George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics?

+3
Joanna
melbert
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? Empty George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics?

Post by Katiedot Sun 22 Jul 2012, 17:09

It seems that UK-based sporting events are obsessed by imaginary VIP guests. Anyway, on the off chance that George really is there . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman among VIPs to party at London's many Olympic bashes
SYLVIA HUI Associated Press
July 21, 2012

LONDON — The athletes and the Olympic torch have arrived in London — and so has the party.

FILE - In this Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012 file photo, actress Angelina Jolie, right, and actor Brad Pitt arrive before the 84th Academy Awards, in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles. At the London Olympics, away from the track and field, Hollywood royalty such as Pitt and Jolie will be rubbing shoulders with diplomats and businessmen at the city's glitziest clubs and grandest historic buildings. (AP Photo/Amy Sancetta, File) For those keener on celebrity-spotting or dancing the night away than medal counting, the British host city has plenty of action to offer during games time. Away from the track and field, Hollywood royalty such as Brangelina and Nicole Kidman will be rubbing shoulders with diplomats and businessmen at the city's glitziest clubs and grandest historic buildings. Meanwhile, Dizzy Rascal, Snow Patrol and other musicians will keep crowds entertained at outdoor concerts across the capital — though there won't be cocktails and canapes.

The party vibe kicks off Saturday with the sold-out "River of Music" festival, which features six stages along the Thames, each named for a different continent. Musicians from the Americas, for example, are taking over London's iconic Tower of London, headlined by a gig by the Scissor Sisters. Other performers from across the globe include Baaba Maal, Wynton Marsalis and the Kronos Quartet.

One of the most glamorous bashes in town will be a charity gala dinner at the Victoria & Albert Museum on Wednesday, two days before the Olympic opening ceremony. Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Christopher Lee and Bob Geldof are expected to attend the black-tie event, which is organized by the charity Sports for Peace and held in honor of boxing great Muhammad Ali.

Others reportedly attending include Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Prince Harry. The organizers did not immediately confirm the reports, but judging from the list of celebs sitting on the charity's committee — George Clooney, Catherine Deneuve and Hilary Swank, to name a few — there will definitely be no shortage of VIPs.

In Soho, London's buzzing restaurant and nightlife district, luxury watchmaker Omega, the Olympics' official time-keeper, will be hosting its own A-list soirees in a specially-refurbished townhouse until the end of the games on Aug 12. Kidman is expected at a launch party on July 28, while a space-themed bash on Aug. 2 will feature American astronauts Buzz Aldrin, Gene Cernan and Tom Stafford. A publicist said other guests will include swimmer Michael Phelps and Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan.

Other celebrities will make appearances during the games — but only on video. "Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, actress Helen Mirren and boxing star Amir Khan are among those who recorded a "goodbye" video that will be played on screens as fans leave the Olympic venues at the end of each sports session.

It's not just the celebrities who know how to party.

The Russians are planning to bring Moscow nightlife to a VIP pavilion in Kensington Gardens, which for the duration of the Olympics will be home to all things Russian. Not on the guest list? "Russia Park," as it is called, will be free to enter during the day, and the public can enjoy the country's food, music, or have a go at ice curling.

Dozens of other countries will set up their own "national hospitality houses" across London, and several are open to the public. Casa Brasil at Somerset House will showcase Brazilian culture and sport — and promote Rio's hosting of the 2016 Summer Games. Beer lovers should focus on the German House's party held on the cruise liner MS Deutschland, the Irish House at a pub at King's Cross, and the Netherlands' "Heineken House" at north London's Alexandra Palace.

The Olympic opening and closing ceremonies will also be focal points for celebration in London. On the night before the opening ceremony, a concert at Hyde Park will mark the arrival of the Olympic torch with performances by Dizzee Rascal, The Wanted and DJ Mark Ronson. The park will continue to host outdoor concerts throughout the games, with Snow Patrol and Stereophonics headlining on July 27, and Amy Macdonald and Alyssa Reid among the scheduled performers in following days.

__
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? Empty Re: George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics?

Post by melbert Sun 22 Jul 2012, 17:24

well, he seems to have gone underground again. Maybe honeymooning in London for the games? CS
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics? Empty Re: George Clooney partying in London for the Olympics?

Post by Joanna Sun 22 Jul 2012, 17:34

I'll keep my ears & eyes open then ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 22 Jul 2012, 18:01

Let us know when he arrives for a cuppatea and a ciggie with you then?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 22 Jul 2012, 18:03

I'll do what they all do and report after he's left Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 22 Jul 2012, 18:08

but not to us!!!! gotpics
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 22 Jul 2012, 18:13

Thats for me to know etc. sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 22 Jul 2012, 18:45

He may show at the Omega party given he's does their adverts. And also the Ali benefit since he's on the committee.

