George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

LAINEY GOSSIP: George is basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey

+26
Atalante
premiere
theminis
melbert
Best in Category
Lighterside
lucy
doux-lapin
pattygirl
blubelle
silly girl
Katiedot
lelacorb
Cinderella
Lakin460
janieb
watching
NotAvailable
phys major
Maggy
davidarochelle
EEOsandy
madsky
it's me
Joanna
lovelylois
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey Empty LAINEY GOSSIP: George is basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey

Post by lovelylois Wed 20 Jun 2012, 20:34

Here’s your Christian Grey
June 20, 2012
Posted at 12:52 PM

Posted by Lainey

If you don’t know, congratulations. Because you obviously haven’t made the mistake of reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I envy you. I want to UN-read it. Can you imagine if un-reading was possible? I could UN-read Ethan Hawke’s books. And read Harry Potter again for the very first time?

Anyway, Fifty Shades Of Grey is the story of Anastasia Steele who falls in love with Christian Grey who is super f-cked up and afraid of commitment and only wants to dick her in his special sex room and doesn’t want a relationship but of course then he falls in love with her because she’s not really that special, having just graduated from college with no particular distinction and no defined skills and no real personality.

Fifty Shades Of Grey, which originated as Twilight fan fiction, is now so popular, it has become its own genre formula, and all the publishers are trying to find its successor. Every other day I’ve been sent a book that the publicist claims is the “next Fifty Shades Of Grey”. In other words, here’s a dude, the most eligible dude, who’s into kinky sex only (but still remembers to ejaculate while looking into a woman’s eyes) and no love until he meets his Georgia/Hannah/Lila/Alicia/Jordana, the ordinary but special woman who changes him forever.

In other words, he’s George Clooney. It came to me this morning when I came cross these pictures. If George Clooney were Lindsay Lohan he’d be suing Fifty Shades Of Grey.

Here’s Clooney hand in hand with Stacy Keibler in Italy yesterday. He is very lean right now, non?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey Empty Re: LAINEY GOSSIP: George is basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey

Post by Joanna Wed 20 Jun 2012, 20:43

What a horrible article !

Picture number one/two is a smily one....
and one or two others Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

LAINEY GOSSIP:  George is  basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey Empty Re: LAINEY GOSSIP: George is basically Christian Grey from the Book 50 Shades of Grey

Post by it's me Wed 20 Jun 2012, 21:16

also his fingers seem
really lean
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Wed 20 Jun 2012, 21:24

Joanna wrote:What a horrible article !

Picture number one/two is a smily one....
and one or two others Thumbs up!

First, I thought the article was funny. Since Stacy is reading the book and George does do a lot of the rinse, lather, repeat with women, not to mention he has been rumored to be a bit wild with his sexlife it is more than a bit appropriate. Love the Lindsey Lohan line too. I read the first chapter of the first book and it is so bad to me this is really funny. Wish I could unread it too.

Also, picture number one/two is one picture, and not a really good smile. I don't care anymore if he looks happy with Stacy, because he does look extremely thin in these pictures. Hope he is not ill. He just doesn't look good to me.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Wed 20 Jun 2012, 21:36

Madsky - I agree with you on 50 Shades of Grey. I don't get the hype about it. It is incredibly poorly written. I started reading it, but decided to re-read Unbroken until something better comes along. I also agree with you about George looking terribly thin. He doesn't look good to me either. Which begs the question how he could look good to someone almost 20 years his junior. I don't think "love is blind" applies here, but it's just further substantiation that she is probably looking at his fame and money and not him. Just MO.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 20 Jun 2012, 21:38

Lainey like Ted is always "very cryptic," as if they are trying to hint at something that they cannot openly express. I have a devil of a time trying to find out what they really mean. And Lainey doesn't allow comments like Ted does, so that I can decipher hidden agenda that others' pick up. Lainey is not the first author that compared G to "50." Are both saying that G has not been capable of true love and friendship and that's why he does wash, rinse, repeat with these girls? I read a comment today from a long-time G follower that before G got really famous, he dated a completely different type of girl.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Wed 20 Jun 2012, 21:43

