George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney

+9
lovelylois
LornaDoone
Joanna
it's me
Katiedot
lelacorb
Maggy
melbert
socimar
13 posters

Go down

I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney Empty I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney

Post by socimar Sun 19 Feb 2012, 01:20

Found this article yesterday, 2/17/12

Clooney: 'I've Been Unlucky In Love'
17 hours ago | WENN | See recent WENN news »

George Clooney has been unlucky in love - one ex-girlfriend cheated on him and another left him for another guy.
He is not naming names but admits he has had his share of heartache, despite his reputation as a super-confident ladies' man.
The movie star, who was once married to actress Talia Balsam, tells The Hollywood Reporter, "(I've been) left for someone; all those things. And it was sometimes a surprise.
"The most painful was when I kept trying to get (one woman) back. But we all make dumb mistakes."
Clooney, who split from Italian beauty Elisabetta Canalis last year and is currently dating former wrestler Stacy Keibler, also admits he gets lonely when romances turn sour: "I have been infinitely more alone in a bad relationship; there's nothing more isolating."
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney Empty Re: I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney

Post by melbert Sun 19 Feb 2012, 02:04

I wonder who those two stupid girls were...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney Empty Re: I Have Been Unlucky in Love by G. Clooney

Post by Maggy Sun 19 Feb 2012, 02:27

Lol, melbert
I was thinking the same.

Getting dumped is the worst feeling.
But finding the one you really love is the best thing in life specially when they love you back.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 19 Feb 2012, 05:10

The sweet is not sweet without the sour.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:06

It may be that George was not unlucky but he simply has not been able to give of himself to a woman! Love, dear George, do not accept the limitations, do not ever want to be upstaged, in love, you have to put yourself in the game. You, my love, have you ever done this? Is 'possible to live without love but then you end up in being dejected like you are!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:33

Being dumped and being cheated on is - sadly - all part and parcel of life. I'd find it strange if he'd not experienced that pain.

George isn't perfect and therefore he's not perfect for every person. Like all of us he has (or had) to go searching for someone he can be with and inevitably some of those ventures were failures.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:09

Katiedot wrote:Being dumped and being cheated on is - sadly - all part and parcel of life. I'd find it strange if he'd not experienced that pain.

George isn't perfect and therefore he's not perfect for every person. Like all of us he has (or had) to go searching for someone he can be with and inevitably some of those ventures were failures.
It 's true what you say Katie in love but George seems to have always failed! There is a reason?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:17

I don't think love is something that you can give a score to and then say you've definitively failed or succeeded.

It depends on each person. If for you, 'failure' is defined as not getting married then yes, George has failed each time. But I don't know if that's how George defines his relationships.

I'm using 'you' in the general sense, not meaning you personally lela.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:26

Maggy wrote:The sweet is not sweet without the sour.

this sour term
makes me think, dunno why
to TD
which in Italy was named
Paradiso amaro (bitter paradise)
I was thinking 'what an horrible name'
but
wt.....
it's even not enough sour!

you can get
really strong feelings
from that film
I assure you!!!

and about Love

I guess we could talk about it
for ages
without getting the point

the best is

to live it
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:52

A Gorgeous Guy was walking beside a pond when a frog jumped out and told him that she was really a beautiful princess and if he were to kiss her, she would make him VERY happy!
He picked up the frog and put it into his pocket.

A few minutes later, the frog poked her head out and said,
“Didn’t you hear me?! I’m a beautiful princess and if you kiss me
I will stay with you FOREVER and do ANYTHING you want!”

The Gorgeous Guy took the frog out and said,
“Look, I understand what you are saying, but I am
Twice Time Sexiest Man Alive and right now I don’t have time for a girlfriend,……..but a talking FROG is REALLY, REALLY COOL !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:11

I gave you an extra "+" for that Joanna! That sounds exactly what Brad would say!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 13:24

Katiedot wrote:I don't think love is something that you can give a score to and then say you've definitively failed or succeeded.

It depends on each person. If for you, 'failure' is defined as not getting married then yes, George has failed each time. But I don't know if that's how George defines his relationships.

