George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The green line or red line next to some posts EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The green line or red line next to some posts

+4
lolo"layla"
Lella_la_bella
Joanna
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

The green line or red line next to some posts Empty The green line or red line next to some posts

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jan 2012, 18:35

Because people aks what the little green lines (or red lines, or sometimes part green and part red lines) next to a post means, here's an overview:

If you like a post (by clicking the little + sign next to the post) a little green line appears next to the post. If more people give + signs to the same post, the size of the line doesn't get any bigger, but if you hover your mouse over it, you can see how many votes it got.

Likewise, if you disagree with a post, you can click on the - sign next to it and a little red line will appear.

If some people liked a post and other people disliked it, you get a joint red/green line and the size of the red or green section reflects the weight of either positive or negative votes.

You need to be registered in order to be able to like (or dislike) a post and you are limited to how many posts you can vote on in a day. I think it's 15 posts, but it may be 10. I can't remember.

Also, you have to have made 15 posts of your own before you're able to start voting (that's to stop spineless lurkers and sock puppet accounts from overwhelming the system).

You can't vote on your own post, natch.

You can't change your vote so click carefully.

If you've accidentally given someone a red vote, just post or send them a PM to explain.

Each 'like' vote gives the poster one Clooneyliciousness point and each 'dislike' takes one point away.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The green line or red line next to some posts Empty Re: The green line or red line next to some posts

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jan 2012, 18:43

Thank you. All clear now !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

The green line or red line next to some posts Empty Re: The green line or red line next to some posts

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jan 2012, 19:00

sisieq wrote:
Katiedot wrote:There are some people who are too shy to post all th etime but would still like to contribute to the conversation y liking or disliking a post.

I'd read it as someone agreeing (or disagreeing) with what you said rather than a judgment on what you're written.
That's how it use to be. I posted in one of my rants, that that is no longer the case. It has become a "voting" contest between EC and SK - there are some here who positively love SK (no problem with that) and will neg people if you dare say anything wrong about her. There are a few here who positively hate EC and do the same thing if you make ANY comment that is nice about EC.

Whether you and others want to believe it or not, that is the case now.
I'll bring this conversation over here so it doesn't get lost in the middle of the Elisabetta thread.

I hear your anger, Sisieq and I can see you're upset. Are you familiar with the expression 'if you have a hammer in your hand, every problem looks like a nail'? The reason I ask is because you're the one doing so much of the red spotting. Your post has made me go and take a look, and I can see that you've given 71 negative votes. There is only one other poster in this forum whose given more than you (Lolo who's given 74 negative votes).

To put that into context I had a look at the top 25 posters on this forum to see what's a 'normal' number of red lines given by the frquent posters. It may surprise you, but I've only ever given 5 negative votes. It's Me has given 0. Cindigirl has given 7. Lucy has given 1. Dexterdidit has given 3. Pattygirl has given 0. And so on and so on.

WIth very few exceptions (Zizi, Joanna and Charley are the next most frequent red liners but waaaaaay behind you with only around 20 or so each, followed by Wolfgang Gunnerson with 11 neg votes) most posters rarely or never use the red line option. I can only find six people who have given more than 7 red line votes in the entire list of top 50 posters in the forum.

Just so you see what I'm saying, you seem to be complaining about the mis-use of the negative votes but while most posters on this site haven't given more than 3 red lines, you've given 71.

Forgive me for saying this but I'm not sure what secret "voting contest" you (and Lolo) think you are doing with all those red lines you're giving, but I can only say that likely it's all in your imaginations.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lella_la_bella Sun 22 Jan 2012, 17:14

pooping I gave out a red mark by mistake sorry scaredsilly
Lella_la_bella
Lella_la_bella
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 22 Jan 2012, 17:32

You can click on the + to make it half green Lella
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 22 Jan 2012, 17:46

It's ok, this isn't a confessional!

Just do as I suggest and either PM that person or post in the thread to say it was an accident and then you can give them a green line in another one of their posts to make up for it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:07

the red marks is stupid game and i done it to defense myself from some crazies who every time i make point they gived it to me anyway ,WHY U DON'T CANCEL IT katiedot ??????????????

it makes no point in this place which should be fan site and source of info and pics of MR Clooney not any person but him !!!!!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:15

Because it's part of the forum, Lolo.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:23

allow me to tell u it's so stupid part and would bring feud which unneeded on this type of web sites this is not google site of news discussion site, so it's make sense of having such a vote!. it's site for entertaining and it's fan site are u sure u know fan site meaning ?

it should be specialized for the latest news and pics shouldn't include fan fights u are wrong about that !

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:26

I'm not a computer programmer so I ca't get rid of it otherwise I would have a long time ago.

The good news is that apart from you and Sisieq (and to a much lesser extent Joanna, Zizi and Charley), almost nobody else uses the red lines. So maybe you two can agree to stop then we can all relax?

Also - it doesn't require red/green lines for fans to argue on these forums.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 22 Jan 2012, 18:37

u might did not read well my post but there was some poster who started this red marks with me so it start to use their way and give it back to them , i didn't give the red marks first but i might be more because they are more than one person who done it !

i am not a fan of it and if i am most one who gived it it was directed to only couple of posters cuz they attacked me here first and not only one time they did, not every post i don't like i give it red marks but in ec thread there was some ppl who drove me nuts and if they wanted to play it like kids i made my responed to it on their own way .i wish if u could take it back anyway so bad that u can't .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 18:09

Question about the green thing.

Sometimes I see this green thumb where I can click on it but not always. Sometimes I read threads where someone else can give a greeny but I can't. It doesn't bother me much as I do not use it often but I was just wondering why I can not see the green thumb all the time just occasionally?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 17 Aug 2013, 05:03

I really don't know why it comes and goes. Sorry!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:52

Err...i only see a green thumbs up sign, just wondering where is the red thumbs down sign to click on...not that i wanna use it, just that i'm only now becoming aware of this whole thing. Also, insome posts there's just a green line, in others there's the green thumb, how come?

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:15

Katie took away the "red" line as some people were abusing it and being just plain mean in giving it if they disagreed or didn't like the poster.  After a person clicks on the green thumb,   the green line appears.  If there is a green line beside a post already, and you like the post too, you can still click on to it and it will increase the poster's "Clooney-liciousness" count.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:59

Katiedot wrote:I really don't know why it comes and goes.  Sorry!
Ok thanks, I will feel like Christmas or Birthday whenever I see the green thumb as I know it is rare for me hahaha. I will make the best out of it    Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 17 Aug 2013, 17:15

Gave you a greenie Nicky to cheer you on !

Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 17:21

Yeah thanks     Yahooooo   what a privilege   hehe  Can't wait for the moment when I see it again. It is like a lotterie. You hope everyday   Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Jul 2016, 12:26

How can you give someone a greenie if the green thumb isn't there already?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 24 Jul 2016, 01:26

I think, but maybe I'm wrong as I clearly have CRS, if you've given several greenies, your ability to give greenies the rest of the day is put on hold.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 24 Jul 2016, 03:00

Mel - But how do you give a "green thumb" in the first place? You'd think after 3 years on the forum I'd figure it out, but I still don't know how. (I have, however, mastered the art of clicking on one that's already there! Yahooooo)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 24 Jul 2016, 14:28

I guess I don't know Lizzy.  However, I have seen a few other people who did not have a green thumbs up beside their names.  You own post won't have the thumb, cuz' for some reason you can't give yourself a greenie, no matter how awesome your post is!  Go figure...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 24 Jul 2016, 19:05

Well, yeah! I mean, giving yourself a greenie is really tacky, no? But I have often wanted to give someone else a greenie and couldn't because the "thumbs up" wasn't there.

Do you have to have a Facebook account to create a greenie? If so, isn't there another way for those of us who don't want a Facebook account?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 25 Jul 2016, 01:19

The greenies have nothing to do with FB Lizzy.  I guess some people just might not qualify to have a thumbs up icon so you can't give them a greenie.  Sorry I can't help more.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 31 Jul 2016, 11:39

Lizzy,

I think is has to to do with the Internet version. I had the same issue a long time ago. And I updated my Internet version and after it was fix. Now I'm using google chrome. Check if you can do an update on your version. Maybe this will help.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down