First, I read the book the writing is terrible, but I can see why people like the hype. My thought when I saw this by Lainey, is if G is Christian Grey, then is Stacy and all the other girlfriends the unworldly, innocent, plain Ana? I think not.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 20 Jun 2012, 21:50

Re the book, there are about 900 people on LV library's waiting list; they have at least 230 copies. So much for over-hype. I read the first book online and am trying to get through the 2nd. I was only able to read a few pages at a time. Jackie Collins novels, which were also heavily promoted in the media, made a much lighter and easier read for a quick escape. "50" is more sexually explicit; it reminds me of the original "Playgirl" fantasy stories. The S/M aspect makes it controversial in the age of egalitarianism. Free added interest and publicity come with the book being banned in many conservative cities. Just wish it was better written. Read one review where the author counted how many times certain words were over used. LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 20 Jun 2012, 23:35

After reading these negative comments, I'm glad I didn't
take the time to read it.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 21 Jun 2012, 00:08

Last weekend I was discussing 50 shades with a friend, she said she came 3 times..I responded, I came 4 times watching George and Jennifer's bath tube scene in Out of Sight, Very Happy and I did't have to subject my brain to the rambling writings of 50 shades!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 21 Jun 2012, 01:03

Was that in the cinema phys ?
I hope you cleaned up after you !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Thu 21 Jun 2012, 07:53

lol. You're funny at times Joanna. She prolly has theCD for watching at home like i do. I didn't do that, but was really sweating because my adult son kept popping into the room and well, i couldn't be doing sill things now could I? I have to watch it on my computer as I don't have anything to watch it on my TV. But besides watching it late at night, no... besides I am getting pretty much over him these days. Hes looking too old and thin for me and I am 58. hehehehe

Wish he would put a little more meat back on that body. Like a man I can hug and not feel the ribs sticking out. Love5

Last edited by JoanieJD on Thu 21 Jun 2012, 08:26; edited 1 time in total
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 21 Jun 2012, 10:03

davidarochelle wrote:Lainey like Ted is always "very cryptic," as if they are trying to hint at something that they cannot openly express. I have a devil of a time trying to find out what they really mean. And Lainey doesn't allow comments like Ted does, so that I can decipher hidden agenda that others' pick up. Lainey is not the first author that compared G to "50." Are both saying that G has not been capable of true love and friendship and that's why he does wash, rinse, repeat with these girls? I read a comment today from a long-time G follower that before G got really famous, he dated a completely different type of girl.

Look at his ex-wife. She is nothing like or has anything in common with the women he dates now.

JMO - His dating "style" now is a product of being emotionally stunted due to divorce (and things not always being about him or going his way) and through opportunity. The change in the level of interest and attraction that came along with ER was huge. He enjoyed it then, he enjoys it now. Does he recognise it is limited and bascially soul-less? No idea but considering the number of women who have a ride of the Clooney twirl-a-whirl and each girl gets the same play by play relationship from the stock standard Clooney dating guide, I doubt he cares. Because at the end of the day, he is getting what he wants out of it. And that is all that seems to matter to him.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 21 Jun 2012, 13:19

[quote="Joanna"]Was that in the cinema phys ?
I hope you cleaned up after you ![/quote)

CLEAN UP on Isle 4..... bounce
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 21 Jun 2012, 14:13

...and on aisles 5 and 6 and 7 most likely too Superdupercool
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 21 Jun 2012, 15:27

Does anyone else get ads on this site saying how to become a Pastor and the Miracles of Jesus? Or am I just getting subliminal messages from the other side??? Gone to heaven Cause I'm Naughty!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 21 Jun 2012, 16:29

I read "50 Shades of Grey" and found it just....meh. As for George being Christian Grey. I don't really see that. I doubt he'd have the time to be that controlling. I do agree that his choice in women has changed over the years but I'm not judging. Whatever "floats his boat".
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:45

Could George be getting intentionally thin in preparation for a role? Wan't he rumored to play Steve Jobs at one point. Now Steve was a thin fella'.

