George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep

+29
playfuldeb
Mazy
Lakin460
iamnoone
NotAvailable
EEOsandy
theminis
noodle
amaretti
Maggy
Cinderella
Missa
laetval
LornaDoone
lucy
it's me
cindigirl
Kris236
Katiedot
party animal - not!
blubelle
phys major
silly girl
Joanna
melbert
annemarie
watching
macs
davidarochelle
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep

Post by silly girl Thu 25 Oct 2012, 19:36

Here is an article that talks about the house they are filming in.

Photos: Look inside the "August: Osage County" house

Many people have called me in recent weeks to inquire how they might sneak a peek at the stars of "August: Osage County" as filming continues in the area.

As far as actual filming of the movie, that opportunity is over. The outdoor filming options that found crowds gathering in Pawhuska, Barnsdall and Bartlesville in September and early October have been completed.

All filming is now taking place in the rural Boulanger area of far northern Osage County, at the "Boulanger House" named after the original owner.

This is the house that the "August: Osage County" production company purchased (it listed for $249,900) because it so closely resembled the three-story house employed in Tulsa native Tracy Letts' play, and because the 1918 Sears kit home fit their filming needs.

As far as important roles in this production, the house played a huge one in the decision to film in Oklahoma. This house was not the only option.

The Boulanger House is where producer George Clooney, stars Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts and the entire cast and crew are working, and they plan to keep filming at the residence into November, with the plan to wrap up prior to Thanksgiving.

How do you get out to the house where they're filming? After the many stories I've written based on the filming of "August: Osage County," some believe I may know some secrets to gaining access.

My advice: Forget about crashing the set. It's not going to happen. It's private property in a rural area, with transport on a road that has been shut down to protect the privacy of the current homeowners -- the production company.

Ponca City Realtor Johnny Shaw brokered the deal through his United Country Shaw Real Estate for "August: Osage County" to buy the property, located on 22 acres.

Shaw also supplied me with a few photos showing the inside of the house. Now that the house is loaded with cameras and lighting and dozens of people among the cast and crew, these interior shots should be considered as images of what the inside of the house previously looked like.

We'll have to see the movie in 2013 to see what changes were made to the Boulanger House.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney producing: 'August: Osage County' starring Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep

Post by laetval Sat 27 Oct 2012, 08:37

Want to see 'August: Osage County' stars? Wait for the film

Many people have called me in recent weeks to inquire how they might sneak a peek at the stars of "August: Osage County" as filming continues in the area.

As far as actual filming of the movie, that opportunity is over. The outdoor filming options that found crowds gathering in Pawhuska, Barnsdall and Bartlesville in September and early October have been completed.

All filming is now taking place in the rural Boulanger area of far northern Osage County at the Boulanger House, named after the original owner.

This is the house that the "August: Osage County" production company purchased (it listed for $249,900) because it so closely resembled the three-story house employed in Tulsa native Tracy Letts' play, and because the 1918 Sears kit home fit their filming needs.

As far as important roles in this production, the house played a huge one in the decision to film in Oklahoma. This house was not the only option.

The Boulanger House is where producer George Clooney, stars Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts and the entire cast and crew are working, and they plan to keep filming at the residence into November, wrapping up prior to Thanksgiving.

How do you get out to the house where they're filming? After the many stories I've written based on the filming of "August: Osage County," some believe I may know some secrets to gaining access.

My advice: Forget about crashing the set. It's not going to happen. It's private property in a rural area, with transport on a road that has been shut down to protect the privacy of the current homeowners - the production company.

Ponca City real estate agent Johnny Shaw brokered the deal through his United Country Shaw Real Estate for "August: Osage County" to buy the property, located on 22 acres.

Shaw also supplied me with a few photos showing the inside of the house. See them at tulsaworld.com/iseemovies Now that the house is loaded with cameras and lighting and dozens of people among the cast and crew, these interior shots should be considered as images of what the inside of the house previously looked like.

