George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he?

+16
melbert
cindigirl
Stellita
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
it's me
Maggy
beeh!
fluffy
doux-lapin
fava
lucy
EEOsandy
Lakin460
Katiedot
20 posters

Go down

George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? Empty George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he?

Post by Katiedot Tue 07 Aug 2012, 14:09

A conversation on another thread made me wonder about George and plastic surgery. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been under the knife (yet), jokes about ball lifts and eye surgery notwithstanding.

My questions are, do you think he's had anything done and do you think he will (or even should) get surgery in the future?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? Empty Re: George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he?

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 14:12

I don't think he has and I don't think he will. Based on past references on Inside the Actor's Studio and the Oscar interview with Julia Roberts a few years back, he seems pretty adamant that once you start to do that it just makes you look weird and unnatural. I think he's aware that he's aging gracefully and his long range career plans suggest he plans to be behind the camera, so his looks aren't an issue in his mind. At least that's my take on it.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he? Empty Re: George Clooney and plastic surgery: did he? should he? will he?

Post by EEOsandy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 14:26

This video about stars who have had plastic surgery includes George at about mark .25. Not because of this video, but I think he has had plastic surgery. A couple of years ago I noticed he was getting a slight turkey neck, but it seems very taunt lately and he seems to have less wrinkles. He is also currently thinner than I have ever seen him and at age 50+ this weight loss would absolutely show up on your face.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 14:30

I would like to think he isn't that vain. The business he's in so much is based on looks, that it must be hard to age naturally. But there has been a lot of awareness of late on people over doing and the end results not so attractive. Hope he goes the Clint Eastwood, Robert Redford way, and just age naturally. Don't think he's done anything yet, besides cosmetic dentistry.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 14:46

Clint Eastwood hasn't had plastic surgery, but Robert Redford did last year. He caught a lot of criticism for it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 14:51

Thanks for that info about RR EEOsandy, you hardly ever see him any more, if he finally had something done at his age and where he's at in his career, he probably did it for himself, not for Hollywood.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 15:03

RR has always been a favorite of mine. I think if someone wants a facelift, go for it as long as it's for the right reasons. What I ABSOLUTELY HATE are these people (mostly females) who are late 40s+ who insist they have had no plastic surgery or facial enhancements. Worse yet, are the ones who schill certain face products and suggest those products are why they look so young. I think Jane Fonda looks wonderful after her facelift and I respect the fact that she admitted to having one.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 07 Aug 2012, 15:11

I used to think he wouldn't, but having his teeth redone made me wonder.....

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by doux-lapin Tue 07 Aug 2012, 15:17

lucy wrote:I would like to think he isn't that vain.

Well this is George Clooney we're talking about. I think it's pretty difficult to be him and NOT be at least a little bit vain. I don't see a problem with plastic surgery if it's something as small as making his neck look different or reducing wrinkles. As long as he doesn't actually change a part of his face (i.e nose/mouth) I really don't mind! Either way it's his choice~ (I understand the different opinions on plastic surgery though, since it's such a controversial subject)
doux-lapin
doux-lapin
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 16:57

Hi 2 bunnies!! Welcome! I agree with you, but with George forever being the fool, can we ever be sure??? They say that the ear lobes go when you've had a face lift, where they pull the skin back over the ears, harder to make the join! But seeing as Gee has very short hair most of the time, we'll know!!!! He's fine just the way he is! Love2
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by beeh! Tue 07 Aug 2012, 17:13

I don't believe GTC had any surgery nor he is planning for, like Lakin mentioned.
He definitely visited a dentist years ago, got them a bit too white but still looking natural.
Regarding his current skinny look - maybe he's preparing for the next role?
beeh!
beeh!
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by doux-lapin Tue 07 Aug 2012, 17:16

I love that idea beeh! Although I've only heard news of him directing, theres always hope Smile
Everyone else seems to not like his skinny look, although its not my favorite, he still looks really handsome! It may just be me though haha
doux-lapin
doux-lapin
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 20:02

I hope George doesn't plan on having major work done because I think he looks just PERFECT. cheers
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Aug 2012, 22:14

no
not yet

Wink
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 08 Aug 2012, 02:20

I agree with EEOsandy. Saw in earlier years in photos he had more wrinkles and lower eyelid was more puckered. By it later was reduced and no wrinkles for a while. But what the heck? Who cares about a little nip and tuck? I don't. Hes gorgeous George. Geeee, if I had half a chance to improve my looks don't you think i would? For my man, I def would. After all, its my man's happiness i would be thinking of. Depending on what it took. If I had one... =)
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 03:16

Was it cosmetic surgery or was it Photoshop?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 08 Aug 2012, 03:43

Hell who wouldn't make improvements or freshen up if they had the cash? I'd love a breast reduction/lift, maybe a tummy tuck, what about the eyes/jaw line? What turns me off is when the person no longer resembles themselves or they begin at such an early age. Vanity is fine in small doses.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 08 Aug 2012, 05:37

thre image of George on the right, on that video, has been digitally altered. I do it when I photograph weddings and the bride looks tired. I "freshen" her up in some pics
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 08 Aug 2012, 07:07

This is what George looked like about four years ago:

It's taken by a photographer called Martin Schoeller. Martin Schoeller is a New York based photographer, born in Germany. His style is distinguished by similar treatment of all his subjects, shot with similar lighting, backdrop, and tone. He began his career as an assistant for the famous photographer Annie Leibovitz, then he pursues his freelancing career. He has photographed celebrities, actors, singers, comedians, politicians, the list is really long. His work was published in The New Yorker, Outside Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, GQ, Esquire, and Vogue. A photographer to must see