Just throwing in my two cents, which, given inflation, is really worth nothing these days....
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:49

Lakin460 wrote:Could George be getting intentionally thin in preparation for a role? Wan't he rumored to play Steve Jobs at one point. Now Steve was a thin fella'.

Just throwing in my two cents, which, given inflation, is really worth nothing these days....

Ashton Kutcher is playing Steve Jobs. I think it's already in production. I'm not a fan of AK, but from the pictures I've seen of him in character, it was good casting.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:54

oh, ok. thanks, sandy!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 21 Jun 2012, 21:57

I don't like George looking thin either! I like him looking healthy and if that means a few extra pounds, so be it!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 21 Jun 2012, 22:23

Cinderella wrote:I don't like George looking thin either! I like him looking healthy and if that means a few extra pounds, so be it!

So thin he seems very old and bent over God to take back George!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 22 Jun 2012, 04:17

Cinderella wrote:I don't like George looking thin either! I like him looking healthy and if that means a few extra pounds, so be it!
Me, too.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:13

Here's a new one. Who'd make the best Christian Grey?

by Hope Carson

'Fifty Shades of Grey' Hair--Would Brad Pitt or George Clooney Make the Better Mature Christian?

July 11, 2012 08:10 AM EDT

Now that the Fifty Shades of Grey movie is becoming an international obsession, it was only a matter of time until someone decided to get creative with the casting of the principal characters.

After all, if Justin Bieber's girlfriend, Selena Gomez, can make a video spoof of the novel, re-naming it Fifty Shades of Blue and transforming the stunningly handsome anti-hero Christian Grey into a homely, scrofulous house painter then anything is possible.

Recently, a British celebrity publication asked an interesting question. What would happen if the film made the sadistic titular anti-hero, Christian Grey a tad more mature? Okay, okay, more than a tad. A lot more. What if Christian Grey was old enough to have...well, grey hair? Who would play him? Brad Pitt? George Clooney? Sean Connery? Clint Eastwood?

Well, not that old. But Pitt and Clooney would make interesting rivals for the part since they're not only aging heart-throbs but also BFFs.

Of course, technically, Brad Pitt doesn't really have grey hair--at least not on his head. He does, however, have a grey beard/goatee when he grows one, so he could definitely enter the running.

His BFF Clooney has of course been a so-called "silver fox" for some time. As for which of these mature heart-throbs would be more convincing as the controlling, sadistic, psychologically scarred Steele, Brad would probably do quite well.

After all, Angelina Jolie's baby daddy was menacing as hell as the loutish, charming serial killer Early Grace in the 1993 film Kalifornia. George Clooney, maybe not so much. Perhaps he's too much of a gentleman. But then so was Dirk Bogarde in the 1974 classic S & M romance, The Night Porter.

Whatever. You can click here to check out some of the other stars who might be in the running if a geriatric--er--mature version of Fifty Shades of Grey was ever made. Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, and the perfect Pierce Brosnan to name only a few. Who's your favorite?

© Hope Carson 2012

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 12 Jul 2012, 13:25

I haven't read the book but I know people who have....when GC's name came up they all said that he was too old....one girl told me she things Matt Bomer would be perfect.... Very Happy

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jul 2012, 14:41

Is Christian Grey British or American in the book ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 15:02

American - lives in Seatlle, Washington
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 16:49

Joanna,
They're going to change EVERYTHING in the book. "Christian Grey" was BLACK, and the son of a crack lady of negotiable affection. His abusive dad was her pimp. He was removed when very young, after being severely physically and emotionally abused (many cigarette burns) and adopted into a very wealthy, educated, and professionally and monetarily successful WHITE family, with WHITE siblings. The implication is that he was psychologically affected having to deal with this juxtaposition. He was then seduced as a young teenager by his mother's older white married friend. Adds to his emotional conflicts, and inability to equate sex with love. Still "50" also was very accomplished as a classical pianist, entrepreneur, and charity organizer, while still in his late 20's. He accidentally met the soon to graduate from college, inexperienced Anastasia; very different from the other women in his life, although close in age.