I'm using 'you' in the general sense, not meaning you personally lela.
Absolutely not, I do not think this because he has never married but because her stories are always the time durations of a second, even the time needed to really get to know!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 15:39

because her stories are always the time durations of a second, even the time needed to really get to know!
I'm really sorry but I didn't understand what you meant by that.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:19

Ah, who could have left him for another guy? I'll bet it was Kelly Preston.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:29

maybe

Joanna wrote:A Gorgeous Guy was walking beside a pond when a frog jumped out and told him that she was really a beautiful princess and if he were to kiss her, she would make him VERY happy!
He picked up the frog and put it into his pocket.

A few minutes later, the frog poked her head out and said,
“Didn’t you hear me?! I’m a beautiful princess and if you kiss me
I will stay with you FOREVER and do ANYTHING you want!”

The Gorgeous Guy took the frog out and said,
“Look, I understand what you are saying, but I am
Twice Time Sexiest Man Alive and right now I don’t have time for a girlfriend,……..but a talking FROG is REALLY, REALLY COOL !

wasn't it George himself?!?!!!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 17:14

Katiedot wrote:
because her stories are always the time durations of a second, even the time needed to really get to know!
I'm really sorry but I didn't understand what you meant by that.
Sorry for my english I want said that George's love story are so short He doesen't have the time for know well the woman because the story finish!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 19 Feb 2012, 17:24

But of course I M....lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 17:49

lelacorb wrote: George's love story are so short He doesen't have the time for know well the woman because the story finish!
Ok, I see what you mean but are you sure his relationships are so short? Canalis was with him for two years. Keibler supposedly knew him for some years before they started dating. The only one that really seemed to come out of nowhere was Sarah Larson.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 18:29

Katiedot wrote:
lelacorb wrote: George's love story are so short He doesen't have the time for know well the woman because the story finish!
Ok, I see what you mean but are you sure his relationships are so short? Canalis was with him for two years. Keibler supposedly knew him for some years before they started dating. The only one that really seemed to come out of nowhere was Sarah Larson.

Katie I think it takes more than two years to know a woman
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 18:37

2 years?
are you sure?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 19 Feb 2012, 18:38

More than two years, eh? Makes me glad I'm a woman and that men are simpler creatures because I don't think i'd have that kind of patience either!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 19 Feb 2012, 18:42

Actually, he says that he was dumped and cheated on, if this only happened twice, that is pretty good odds compared to all the women he has dated.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 18:52

It takes more than 2 years to know a woman? We're talking 104 weeks, 24 menstrual cycles (post and pre), several social events and multiple times in bed. How long should it take?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 19 Feb 2012, 19:00

cindigirl wrote:It takes more than 2 years to know a woman? We're talking 104 weeks, 24 menstrual cycles (post and pre), several social events and multiple times in bed. How long should it take?
to know a person (man or woman) in depth not just a life. Two years is the duration of a relationship to twenty years or of a relationship that does not work
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 19:11

Thank lela, I see your point. I was in an 18 year relationship and did see "different" things revealing themselves toward the end.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Feb 2012, 19:12

who said 2 years?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Feb 2012, 18:22

lelacorb wrote:
Katiedot wrote:

Katie I think it takes more than two years to know a woman

Oh no! LOVE "stories" don't usually extend after love has died it's death!!! A relationship without love (I understand that there can be different kinds of relationships... and that there can be those ones outside of love... but just talking here about the ones with love) does not HAVE TO last for a reason of "having to know one another very well" in the name of love... Love is either there or not there... Love destined will not think twice about having to go through the time of "wanting" to learn more, in love, inside being in love...

IF destined love is alive in the relationship, (by that I mean the presence of the 3rd force, the spiritual binding force in the partnership - it's Creator) it will also provide the wisdom, patience, understanding, encouragement, fortitude, the will, and more love, to want to learn more about one another, to want to prolong the relationship... to keep it going... Otherwise, it will be a silent mourning session, leading to un-necessary wanderings... because one does not want to hurt the other with the truth of it's death...

Yes, I am sorry I had to use the fateful word folks... but then, love is either alive or dead... there or not there... a doubt can also lead to/from lust...

