George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks

+14
Best in Category
lelacorb
The next mrs clooney
Saveria
melbert
cindigirl
Joanna
EEOsandy
blackmamba
watching
party animal - not!
Katiedot
silly girl
18 posters

Go down

Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks Empty Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks

Post by silly girl Fri 12 Oct 2012, 05:28

From the NY Post:

Snacks by Stacy

George Clooney’s gal pal, Stacy Keibler, is getting into the healthy edibles game. Keibler, who will host Lifetime’s “Supermarket Superstars,” told us, “I’m developing my own healthy snack.” Attending the Macallan Masters of Photography event at the Bowery Hotel on Wednesday, she added, “I’d really like to target something for children because I feel like that is the generation I want to try and re-educate about food and what they’re putting into their bodies.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 05:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected title)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks Empty Re: Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 05:48

Wow. That's really something.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks Empty Re: Stacy Keiber to develop her own line of healthy snacks

Post by party animal - not! Fri 12 Oct 2012, 10:51

Excellent. Know she's a big supporter of Jamie Oliver and what he's trying to do

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:03

Financed, developed and distributed through the Bagel Chip people maybe??? Would make her endorsement with them less random if the case.

I really can't she her actually developing something herself - I think her name is just going to be attached to the product (if it actually occurs) for promotional purposes. She believes in 2 hours of workout everyday, eating predominately organic and regular cleanses - I don't see her as a source of knowledge on childhood nutrition to be able to develop something healthy and cost effective that parents would want to buy and be able to afford if she goes the organic routew. Kids who have a completely different set of health requirments for their mental and physical development which I doubt from her comment "I’d really like to target something for children" she has detailed knowledge of. Also kids aren't going to eat it cause it was developed by Stacy Keibler as they have no idea who she is. Some parents might buy it for that purpose but you can't build a business model around celebrity if the target market has no idea who the celebrity is.

I think it is the use of the word "target" that throws me as if she hasn't started the process of or even developed what the concept/basis of what the snack will be other than maybe for kids and healthy as that is seen as a lucrative market if you can break into it. Problem is kids are picky with their snack choices. If she developed something for adults that was low carb or a set number of carlories (for gym junkies like her or someone who wants a health snack in their desk drawer at work to avoid the vending machines) if they deliver on their claims, people could buy the snack even if it is more expensive that the unhealthy stuff.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:31

thanks for changing the title....it was late and I just used the title of the article.

I agree with Watching, kids are picky. I am always amazed when I see the shows that talk about getting kids to eat healthy. If a kids doesn't want to eat something they rarely do. There has been a lot of backlash in the schools lately because food is being thrown out. The schools are giving them better foods but they won't eat it. I have not children myself but I have nieces and nephews and I discuss almost everyday with my neighbor. Her one daughter won't eat a vegetable if was the last food on earth. She lives on bagels for lunch....I call her "carb" girl. Now they can out grow it. I had one nephew who literally only ate "white" food: Chicken, pasta & butter, vanilla ice cream. He cried at one of his birthdays when he was really young because we had written Happy B-day in Blue icing---it was a white cake with white icing. We had to scrape it off.

Now he is a teenager and he eats almost everything---except anything green.

As for SK developing something.....I guess it goes with her healthy living. For celebrities they either develop food, perfume or liquor. It had to be one of these..... Wink

Last edited by silly girl on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought about the subject)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:37

watching wrote:Financed, developed and distributed through the Bagel Chip people maybe??? Would make her endorsement with them less random if the case.
I was thinking the same.

I'm holding off comment on the snacks until I see what's been developed (if it ever even comes about, this is still very early days). It may be good, it may be bad. No way of telling now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackmamba Fri 12 Oct 2012, 13:17

Good for her that she has finally something ...hm...job-like Laughing

I think it is very bold of her to say i want to re-educate children. Good luck to her and as a mother i can only laugh about that. It is possible to make healthy food more attractive for children with fancyful packing & other extras but it doesn`T mean that the child will change his eating behaviour. The healthy stacy food, what ever it will be, will become very quickly uninteresting and the child will eat the next trendy very likely unhealthy-food. She can only re-educate the parents/mothers but the child itself not.

blackmamba
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 12 Oct 2012, 14:03

Unless the entire process of developing, marketing, etc. is done by someone else and only Stacy's name will be used to sell it, I can't see it ever coming to fruition. So far in her career, she's never stayed with anything very long (her Opensky website, fitness website - just to name a couple). It seems she does well at showing up, making an appearance, give me my check.