The author wanted unknowns cast. With a $30 - $40 million budget, unless they take a "back end cut," I wonder who they will be able to afford. Matt Bomer has the body but NOT the emotional range and depth required. Personally I think that Lainey was implying that the project will be a total fail UNLESS they cast correctly. Otherwise they will have to spend a fortune in PR promotions, like they did for the "Twilight" series. But then again, that's how many films make money.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 17:19

Davida, where do you get that Christian Grey is African American???? I don't recall any reference from the books to support your statement.
Additionally, the leading men being considered are all white - most recently Channing Tatum, but also Ryan Gosling, Michael Fassbender, Alexander Skarsgard.....wouldn't the producers, directors, et al, have an idea as to the ethnicity of the main character?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 17:45

Lakin460,
Of course the producers would know the race of the main character, especially since it relates to the story line. But as I said they're going to change the book to make it into a movie. That's normal Hollywood procedure. It would NOT sell as well if they cast a Black man for as "50"; he plays a dominant. I can just imagine the "political" fallout, especially in the South. And did you read the book? There are CONSTANT physical descriptions of Christian Grey. LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 17:59

Yes, I read the trilogy and never got any impression he was a black man. His eyes were grey and she repeatedly describes his hair as loose and tousled - atypical physical characteristics for black men. Didn't you read it online? I think there were changes made from the e-version to the print version.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 12 Jul 2012, 18:03

Lakin460,
Yes it was the first book I've read online. My roomie set it up for me, as our Vegas Library has 23 copies and a constant wait list of over 800. Wow did they change Christian Grey's race in the print version? Was really wondering how that would go over in some locales.
I will try to copy some direct quotes on his physical description later.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Jul 2012, 18:48

ummmmm....davida.... lots of spoilers in your long post
about the book.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 13 Jul 2012, 00:27

I read the e version and didn't get the impression that Edward(his name in the e version) was black.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 13 Jul 2012, 01:48

Are there different versions of this book? So I won't reveal too much, here is the passage when brunette Ana first meets "50," after being greeted by several of his workers.

:Perhaps Mr. Grey insists on all his employees being blonde. I’m wondering idly if that’s legal, when the office door opens and a tall, elegantly dressed, attractive African-American man with short dreads exits. I have definitely worn the wrong clothes."
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:25

That African American with dreads is not Christian. This guy is an associate and he shows up later in the second or third books.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 13 Jul 2012, 16:51

Lakin460,
Was in a hurry and copied the wrong paragraph. I really appreciate your clarification, as I've never seen someone that was 100% White with this description. Some Blacks dye their hair or are of mixed-race. I haven't finished the trilogy to see if it all makes sense.

“I’m Christian Grey. Are you all right? Would you like to sit?”
So young – and attractive, very attractive. He’s tall, dressed in a fine gray suit, white shirt, and black tie with unruly dark copper colored hair and intense, bright gray eyes that regard me shrewdly. It takes a moment for me to find my voice.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 03:46

Hotel replaces Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey." Bibles in nightstands are a familiar amenity for hotel guests, but travelers seeking to read their favorite verse at one establishment will be in for a big surprise. The Damson Dene Hotel in England’s picturesque Lake District, is making quite a noise for replacing the Bible with “Fifty Shades of Grey” in its 40 guest rooms. Owner Jonathan Denby decided that in a modern secular society it was “wholly inappropriate” to keep a religious book in people’s private bedrooms. The choice to offer this book was done purely for fun and just because the novel is so popular, not for any deep philosophical reason. Denby noted that he himself has not read the book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] VS
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Aug 2012, 08:30

he made the point

we are talking about his hotel Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:21

uh oh.......
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:40

I read all three books E.L. James: 50 shades of gray, 50 shades of black and 50 shades of red .................. I can explain what they have in common with George Clooney Christian Grey? For me nothing!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 07 Aug 2012, 15:10

