George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now

+10
OofOof
The next mrs clooney
Katiedot
it's me
lelacorb
party animal - not!
melbert
Lakin460
Joanna
silly girl
14 posters

Go down

Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now Empty Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now

Post by silly girl Thu 11 Oct 2012, 17:28

Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NowWhen we spotted Stacy Keibler at The Macallan/Annie Leibovitz photo exhibit last night at the Bowery Hotel in New York, we couldn’t help but notice that the model girlfriend of George Clooney was carrying a bright red Kate Spade envelope clutch to offset her all-black outfit. Turns out, there are some interesting connections here: Keibler revealed exclusively to InStyle.com that she has been working with celebrity stylist (and color proponent) Brad Goreski, who is also the exclusive brand stylist of Kate Spade: He helped her pick out that amazing vintage Azzedine Alaïa cutout dress she wore to last week’s Argo premiere. “I worked with Brad, and I put that Alaïa dress on, and it was just like, ‘Done,‘” she told us. (The stylist has also worked with the likes of Jessica Alba, Rashida Jones, and Christina Ricci.) “It was vintage from New York, and it just fit perfectly. It was just the one.” Now we’re wondering if Goresky influenced her eye-catching look last night—a Bill Blass blazer, J Brand jeans, and sky-high Jimmy Choo stilettos. And on the subject of those shoes, which made the already 5’11″ Keibler well over six feet: “I have a pair of flats in the car for later,” Keibler told us.

Also this tweet from a makeup artist

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now Empty Re: Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now

Post by Joanna Thu 11 Oct 2012, 17:36

Would that be the reason she is so thin now ?
I know nothing about stylists, but does this latest one
encourage his clients to be so skinny ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now Empty Re: Exclusive Details: Stacy Keibler Is Working with Stylist Brad Goreski Now

Post by Lakin460 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 17:37

Good job, SG!!! Great find! You're quite the cyber sleuth these days. Thanks for the story, gal! Thumbs up!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 11 Oct 2012, 17:53

Joanna wrote:Would that be the reason she is so thin now ?
I know nothing about stylists, but does this latest one
encourage his clients to be so skinny ?
He worked with Rachel Zoe for awhile and she's so thin that if you turned her sideways and she stuck out her tongue, she'd look like a zipper.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 11 Oct 2012, 18:07

Thanks Lakin, I try. Yesterday was a day I was out and about. Today I am sitting here waiting for the heating guy to fix my heating system. Dreading the bill. Should be looking for an elusive job.

Katie I know you want us to start new threads but I am adding this one to this post because it has to do with the event.

I think it is funny that Popsugar sorta mentions SK at the event but the big news is about two other actors opening up about how they are dating. It is mostly about them....although the ensuing photos are of SK and a bit of AB. Wink

Alexis Bledel and Vincent Kartheiser went public last night at The Macallan Masters of Photography Series Launch at NYC's Bowery Hotel. Also out to see the exhibit of Annie Leibovitz photos was Stacy Keibler, whose own significant other, George Clooney, left NYC earlier in the day. Vincent opened up about dating Alexis on the red carpet, saying, "I'm a really lucky guy . . . the most important thing, for us, is to make sure that we see each other in the flesh at least once every 10 days. All the other stuff is good, like FaceTime and the texting . . . I love seeing her. You gotta make the flight!"

Alexis and Vincent have been dating for a few months, having met when she filmed a guest role on his show Mad Men's most recent season. It's been a big month for Alexis and the costars from another of her projects, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Alexis just attended Amber Tamblyn's wedding to David Cross, after the whole gang was at Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds's mid-September nuptials. The fourth from the big-screen series, America Ferrera, wed Ryan Piers Williams in June 2011.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 11 Oct 2012, 18:23

I have to say I like SK's new look. I think the hair is shorter and smart, and the make up seems to be minimal - it's all relative

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 11 Oct 2012, 20:54

but who is the designer? Surely a person who needs talent! Noisy. She looks like a Sicilian in mourning!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 11 Oct 2012, 21:00

LOOOL
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 11 Oct 2012, 22:00

lelacorb wrote:but who is the designer? Surely a person who needs talent! Noisy. She looks like a Sicilian in mourning!

All the models were in black and Annie was too, so maybe
it was her instruction as the photographer.

lol! Do Sicilian ladies in mourning sport bright red handbags ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 12 Oct 2012, 06:18

Nice find, Silly Girl.