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What I like about this shot is that there's no photoshop, no soft focus, no gentle lighting. This is George Clooney, unretouched and the bugger still looks effing fantastic!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellita Wed 08 Aug 2012, 07:48

BEAUTIFUL SHOT OF MR. CLOONEY 10 out of 10

Stellita
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 08 Aug 2012, 07:55

George has beautiful piercing eyes, and that hair....gorgeous Love4
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 08 Aug 2012, 08:39

amazing pic love1 Razz Love4
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:45

Wow, George sure has aged in the last four years and I'm not just referring to more gray hair. Still looks great, but the years are starting to show on a man who is only 51.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 08 Aug 2012, 19:30

hey you!
many 51 yrs old are waaaay waaaay waaaay waaaay worse than him!

he can have all needed to stay in his best shape
and he SURELY do that!!! Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:04

okay it's me! don't get your knickers all in a twist! LOL!
He's still the handsome-est thing on planet earth that I've seen so far, so no controversy there!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:12

Which side of George's face was paralyzed with Bell's Palsy? I forget. Was it his right side?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:14

Lakin460 wrote:He's still the handsome-est thing on planet earth that I've seen so far, so no controversy there!

I couldn't agree more Lakin. It seems the more wrinkles he gets, the better he looks. Although I think the many, many hours he put in pushing on his film The Descendents took a lot of out him. I miss seeing him in the news now but I hope he's resting up a little now. Also it might help him if he could learn how to get a good night's sleep. Ambien maybe? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 08 Aug 2012, 20:21

Lakin460 wrote:Which side of George's face was paralyzed with Bell's Palsy? I forget. Was it his right side?

Here's an article regarding his Bell's Palsy.

While suffering from the malady – it went away within a year – his left eye closes and he is unable to eat or drink properly, earning the nickname Frankenstein. "That was the worst time of my life," he tells the Mirror in 2003. "You know how cruel kids can be. I was mocked and taunted, but the experience made me stronger."
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 08 Aug 2012, 22:38

Lakin460 wrote:okay it's me! don't get your knickers all in a twist! LOL!
He's still the handsome-est thing on planet earth that I've seen so far, so no controversy there!

Thumbs up! Yahooooo love1 Give hearts

-
so left
thanks Cindi
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 09 Aug 2012, 01:42

Oh Katie! Thanks so much for the IN YOUR FACE George!! Very appetizing after a shitty day at work!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Aug 2012, 08:54

appetizing.... nice idea Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by . Thu 09 Aug 2012, 17:17

why think of plastic surgery when you age so well

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 09 Aug 2012, 20:05

Call me crazy, but I think George looks much better now.
I love every wrinkle on him.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 09 Aug 2012, 21:34

Maggy wrote:Call me crazy, but I think George looks much better now.
I love every wrinkle on him.
Too me but I think that there is something .........................I don't know but I don't see him very happy and serene!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Aug 2012, 23:19

hope to see him happier

soon Smile

where the hell did you find it???

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellita Thu 09 Aug 2012, 23:21

Me too.

Stellita

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Aug 2012, 23:21

sweet
and a bit sad
in the previous one

well..... drool3
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Stellita Thu 09 Aug 2012, 23:36

sad since way back? , something is wrong

Stellita

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 09 Aug 2012, 23:46

ma no! that day!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:48

On the "Today" show today they were talking about celebrities aging well and plastic surgery. The plastic surgeon said the "Clooney has admitted having eyelid surgery." I don't know if he has or hasn't but the joke he made on the Oscars chat with Julia Roberts sure has legs! Does no one ever check the source of anything anymore? Plus in that instance you have to watch the video-- transcript would not indicate he was kidding, but if you saw it, it is clear that he is.

Last edited by fava on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 22:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 10 Oct 2012, 19:54

Hi fava - did George say eyelid surgery or just eye surgery? I believe he had a Lasix procedure a while ago because I think he was near-sighted.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Oct 2012, 20:02

He joked on that famous interview with Julia Roberts that he'd had his 'eyes' done, because he thought it was important to see!

Get the impression he hates the idea of the knife, and has said things like 'why would any man want to do that?' and we know he's never bothered with make-up

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 10 Oct 2012, 21:59

cindigirl wrote:Hi fava - did George say eyelid surgery or just eye surgery? I believe he had a Lasix procedure a while ago because I think he was near-sighted.

Julia asks him what major changes he has made in his life lately and he makes a wide-eyed face and says: "I've had my eyes done, because I think it's important to look awake." He then asks he: "you haven't had any plastic surgery, have you?" Then they go on to discuss plastic surgery and women in Hollywood in general.

So, I think he was joking (?) about plastic surgery and not talking about Lasik.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 11 Oct 2012, 01:00

If he's had work done, its very subtle. He doesn't strike me as incredibly vain but I wouldn't blame him for having a bit of dermabrasion for example to freshen up. It is Hollywood after all.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 11 Oct 2012, 06:31

you are right Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 11 Oct 2012, 08:31

well
nothing against plastic surgery here.
when it is done so that before-after pics are not dramatic Very Happy

Robert Redford, funny, but every time I see/hear the name I remember him talking (not personally to me, unfortunately) about meeting fans in real life. So he told about how he decided to stop for the ice-cream (where he lives now) and there was this lady just getting her cone with two ice cream balls. After she paid, she turned around and saw RR standing right in front of her. She stared at him so amazed that she put the ice cream to her purse. I guess he offered to buy her a new one. Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down