The black man in 50 Shades is Christian Grey's personal trainer, Claude. Don't understand where anyone would get the idea that CG was any other race that Caucasian. Within the book, there are references to his "tanned" body (don't think Blacks tan). CG's penchant is for "brown haired girls who remind him of his 'crack lady of negotiable affection' mother". So Ana is one of those "brown haired" girls like his mother and she's caucasian, not black, not dark, not olive skinned. In fact she's constantly referred to as very pale. So I would guess his mother was white.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by doux-lapin Tue 07 Aug 2012, 17:26

not that this is very relevant but the novel was originally a twilight fanfiction, so that would also suggest that the characters would be based on the main characters of twilight..
doux-lapin
doux-lapin
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 19:57

I stared reading the book, then stopped because I realized that it is someone's idea of what love and intimacy should be like. When it is not. I hope that one wouldn't rely on a noble to dictate their love life because it could turn into a total disappointment. (JMO)
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 22:28

Saw this and couldn't resist -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 07 Aug 2012, 23:42

Maggy wrote:I stared reading the book, then stopped because I realized that it is someone's idea of what love and intimacy should be like. When it is not. I hope that one wouldn't rely on a noble to dictate their love life because it could turn into a total disappointment. (JMO)

noble?
say rich

and you are right
high disappointment for sure
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:24

I read it. I can't understand how women think it's sexy to be controlled, beaten, and used by a man who obviously has many emotional issues. I thought part of it boarded on abuse and was concerned that women who are mistreated would see this as sexy. Yes, she says she likes it, but this is her first relationship. If she sees this as love well, "oh my".
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 03:00

I think all of this disection & criticism of 50 Shades is a vain endeavor.

The books, from a literary standpoint, are rubbish. The author barely rises above a high school level of syntax. It is boringly repetitive in its prose and so predictable as to make one feel stupid for becoming engaged in the story. It definitely does not lend itself to nor stand up under deep critical scrutiny. And therein lies the mystery. Why would such a juvenile trilogy capture the collective attention of a generation of feminist liberated women?

I don't claim to know the answer, but the phenomenon intrigues me and that's why I read the books. At its heart, it is a love story. The theme is one of redemption and unconditional love couched in a BDSM storyline, calculated to hook the reader, and make the genre seem trendy, although this subject is anything but new.

I seriously doubt it will convince anyone that physical abuse is the gateway to true love. The writer intentionally made the heroine and protagonist too conflicted to make that plausible or convincing.

These are just my thoughts. I'm not claiming to know with authority why the books are so relevant. But I can't help but notice that they are and I think there is a deeper symptomatic reason why.

Why is the male dominance portrayed here so appealing to the female masses? Are we feminist liberated women still unsatisfied? Has the hard won equality with men (which I think is a good thing) not really fulfilling?

Fifty Shades of Grey raises these questions for me. Its a shoddy literary piece, but it's profound popularity and effect do not go unnoticed.

I'm just thinking out loud here.....chewing the fat, so to speak. That's all......

But with gusto I can say this...if the main characters had been written as being in their 40s/50s, then I most defintiely would like to see George in the role of Christian Grey. Hot damn!!!!!!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 08 Aug 2012, 03:58

Lakin love your opinion of this book, no I haven't read it, don't really feel the need to. Many years ago I read a lot of romance novels, so I feel that I've fulfillled the soft whatever in my life. But haven't seen Twlight and many other things that many are interested in lately. After reading your above comment makes me feel I might not be missing out. Thanks!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 08 Aug 2012, 05:03

I so agree Lakin. I've been puzzling over why on earth this tripe has become so popular. It's not racy, it's not well written, it's not erotic and it's certainly not love. It's a throwback to 1950s romance novels.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next