We'll have to see the movie in 2013 to see what changes were made to the Boulanger House.

Photos: Look inside the "August: Osage County" house (see link)

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 13 Nov 2012, 23:47

I put this in the Where is George? thread as it shows where he is NOT!!! Looks like they've wrapped in OK anyway. This is from the lady who has been FBing during the filming.

August Osage County

Saturday.

The cast/crew wrap party was at the old May Brothers building 2nite on Frank Phillips in Bartlesville. They had an event planner from Los Angeles that put it 2gether, and a DJ from New York City was flown in. It was mainly the production crew and the minor stars (which is everybody but George, Julia & Meryl) who showed up. A man from the Drummond Ranch came outside and I asked him if George Clooney, Julia or Meryl was inside, and he said he had made the rounds several times, and never saw them. That was around 11:00, so if they ever went, it would have been after 11:00. Earlier, around 10:00, we were at the Price Tower for the Anniversary party for the Johemian Jazz group, and Robbie Baker saw Meryl Streep in the elevator. I'm not surprised, since there are several directors staying there, they prob had a private party at the Price Tower, and didn't go to the elaborate, expensive party downtown. lol All I can say is this film brought in a tremendous amount of money into our economy, and Lord only knows we needed it!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Mon 19 Nov 2012, 15:53

Filming has completely wrapped up and cast and crew have left.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 07 Dec 2012, 10:31

Nice Article about filming:

'August: Osage County' stars, filming leaves lasting impression with Oklahomans

The filming of "August: Osage County" wrapped up just before Thanksgiving. Stars Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts and producer George Clooney and others returned home after eight weeks of shooting on the highly anticipated film based on Tulsa-native Tracy Letts' prize-winning play.

The circus, as they say, has left town.

Things are back to normal in Bartlesville (where the stars were staying) and rural Osage County (at the grand house that served as the main location for filming). Life is quieter now in Pawhuska and Barnsdall, which each hosted days of outdoor shooting with stars visible that attracted crowds.

The "stargazing" is done, but for at least a couple of Oklahomans who became surprisingly involved in the production of "August: Osage County," they have lasting memories.

'Barbecue Mike'

A funeral scene being shot in Ochelata required a particular make and year-model of vehicle. Mike Graham, who lives in Tulsa and also has a farm near Leonard, learned of the need, and he had a couple of cars.

He and his wife, Rebecca, were off to Ochelata to see the stars of "August: Osage County."

They were thrilled at seeing Clooney and especially Streep as she prepared for an emotionally wrenching scene ("She was just trying to get herself to a dark place, I guess") but little did Graham know, as he said, "That the next day would blow it out of the water."

The couple was asked to bring vehicles to the next day's shoot at Bad Brad's barbecue restaurant in Pawhuska, and the couple prepared to watch from a distance until an assistant to director John Wells (the creator of "ER" and "The West Wing") motioned the Grahams over to sit at a picnic table outside the restaurant.

Sitting at the table next to the Grahams: Julia Roberts, Juliette Lewis and Julianne Nicholson, the three actresses playing sisters in "August: Osage County," and who in this scene were talking about their dysfunctional mother, played by Streep.

"It had been raining and I was wearing an old cowboy hat, and I was unshaved, not expecting anything but the use of my cars, and I guess I had that Oklahoma cowboy redneck look going on," Graham said.

"The next thing we know, this world famous director is asking me if I would, at their cue, slip over and borrow the barbecue sauce from the table that three of the most beautiful actresses in the world are sitting at having a sisterly conversation."

Yes, I can do that, Graham replied.

"John Wells instructed me to just ask them for the sauce. 'Just say what you normally say,' was his instruction to me. I asked my wife, 'What should I say?' and she said, 'Ask for the sauce!' Then on that first take there was a quick 'Cut' with him saying I did fine but to shorten it down. So I went from five words to three words. I went from 'Can I borrow your sauce?' to 'Borrow your sauce?' "

Graham would lean toward the "Pretty Woman" star's table and utter "Borrow your sauce?" more than 20 times that afternoon, over the course of several hours and from every angle imaginable.

