone
Lighterside
Missa
Best in Category
Katiedot
theminis
iamnoone
The next mrs clooney
Joanna
lelacorb
barla
party animal - not!
tzizz
EEOsandy
Lakin460
silly girl
m4rose
melbert
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity Empty Re: Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 00:54

Stacy Keibler‏@StacyKeibler

What do I want for my b-day? The gift of giving: HELP THOSE IN NEED! Tweet a pic while donating food/clothes this weekend and I’ll RT it!
2:01 PM - 11 Oct 12 ·
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity Empty Re: Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity

Post by m4rose Fri 12 Oct 2012, 01:02

Do you think she will tweet a picture of herself doing this? Or just retweet others picture.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 12 Oct 2012, 19:36

Guess her friends had a party for her:

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 19:40

Maybe a SURPRISE party, eh, sillygirl? Just reading into the word that's in quotations.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 20:08

mocking George with bushy eyebrows? Yes, I do know that's a fake mustache.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 20:15

I can't access the pic with the tweet. What is it?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 20:28

The same pic that is below the tweet.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 20:35

twitter is blocked on my work computer. can't access instagram either.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 20:36

silly girl wrote:Guess her friends had a party for her:

so you can't see this picture?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 13 Oct 2012, 00:31

Here is a photo of her party....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 13 Oct 2012, 00:34

silly girl wrote:Here is a photo of her party....

Dave's hand is in an interesting position.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 13 Oct 2012, 00:43

noticed that! Well, they are GOOD friends after all!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 13 Oct 2012, 05:00

Stacy's out and about with her "boyfriend" again. She was with him Sept 28, and now again tonight???

Having fun with Cheets @jakedavisfilmshttp://instagr.am/p/QtP_kSJU12/

8:16 PM - 12 Oct 12
==================

Love my boy Cheets. Aka @jakedavisfilmshttp://instagr.am/p/QJSvjlpU4Y/

9:06 PM - 28 Sep 12
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 13 Oct 2012, 14:40

Stacy apparently had two birthday parties in a row (Thursday & Friday night) in NYC. Here's a tweet by her friend Cheets.

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 13 Oct 2012, 14:49

She don't need no stinkin' Clooney!!! She got friends...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Sat 13 Oct 2012, 15:15

I had dinner at Acme last Tuesday night! Yum!

My guess is that Stacy is in the air right this very minute heading out to meet George. Ummm....Paris? Cabo? LA? The world is her oyster at this point in time.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Oct 2012, 17:32

Without a doubt

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sat 13 Oct 2012, 22:44

tzizz wrote:I had dinner at Acme last Tuesday night! Yum!

My guess is that Stacy is in the air right this very minute heading out to meet George. Ummm....Paris? Cabo? LA? The world is her oyster at this point in time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

....Toronto????.....
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Sat 13 Oct 2012, 22:57

Can't wait to hear where the party is! Maybe Ralf Madi is going to NYC (or Paris or Cabo or LA)????? Toronto doesn't sound very exciting to me, but if George is there, it would be!

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 13 Oct 2012, 23:45

Stacy Keibler ‏@StacyKeibler
RT @FaiyazC: @StacyKeibler Just went shopping and got these foods for the homeless shelter! Happy Birthday! pic.twitter.com/tTnEPFud[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A woman with no brain but the answers I was right!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 14 Oct 2012, 00:00

Hahahaha Lelacorb!! She re-twitted this when she's promoting her new profession of healthy snacks for kids. Oh dear! A whole lot of processed food in that bunch...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 14 Oct 2012, 00:03

If I remember rightly, she asked people to donate to homeless shelters for her birthday ?

So that picture was sent to her, amongst other pictures,
by somone donating to homeless shelters.