NOW, taking the other point separately, the time needed to get to know a woman / man / person... is completely relative... to the mind / spirit / rhythm / IQ / EQ of the person doing the learning / wanting to know... Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Feb 2012, 18:40

lelacorb wrote:
cindigirl wrote:It takes more than 2 years to know a woman? We're talking 104 weeks, 24 menstrual cycles (post and pre), several social events and multiple times in bed. How long should it take?
to know a person (man or woman) in depth not just a life. Two years is the duration of a relationship to twenty years or of a relationship that does not work

Love mostly GROWS as one partner gets to know the other dear Lelacorb... It already began with the couple's choice and decision TO LOVE one another... So the getting to know one another more deeply, and love growing between them, happens together, simultaneously, INSIDE love... LOVE does not WAIT to KNOW everything of the person to make it's existence / presence felt...

Knowing someone fully/indepth, is also an impossible within a lifetime, because a person is constantly growing with the education that life provides... and the whole charm of love is going through this together... IF the couple thought that the "impossible" has been attained... of knowing EVERYTHING about one another... then, there won't really be left anything for love to excite their tomorrow, because they closed that door to it's enchantment already Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Feb 2012, 18:55

Having said all of that... and having read some of George's interviews... I really wonder, IF anyone will EVER get to REALLY know, the truth about George's love life!!! Even from him!!! Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:00

I think he is unlucky in love because he is looking in all the wrong places..... there is that song

For all he knows the right woman might have been under his nose the whole time and he hasn't even noticed.

Fate and destiny only works if you keep your eyes open for it... if you believe in that sort of thing. ( I do)
call it serendipity call it what you want but, if he is not aware because he has his eyes behind a camera the whole time he will not find it.

cantlook

Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:03

He has his eyes behind a camera Michelle?? Which one?? Wink
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:28

the ones he is making movies with. Laughing
Also, when i eventually get my divorce i am hoping for an amicable one and hoping we will get along afterward because we share friends
maybe some people are unlucky in love because they don't know how to handle the hard part in the relationship. I know i am tired of walking on eggshells in relationships now.
I will divorce. There is a show with Fran drescher coming out ON my BIRTHDAY called Happily Divorced . Is that a good sign or what

If i put this in another thread I can't remember ( sorry) Just feeling happily ( soon to be ) divorced.

For now, i wish for those unlucky in love... lots of luck.
Including myself and the open heart... I mean open house board

Shocked WOW... Just made a connection.... when i was 5, I had Open heart surgery and this is the second time I called the Open House an Open Heart Hug1
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 20 Feb 2012, 19:34

Michelle, what a beautiful message. Good luck on your pending divorce and your relationships after. The day I got divorced was the happiest day of my life. I think what I said to myself was something like "HOT DIGGETY DOG." I was in an abusive marriage, both physically and mentally. I've never been as happy as I am now. I'm sending good wishes to you now.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Feb 2012, 20:12

YAY Michelle!!! cheers Wishing you the bestest everything - an amicable divorce, peace in the forgiving, new love and happiness... and loads of joy and laughter Hug1

Bestest wishes for your happiness, joy and well being too Cindigirl I love you

Last edited by Pari on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 20 Feb 2012, 20:25

cindigirl wrote:Michelle, what a beautiful message. Good luck on your pending divorce and your relationships after. The day I got divorced was the happiest day of my life. I think what I said to myself was something like "HOT DIGGETY DOG." I was in an abusive marriage, both physically and mentally. I've never been as happy as I am now. I'm sending good wishes to you now.

Cindi, I don't blame you for getting divorced if that is what you have to live with. Sometimes it is better to be alone than in bad company.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 20 Feb 2012, 21:15

Well thanks Pari and MM. I feel truly blessed now. I got 2 beautiful children out of that relationship and they are good kids. Took after me apparently. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 20 Feb 2012, 21:18

We have to Count our Blessings Every Day and even maybe
play the "Pollyanna Glad Game" sometimes !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 22:37

Thanks Cindi and Pari! I guess the light at the end of the tunnel was the unstoppable train and i saw the rear lights of it and jumped right on!! Where I'm stopping nobody knows.
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:29

auguri Michelle! Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum