George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert

+16
cindigirl
m4rose
The next mrs clooney
laetval
lelacorb
lovelylois
barla
it's me
party animal - not!
melbert
LornaDoone
EEOsandy
Katiedot
Maggy
Joanna
silly girl
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert Empty George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert

Post by silly girl Thu 04 Oct 2012, 20:55

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert
Published: Thu, October 04, 2012, 12:19 PM

George Clooney has been added to the bill of President Obama's concert fundraiser on Sunday at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater.

The campaign said that he would deliver remarks at the event, with other speakers including San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, and featuring performances from Jon Bon Jovi, Earth, Wind and Fire, Jennifer Hudson, Katy Perry and Stevie Wonder.

Obama also is attending a fundraising concert on Monday night in San Francisco, with John Legend and Michael Frati scheduled to perform.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Visit Variety.com to become a Variety subscriber.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert Empty Re: George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Oct 2012, 21:43

PRESIDENT OBAMA mentions George in interview,
around August

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert Empty Re: George Clooney to Speak at Obama's L.A. Concert

Post by Maggy Thu 04 Oct 2012, 22:08

Thanks, Jo. Nice vid.

I hope things look up for President Obama. He seems like a real nice person.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 05 Oct 2012, 05:37

Oh wow, that's so cool. I'm always happy to see him out and about in public.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Obama to speak at star-studded L.A. fundraisers Sunday

By City News Service, on October 7, 2012, at 12:43 am

By STEVEN HERBERT

President Barack Obama is scheduled to speak at three campaign fundraisers in the Los Angeles area Sunday, joined by former President Bill Clinton and actor George Clooney.

President Obama (File: AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

Obama is scheduled to arrive at Los Angeles International Airport aboard Air Force One from Joint Base Andrews early Sunday afternoon, then join Clinton in speaking to 12 attendees at a Westside fundraiser, according to a campaign official who asked not be identified.

Obama and Clooney will speak at a “30 Days to Victory” concert at the Nokia Theatre at the L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles, where Jon Bon Jovi, Earth, Wind and Fire, Jennifer Hudson, Katy Perry and Stevie Wonder are scheduled to perform.

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and San Antonio, Texas Mayor Julian Castro, the keynote speaker at the Democratic National Convention, also are scheduled to speak.

Approximately 6,000 people are expected to attend. Ticket prices range from $44 to $2,500.

Following the concert, Obama will speak to approximately 150 guests at a $25,000 per person fundraising dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck on the 24th floor of the Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles at L.A. Live.

The trip will be Obama’s 12th to the Los Angeles area since taking office, the ninth solely for political fundraising. He has spoken at political
fundraisers during all but his first visit to Southern California as president. Obama’s Republican opponent, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, is scheduled to campaign in Florida Sunday.

Obama’s trip to Southern California comes two days after the release of statistics showing the lowest jobless rate since January 2009, the month he took office.

Alan B. Kreuger, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, called the drop in the unemployment rate from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September “further evidence that the U.S. economy is continuing to heal from the wounds inflicted by the worst downturn since the Great Depression.”

Romney said “we created fewer jobs in September than August and fewer jobs in August than July.”

“If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labor force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11 percent,” Romney said.

Obama will leave Los Angeles Monday morning, bound for Keene in Kern County, where he will announce the establishment of the Cesar E. Chavez National Monument.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:50

Oh crap - traffic is going to be a nightmare in Los Angeles today!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 07 Oct 2012, 16:56

Good day to stay at home Lorna!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 07 Oct 2012, 17:58

This from the Hollywood Reporter...which says GC is introducing Stevie Wonder....I am not copying the whole thing just the quote about him:

The cloud of anxious fallout from Denver has all but overshadowed what otherwise would be considered a particularly glittering and gala L.A. appearance for Obama. His Sunday evening will kick off with a concert at downtown L.A.’s Nokia Theater featuring Katy Perry, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Earth Wind and Fire, and Jon Bon Jovi. Presidential pal Clooney will make a special appearance to introduce Wonder. Afterward, Obama will head next door for a $25,000-per-plate dinner at Wolfgang Puck’s chic WP24. Both events were sold out before the debate. The two events could easily raise more than $5 million for the president's reelection campaign.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 07 Oct 2012, 18:54

Ah, the same chef as the Clooney/Katzenburg bash. And Spago is a Puck restaurant too.