Will be interesting to see if he shows up.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 22 Jul 2012, 19:24

LornaDoone,
You mean it will be interesting if he shows up solo or with his supposed "financee." LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 23 Jul 2012, 04:42

Who gives a damn about Stacy? I think it'd be interesting if HE turns up. I'm not interested in who he may or may not bring with him. I only really care about what George is up to.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 23 Jul 2012, 04:54

Katiedot wrote:Who gives a damn about Stacy? I think it'd be interesting if HE turns up. I'm not interested in who he may or may not bring with him. I only really care about what George is up to.
Right, I just want to see HIM too. Who gives a rat's ass about the rest.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 15:24

Well some of us give a rat's ass, else all the threads devoted to 'the rest' wouldn't be so many pages, now would they? No snark intended toward anyone, just sayin'......
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 15:57

Lakin460 wrote:Well some of us give a rat's ass, else all the threads devoted to 'the rest' wouldn't be so many pages, now would they? No snark intended toward anyone, just sayin'......

You make a good point Lakin Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 23 Jul 2012, 16:04

On MSN.uk. today....

London 2012 Olympics: The celebrity parties!

The Olympics are mostly about great sporting achievement and national pride, but they’re also a little bit about the celebrities and their parties! Check out who will be attending the best events during The Games…

The Olympics are a great reason for any of us to celebrate: while Team GB and the international sports stars work their training socks off and pushing their bodies to the ultimate limit, we will be too... in different, party-related ways.

And so will celebrities, who will be flocking to London in their droves to cash in on the Olympics buzz and take advantage of the celebratory vibe.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are to hold one of the biggest star bashes of the summer (reportedly at a cost of £60,000 over a two-day period!) with Rihanna rumoured to be performing.

Guests believed to be attending the Brangelina party on 25 July include the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Beckhams, George Clooney, Hilary Swank and
Nicole Kidman (and us, hopefully).

Their glamorous charity gala will be held at London's V&A Museum and is called Night at the Museum Party (we see what they did there). It will welcome the showbiz elite through its doors for its evening in aid of Sports For Peace.

Brad and Ange, who currently live in Richmond in south London and will welcome their VIP guests back to theirs for the afterparty, have reportedly transformed their house into "the perfect party palace" a source told to Grazia magazine

"They've been having renovation work done, including installing giant black chandeliers and covering the walls in black chiffon drapes," the source said.

"There will also be British themed canapés like fish and chips and beef Wellington. The evening will start with a charity dinner in the city, after which guests will be transported to Brad and Angelina's home to continue the fun."

As well as the big Brangelina bash, where Hollywood A-listers will clink champagne glasses with royalty, there will be the
River Of Music festival on Saturday 28 July, kicking off along the Thames with six music stages - one for each continent taking part in The Games. Acts playing at these gigs include the Scissor Sisters, Dizzee Rascal and Snow Patrol.

On Saturday 28 July, a series of parties will kick off in Soho, held by official Olympics' time-keeper Omega and Nicole Kidman will be there at the launch event.

As well as all the parties, there are a number of opening and closing ceremony concerts across the capital. The night before The Games begin, Hyde Park will welcome thousands of music lovers (and the Olympic torch) for a concert - Dizzee Rascal, The Wanted and Mark Ronson are to perform.

As well as all the planned parties, we'll be keeping an eye on all the celebrity spectators and revellers who will be enjoying the Olympics along with the rest of us! We'll keep you posted on the latest showbiz shenanigans during The Games and, if we're lucky, they'll be even more entertaining than the actual sporting events.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 23 Jul 2012, 16:23

Lakin460 wrote:Well some of us give a rat's ass, else all the threads devoted to 'the rest' wouldn't be so many pages, now would they? No snark intended toward anyone, just sayin'......
Oh sure, no denying that, but does every thread have to turn into a Stacy thread?

I just feel a little disappointed that whenever there's a story about George that almost the first comment is about his girlfriend instead of him. She's not important in his life (or at least I don't think she is) so I'm just unwilling to make her important in mine.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 17:05

Katiedot wrote:
Oh sure, no denying that, but does every thread have to turn into a Stacy thread?

I just feel a little disappointed that whenever there's a story about George that almost the first comment is about his girlfriend instead of him. She's not important in his life (or at least I don't think she is) so I'm just unwilling to make her important in mine.

No probs, friend. Your point is well taken. Stacy ought not take preeminence on a site devoted to George. And I will do my part, when appropriate, to help make sure she's not permitted to dominate the conversation. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down