He couldn't believe his luck by the time that filming wrapped for the day, at which point Roberts patted him on the back and smiled. The "Pretty Woman" proclaimed, "Good job, Barbecue Mike."

"I just laughed. I mean, what do you say? I didn't know what to say, so I just laughed," Graham said - with a laugh.

Watching Graham for hours were several extras who had gone through the process of being made up as motorcycle riders and oil-field workers. No doubt some of them imagined they might be the one to say "Borrow your sauce?" But the choice this day was Graham, the guy who brought a couple of 1990s automobiles to be in the movie.

"They must have thought they couldn't come up with a better Okie than me in my old cowboy hat. It was that or my beautiful wife that got us chosen," Graham said.

Shadows'

If you've seen those Chickasaw Nation commercials celebrating the diversity of the tribe's people and talents, you may have seen Chickasaw artist Mike Larsen. That's where the production team for "August: Osage County" first noticed his work.

They then looked at his website and decided his art was what the filmmakers were looking for in connection with a day of filming in downtown Pawhuska.

For a scene involving a crowd at a bus stop, the creative team wanted a large American Indian mural painted on a wall in the background.

"This was a new thing for us, because we'd never had any of our art in a film before," Larsen said in a phone interview from his studio in Perkins. "Of course, this was going to be something on a larger scale."

The painting that the filmmakers selected was "Shadows," a Larsen original that was 30 inches high by 40 inches wide. The image of the painting that was reproduced on the downtown Pawhuska wall appears to be closer to 20 feet tall by 30 feet wide.

"They told us that they liked it, but the original painting is owned by a woman in Oklahoma City, and I had to ask her permission to do this, which she granted," Larsen said.

Larsen's work earned he and his wife, Martha, an invite to the film shoot in Pawhuska on the day that actors Chris Cooper and Benedict Cumberbatch were filming their bus-stop scene with the "Shadows" mural behind them.

"Oh, it was very exciting to watch, and we saw (producer) George Clooney there, and Martha was very enthralled with him, as you might imagine," Larsen said.

"It was a fun day. We had lunch with the crew, and I got to watch Chris Cooper, who has always been one of my favorites, probably ever since 'Lonesome Dove.' It must be something for those actors to do those 'takes' over and over again. I don't know what they (the filmmakers) were looking for, but I guess they found it eventually."

Although the film crew's efforts in Pawhuska were only temporary, Larsen's artwork may become a permanent part of the downtown landscape.

"Mr. Larsen's art is a really neat deal, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to see it go away," said Mike McCartney, executive director of the Pawhuska Chamber of Commerce. "He just did such a beautiful job."

McCartney admitted that life has returned to normal since the cast and crew of "August: Osage County" left town, but there is no denying that they left a lasting impression.
'August: Osage County'

A collection of award-winning actors and acclaimed filmmakers came to northeastern Oklahoma for two months beginning in late September to shoot "August: Osage County," a film based on the play by Tulsa native Tracy Letts that won a Pulitzer Prize and several Tony Awards on Broadway.

It's the story of a deeply dysfunctional family living in Osage County, which gathers when the family patriarch vanishes. The cast was led by Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, playing mother and daughter in a strained relationship. The film is directed by John Wells and produced by George Clooney, who was seen in the area on many occasions, among others.

The cast also includes Benedict Cumberbatch, Margo Martindale, Ewan McGregor, Juliette Lewis, Sam Shepard, Chris Cooper, Abigail Breslin, Dermot Mulroney, Julianne Nicholson and Misty Upham.

"August: Osage County" is expected to be released in 2013 and is a likely awards-season contender next winter.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:55

What a great story about Barbecue Mike.
Must remember to look out for him in the film.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 06 Feb 2013, 04:08

So far on IMDB.com it says this is opening in the Netherlands in November but no other release dates are posted.