Anyway, no matter who does all the work, associating her with a child's snack is laughable for so many reasons. Not to mention her racy past, but unless someone is a mother, nutritionist, teacher, or someone else who has a lot of experience with children/nutrition, what could she possibly know about re-eduating children about anything or a snack being healthy.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 12 Oct 2012, 14:19

Anyone can learn about anything these days
Can't they ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 16:44

Yes, and I don't see anywhere where she says she's going to do it entirely by herself without any help from anyone, so she'll have the professional support needed.

If it goes ahead. How many of George's exes have made good on their projects? Remember Sarah Larson's reality TV show, modeling career and swimwear line?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 12 Oct 2012, 16:49

I wonder if Sarah did make good on some of her projects. Since her and George's breakup, nobody seems to want to follow her. I'm going to google her right now.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 16:53

Go for it, Cindigirl! I'm now making you the official Sarah Larson sleuth! Please report any findings in the Sarah Larson thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 12 Oct 2012, 17:04

OK boss- I'm on it!!!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 17:10

Last I heard she followed a boyfriend to NYC and is slopping drinks and teaching yoga.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Saveria Fri 12 Oct 2012, 18:27

Good for Stacey. She's got a great publicist, doesn't she? She'll be curing cancer soon, mark my words!

But seriously, if she truly is "passionate" about it (funny how none of this passion popped up before today) then I wish her all the best.

It is so true, kids are eating crap these days and whoever can come up with a way to proactively resolve this situation, then good for you. Authenticity can never backfire, so I hope she goes for it.
Saveria
Saveria
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackmamba Fri 12 Oct 2012, 18:50

Katiedot wrote:Yes, and I don't see anywhere where she says she's going to do it entirely by herself without any help from anyone, so she'll have the professional support needed.

If it goes ahead. How many of George's exes have made good on their projects? Remember Sarah Larson's reality TV show, modeling career and swimwear line?

First, IMO she used a lot of "I`s" in her statement. I can`t read something like: "Some Experts and I develop xyz...and we want to start a project to re-educate childrens` relation to food." just an example.

I didn`t want to offend anyone here or her new project, which she hopefully will take serious because it is not as easy as it looks on paper. It is far more complex and IMO you have to start to re-educate the parents otherwise the efforts will go down the pan.
I like surprises and maybe she surprsise me too, so all power to her, Good Luck

blackmamba
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 12 Oct 2012, 20:01

It's ridiculous that an anorexic who promotes unhealthy bagel chips and cleanses thinks she should be helping our children with their nutrition. Someone make this girl stop. I doubt the snack will ever hit the shelves unless she intends to go on her own supermarket show to make it.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 12 Oct 2012, 20:39

Saveria wrote:Good for Stacey. She's got a great publicist, doesn't she? She'll be curing cancer soon, mark my words!

But seriously, if she truly is "passionate" about it (funny how none of this passion popped up before today) then I wish her all the best.

It is so true, kids are eating crap these days and whoever can come up with a way to proactively resolve this situation, then good for you. Authenticity can never backfire, so I hope she goes for it.

Saveria yhe children eat shit in these days because the mothers give thier to eat shit. I do not think children need a Keibler but a caring mother to their diet
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Saveria Sat 13 Oct 2012, 04:56

Lelacorb, I don't really agree with you.

Although it is true that moms influence what their kids eat when they are small, as soon as they hit their teenage years, they are accountable for their own actions, and then it's peer pressure that is the primary influence.

A "caring" mother can only do so much. You have to pick your battles, and if your kid leaves home without breakfast because they have to catch the bus or be late, but can then pick up a healthy snack at school, then everyone is a winner.

The more options they have, then the more opportunities they have to make the right choices.

But I do agree that Stacey may not be the right person for the job. You have to lead by example, don't you?!
Saveria
Saveria
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 13 Oct 2012, 06:58

Katiedot wrote:

Larson's "plans" went the same way as Betty's claims of being hired as the protagonist of a US TV show that was being built around her (as was the first person signed to the project) and the two Hollywood films she stated she had landed (to the Italian press) not long after the DWTS cast off...
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 13 Oct 2012, 08:11

Yeah, give your child a healthy industrially processed snack. Forget about apples, bananas…fresh fruits.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:26

Best in Category wrote:Yeah, give your child a healthy industrially processed snack. Forget about apples, bananas…fresh fruits.

I agree. It 'was the first thing I thought. I would also add yogurt or as my mother suggests a simple slice of bread with extra virgin olive oil

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 13 Oct 2012, 13:52

Saveria wrote:Lelacorb, I don't really agree with you.

Although it is true that moms influence what their kids eat when they are small, as soon as they hit their teenage years, they are accountable for their own actions, and then it's peer pressure that is the primary influence.

A "caring" mother can only do so much. You have to pick your battles, and if your kid leaves home without breakfast because they have to catch the bus or be late, but can then pick up a healthy snack at school, then everyone is a winner.