I wondered if she'd changed stylists because her recent style is different from what she was wearing on the red carpet for Ides of March premieres and stuff. She (or Brad) seems to understand how to make the most of her body without looking cheap, although IMO the dress she wore to the Argo premiere was a definite miss on that count and I love Alaia.

She's looked a lot more streamlined and elegant rather than all ruffled and a little overdone.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:57

I really wish that GC would show up....all the news out there is about her but here we go:

Stacy Keibler on Working with Brad Goreski: ‘I’m Having a Blast!’
Oct 25, 2012 @ 11:42 am
George Clooney isn’t the only one who’s got his hands on Stacy Keibler these days—Brad Goreski does, too! Keibler is now working with the celebrity stylist and former InStyle contributor, which means he helped put her in these two Monique Lhuillier looks shown here. “I’m really having a blast with Brad,” she told InStyle.com at the Valspar Love Your Color Guarantee Project launch in New York City. “We are on the same page. We have an amazing connection when we work together and we have so much fun. That’s really important.” So, can we expect to see bright colors, Brad’s favorite? Absolutely. “I really love color, actually,” she told us. “There is a great energy that comes with color.” Agreed!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 27 Oct 2012, 07:50

I thought we had this one already. Oh well:

Oct 25, 2012

Can Brad Goreski Make Stacy Keibler A Style Star? We Chat Her Up

By Jonathan M. Square & Kristian Laliberte

Stacy Keibler has had quite a career. First, she made her name as cheerleader for the Baltimore Ravens and then, surprisingly, as a wrestling personality with the WWE. Keibler has also worked as an actress and model, and she even placed third on the second season of Dancing With The Stars, which would technically make her a dancer, as well. Nowadays, she has once again undergone another transformation, this time as a red carpet fixture on the arm of beau George Clooney... which might be the best role she's ever landed. Lucky lady.

While we're not entirely sure of what she actually does now professionally (hey, hanging with Clooney is almost a full-time job), she's made another good career move this month, hiring stylist Brad Goreski to help step up her getup game. Is she pulling a Mandy Moore? Maybe. Everyone knows there's good money in being a style star, so we're hoping the latest addition to her payroll, well, pays off.

This week, she's been hitting the NYC event circuit hard: Yesterday morning, she launched the Valspar Love Your Color Guarantee Project to benefit Habitat for Humanity, wearing a Monique Lhuillier blouse and Rupert Sanderson shoes. Then, that same night, she rocked a Nanette Lepore seafoam lace dress at the celebration of Rent the Runway’s new platform," Our Runway." To be perfectly honest, we're not 100% sold on her transition from wrestler to red carpet winner yet, but we're giving her props for major improvement (and awesome attitude)...and we're hoping that, à la Kate Middleton, her evolution will keep getting better.

According to several luxury house publicists we talked to off-the-record, there has to be a proven track record of consistently well-styled appearances before they'll even consider loaning to Keibler, who isn't on the fashion A-list. That said, Goreski will certainly help her climb the lending ladder (and give him some material for the new season of his Bravo show), as long as he pushes her to edge it up. Duly intrigued, we hit up Hollywood's most famous GF at the RTR bash to discuss her evolving aesthetic, working with Goreski, Kim K., and learning from past red carpet blunders. Again, let's give Keibler credit — from a serious WWE diva to getting dressed by Mr. Goreski? Not half-bad, right?

The whole "costume" thing has been big part of your wardrobe in the past — how is it influencing your style now?
"Well, I think that as you grow, everyone evolves, so I’m really happy to be evolving with fashion and learning more. I’m eager to constantly grow, so I’ve been having so much fun playing with my looks and changing up fashion and working with amazing designers."

You recently hired Brad, what's that like?
"Yes. I have been working with Brad for a couple of months…I really think Brad is so talented. He is as equally talented as he is fun. And, we have a blast working together."

What do you think of Kim Kardashian's style? She's been wearing more high-fashion brands like Givenchy and Maison Martin Margiela.
"Oh, that's nice."

Would you ever wear brands with a little more edge?
"I'm not sure."

When you look back on the past, can you think of any red carpet mistakes you've made?
"Well, I love that I’ve evolved and I love where I am with fashion now. And, I can always look back and laugh at myself because…I just laugh and I’m like, 'Wow, I had no idea what I was doing.' But I wasn’t exposed to it. So, that’s part of me, it’s who I am."