She wouldn't wish herself Happy Birthday would she ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 14 Oct 2012, 00:08

I guess we'll know tomorrow. However, she made sure that everyone knew her birthday was coming up. I guess self-promotion isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll keep my snark in my pocket now. Oh crap, can't find a pocket. I really wish she would have worded her twit differently. She should have said "for my birthday I am giving of myself to help others in need. As your gift to me, can you do the same and I'll re-tweet everybody who gives".
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 14 Oct 2012, 00:56

Joanna wrote:If I remember rightly, she asked people to donate to homeless shelters for her birthday ?

So that picture was sent to her, amongst other pictures,
by somone donating to homeless shelters.

She wouldn't wish herself Happy Birthday would she ?

Her tweet was asking people to send pictures of the charity work they were doing, she never actually asked them to donate. There were many responses asking what she was going to do for charity but of course she never responded.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 14 Oct 2012, 00:59

melbert wrote:I guess we'll know tomorrow. However, she made sure that everyone knew her birthday was coming up. I guess self-promotion isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll keep my snark in my pocket now. Oh crap, can't find a pocket. I really wish she would have worded her twit differently. She should have said "for my birthday I am giving of myself to help others in need. As your gift to me, can you do the same and I'll re-tweet everybody who gives".

You're right mel, her tweet didnt indicate that she would be doing anything to help others. not sure why she thinks having other people send her pictures of their charity work means she is doing anything to help others. And by the looks of all the tweets all she is doing for her birthday is partying since thursday. great humanitarian effort Stacy!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:11

Baltimore birthday? They've got a home game on her birthday

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:13

Of course, not everyone talks about what they do for
or give to charities.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:26

Seem to remember SK working for/with Habitat for Humanity Build-a-Thon some time last year........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:30

Joanna wrote:Of course, not everyone talks about what they do for
or give to charities.

Sure, stacy is a very modest person LOL. I'm sure she's been working the soup kitchen all day today and just doesn't want the publicity for it. Well they do say charity begins at home so maybe stacy takes that literally.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:44

I have to comment that I commend stacy for her work with homeless shelters. Even processed food is FOOD. I see protein, juice and shelf stable products in that group. often the only choices are bread, bread, starch & sugar. Maybe Stacy can promote shelters getting better & higher quality food.

*steps off soapbox*

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:49

What work has she done with homeless shelters? The pictures are of others charitable work not stacy's.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:51

Well she did stand next to George while he gave the homeless man money so maybe that was her charitable act for her birthday. Oh snap m4rose have we taken our bitchy pill this evening or what? Okay hiding now.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:55

[quote="melbert"]I guess we'll know tomorrow. However, she made sure that everyone knew her birthday was coming up. I guess self-promotion isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll keep my snark in my pocket now. Oh crap, can't find a pocket. I really wish she would have worded her twit differently. She should have said "for my birthday I am giving of myself to help others in need. As your gift to me, can you do the same and I'll re-tweet everybody who gives".[/quote]

I agree with you melbert--she needs to really word her tweets better.....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 14 Oct 2012, 01:58

I responded to LeLaCorb's post from 5:45 pm today with a picture of the foods that Stacy got for a homeless shelter. actually those are not bad choices at all. Most Homeless shelters do not let you keep food so anything shelf stable that you can carry with you is best.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 14 Oct 2012, 02:02

Those are not foods she got. Those are a picture tweeted to her by someone else and she just re-tweeted the picture. All of the pictures on twitter are what other people are doing and stacy is simply re-tweeting them.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sun 14 Oct 2012, 02:05

ahhhh you are correct mrs clooney I stand corrected. I missed 2 letters:

RT

well at least she's encouraging people to do something.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Oct 2012, 02:07

Getty Images have pix of SK, Rosario Dawson, China Moss and others all building Habitats for Humanity last year. The organisation is now worldwide

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 14 Oct 2012, 02:08

Iamnoone, Stacy did not get that food for a homeless shelter. Someone tweeted her to tell her that THEY had gotten food for the homeless shelter. And she re-tweeted it.

But, maybe I'm reading this wrong. She has received tweets that people are giving. Maybe they wouldn't have given without her prompting. I hereby relinquish my snark card.

And everyone posted before me!!!! However, I'm not going to delete this post as I still am going to relinquish my snark card.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Oct 2012, 02:28

There are photos of Stacy working in a soup kitchen, so thats giving of her time etc, however not sure where I saw them, if I find them will post later.

I think its okay for her to ask people to donate, as a birthday present, and people are doing just that, so only good can come of that!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Oct 2012, 02:38

Stacy Keibler Charity Work, Events and Causes

Stacy Keibler is an actress, model and former professional wrestler.

Please also see our 11 past articles about Stacy Keibler
Charities & foundations supported (7)
Stacy Keibler has supported the following charities:

After-School All-Stars
American Foundation for Equal Rights
DNA Foundation
DoSomething.org
Matt Leinart Foundation
The Samburu Project
UNICEF

Causes supported
At-Risk/Disadvantaged Youths, Children, Education, Gay/Lesbian Support, Health, Human Rights, Mental Challenges, Philanthropy, Physical Challenges, Poverty, Rape/Sexual Abuse, Water

Latest tweets

about an hour ago RT @OnlyCarney: @StacyKeibler I have collected bottle caps for cancer treatment. Anything for a friend! pic.twitter.com/6ePi5jzW

about 4 hours ago Amazing! RT @hjohal69: @StacyKeibler This is All the food that i donated to our local food drive today Smile pic.twitter.com/7mRvTfto

about 6 hours ago RT @FaiyazC: @StacyKeibler Just went shopping and got these foods for the homeless shelter! Happy Birthday! pic.twitter.com/tTnEPFud

about 9 hours ago Smile RT @kevinowles: @StacyKeibler we donated our time to Habitat for Humanity. Happy Birthday! pic.twitter.com/zEClHAkp

about 22 hours ago Having fun with Cheets @jakedavisfilms instagr.am/p/QtP_kSJU12/

about 22 hours ago Love it! RT @boston_bubba: @StacyKeibler What about donating platelets? pic.twitter.com/2WLAysxw

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure how current this information is but thought it relevant.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity Empty Stacy Keibler celebrates her birthday asking others to donate to charity

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 14 Oct 2012, 03:32

theminis wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stacy Keibler Charity Work, Events and Causes

Stacy Keibler is an actress, model and former professional wrestler.

Please also see our 11 past articles about Stacy Keibler
Charities & foundations supported (7)
Stacy Keibler has supported the following charities:

After-School All-Stars
American Foundation for Equal Rights
DNA Foundation
DoSomething.org
Matt Leinart Foundation
The Samburu Project
UNICEF

Causes supported
At-Risk/Disadvantaged Youths, Children, Education, Gay/Lesbian Support, Health, Human Rights, Mental Challenges, Philanthropy, Physical Challenges, Poverty, Rape/Sexual Abuse, Water

Latest tweets

about an hour ago RT @OnlyCarney: @StacyKeibler I have collected bottle caps for cancer treatment. Anything for a friend! pic.twitter.com/6ePi5jzW

about 4 hours ago Amazing! RT @hjohal69: @StacyKeibler This is All the food that i donated to our local food drive today Smile pic.twitter.com/7mRvTfto

about 6 hours ago RT @FaiyazC: @StacyKeibler Just went shopping and got these foods for the homeless shelter! Happy Birthday! pic.twitter.com/tTnEPFud

about 9 hours ago Smile RT @kevinowles: @StacyKeibler we donated our time to Habitat for Humanity. Happy Birthday! pic.twitter.com/zEClHAkp

about 22 hours ago Having fun with Cheets @jakedavisfilms instagr.am/p/QtP_kSJU12/

about 22 hours ago Love it! RT @boston_bubba: @StacyKeibler What about donating platelets? pic.twitter.com/2WLAysxw

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure how current this information is but thought it relevant.

Doesnt say what she has done to the support them maybe she just wrote a check. if you look at the other celebrities on the site it gives details about how they support the charities.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 14 Oct 2012, 06:39

melbert wrote:But, maybe I'm reading this wrong. She has received tweets that people are giving. Maybe they wouldn't have given without her prompting.
There is that.

Plus, no matter how she'd worded her tweet, with enough snark anything can be interpreted in a bad way.

I'm not that surprised that she asked for people to do stuff for her birthday. I think with her level of celebrity from dating George she could well be the recipient of gifts and promotional items, but I still think it's a bit weird to ask others to donate when you yourself don't appear to be doing anything. Let's see what she comes up with.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 14 Oct 2012, 08:29

Stacy would be more altruistic if she had written, do not get me gifts for my birthday but give money to charity! Ask others to give to charity is very easy and does not make a charitable person!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 14 Oct 2012, 08:30

Yes, there is a fine line when all this "donating" just seems tacky. If you give 5 c to each of the above mentioned charities, you can say I support these.

One time skipped my birthday by saying I won´t celebrate and no gifts. Friends bought me a cow and handed me the certificate of ownership. The cow lives in africa (it was some food charity project). For a long time I occasionally worried about my cow -dead or alive? How´s the cow doing?

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 14 Oct 2012, 12:46

Theminis, those tweets you posted kinds of prove the point. Five are from other people talking about the good they've done for various causes (I donated to cancer! I'm donating platelets!). One is from Stacy, with a picture of her at a bar. Unless she was counseling alcoholics to get help at the time, she tweeted a picture of herself partying while everyone else was doing some good in the world. Bad form.

Maybe she could have donated the cost of one of her three (and counting) birthday parties to charity as an example to her followers?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Oct 2012, 13:26

This could go on and on, so agree to definately disagree with most opinions.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 14 Oct 2012, 13:42

Missa wrote:Theminis, those tweets you posted kinds of prove the point. Five are from other people talking about the good they've done for various causes (I donated to cancer! I'm donating platelets!). One is from Stacy, with a picture of her at a bar. Unless she was counseling alcoholics to get help at the time, she tweeted a picture of herself partying while everyone else was doing some good in the world. Bad form.

Maybe she could have donated the cost of one of her three (and counting) birthday parties to charity as an example to her followers?

I completely agree Missa...the best way to lead is by example. She started out doing good by asking others to donate instead of sending her gifts and then pictorially showed them her "example" of selflessness by partying, not once but twice and counting. Speaks volumes....
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:06

Do we really think these people were going to send her gifts?? It would be different if she said that she has asked her friends not to give her gifts but to give to charity and why dont others do the same, or for my birthday I'm going to spend the day helping others will you join me?? I highly doubt these people went and did their charity work because stacy asked them to, seems that they were probably doing it anyway.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:58

I don't think I've seen anyone "announce" their birthday this much on Twitter - not even her. I went back to see what she did last year and it was nothing like this. George took her and her friends to Cabo to celebrate her birthday about a week before her birthday. She posted a pic of her and her friends, but did not mention her birthday. On her birthday, she "responded" to various people for wishing her a happy birthday. The only time she specifically mentioned her birthday was on Oct. 15 when she posted a pic of her Ravens birthday cake and said something about it being given to her by a Bengals fan (cryptic George mention). I wonder why she feels the need to publicize her birthday this year.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 14 Oct 2012, 17:55

Well if someone wants to follow Stacy's lead and have their friends donate to charity instead of buying them birthday gifts, a great charity to do this with is called charitywater.org

They build and maintain wells (by hiring local people to maintain them) in countries that desperately need better ways to bring water to people who live mostly in third world countries.

They have a website that lets you set up a campaign to have your friends donate your age in dollars instead of getting you gifts. If I've read their info correctly - 100% of the donations go to the programs. They pay their admin costs via a different method.

And they also post pictures of all the projects they start and show where the money is being spent.

Oh that we could get ONE government with that much transparency! HA!

On a more serious note - the little girl profiled at the link below, had hoped to fund water for 15 people. She died before her campaign got off the ground, her story went viral and she ended up funding clean water for over 60,000 people!

Great charity. Hope this info prompts at least a few of you to either set up campaigns of your own or send this on to your friends.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next