Has anyone heard any more about this film?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Fri 15 Mar 2013, 09:13

It would seem that ther's an early screening on monday 18th
maybe we'll start hearing a little bit more then...
[url= ][/url]
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Tue 19 Mar 2013, 08:20

so ! for what it's worth... some news from the advanced screening yesternight in NY by twitter
this is good news :
- acting's great (but not particulary surprising given the stellar cast and the fact that it's based on an extremely well reviewed play... so I haven't the chance to see or read it)
- apparently Weinstein himself was there
Hard to tell now how it will do (the movie has to bring something more to the play ! that's the tricky part, isn't it)... still if it performs as well as it is expected to, even more pressure n George to ace MM (the disappointment otherwise would only be greater). Fingers crossed for AOC and MM then !!
(last one not so stellar, but not bad. (I post for the sake of objectiveness Smile)

macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 19 Mar 2013, 09:28

Wow....sounds exciting !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:28

That's brilliant! Really happy to hear the good feedback.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:33

Yep ,me too! Seems to have come round awfully quick.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 19 Mar 2013, 14:43

I saw the show and it was great. Looking forward to the movie.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 19 Mar 2013, 18:46

Thumbs up! good!!!! Very Happy Coolio
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 29 Mar 2013, 12:31

Release dates for some of George Clooneys upcoming movies below: Other non Clooney related at link.

August Osage County is November 8, 2013 in time to be considered for Oscars 2014 -

Gravity with George Clooney/Sandra Bullock is October 4

Finally Monuments Men to be released December 18 (debate as to whether that's in time for Oscar contention)

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 29 Mar 2013, 13:11

Yay for producing team G&G.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 10 May 2013, 16:18

Trailer:

|
 |

Last edited by LornaDoone on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 01:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced autostarting video with the youtube version)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 10 May 2013, 16:24

You are brill, SG, Thank you!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 10 May 2013, 16:54

Wow!!!!! Thanks, SG, you savvy thing, you! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Wanna see this movie!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 10 May 2013, 17:35

Damn can't see it Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 10 May 2013, 17:57

Looks good.....Nightmare family !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 10 May 2013, 23:20

Thanks for the vid!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 10 Jun 2013, 21:54

TRACY LETTS SHINES AT TONY AWARDS, GENERATES HEAT IN HOLLYWOOD

By Steven Zeitchik
June 10, 2013, 9:56 a.m.
NEW YORK -- The Tony Awards shone a spotlight Sunday night on an accomplished actor with a film pedigree who this season anchored a stage drama about love and death.

No, not Tom Hanks -- yeah, he was nominated too -- but Tracy Letts, who became the rare personality to win Broadway's top writing award (for "August: Osage County" in 2008) and its top acting prize (he took home the Tony for leading actor in a play for his extremely well-regarded turn as George in the fall revival of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf").

Letts will soon make his presence felt in another medium: film.
Tonys 2013: Red carpet arrivals | Show highlights |Winners & Top nominees | Best & Worst moments |Full Coverage

A theater veteran of the Chicago Steppenwolf variety, Letts has penned movies based on earlier pieces such as "Bug" and Killer Joe." Now he’s bringing his big Pulitzer Prize winner"August: Osage County" to the screen. And he'll have the help of some pretty big Hollywood names.

The dysfunctional-family dramedy stars Meryl Streep andJulia Roberts, playing matriarch and complicated daughter, respectively, of the larger-than-life Weston family. If that star power wasn't enough, George Clooney is among the producers. John Wells directs the movie, which theWeinstein Co. is to release in November.

The trailer that premiered to reporters at the recent Cannes Film Festival had a weepy, inspirational feel that might surprise those who know the hard-edged observational style of Letts' work. But the writer was quick to caution not to judge a movie by its early footage.

"The trailer is designed to get people to see the movie," he told The Times at the Tony Awards on Sunday, adding with a don’t-worry note in his voice, "The action of the play is the action of the film."