In the past, you’ve been a cheerleader and a wrestler. Are there any similarities with being on the red carpet and being in the wrestling ring?
"I would say that the only similarity is that the paparazzi are screaming your name. And, when you walk into the ring, fans are screaming your name. So, that’s the one similarity."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 27 Oct 2012, 11:04

Must be really hard to give serious answers to some of these oh-so-vital questions. I'd find it not to laugh openly.

And she's right. Don't know how anyone deals with the screaming and yelling paps.

Right, just going to evolve myself into the bath...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 27 Oct 2012, 15:08

She's probably working with Brad so that she can get on his reality tv show.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Mar 2013, 09:01

And gosh, Rachel Zoe isn't a happy bunny:

How Rachel Zoe is 'furious' that her 'backstabbing' former assistant's reality show will be aired directly after her own

By MARGOT PEPPERS
PUBLISHED: 22:04 GMT, 1 March 2013

Rachel Zoe is 'furious' at the Bravo executives who scheduled her former assistant's reality show to air directly after her own.

The celebrity stylist and her once-beloved right-hand man Brad Goreski have not been on speaking terms since they parted ways in 2011. And a source close to her told RadarOnline that she thinks the timing of his show - now in its second season - is 'tacky and in poor taste.'

Hard feelings: Rachel Zoe is 'furious' at the TV execs who scheduled her former assistant Brad Goreski's reality show, It's a Brad, Brad World, to air directly after her own

The source said: 'Rachel just can't escape Brad! 'The two had parted on good terms initially, but she felt he was very shady about branching out on his own as a stylist and then getting his own reality show.'

On The Rachel Zoe Project, Mr Goreski told his boss that he was leaving the show to get out of the limelight - not to launch a solo career.

But she soon learned that not only had her former ally acquired her client Demi Moore as one of his own, but he was also launching a reality series on the very same network as hers. The style expert apparently fears that by making her ex-assistant famous, she also created 'a backstabbing monster'.

The petite 41-year-old fumed during one episode: 'Of course within a week of us parting, [Brad] started to pursue our clients, going to all these events, and doing all these things he said he wasn't interested in.'

For his part, Mr Goreski has denied her allegations of client thievery.
'That's not the truth,' he told The Daily Beast in 2011. 'And she knows that's not the truth.'

He continued: 'I didn't even say goodbye to a lot of her clients because I didn't want anything to be misconstrued as me soliciting anybody.'

But according to RadarOnline, Ms Zoe's suspicions about him are not unfounded. 'Brad's obsessed with making Rachel look like the villain, and he plans to let out all his grievances on television'

'It seems that Brad's obsessed with making Rachel look like the villain, and he plans to let out all his grievances on television,' another source told the website just prior to the new show's debut.

'It's going to get ugly, and there is no way Rachel will be able to avoid confrontation, which is exactly what Brad wants.'

But the source maintains that the stylist should not worry about his show taking attention away from her own. 'Rachel has a huge following and is a household name, whereas Brad is still relatively unknown,' they explained. 'There's really no competition.'

Although the pair are no longer on speaking terms, Ms Zoe will likely be asked questions about their relationship as she promotes the fifth season of her show.

'She just doesn’t want to deal with that anymore, the source said. 'It's a closed chapter, she moved on a very long time ago.'

The Rachel Zoe Project premieres Wednesday, March 6 at 9/8c on Bravo, and It’s a Brad, Brad World follows at 10/9c.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Mar 2013, 16:38

I know we are supposed to maintain a certain level of decorum but I just can't hold this in...I don't get the national Rachel Zoe love fest. The woman obviously has an eating disorder and seems to push the same uber thin look onto her clients, at least her younger clients.

She's always dressed in oversized dresses, probably to cover up her bones and I generally don't like most of what she does as a stylist. All her clients look the same! Brad seems to have a client list of mostly D listers but he does at least dress each client a little differently. And, he's certainly improved Stacy's look, for the most part.

As far as their "shows" I'm not a reality show girl so maybe they're good, don't know. But I don't know how anyone could sit for 30 minutes or an hour watching either of these people!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanne Dungworth Sat 02 Mar 2013, 16:41

[deleted]
Joanne Dungworth
Joanne Dungworth
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 02 Mar 2013, 16:57

I'm so pleased My Millie doesn't live with the Imposter.
She's safe and sound with me.

