George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday?

+3
Katiedot
lovelylois
watching
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? Empty George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday?

Post by watching Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:28

George in Vegas for Muhammad Ali 70th birthday event??

Andrew Zimmern@andrewzimmernReply
The celeb firepower at Ali 70th is insane , terrence Howard and George clooney lighting it up backstage.
50 minutes ago

Muhammad Ali celebrates 70th birthday with Las Vegas gala
Muhammad Ali, the legendary prizefighter who turned 70 last month, will celebrate his birthday Saturday night with a big cast of pop stars and sports icons at a Las Vegas gala to raise money for the battle against neurological disorders. About 2,000 people are expected to attend the $1,500-per-plate "Power of Love Gala," including singers Stevie Wonder and Snoop Dogg, soccer star David Beckham, and actors Samuel L. Jackson and Anthony Hopkins.

Ali suffers from Parkinsons' disease. The event will raise money for the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, which treats Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Multiple sclerosis and other disorders of memory, movement and mood, according to Megan F. Pruce, spokeswoman for the Cleveland Clinic. The event also will raise funds for the Muhammad Ali Center, a cultural and educational center in Louisville, Kentucky.

"His high profile is helping us to raise awareness for these important diseases that need more funding for treatment," said Pruce. The 16th annual gala usually is a celebrity-packed evening, but Pruce said she doesn't think it's ever had this kind of crowd. "It's taking it to the next level," she said.

She could not say how much money the event, which will include a live and silent auction, is projected to raise. The record for the gala has been $27 million. Pruce said the gala will be a "Golden Globes" type event with performances and tributes to Ali, the former world heavyweight boxing champion who became famous not only because of his wins in the ring, but because of his personality and social activism.

The event will be broadcast on ABC as "Ali 70th From Las Vegas" on ABC Saturday, February 25 at 3 p.m. CT. It will re-air on ESPN2 later the same night at 9 p.m.

Source

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 06:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made a mistake with the title of the thread)
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? Empty Re: George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday?

Post by watching Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:41

Cindy (and probably Rande) at the Ali event so George could be attending.

Cindy Crawford@CindyCrawford
Heading to Muhammad Ali’s birthday party tonight. Happy 70th to “The Greatest!”
2:45 AM - 19 Feb 12
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? Empty George Clooey at Mohamed Ali's 70th birthday?

Post by lovelylois Sun 19 Feb 2012, 05:57

Andrew Zimmern @andrewzimmern Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The celeb firepower at Ali 70th is insane , terrence Howard and George clooney lighting it up backstage

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday? Empty Re: George Clooney at Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday?

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 06:11

It sounds as though he is there so I've made this a new topic. Hopefully we'll get pics.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:11

That sounds like one big birthday party! Hope we get some pictures.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:33

With George's brain injury, I would think he would want to be part of this, especially with Cindy and RandE being there too. Yes, I agree, I want pics!! I don't want to wait til next Saturday!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:17

I have looked at Getty Images and scanned some articles and there is no mention of him....nothing on twitter either....so maybe he wasn't there???

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:17

Here are some pictures from AP IMAGES But i don't see george in them and neither do i see Cindy who said she was going. Maybe they were keeping a low profile no red carpet.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:22

here are the getty images....CC and RG are at the bottom

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:45

what happened to James Gandolfini ?
seems so...
different
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 19 Feb 2012, 23:44

Maybe George didn't go?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down