The more options they have, then the more opportunities they have to make the right choices.

But I do agree that Stacey may not be the right person for the job. You have to lead by example, don't you?!

I do not agree with you if you get used to a child to eat well continue to eat well if given the opportunity, I do not just mean eating well sennza vegetable oil or food diet but I mean home-cooked food with fresh products! What boy would not prefer a healthy home-cooked pizza with fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella for a pizza with poor ingredients cooked in a fast food restaurant?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 13 Oct 2012, 14:32

Lelacorb, I am not disagreeing with you, but more a point of clarification of American ways. But in your last comment of healthy home-cooked pizza vs. fast food restaurant. As a mother of a very healthy boy (a long time ago as he's a very healthy man now!!!), he would eat my home-cooked meals and then immediately go out with his friends to get burger and fries or tacos or pizza or whatever at the fast food places. OR, he would eat at those places then come home and say "gee Mom, I'm not hungry cuz' I already ate with the guys" after I had cooked a meal. There is alot of peer pressure to go out and be like everybody else and meet up at the burger joint and pig out. Funny side story though. The other night my son called me and was cooking dinner for his little family. He wanted to know how I cooked a particular thing as he wanted to share his memories of that with HIS children. So, it's not a total lost cause.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 13 Oct 2012, 14:55

As an Italian American mother who rasised three very healthy, strong young men, I agree with all of you BIC, Lux and Lelacorb!

And two of them played football all through school and one of them was a long distance runner, so that one had a real "hollow leg" to fill every night after practice! They ALWAYS ate healthy HOME COOKED food...that was their preference to crappy fast food or anything prepackaged, even for snacks. They wanted REAL food when they got home from those long practices...believe me you would rather clothe and house them than feed them!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sat 13 Oct 2012, 15:23

melbert wrote:.... So, it's not a total lost cause.
Melber, it is time well spent.
I grew up with healthy food. Of course, as a teenager I visited the fast food but just to be with my friends. I really do not like that kind of food.
Today I am a grown woman and I think that the best restaurant in the world is my kitchen (or my mother's kitchen)

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 13 Oct 2012, 17:47

I just want to know what she's going to name it. Not like she can use Keibler without getting a lot of flack from Keebler! Ha!

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sat 13 Oct 2012, 17:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cause I can't spell!)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 13 Oct 2012, 18:01

[quote="LornaDoone"]I just want to know what she's going to name it. Not like she can use Keibler without getting a lot of flack from Keebler! Ha!

Maybe she'll use her old wrestling name - Ms. Hancock.

I agree with other posters about getting kids to eat healthy. My kids have grown up eating homecooked unprocessed meals with lots of fresh vegetables. I've always made homemade sweet treats (cookies, etc.), but those are dessert (or rewards) for eating their healthy meal. Fruit with yogurt, unsalted nuts, and crunchy vegetables with a healthy dip are normal snacks around our house. On the other hand, I have friends who do not cook at all and their meals consist of drive through fast food and the occasional restaurant carry-out. Parents are responsible for what their young children eat and establishing their healthy eating habits. It doesn't do much good to educate children about eating healthy if there is no support for it or reinforcement at home.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 13 Oct 2012, 18:35

It doesn't do much good to educate children about eating healthy if there is no support for it or reinforcement at home.

You're so right Sandy...there is no substitute for early training and that's evident in more than just eating habits but extends to almost everything they do in life from good manners to handling conflicts or ridicule. Children are a reflection of their home environment and whom and what they become as adults is the direct result...for better or worse.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 13 Oct 2012, 19:04

Agree, Lighter. I always felt that First Lady Obama's initiative regarding obese children would be ineffective, and it was. Children are obese due to how much and what they are eating at home - not at school. Obese children are outside anyone's control except the child, the parent, and in some cases, their physician. I'm actually more concerned about children who have little or no food, and that's an area where everyone can actually contribute.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 13 Oct 2012, 21:40

Again, I agree but in her favor (FLOTUS), she is getting everyone to focus on their eating habits somewhat through her efforts and that will filter down to the children eventually, one hopes.

We have to start somewhere and bringing attention to the health issues linked to unhealthy eating is also essential. We're facing an epidemic of diabetes in the near future, so healthcare costs are going to skyrocket as a result as well.

This issue impacts a great deal of society at every level and we'd better come to grips with it soon.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 14 Oct 2012, 06:52

I don't know if any of you have read the Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen (I'm doing this from memory so that may not be his right name)?

It completely changed my outlook on food, production of food and food processing. I've been so much pickier about what I put in my mouth ever since.

In terms of food, I mean. Ahem!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 14 Oct 2012, 07:00

Katiedot wrote:I don't know if any of you have read the Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen (I'm doing this from memory so that may not be his right name)?

It completely changed my outlook on food, production of food and food processing. I've been so much pickier about what I put in my mouth ever since.

Brahahaha!

Well if it's not food you should be even pickier!

thanks for the laugh!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 14 Oct 2012, 09:22

Katiedot wrote:I don't know if any of you have read the Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen (I'm doing this from memory so that may not be his right name)?

I remember seeing the doco Food Inc and it completely changed the way I shop. I refuse to buy meat and most commercially farmed produce at the everyday supermarket anymore knowing the amounts of hormones and stimulants/genetically enhanced products that are used in the crops and is fed to the livestock to get them to grow fatter faster. I now buy direct fom the farmers, order online, grow my own or shop at my local organic supermarket.

Sometimes you can't avoid it and/or you don't know the original source but I try. I can't avoid it when I purchase meals out or need a fast food hit, but at home I try.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 14 Oct 2012, 13:29

I never read Omnivore's Dilemma but I did read Michael Pollan's book In Defense of Food. I changed my eating habits and shopping habits because of it. I wish I could do what you did watching but I try as much as possible to buy organic and I don't eat a lot of meat. I do feel better with the changes I have made.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Oct 2012, 13:47

Ladies I dream of my kids eating healthy foods - in that I wish they would eat better and I really try. We have take-out maybe twice a month, otherwise its home cooked meals for dinner. Mine love brocolli and raw carrots (for vegies, thats it though) , all fruit, yoghurts, water etc, red meat and occasional chicken and fish, pasta but only with butter and plain brown rice. Sounds sort of healthy, however although I always provide fresh variety of vegies, its my hubby and me who end up eating most of it. They are at times hard to cook for. They never ever leave home for school without breakfast, one thing I stick to no matter what.

I have a male friend whose motto is that he wont eat anything with a barcode on it - think I'll give that diet a try this week.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:44

I hate it when celebs suddenly get to be such "experts" on things that they start selling things. It is such transparent oppurtunism. I suppose you can't blame most of them if you get those offers, but I wish they had more integrity. They are also taking on some risks when they do sucg things for the money. For example, that clothing is produced in sweat shops, etc. Or when they do personal appearances for 3rd world despots (like HIlary Swank). I hate celebrity perfumes and fashion lines. I used to watch Dr. Phil sometimes, but when he came out with a vitamin line, I was like "WTF?" and he lost all credibility with me.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 14 Oct 2012, 17:10

theminis wrote:Ladies I dream of my kids eating healthy foods - in that I wish they would eat better and I really try. We have take-out maybe twice a month, otherwise its home cooked meals for dinner. Mine love brocolli and raw carrots (for vegies, thats it though) , all fruit, yoghurts, water etc, red meat and occasional chicken and fish, pasta but only with butter and plain brown rice. Sounds sort of healthy, however although I always provide fresh variety of vegies, its my hubby and me who end up eating most of it. They are at times hard to cook for. They never ever leave home for school without breakfast, one thing I stick to no matter what.

I have a male friend whose motto is that he wont eat anything with a barcode on it - think I'll give that diet a try this week.
A tip to make your kids eat vegetables instead of dressing pasta with butter (not good!) Season with simple sauces to vegetables. I cook with the eggplant with arugula, cherry tomatoes with raw, with the peppers with broccoli, with the tops of turnips etc.., You will see that they will eat

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 14 Oct 2012, 19:36

The trouble is, if integrity was The Rule, hardly anyone would
work any more.
It's gone out of the window...especially by the politicians
and the bankers.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Saveria Sun 14 Oct 2012, 20:03

Everyone here has come up with valid arguments about the whole children and nutritional dilemna.

Here's a different slant to the discussion. It's called free will. Every human being, regardless of their culture and home environment, has the free will to make decisions based on preferences. This can be influened by the home environment, but also peer pressure, media and other social institutions.

Example -- I became a vegetarian 7 years ago, primarly because of spiritual reasons. I had no expectations that my teenage children would follow suit, but they did. Slowly at first, but now they are wholeheartedly into it.

Did I preach to them? No. Did I lead by example? Yes.

Do they eat cooked vegetables? No. But don't I lead by example? Yes, but right now, at this stage in their life, they hate cooked vegatables. Even as vegetarians who understand the importance of eating them, they limit their diet by only eating raw veggies.

This is their own free will, their own preference, and no matter how enticing I make these cooked vegetables appear, they will not eat them.

My point? You can do everything in your power to influence another person into making the right choices (and doing the right thing) but at the end of the day, it is their own free will that will get them there.
Saveria
Saveria
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down