Sofa bounce

Thanks for deleting the imposter !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Mar 2013, 17:11

Yes, thank you Katie! You must be getting tired of this.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 02 Mar 2013, 17:48

Stacy was on the promos for Brad's show, so I would expect she will be on one or more episodes.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 03 Mar 2013, 09:06

This was the stylist's tweet the day before the Oscars:

Brad Goreski‏@mrbradgoreski
I styled @StacyKeibler and @jennaldewan for the #oscars. Look out for them on the red carpet #PeopleOscars

So he dressed the girlfriend of and the wife of. That's all? Um no disrespect but they aren't "names" on their own or drawcards. They aren't nominees, previous nominess, working actresses at the calibre of the Academy or even academy members. Just currently, the significant other of someone in the business. I would have thought he would have had a few more clients to dress for this considering the amount of press and hoopla there is around the bloke. It's a Brad Brad World seems to be a quiet place when it comes to the serious end of the award season.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 03 Mar 2013, 09:31

I wonder if these people still have one foot on the ground.
For "normal" people, who are used to do some nine to five job and the work at home, it is pure fun to dress up and style themselves.
But for Stayce it is work...oh, well...
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Mar 2013, 11:09

Must be relief to go home and out a pair of jeans on. And at least she's with a guy who definitely has one foot on the ground - when he's not flying............!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sun 03 Mar 2013, 11:56

Must be hard work to sit down quiet while other people do the work on your body. Changing outfits and try out a few dresses throughout the day must be pretty exhausting for her too.

Poor woman, so much to do.

And from what I know, most of her time she's without this flying guy...because he's got some real jobs.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 06 Mar 2013, 10:37

Yes, this is how slow the week is.

He may not be dressing the A list but he is making some coin. I guess if he works out of his house it could be a partial tax write-off?

House he bought:

Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Brad Goreski and Gary Janetti Did It In Westwood

BUYERS: Brad Goreski and Gary Janetti
PRICE: $2,333,500
SIZE: 4,542 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms

YOUR MAMAS NOTES: We recently received an unexpected query from a gal we'll call Nelly Needstoknow who wondered if Your Mama had any idea at all where bespectacled and bow-tied celebrity stylist and reality t.v. denizen Brad Goreski and his long-time man-friend, successful sit-com writer/producer Gary Janetti, high-tailed it after they unloaded their low slung contemporary in L.A.'s Lake Hollywood 'hood last year for $1,799,000. We didn't. A second email from Nelly, fast on the digital heels of the first, revealed that she was quite concerned that, after more than a decade of romantic domesticity, Mister Goreski and Mister Janetti might have busted up. Well, children, since Mister Goreski hasn't returned any of our calls lately, we didn't know a thing about that either.*

Naturally, we contacted our always acutely well-informed friend and informant Lucy Spillerguts to see what she maybe knew about the situation. She told us—and we later confirmed with property records—that it does not appear Misters Janetti and Goreski have gone their separate ways and, in fact, they together purchased a multi-million dollar domicile last August in the upscale Westwood area of Los Angeles.

Just in case any of the children who don't dabble in the lesser wattage rungs of the Showbiz food chain don't already know let Your Mama quickly educate you on just who we're talking about. Mister Janetti is a four-time Emmy nominee who wrote for Will & Grace in the early to mid-2000s and currently writes and co-executive produces for (lackluster Academy Awards emcee) Seth McFarlane's wildly successful animated sitcom Family Guy.

Mister Goreski first popped up on the pop cultural landscape a few years back when he turned up on the boob-toob looking all clean cut, cute and bubbly in Tom Ford nerd glasses and a parade of designer duds on celebrity super-stylist Rachel Zoe's eponymous reality program (The Rachel Zoe Project). Itty bitty Miz Zoe and the nearly as slender Mister Goreski un-amicably parted ways in the fall of 2010 and—as far as Your Mama knows—still avoid each other with the same fervor that Your Mama avoids sobriety. Since Mister Goreski got out from under Miz Zoe's professional wing he's opened his own celebrity styling salon with clients like Rashida Jones, Maya Rudolph, Demi Moore and Swedish actress Noomi Rapace, written a breezy memoir laced with fashion advice, secured a lucrative and plum consulting gig with Kate Spade and—suprise!—stars in his own eponymous reality show called It's a Brad, Brad World, which, as it turns out, begins its second season on Bravo tonight.**

Property records reveal Misters Janetti and Goreski picked up the renovated residence in August (2012) for $2,333,500. A detached street level garage is about all that's visible from the street as the four bedroom and 3.5 bathroom house sits haughtily high on a knoll behind a concrete wall and a dense thicket of trees and foliage. A locked gate opens into an terraced courtyard bisected by a a limestone stairway that make a long and glutially arduous ascent to the front of the house.

Listing details we scrounged out of the internets shows the two-story faux-quoined vaguely Mediterranean villa was originally erected in 1933 but was recently subjected to a contemporizing transformation that defined itself on the exterior with and unexpectedly modern frameless glass loggia on the second floor that probably has a lovely over the tree tops view of the L.A. Country club but also looks like a damn department store window. Perhaps that feature was a pee-in-his-D Squared jeans-with-glee bonus for Mister Goreski who could surely whip up and install some spectacular holiday tableau up there.

High gloss ebony wood floors and gallery white walls make a high contrast graphic statement throughout the lower level living spaces of the 4,552 square foot residence that's entered through an inset and off-center center hall. The foyer and stair hall divides and organizes the main floor living spaces that include adjoining formal living and dining rooms, the former with a fireplace and both with direct access to sculpture and fountain dotted outdoor living areas and gardens. In addition to the adjoining living and dining rooms the house also has a family room/den with a vaulted ceiling and loft space accessed by an industrial looking steel and wire staircase that Your Mama would absolutely not want to navigate after a long, gluttonous afternoon of cheap candy and expensive gin.

A hulking carved wood buffet makes an important counter balance to the relative modernity—and banality—of the center island kitchen that's finished with chatoyant white cabinetry, sleek Euro-style stainless steel appliances and a center island cook top with circular hood. Of course, children, keep in mind listing photos show the house as it appeared at the time the Misters Janetti and Goreski purchased the property. They very well may have already made any number of minor and/or major alterations and improvements not to mention it's highly likely the non-celebrity sellers took the carved cabinet that Your Mama thinks is the only bit that gave the kitchen any stylistic intrigue or gravitas.

One of the two upstairs bedrooms that connect through to the aforementioned department store window like loggia appears to be the master bedroom that also includes a bedroom-sized bathroom/dressing room combination with an egg-shaped free-standing soaking tub that juts out at an cockamamie angle from one of the corners.

Back downstairs the L-shaped outdoor lounging and entertaining areas include a slate terrace with a built in dining banquette shaded by vine laden trellis. A few steps up a small, trough-like body of water (that does not appear to be a spa or a swimming pool) anchors one end of the yard. At the other end is a puny patch of grass and in between there's an open air flagstone terrace. Sorry boys, but for nearly 2.5 million bucks Your Mama wants a proper in-ground swimming pool and spa, preferably heated and salt water equipped.

Your Mama, who was not invited to their house warming, wonders if the Misters Goreski and Janetti brought their mid-century modern infused aesthetic to their new digs or if they veered of in a more colorful and decoratively decadent angle, like something, say, elegant but unusual and richly saturated in a Miles Redd-y sort of way or something even more madcap and cacophonously Kelly Wearstler-ish?*** Perhaps we'll get a glimpse of it tonight when—we refuse to be embarrassed to admit—Your Mama and the Dr. Cooter will likely be tuned in to Mister Goreski's frothily meranged slice of the reality t.v. pie.

House he sold:

Gary Janetti (and Brad Goreski) List Lake Hollywood House

SELLERS: Gary Janetti (and Brad Goreski)
PRICE: $1,950,000
SIZE: 2,893 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms

YOUR MAMAS NOTES: It's been a couple weeks ago now since sitcom writer/producer Gary Janetti put the very contemporary residence in Los Angeles, CA he owns and shares with celebrity stylist cum reality tee-vee star Brad Goreski on the market with an asking price of $1,950,000.

The often bow-tied and bespectacled Mister Goreski, reality tee-vee watchers well know, appeared for 3 or 4 seasons alongside his (then) boss and (former) b.f.f. Rachel Zoe on her eponymous reality program, The Rachel Zoe Project. For reasons we don't know (or care much) about Miz Zoe and Mister Goreski had an ugly parting of ways in 2009 or 2010 which led to fashion-obsessed Mister Goreski getting his own, also eponymous spin off show, It's a Brad Brad World.

Before Mister Janetti became known to the reality tee-vee program watching hoi polloi as Mister Goreski's sugar daddy—settle down girl, Your Mama just teasin' you—he earned four Emmy nominations as a writer and producer on the the super successful sitcom Will & Grace and the even more successful animated series franchise Family Guy. Property records we peeped indicate Mister Janetti laid out $1,200,000 when he acquired the low-slung modern in January 2001. This was, we calculate, not long before he met young Mister Goreski while on vacay in Greece. How gay is that, right?

Anyhoo, current listing information shows the single-story residence sits on just over a quarter acre in the morning shadow of the Hollywood sign in a discrete and discreet and not-exactly-easy-to-access neighborhood nestled into a bowl, shaped valley just above Lake Hollywood.

The glassy, California ranch-like residence was originally built in 1965, redesigned in 1996 by progressive architect Michael Maltzan—the same modern-minded fella responsible for Mike Ovitz's fairly recently completed 28,000 square foot über-contemporary residence in Beverly Hills, and more recently given a work-over by London-born, L.A.-based and very accomplished lady-decorator Antonia Hutt.

The warm but sleek and minimal-minded house, bisected by a sky lit center entrance with concrete floor, measures in at 2,893 square feet, according to listing information, and contains a total of 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

One of the 4 bedrooms, a tiny, cell-sized chamber with equally tiny and adjacent bathroom is tightly wedged between the front-facing two-car garage and wide, galley style eat-in kitchen just off the front entrance and expensively outfitted with custom, putty-colored cabinets and limestone counter tops described in Metropolitan Home as "rosy-hued."

Wide sliding panels slip into pockets between the kitchen and sky lit dining room that has wood floors, floor-to-ceiling built-in bookshelves and plenty of space to accommodate a dining table that comfortably sits 8 and a high-gloss, black baby grand piano. The living room next door has eggplant colored concrete floors—a bold decorative maneuver Your Mama bets works better than the description alone would suggest, a wood-burning fireplace and two long walls lined sliding glass doors that look out on and casually knit the indoor living spaces with the backyard living areas.

The bedroom wing includes a small, bookshelf-lined study that's open to the rest of the house and two guest/family bedrooms that share a hall bathroom. The Misters Janetti and Goreski use one of the bedrooms as a tee-vee watching lounge. A short, sky lit corridor leads away from the guest bedroom(s) and into the wood-paneled master suite at the back of the house with large (but hardly huge) walk-in closet and private pooper outfitted with a floating, two-sink vanity, stall shower and egg-shaped free-standing soaking but set directly under a room-wide sky light.

The flat backyard, where the couple hosted their 10th anniversary party taped for and seen on It's A Brad, Brad World, isn't very big really but was well-organized to include a small swimming pool set close to the house and ringed by several terraces for lounging, dining, and sunbathing and a few grassy patches where the pooches can tinkle and squat.

Other notable folks with homes in the Lake Hollywood area include Around The World in 80 Plates host and chef Curtis Stone and his baby momma, actress Lindsay Price (Eastwick, Lipstick Jungle). Musician (and oddball architecture blogger) Moby lives just above Lake Hollywood in a quirky castle like compound on the Beachwood Canyon side and man-cave entertainer Adam Corolla's mansion sits privately on a perch above Lake Hollywood on the Hollywood Knolls side.

Last year Mister Goreski and Mister Janetti allowed the house to be photographed for Paper Magazine. Naturally, several of the photos showed Mister Goreski's over-stuff closet where his extensive (and expensive) collection of footwear included at least three pair of spiked Christian Louboutin loafers and at least three pair of those nonsensical wing tip/espadrille/creeper hybrid creations by Prada. The Prada hybrid shoe in question, in case you don't know and could give a shallow, rat's ass about such things, retails for $1,100 on the Prada website but—west coast bargain hunters take note—we recently found them available in limited supply in downtown Beverly Hills for $940 per pair.

That's right, butter beans, a thousand damn bucks for a clunky-ass pair of clown shoes. Trust, chickens, Your Mama knows of what we speak because not long ago, with our uncharacteristically sober b.f.f. Fiona Trambeau in tow, we stopped into the Prada shop on Rodeo Drive and tried on a pair of these Frankensteinian shoes and determined they are, bizarre as they are, the absolute bees knees or the king's sneakers or whatever. Alas, they are not in our current budget. Hello! We'd love it, of course, if Prada decided to ship us a complimentary pair (size 43, thank you), be we sorta doubt they're much concerned about our (unpaid and unsolicited) endorsement of their funky, chunky and wildly costly shoes.

Anyhoo, can y'all tell we're drunk on sunshine and gin?

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down