Must be exceptional. Anyone been?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 07 Oct 2012, 20:21

so G wont sing?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sun 07 Oct 2012, 20:38

George and Stacy on Corvette going to Obama LA Concert....Could it happen?
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 07 Oct 2012, 21:04

hope no
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:19

melbert wrote:Good day to stay at home Lorna!

HA mel - exactly what I did! Took a long nap too!

Hope the fundraiser goes well. I did read that President Obama's campaign took in 181 million in the month of September.

Well, at least he and Romney are helping to keep media companies in business!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:34

Yeah, and just imagine how many mouths that would feed, how many immunizations that would provide, how many breast and prostate exams could be done for early detection, how many home mortgages could be rescued. I haven't looked up to find how much total money has been raised by each candidate, but it makes me sick as hell that all this money can be raised to "put the right man in" and our nation is in such a poor state. *hanging head*
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:37

From Twitter

Emmanuelle Chriqui ‏@echriqui
And now George Clooney is speaking...love this!!!!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

6m Hayley Emerson ‏@hayley_emerson
George Clooney!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite

37m Sy Smith ‏@Syberspace
Met George Clooney today, I was inadvertently crashing his green rm at Nokia Theater. He was cool though, even hummed along w/ me for a sec!

2h Mike C. Manning ‏@MikeCManning
Photo: The line for the Bon Jovi/George Clooney #Obama fundraiser is literally 2,000 people long. Time to... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3h jennifer bendery ‏@jbendery
Obama fundraiser tonight includes Bon Jovi, Earth Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry, Jennifer Hudson. George Clooney also speaking.

Last edited by lovelylois on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:38; edited 1 time in total

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:37

Ok he is apparently just speaking or has been speaking. Lots of people taking photos and posting on Twitter. Here is one tweet:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Oct 2012, 01:41

looks more than just introducing Stevie Wonder. Thanks Lovely and Silly!!!!!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Oct 2012, 06:32

Thanks to Henway for finding these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 08 Oct 2012, 07:21

really nice pics
thanks

great shape
to me Very Happy

Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 08 Oct 2012, 07:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 08 Oct 2012, 08:02

By George, what a show! Clooney and Stacy Keibler look politically polished for Obama fundraiser in LA
By AMELIA PROUD
PUBLISHED: 06:12 GMT, 8 October 2012 | UPDATED: 06:25 GMT, 8 October 2012
Comments (0)

He's the unofficial president of Hollywood, and many believe a future politician in the making.
And George Clooney, 51, looked the part for tonight's high profile fundraiser for President Barack Obama held at the Nokia theatre in LA.

The President of Hollywood: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler arrived at tonight's Obama fundraiser at the Nokia theatre in LA with smiles on their faces
He was joined by his girlfriend Stacy Keibler, 32, who was stunning in a fitted turquoise blue dress paired with nude Louboutins, very much in the vein of a politician's wife.
The pair have laughed off a split story in recent weeks to emerge stronger than ever, and if Clooney does have any intention of running for office, he has surely found his ideal partner.
He and all american Keibler have been entertaining George's friends in the political media sphere over the summer at his getaway on the banks of Italy's Lake Como.
They certainly make a great team.

Sharing a joke: The couple walked in with Jon Bon Jovi, and all three enjoyed a laugh

She's got the look: Stacy would make an excellent First Lady, and already dresses the part
Keibler clapped heartily when Clooney appeared on stage, he was joined by Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry and Earth Wind and Fire.
The President remarked that they all always perform 'flawlessly' before adding 'I can’t always say the same' in a reference to his disappointing debate form with Republican Mitt Romney, as the crowd roared.
Before Obama arrived at the theatre, Stevie Wonder led the crowd in chants of Barack the Vote and sang a rendition of his hit Superstition but changed part of the lyrics to Barack Obama for Four More Years.

Legend: Stevie Wonder arrives ahead of his performance tonight

Purple reign: Jennifer Hudson and her son David also attended the evening's festivities

Hello, California! President Barack Obama waves after arriving in LA today
Clooney made a very L.A.-style case for Mr. Obama getting elected to another term.
'Four years ago the stock market was half what it is today, Osama bin Laden was still alive and ‘Beverly Hills Chihuahua’ was the top-grossing movie at the box office,' he said.
'And you want to tell me that we aren’t better off today than we were four years ago?'