Letts wrote the screenplay and spent time on the movie's Oklahoma set. It’s his name that, to insiders at least, offers a note of reassurance that the picture has retained the jagged edges that made the play so noteworthy. (Some of those other names, particularly Clooney and producing partner Grant Heslov, help too.)

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 17 Jun 2013, 09:54

I hope this is from the studio and not Smokehouse cause it is a bit tacky - paying someone a bonus if they win an award. I get it is probably done to ensure the actors do press and publicity for the film but is just seems a bit off.

Abigail Breslin 100,000 Reasons She  NEEDS to Win an Oscar 
Exclusive

Most 17-year-olds feel pressure to get into a good college, but not Abigail Breslin ... the teenage A-lister has $100,000 riding on whether or not she can nab an Academy Award from her upcoming flick.

According to Abigail's minor's contract -- recently obtained by TMZ -- the lil star was paid $75,000 for two weeks worth of work on a film called "August: Osage County" shot last fall. It also stars Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.

Now here's the interesting part ... in AB's contract a special clause was added just for awards ... which states if Abigail wins the Golden Globe for best supporting actress she nabs a $50,000 bonus.

There's more ... if Abigail wins an Oscar she gets ANOTHER $50,000. And if she wins both, they throw her the whole shebang. Plus all that other stuff like: respect, honor, esteem, ... yadda, yadda.

Of course with moves like these, it's in the bag ...

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:17

why cant actors just be actors. Why do they have to wreck the awards with politics and undue pressures. Wouldnt it be great to remove all the awards shows and just let actors do their thing; act, because they love to act.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 21 Jun 2013, 21:00

STREEP FILM MOVED TO CHRISTMAS
Meryl Streep's new movie will now open at Christmas
21 JUNE 2013
Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts' upcoming film has had its release date shifted to Christmas Day.
August: Osage County was due to hit cinemas in early November but has now been put back to the festive period, said The Wrap.

It stars Meryl as a pill-popping mother to a bitter daughter played by Julia, with Benedict Cumberbatch and Ewan McGregor also appearing in the film, which was produced by George Clooney.

August: Osage County is based on a Tracy Letts play that opened on Broadway in 2007 and scooped a cluster of awards including the Pulitzer Prize.

Christmas is starting to look crowded at the cinema as Jack Ryan, starring Chris Pine and Keira Knightley, Keanu Reeves' action thriller 47 Ronin, and comedy The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty are all out at the same time.
Grace Of Monaco, a biopic starring Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly, has also had its release date changed by The Weinstein Co and is being brought forward from December to November 27.
Press Association

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 21 Jun 2013, 21:09

Oh BumTits at the delay.....I'm really looking
forward to that film !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 21 Jun 2013, 21:46

HA HA HA You cannot count on anything they keep changing.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 21 Jun 2013, 23:17

Surely really difficult....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 21 Jun 2013, 23:43

Well, I hope its not pressure being applied to those who have been counting on the timing to hopefully win something big.

Or pressure to obtain something from one of them. That smacks of emotional blackmail. Hmmm, not... I wonder who they might be pitching at, with this particular timing. All films slotted to be released around December now, close together. Might effect the outcome.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:27

I was so wanting to see Benedict Cumberbatch in this. Now we have to wait a few more months.

'August: Osage County' release delayed until Christmas Day

We're going to have to wait a little longer to see the big-name stars as well as the Osage County, downtown Pawhuska and Bartlesville locales featured in "August: Osage County."  The Weinstein Company has shifted the film's release date to Dec. 25, and it will be among a crowded field of movies coming out for the holiday.

The original Nov. 8 date had the movie based on Tulsa native Tracy Letts' prize-winning play opening against "Thor: Dark World" and "About Time," a comedy from Richard Curtis ("Love Actually") that stars Rachel McAdams.  "August: Osage County" will now open against the Ben Stiller comedy "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"; the Tom Clancy-movie reboot "Jack Ryan" with Chris Pine; and the Keanu Reeves action-drama "47 Ronin."

This would appear to be a sound move for the film, as "August: Osage County" producers George Clooney and Grant Heslov took home Oscars last year for "Argo" and are looking to repeat.  Recent history is showing that the later your film comes out in the year, the more notice for awards your film receives, despite that making no sense whatsoever in regard to quality.

The later date also means fresh buzz once awards start being handed out in late December.  The October-released "Argo" won last year, with a big boost from fresh buzz after the Oscar nominations were released, when director Ben Affleck was snubbed in the directing category.  The upside in all of this is that the studio and the filmmakers have the kind of confidence in "August: Osage County" that they are willing to release it amid many other films and still expect it to shine.

link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:41

Thanks, watching. Great find

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by O.o Tue 10 Sep 2013, 22:07

TIFF ~ Julia Roberts calls Osage her best acting experience.

An exuberant Julia Roberts calls working on her latest film, "August: Osage County," "the best acting experience of my life."

Toronto International Film Festival 2013
The 46-year-old actress was bubbling with enthusiasm the day after the highly anticipated film adaptation of Tracy Letts' Pulitzer Prize-winning play premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival. In the film, Roberts plays the eldest daughter of a brutally honest matriarch, played by Meryl Streep.

"I've never worked so hard in my life -- and I've given birth to three children," Roberts told reporters Tuesday.

The large cast (which also includes Benedict Cumberbatch, Abigail Breslin, Ewan McGregor and Dermot Mulroney) lived near the on-location set in Oklahoma, devoting themselves to capturing Letts' dialogue. The film, to be released Dec. 25, drew mixed reviews at the festival but praise for its performances.
Source:
cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57602226/julia-roberts-calls-osage-her-best-acting-experience/

Last edited by O.o on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 22:10; edited 2 times in total

O.o
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 09 Nov 2013, 05:01

Not sure if this is already on here so haven't posted the actual review.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 26 Nov 2013, 23:14

If we already have this article, let me know and I will delete - thanks

‘August: Osage County’ Didn’t Change Its Ending; Watch 1-Hour-Plus Q&A With Cast & Producer George Clooney Plus New Photos

Expectations can be a bitch or a nice surprise when you’re out of synch with the conventional wisdom. Reviews out of the Toronto International Film Festival (including ours) might have led some to believe (myself included) that “August: Osage County” is shrill, pitched up to one volume and disjointed. While it’s unclear if it’s been through an editing process in the three months since the September festival circuit, the “August: Osage County” I saw last night was unexpectedly funny. This is pure Tracy Letts (the playwright who won a Pulitzer Prize for Drama for ‘August’ onstage in 2008). A corrosive and toxic look at family, “August: Osage County” is unrelentingly dark, but it’s also a black comedy with the most delicious of evil barbs. Family is a four letter word? Hell, yes.

The cast is heavyweight. Anchored by Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, the film also stars Julianne Nicholson, Ewan McGregor, Chris Cooper, Margo Martindale, Benedict Cumberbatch, Juliette Lewis, Sam Shepard, Dermot Mulroney, Abigail Breslin and Misty Upham and everyone’s bringing their A-game. To hear it from the cast, much of this was due to Streep, who steered the tone and insisted to director John Wells (“The Company Men”) that the entire cast live together sequestered in Oklahoma to get a better sense of behaving like a family (she got her way).

But she initially was hesitant to take the role of Violet Weston, the pill-addicted matriarch of the Weston family who rains down a torrent of abuse and noxious digs on her various family members. “I didn’t look to this with appetite,” she said about the difficult role last night in New York during a 45-minute Q&A with most of the cast (you can watch the conversation in its entirety below). “I know it’s funny, but to [play the role] you have to sort of enter the house of pain.” Not one to take on a role superficially, Streep rattled off the difficulties of the character: enduring chemotherapy, gone bald, mouth cancer, pain, pain pills, the cycle of addiction. “It’s a state of paranoia that I guess comes easily to actors, but… it was not an easy thing to say yes to.”

The movie’s centerpiece is a dinner scene that is perhaps the quintessence of family dysfunction, loaded with bile, wrath, revulsion and even wicked humor. And it’s all lead by the maestro Meryl Streep. “I’d never seen anything like THAT,” Dermot Mulroney said of Streep in the scene. “So in each take Meryl would be perfect. You’d see her throw out variety…but what I noticed is that when she’d make some a change or a tonal shift for a particular take it would ripple down the table and back and before I know it we’re all playing a slightly different scene, because we’re going off what she’s putting on the table.”

Which brings us to the ending (*spoilers* for those that haven’t seen the movie, this is for fans of the play). The movie concludes in a controversial fashion, at least to the play's ardent supporters (and there are many). In the original play, Viola is left on her porch, abandoned by her family for her malice. She’s essentially left to rot by herself after betraying each, one by one. But the movie ends with Julia Roberts' character driving away from her mom, stopping by the side of the road for a brief minute to ponder life, and then head out on the highway again down to Colorado to find her estranged husband and daughter (McGregor and Breslin). It’s a much more hopeful ending than the play and it outraged fans when it played in that form in September.

Evidently Wells had admitted that this “upbeat” ending was forced onto him by Harvey Weinstein after test screenings. "I'm not sure I’m OK with doing it that way," he said in September. "I don't want to say there's anything wrong with the current ending, because there isn't. But it's something we’re still talking about. We don’t open for three months, and it’s possible you’ll see something different."

Well, we can confirm from last night’s screening the ending from September is the same and considering the movie opens on Christmas Day, if they were going to make those "downbeat" changes they probably would have made them by now ("August: Osage County" is screening all over the place as well for press, SAG, guilds, etc.). It admittedly is a tepid ending that does mar the film somewhat, regardless of the original, but at this point, that's likely not going to change. New photos from the film have arrived, plus below, you can watch the aforementioned Q&A from last night in New York, plus a recent Los Angeles Q&A with producer George Clooney. “August: Osage County” opens up wide on December 25th.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

More photos at above link

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:03

I saw that but was cooking so I couldn't post...thanks for posting...watched most of it --- great q&a....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:05

Oh good, glad its not been seen before, thought I was double posting.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 05 Dec 2013, 07:08

Is this the right place to brag about going to the premier of Osage County? Very Happy 

Am so excited, can't wait till the 16th!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:40

so are u going???

great cheers Thumbs up! 

tell all us ! Very Happy 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:45

but where is it?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 05 Dec 2013, 18:18

It will be in LA, IM.

Thanks for the love and support ladies, but I wont be attending the premier
any more. I would have loved to go. I was really excited.

Neutral
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Dec 2013, 21:12

why no more baby?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 06 Dec 2013, 18:28

Work.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 06 Dec 2013, 20:22

ok Mag

Hug1 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 16 Dec 2013, 01:55

Now here's something curious.

I watched an advert today about the film and at the end it said it wasn't opening until January 10th which is really weird since it's still slated for December 25th in the USA per IMDB.com

Curious indeed.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 16 Dec 2013, 02:16

I think it is opening in limited release on Dec 25 to make it in time for the Oscars....then it will open wide at the later date. At least that would make sense. Can't find anything about this though....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:45

I love you  I love you 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 03 Jan 2014, 19:03

So His Nibs and Weinstein are both producers aren't they? And with others I think. Will we also get a mugshot of Harvey as part of the promotion?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 03 Jan 2014, 19:55

hi George ! nice pic Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 03 Jan 2014, 20:06

I am thinking since the Weinsteins got pretty much shut out at some awards they are trying a different tact. There has been some push back of the Weinsteins because of all the awards and tactics they have used in the past. They might want to show that hey "we didn't produce this"...kind of story line....since everyone in Hollywood loves GC....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next