MOST READ NEWS

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 08 Oct 2012, 08:57

Remarks by the President at a Campaign Event

Nokia Theater

Los Angeles, California

6:20 P.M. PDT

THE PRESIDENT: Hello, L.A.! (Applause.) Are you fired up?

AUDIENCE: Fired up!

THE PRESIDENT: Are you ready to go?

AUDIENCE: Ready to go!

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you! Thank you, L.A.! (Applause.) Thank you so much, everybody. Everybody, thank you. (Applause.) Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you. (Applause.)

AUDIENCE: Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you so much. Thank you, everybody. Everybody, have a seat. Have a seat. Now, first of all, I've got some thank-yous to make. I am so grateful to George Clooney. Give it up for George. (Applause.) Jennifer Hudson. (Applause.) Old school -- Earth, Wind and Fire. (Applause.) Jon Bon Jovi. (Applause.) New school -- Katy Perry. (Applause.) Stevie Wonder. (Applause.) And I understand Katy had some choirs out, so give it up for the choirs. (Applause.)

I want to thank the members of Congress who came today, and I also want to thank two of our country's outstanding mayors -- Julian Castro, and your very own Antonio Villaraigosa. (Applause.)

Now, I've got to admit that even though my staff all came over early to get the show, I got left behind. (Laughter.) But my understanding is it was an incredible show. (Applause.) These guys -- and everybody here are just incredible professionals. They're such great friends, and they just perform flawlessly night after night. I can't always say the same. (Laughter and applause.) But here's the good news, is we've got a better vision for our country. We have a better plan for the next four years. (Applause.) And that's why we're here tonight.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Love you!

THE PRESIDENT: Love you back. (Applause.)

We've got some work to do. We've got an election to win. Everything we fought for in 2008 is on the line here in 2012. And I need your help to finish what we started. I need your help. (Applause.)

Four years ago, I told you I'd end the war in Iraq, and we did. (Applause.) I said I'd end the war in Afghanistan -- we are. (Applause.) I said we'd focus on the people who actually attacked us on 9/11, and today Osama bin Laden is no more. (Applause.)

Four years ago, I promised to cut taxes for middle-class families, and we have, by $3,600. (Applause.) I promised to cut taxes for small business owners, and we have, 18 times. (Applause.)

We got every dime back that was used to rescue the banks. We passed a law to end taxpayer-funded Wall Street bailouts for good. We passed health care reform -- also known as Obamacare -- because I do care about the American people. (Applause.) So your insurance companies can't jerk you around anymore, or tell you that being a women is somehow a preexisting condition. (Applause.)

We repealed "don't ask, don't tell" so no outstanding soldier is ever kicked out of the military because of who they love. (Applause.)

When Governor Romney tried to give us his business advice about the economy and said that we should "let Detroit go bankrupt," we said, no, thanks, we're not going to take that advice. We reinvented a dying auto industry that's back on top of the world. (Applause.)

So three years ago, four years after that campaign that you were watching on that video, after the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes, our businesses have now created more than 5 million jobs.

(Applause.) On Friday, we found out the unemployment rate has fallen from the height of 10 percent down to 7.8 percent -- (applause) -- the lowest since I took office. Manufacturing is coming back to America. Home values are on the rise.

Now, we’re not there yet. We’ve still got too many Americans looking for work, too many families who can’t pay the bills, too many homes underwater, too many young people graduating with too much debt. (Applause.) But if there’s one thing I know, we’ve come a long way and we’ve come too far to turn back now. (Applause.)

The last thing we can afford right now is four years of the very same policies that led us to this crisis in the first place. I cannot allow that to happen. I will not let it happen. That’s why I am running for a second term for President of the United States, and that’s why I need your help. (Applause.)

I have seen too much pain and too much struggle to let this country go through another round of top-down economics. One of the main reasons we had this crisis in the first place is because we had big banks on Wall Street that were allowed to make big bets with other people’s money on the line. And now, Governor Romney wants to roll back the rules so we go back to that behavior? Not if I have anything to say about it.

One of the main reasons we went from record surpluses under Bill Clinton to record deficits under George Bush is because we put two wars and two tax cuts on a credit card. And now, Governor Romney wants another $5 trillion in tax cuts that he can’t pay for? Not if I’ve got anything to say about it. (Applause.)

Obviously, the Governor knows his $5 trillion isn’t too popular, so a few weeks before this election he’s trying to pretend it doesn’t exist, because that’s a lot easier than trying to explain how he’d pay for it without asking middle-class families to pick up the tab. The other night he ruled out asking millionaires and billionaires to pay even a dime more in taxes to help us bring down our deficit. Not a dime. When he was asked what he’d actually do to cut spending, he said he’d go after public television. So for all you moms and kids out there, don’t worry, somebody is finally cracking down on Big Bird -- cracking down on him. (Laughter.) Elmo has made a run for the border.

Governor Romney plans to let Wall Street run wild again, but he’s bringing the hammer down on Sesame Street. (Laughter.)

L.A., we can’t afford another round of tax cuts for folks who don’t need them. We can’t afford to gut our investments in education or clean energy or research and technology. We can’t afford to roll back regulations not just on Wall Street, but on oil companies and insurance companies. That’s not a jobs plan. That’s not a plan to grow our economy. That’s not change. It’s a relapse. We’ve been there. We have tried that. We’re not going back. (Applause.) We are moving forward. That’s why I’m running again. That’s why I need your help. (Applause.)

See, we’ve got a different view about how we create jobs and prosperity in America. This country doesn’t succeed when only the top are doing well. We succeed when the middle class is getting bigger, and people have ladders of opportunity to live out their dreams. Our economy doesn’t grow from the top down. It grows from the middle out and the bottom up. We don’t believe that anybody is entitled to success in this country. But we do believe in something called opportunity. (Applause.)

We believe in a country where hard work pays off and responsibility is rewarded, and everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody is doing their fair share and everybody is playing by the same rules. That’s the country that I believe in. That’s the country you believe in. (Applause.) That’s what I’ve been fighting for, for the last four years. That’s why I’m running for a second term. We’ve got a lot more work to do to make sure that everybody is taking part. (Applause.)

So here's what we need to do. We’ve got a lot more to do. I think it’s time to change our tax code so we’re not rewarding jobs -- companies that are shipping jobs overseas. (Applause.)

I want to reward small businesses and manufacturers who make products that are stamped with three proud words: Made in America. (Applause.)

I want us to control our own energy here in America. After 30 years of inaction, we raised fuel standards so by the middle of the next decade, your cars and trucks will go twice as far on a gallon of gas -- and that means something here in Los Angeles. (Applause.)

Today, the United States of America is less dependent on foreign oil than any time in the last two decades. (Applause.) So now it’s time to move forward. My plan would cut our oil import in half, by investing in the clean energy that’s creating thousands of jobs all across America right now -- not just oil and natural gas, but wind power and solar and fuel-efficient cars and long-lasting batteries. And unlike my opponent, I’m not going to allow oil companies to collect another $4 billion in taxpayer-funded corporate welfare. (Applause.) We’re not going to let China win the race for clean energy technology. I want that technology developed right here in the United States, creating jobs right here in the United States, helping our environment right here in the United States. That’s what we’re fighting for. (Applause.)

I want us to have the best education system in the world, make sure that Americans from every walk of life are getting the chance they need to get the skills they need to succeed. I would not be standing here if it weren’t for an education that I couldn’t necessarily afford on my own. (Applause.) It was the gateway of opportunity for me, for Michelle, for so many of you. And now you’ve got a choice. We could gut education to pay for Governor Romney’ $5 trillion tax break.

AUDIENCE: Booo --

THE PRESIDENT: Don’t boo -- vote. (Applause.)

Or we can recruit 100,000 new math and science teachers; improve our early-childhood education system; provide job training for 2 million workers at our community colleges; work with colleges and universities to cut the growth of tuition costs. We can meet those goals. We can make sure that every young person here in Los Angeles, here in California, here in the United States of America, no matter what they look like, no matter where they come from, if they’re willing to work hard, they can succeed, too. That’s our goal. That’s what we’re fighting for. (Applause.)

We'd use the money we’re saving from ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to pay down our deficit, but also to put people back to work -- rebuilding roads and bridges and schools all across America. And every brave American who wears the uniform of this country should know that as long as I am Commander-in-Chief, we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known. And when our troops take off their uniform, we will serve them as well as they’ve served us -- because nobody who has fought for this country should have to fight for a job or a roof over their heads when they come home. Let’s not just talk about honoring our veterans; let’s put our money where our mouth is. That’s why I’m running for a second term. (Applause.)

Fifth, we need to cut the deficit, but we’ve got to do it in an intelligent way. I’ve proposed cutting it by $4 trillion over the next 10 years, and I’ve already worked with Republicans to cut a trillion dollars of spending. But we can’t get this done unless we also look at the other side of the ledger. We don’t cut our way to prosperity. We’ve got to ask the wealthiest among us to pay higher taxes on incomes over $250,000, which is the same rate we had when Bill Clinton was President -- our economy created nearly 23 million new jobs, the biggest surplus in history, and a lot of millionaires did well, too -- because when we give tax breaks to middle-income folks, to lower-income folks, they spend it. They need to, to pay the bills, which means businesses end up with more customers, they make more profits, and that means they hire more workers.

Governor Romney said it’s fair that he pays a lower tax rate than a teacher or an auto worker that makes $50,000. I think he’s wrong.

AUDIENCE: Booo --

THE PRESIDENT: Don’t boo -- vote. (Applause.)

I refuse to ask middle-class families to give up their deductions for owning a home or raising their kids just to pay for another millionaire’s tax cut. (Applause.) I refuse to ask students to pay more for college, or kick children out of Head Start programs, or eliminate health insurance for millions of Americans who are poor or elderly or disabled just to pay for tax cuts we can’t afford. And that’s the choice that we face in this election. That’s what this election comes down to.

Over and over again, we’re told that since government can’t do everything, it should do almost nothing. If you can’t afford health insurance, hope you don't get sick. If a company releases pollution into the air your children breathe, well, that's the price of progress. If you can’t afford to start a business or go to college, just borrow money from your parents. (Laughter.)

That's not who we are. That's not what this country is about. Here in America, we believe in individual initiative and self-reliance, but we also believe there are some things we do together. We understand America is not just about what can be done for us. It’s about what can be done by us, together, as one nation, as one people. (Applause.) You understood that in 2008. It’s true even more so now in 2012.

Because of you, we’ve made progress. You’re the reason there's a little girl with a heart disorder in Phoenix who gets the surgery she needs because insurance companies can’t limit her coverage. (Applause.) You’re the reason a factory worker who lost his job in Toledo is back on the line building the best cars in the world. You’re the reason a student here in L.A. has help paying for her college. (Applause.) The reason a veteran can go to college on the New G.I. bill.

You’re the reason a young immigrant who grew up here and went to school here and pledged allegiance to our flag will no longer be deported from the only country she’s ever called home. (Applause.) You’re the reason that an outstanding soldier won’t be kicked out of the military because of who they are or who they love. You’re the reason why thousands of families have finally been able to say to loved ones who served us so bravely: "Welcome home." (Applause.) You’re the reason.

And if you turn back now, if you buy into the cynicism that everything that we fought for somehow isn’t possible, then of course change won’t happen. If you give up on the idea that your voice can make a difference, then other voices will fill the void -- the lobbyists and the special interests, and the folks who are writing $10 million checks to beat me, and folks who are trying to keep making it harder for you to vote, the politicians in Washington who want to control the health care choices that women are perfectly capable of making themselves. (Applause.)

You’ve got to make sure that your voice is heard. Only you can make sure that those things don't happen. Only you’ve got the power to move us forward.

I’ve always said -- I said this back in 2008 -- that change, real change, takes time. It takes more than one term or one President. It takes more than one party. (Applause.) It can’t happen if you write off half the nation before you even take office. (Applause.)

Back in 2008 -- everybody always remembers the victory, but they don't always remember the bumps in the road. Things always look good in retrospect. But in the middle of it, we were -- we made all kinds of mistakes. We goofed up. I goofed up. But the American people carried us forward. (Applause.) And even with all the things we had going for us -- all the way that things just kind of converged, 47 percent of the country still didn’t vote for me. (Laughter.) I just want to point that out. (Laughter.)

But on the night of the election, I said to all those Americans, I may not have your vote, but I hear your voices. I need your help. I’ll be your President, too. (Applause.) And I don't know how many will vote for me this time, but I want you to know I’ll be there for you no matter what. (Applause.) I’ll be fighting just as hard for you as I am for somebody who did vote for me -- because I’m not fighting to create Republican jobs or Democratic jobs; I’m fighting to create American jobs. (Applause.) I’m not fighting to improve schools in red states or blue states; I’m fighting to improve schools in the United States.

The values we believe in don’t belong to any one group or one party -- they’re not black or white, or Asian or Latino or Native American, gay, straight, abled, disabled -- they are American values; they belong to all of us. (Applause.)

And I still believe we’re not as divided as our politics suggest. (Applause.) I still believe we’ve got more in common than the pundits tell us. And most of all, I still believe in you. (Applause.) I still believe in you, and I am asking you to keep on believing in me. (Applause.) I am asking you for your vote. I am asking you to get out there and work.

If you are willing to stand with me, if you’re willing to work with me, if you’re willing to knock on some doors with me and make some phone calls with me -- (applause) -- if you’re willing to email and tweet, and call your friends and call your neighbors, talk to your cousins, talk to grandma and grandpa -- if you will do that, we will finish what we started in 2008. (Applause.) We will win this election. And we’ll remind the world why the United States of America is the greatest nation on Earth. (Applause.)

Thank you, California. God bless you and God bless the United States of America. (Applause.)
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:00

Good table!

Attendees seated at about a dozen round tables, 10 people per table, were finishing plates of dim sum as pool arrived in the dimly-lit room, with views outside blocked by dark curtains. Bold faced names spotted by poolers: George Clooney, newly-minted Oscars host Seth, and Harvey Weinstein — all at the same table closest to where POTUS spoke
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 08 Oct 2012, 13:23

Extract

UPDATE: President Obama Thanks Katzenbergs For “Tireless” Support; Weinstein, MacFarlane & Clooney Also At Donor Dinner After LA Concert

2ND UPDATE, 9:37 PM: President Obama tonight thanked Jeffrey and Marilyn Katzenberg for “being tireless and stalwart and have never wavered through good times and bad since my first presidential race, back when a lot of people still couldn’t pronounce my name.” Obama’s remarks about the DreamWorks Animation CEO and his wife came during the $25,000-a-ticket dinner for 150 donors at Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant at the Ritz-Carlton in downtown LA. Harvey Weinstein, newly named Oscar host Seth MacFarlane and George Clooney, who gave some shout-outs from the audience, were also there, according to the White House pool report. Clooney also spoke today at the 30 Days Until Victory concert at the Nokia Theatre at LA Live. Read the edited and condensed pool report from the dinner plus excerpts of the president’s remarks from the White House Press Office here:

W.H. Pool Report - Shortly after 8pm pool went through the lobby to an elevator at the adjoining Ritz Carlton and to the 24th floor, arriving at the aptly named WP24. Attendees seated at about a dozen round tables, 10 people per table, were finishing plates of dim sum as pool arrived in the dimly-lit room, with views outside blocked by dark curtains. Bold faced names spotted by poolers: George Clooney, newly-minted Oscars host Seth, and Harvey Weinstein — all at the same table closest to where POTUS spoke. POTUS entered the room at 8:25pm, along with Mayor Julian Castro, who made a brief introduction.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, everybody. Thank you. (Applause.) Thank you so much. Everybody, please have a seat. First of all, you just heard from the future of the Democratic Party — the great Mayor of San Antonio, Julian Castro. (Applause.) We’re so proud of him.

There are so many people I could thank tonight, so I’m just going to focus on three individuals. First of all, my unbelievable Southern California co-chairs — John Emerson and Ken Solomon. Please give them a big round of applause. (Applause.) They have been tireless in their efforts. They have been unbelievable.

The other person that I want to acknowledge in particular — because I said this to them privately, I’ve got to say it publicly — Jeffrey and Marilyn Katzenberg have been — (applause) — they have been tireless and stalwart and have never wavered through good times and bad since my first presidential race, back when a lot of people still couldn’t pronounce my name. (Laughter.) And I will always be grateful to them for just the incredible support that they’ve given. So thank you very much. (Applause.) Thanks, both of you.

Some of you are aware that — well, all of you are aware that Michelle and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary. (Applause.) And the actual anniversary date was not that romantic. (Laughter.) There was some speculation as to whether this had an impact on my performance. (Laughter.) But I did make it up to her on Saturday. We went out to dinner, a date night. And it was a wonderful evening. It was a private room, because people kind of lean over and start listening if we’re in the booth next to them. (Laughter.) And Secret Service gets nervous. (Laughter.)

And we had this wonderful young waiter, and he brought us all our stuff, and he was patient with us as we were dawdling over the menu. And we were milking it for all it was worth because we don’t get out that often. But at the end of the dinner — it was very professional, very unobtrusive — but at the end of the dinner he just said, I wanted to just say how much I appreciate you because you saved my mother’s life — because my mother had a stroke, she wasn’t yet qualifying for Medicare, and because of the Affordable Care Act, we were able to get her coverage that allows her to take her medicines and is keeping her alive. And it reminded me of why we do this. I am a fairly competitive guy. Clooney has played basketball with me. (Laughter.) And I don’t like to lose — especially not to actors. (Laughter.)

MR. CLOONEY: We were on the same team. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: We were on the same team. I put him on the team — and we did win.

MR. CLOONEY: That’s right, we did.

THE PRESIDENT: And so sometimes during the course of campaigns, we get caught up in the sport of politics, and the ups and the downs, and doing the this and the that, and how much money did we raise and how many doors have we knocked on. And all that’s important, but it is in service of that waiter, Anthony’s mom….

W.H. Pool Report – After the remarks concluded pool immediately ushered out and to the vans. Motorcade was rolling out of downtown at 8:45pm.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 14:26

[quote="lelacorb"]By George, what a show! Clooney and Stacy Keibler look politically polished for Obama fundraiser in LA
By AMELIA PROUD
Comments (0)

She's got the look: Stacy would make an excellent First Lady, and already dresses the part
Keibler clapped heartily when Clooney appeared on stage, he was joined by Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry and Earth Wind and Fire.

"Stacy would make an excellent First Lady."

I've never called Stacy names and have held back on speaking my mind about her on here out of respect for those who obviously like her. However, the fact that in a little over a year, someone with her background can be spun into someone who is now viewed by some to make an "excellent First Lady" just put a knot in my stomach. In addition, articles are now calling her "George Clooney's partner," and some referencing him as "Stacy Keibler's man." To answer Bidbod's thread, I think she has upped her game- looks like game-set-and almost match. Some have said George will always call the shots - does it REALLY look like he is calling the shots right now? [That was a retorical question.]
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Oct 2012, 15:02

Journalistic hyperbole, but does it matter? This is what he wants..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 08 Oct 2012, 15:05

I think its an insult to the position of first lady to say that Stacy would make a good first lady. No wonder this country is going to the dogs when people perceive a woman like this should be in that position.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Mon 08 Oct 2012, 15:28

[quote="EEOsandy"]
lelacorb wrote:By George, what a show! Clooney and Stacy Keibler look politically polished for Obama fundraiser in LA
By AMELIA PROUD
Comments (0)

"Stacy would make an excellent First Lady."

I've never called Stacy names and have held back on speaking my mind about her on here out of respect for those who obviously like her. However, the fact that in a little over a year, someone with her background can be spun into someone who is now viewed by some to make an "excellent First Lady" just put a knot in my stomach. In addition, articles are now calling her "George Clooney's partner," and some referencing him as "Stacy Keibler's man." To answer Bidbod's thread, I think she has upped her game- looks like game-set-and almost match. Some have said George will always call the shots - does it REALLY look like he is calling the shots right now? [That was a retorical question.]

I kinda threw-up in my mouth a little when I read that. I love GC but if Stacy became First Lady I would have to move to Canada.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Oct 2012, 15:36

lelacorb wrote:
The President of Hollywood: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler arrived at tonight's Obama fundraiser at the Nokia theatre in LA with smiles on their faces
He was joined by his girlfriend Stacy Keibler, 32, who was stunning in a fitted turquoise blue dress paired with nude Louboutins, very much in the vein of a politician's wife.

Unless I'm missing something here I don't see any insinuation as to Stacy being acceptable as the First Lady. Her dress IMO was appropriate for the occasion and in good taste.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 15:47

Cindi - this is the First Lady excerpt.

She's got the look: Stacy would make an excellent First Lady, and already dresses the part Keibler clapped heartily when Clooney appeared on stage, he was joined by Stevie Wonder, Katy Perry and Earth Wind and Fire.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Oct 2012, 16:56

Isn't that just a journalist spouting off, as they do ?

Can there be any blame attached to either George or Stacy
for what journalists write on such occasions ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Oct 2012, 17:17

Laetval!! Thanks so very much for posting the transcripts! George looked top of his game! I like Stacy's dress (color and style), but it might be just a tad too tight. She is looking MUCH smaller here. How much weight has she lost. Soon she'll be smaller than George. Her hair looks nice. And Jon BonJovi AND George in the same pic???? I'm in heaven!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:06

melbert wrote:Laetval!! Thanks so very much for posting the transcripts! George looked top of his game! I like Stacy's dress (color and style), but it might be just a tad too tight. She is looking MUCH smaller here. How much weight has she lost. Soon she'll be smaller than George. Her hair looks nice. And Jon BonJovi AND George in the same pic???? I'm in heaven!!!

I agree. I don't think I have ever seen a politicians wife wear a dress that tight or heels that high.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:13

I thought it looked a bit Kate Middleton............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:16

So I think she was always going to go....turns out it is a Vera Wang dress. I like the dress---simple and light.

Last edited by silly girl on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add proof)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:17

I do not know why but I think she was not there .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:36

fava wrote:
melbert wrote:Laetval!! Thanks so very much for posting the transcripts! George looked top of his game! I like Stacy's dress (color and style), but it might be just a tad too tight. She is looking MUCH smaller here. How much weight has she lost. Soon she'll be smaller than George. Her hair looks nice. And Jon BonJovi AND George in the same pic???? I'm in heaven!!!

I agree. I don't think I have ever seen a politicians wife wear a dress that tight or heels that high.

Besides the skin tight dress and sky high heels - George has always said that he couldn't run for Pres because he has been with too many women, done too many drugs, and been to too many parties. If he did run for Pres and had Stacy as a potential First Lady, the other party would definitely have a field day with them. She might be dressed up in Vera Wang and Louboutins now, but the Republicans would drag out every WWE, spring break party, etc. video they could find - and throw in her appearances at liquor events just for good measure.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:46

I think so too.

What if she were to change her name lol!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:53

Maggy wrote:I think so too.

What if she were to change her name lol!

Unfortunately, she can change her name to Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (aka Mother Teresa) and those videos (with her face and body) will still be on the internet.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Oct 2012, 18:56

Maggy wrote:What if she were to change her name lol!

They would track her down like a rabid dog. In this world a man could get away with it (for example Kennedy, Clinton) but a woman isn't allowed any indiscretions. Sad
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:05

Kennedy and Clinton didn't get away with it.

We know about THEM.

Or at least some of them Laughing
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:16

The word did get out about Kennedy and Clinton. At least they were smart enough not to have their bad behavior captured in a photo or video. A very smart college professor once told me to do what you want, but make sure you are not video-taped or photographed with so much as an alcholic beverage in your hand. To this day, I have followed that good advice.

Regarding Kennedy, I think if the truth about his trists were public when he was in office, he would most likely have been impeached. Things have changed and morals have loosened considerably since then. Good thing? I don't think so.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:26

I don't think so either. One thing is to live and let live and another to...

(I'll stop there since I already said no more politics talk from me)
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:27

With George as President: Krista as Secretary of State; Elisabetta as Secretary of Foreign Affairs; Sarah as Secretary of the Food and Drug Administration...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:35

HAHAHA, another 'Idiocracy' lol!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:38

melbert wrote:With George as President: Krista as Secretary of State; Elisabetta as Secretary of Foreign Affairs; Sarah as Secretary of the Food and Drug Administration...

Now there's a "dream team." Twisted Evil
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:41

or nightmare for George!! But, Stacy as First Lady, would keep them all in line!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:44

Or in a head-lock or floor Laughing
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:49

Arrivals : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by laetval on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next